Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

*** Congratulations to JJH who made it to the lists. :blush:

********************************************************************************

Film Magazine Cine21 Reveals Lists of Most-Anticipated Senior and Rookie Actors/Actresses in 2021

The magazine named various actors and actresses we need to anticipate next year.

On December 29th, Korean film magazine 'Cine21' released the lists of most-anticipated actors/actresses in 2021. They are divided into senior and rookie categories, to make them apples to apples. A total of 55 experts voted on the best ones among thousands in the industry. 

Without further ado, check out the complete lists below!

Senior Actors 

1st place: Lee Byunghun

2nd place: Ryu Junyeol

3rd place: Park Haeil, Yoo Ahin

4th place: Park Seojoon, Seol Kyeonggoo

5th place: Nam Joohyuk, Ma Dongseok, Park Bogum, Joo Jihoon

6th place: Kang Dongwon, Kang Haneul, Gong Yoo, Goo Gyohwan, Kim Soohyun, Kim Woobin, Ryu Seungryong, Park Jungmin, Byun Yohan, Song Kang, Song Kangho, Yoo Taeoh, Lee Jehoon, Im Siwan, Jeong Sunghwa, Jung Woosung, Jin Seonkyu, Hyun Bin

source : Kstarlive

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/12/30/film-magazine-cine21-reveals-lists-of-most-anticipated-senior-and-rookie-actors-actresses-in-2021-388898

11 hours ago, agenth said:

I enjoyed his performance in HYENA very much!! Well-deserved! And I am looking forward to Mount Jiri as well!

@agenth, I very much agree with you. SBS celebrated many of the year’s top performances and shows! I'm happy that JJH won. The 2020 SBS Drama Awards will be available on Viki. Most of the best dramas this year was on SBS. :blush:

21 K-Drama Superlatives From 2020

Many things have been up in the air this year. (And no that’s not an airborne virus joke). Travels, studies, work, leisure, relationships, etc. have all been impacted one way or another. But there’s one thing that remains constant and that’s K-dramas. And with that, here is our annual superlative roundup.

Despite the particularly difficult year, we can still find the silver lining and be thankful that we’ve at least had a strong showing in K-dramas to help us get through our stuck-at-home days. We’ve seen plenty of fantasy, sci-fi, and even makjang dramas, though there does seem to be less sageuks this year. Cable channels in particular have gifted us with well-written, well-produced, and well-cast dramas.

To honor the dramas that have accompanied and provided us with healing or have just been a form of escapism, I give you, in no particular order, 2020’s superlatives.

Now before you get up in arms about not seeing your favorite drama, please note that this is not a list of the best dramas of 2020, but rather a fun, silly way to take a stroll down memory lane. So feel free to head down to the comments section and nominate superlatives for all the other deserving dramas!

Disclaimer: This article only includes dramas that premiered between December 1, 2019, and November 30, 2020. Also, minor spoilers ahead!

Man with the longest life span

Joo Ji Hoon in “Kingdom 2” and “Hyena”

A Crown Prince from the Joseon era battles a horrifying plague in the 1300s. 600+ years later, the same man is seen working as a lawyer. Coincidence? I think not. Ladies and gentlemen, Joo Ji Hoon — the man who lived for 600+ years!

“Kingdom 2”

Kingdom-2-540x355.jpg

Aired on: Netflix
Air date: March 13, 2020 (6 episodes)
Starring: Joo Ji HoonRyu Seung RyongBae DoonaKim Sung KyuKim Sang HoJeon Suk HoKim Hye Joon

The second season of “Kingdom” is just as acclaimed as the first, as it continues Lee Chang’s (Joo Ji Hoon) struggle to save his people from the zombie-plague — in case you haven’t heard, this is a historical-zombie genre mashup, which is actually much better than it sounds — while also trying to prevent rival factions (and a certain cray-cray queen) from stealing his rightful seat to the throne.

“Hyena”

Hyena-540x382.jpg

Aired on: SBS
Air date: February 21 – April 11, 2020 (16 episodes)
Starring: Kim Hye Soo, Joo Ji Hoon

Switching gears, “Hyena” is a fun, somewhat campy drama led by Kim Hye Soon and Joo Ji Hoon, and whose chemistry together basically stole the show. While the characters themselves have various shades of gray to them, you’ll find yourself falling in love anyway thanks to the actors’ strong performances. And as with other legal dramas, there’s a lot of twists and turns but there’s also plenty of humorous aspects too, and you’ll enjoy seeing Joo Ji Hoon tapping into his comedic side.

