Have You Ever Been Asked.....

Guest eledoremassis02

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KateLove

I'm studying Korean & I get asked "are you part Korean?" when I say "No, i'm part Japanese"

they say .. "why arn't you studying Japanese then?" ... :wacko:

Guest dbsuju_gummibear

lmaooo !!!! ppl r so oblivious to everything....but no that hasnt rly happened to me !!! but i have had ppl ask me if i spoke mexican.....im like WTF mexican isnt even a language !!! LMFAOOOOO !!!but ya since i speak spanish ppl always ask me why i dont take spanish in school.....and im like "y would i do that? i already know the language"......lol bunch of under achievers!

Guest x_asianaddict

they dont mistaken me for learning a foreign language

mostly mistaken me for what i look like ..

simply the same thing i'm guessing

Guest Annyon

People in my old Japanese class used to ask if I was Japanese, because I'm asian, and because I was really good at learning and comprehending Japanese. Haha! <3

Guest i_heart_jaejoong

I'm taking Chinese next year, but wow, I'm pretty sure NO ONE will ask me whether I'm Chinese or not, because I think I quite obviously look hispanic. :blink:

I do predict that people will ask me why the heck i'm learning Chinese, because i'm "Mexican" -_- Geez, can't a person take whatever language they want without people judging them?? Actually, I HAVE been asked why I don't take spanish, since I'm hispanic. And to answer them, I just say,"Umm, I already know Spanish?" Why the heck would I take a language I already know how to speak?? Seriously, some people have NO common sense whatsoever. :lol:

Guest jhiroki

I'm Spanish/Filipino/Japanese, and people don't really ask .. but they just say some random phrase, just because I'm mixed.

I don't look spanish, filipino or japanese too.

For spanish, no hablo español, si, taco .. lol.

For filipino, kamusta ka or salamat or some random traditional filipino food.

For japanese, it's always .. konnichiwa, arigatou, sushi, nintendo, wii, etc. lol

I'm like okay with both filipino and japanese, since both parents speak filipino and my dad speaks japanese to me.

Unfortunately, my mom doesn't speak much spanish .. nor do I have a lot of spanish friends, so I can't really learn.

I'm more of a self-learner, than I am a person that learns in classes. :x

Guest <3 for six seasons

i took up German and people asked me if i'm German to begin with. o____o

and i tell them that i'm part German and taking taking it up will improve my German skills.

But when we took up Japanese, no one really asked cause it's mandatory.

Guest getawaycar

My blockmate asked me when we first met "Are you korean(cos of my file case), so whats korean for {insert the f word here}?"

I was like, LMAO?!

Guest Jaepiwon

lol

it never rly happened to me before

i study WAY too many languages though

german, french, english, latin, greek and dutch at school

and self studying chinese, korean, japanese and cantonese

Guest jeehyun.kim

i'm learning spanish.. and i'm korean.. so.. no.. i don't think that'll ever happen.. lol

japanese and asain.. is a totally different story

Guest THiS ONE LOSER

No. I tell people I'm taking Mandarin and I get this: "But you're Chinese! Why are you still taking it?" -_- I speak Cantonese.

Guest soheesocute011

I'm learning Korean, and yes, people do ask me if I'm part Korean. I don't even look Korean.. :blink:

edit: Okay, before they didn't notice me much, but now since I usually speak Korean to my Korean friends, the other Koreans who don't know start asking if I'm Korean...:blink:

Archived