Hyena-gif.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** Joo Ji Hoon has officially parted ways with KeyEast and joined a new agency. TODAY, January 4 H& Entertainment announced that he had signed an exclusive contract with the company. H& Entertainment was founded by Hong Min Ki who used to be the vice president of KeyEast. He has been working with Joo Ji Hoon for many years now.  He's now on the same home with Jung Ryeo WonSon Dam BiKwak Dong YeonJung In Sun, f(x)’s Krystal, and more. :blush:

• Like 1

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

Ju Ji Hoon featured in question 3 - Please vote ! :dorakiss:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 More Must-Watch K-Dramas Of 2020

2020 is over, and what a year it has been. Although most of us are hoping to move on from 2020 and say goodbye to all the good and not so good memories the year had to offer, let’s take a look at some of the amazing dramas that were released this past year. If you’re interested in part one of this feature, you can check it out here. Now onto our list of seven more must-watch K-dramas of 2020.

Note: List is in no particular order.

1. “Hyena”

hyena.jpeg

In “Hyena,” Yoon Hee Jae (Joo Ji Hoon) falls in love with Jung Geum Ja (Kim Hye Soo) and makes it pretty obvious that he wants to be with her. What Hee Jae doesn’t know is that it’s all part of Geum Ja’s master plan to make him fall for her. Hee Jae is a lawyer at an elite law firm and Geum Ja, who is also a lawyer, is trying to do whatever she can to get high profile cases so that she can make more money. The two realize that they’re total opposites and are better off staying away from each other, that is, until a specific case forces them to work together.

hyena.gif

One of the main highlights of this drama is the sizzling chemistry between Joo Ji Hoon and Kim Hye Soo. You won’t even be able to tell that there is a stark age gap. They are not only a very sexy duo on the small screen, but their roles as hotshot lawyers is very convincing. Although it’s a legal drama, it’s not too serious and it’s got a lot of humor throughout that keeps you entertained and engaged. The banter and bickering between the two main leads are hysterical, and you’ll enjoy seeing their hateful relationship towards each other turn into passion.

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fashion Recap: 28 Most Stylish Characters In 2020 K-Dramas

2020 has been a whirlwind of surprises whether good or bad, and most of us are probably glad to bid goodbye to the year that was. But in K-dramaland, the last year has produced some of the best dramas that kept our stay-at-home days well worth it and helped us escape into captivating stories. Aside from epic pairings, heart-stopping narratives, and unforgettable moments, here’s a list of fashionable characters that have made a mark in 2020 K-dramas:

Power Partners

Kim Hye Soo and Joo Ji Hoon of “Hyena”

These two elite lawyers are also elite in fashion with their sleek, smart, and perfectly coiffed looks that simply go well when they’re together. With witty comebacks and clever wardrobe, this drama is definitely in style.

hyena.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

• 2 weeks later...

tvN Shares Their Drama Lineup Plans For 2021

1da105dce86b4264982e5b0131bff8f6.jpeg?s=

tvN has revealed their broadcast plans for dramas in 2021, which includes a lineup of diverse genres and star--studded casts.

Many people are looking forward to “Mount Jiri,” which is being written by star screenwriter Kim Eun Hee (Netflix’s “Kingdom” series, “Signal“). It also stars Joo Ji Hoon and Jun Ji Hyun, and will be Jun Ji Hyun’s first drama since 2016’s “The Legend of the Blue Sea” (apart from a brief appearance in “Kingdom”).

Kim Je Hyun, the director of CJ ENM’s IP (intellectual property) Department, stated, “Just as we led the K-drama boom last year, tvN plans to build an exciting lineup that will meet the expectations of drama fans both in Korea and worldwide. Our target ranges from clear genre productions to blockbusters that will appeal to the general public, as well as new challenges in content and format. We will spread out our broadcast schedule over the week in order to satisfy the various expectations of the viewers.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

:partyblob:

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

*** The Cliffhanger production has resumed filming after a long break due to pandemic. They have completed the COVID-19 tests and all of the staff members tested negative. Cliffhanger immediately conducted the inspection and stopped filming on December 23 last year when a part-time staff who worked on the set construction came into close contact with the COVID-19 confirmed patient. At the time, the staff in question was also tested positive for the virus.  :fullofhearts:

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210125134642482

• 4 weeks later...

These K-drama Actors Gave Justice to Their Roles as Lawyers

Many K-drama fans always look forward to the roles of their favorite actors, maybe a character of a CEO, policeman, agent, or even a lawyer. Through the years of producing drama content, these are the notable Korean heartthrobs who fairly gave justice to their roles as lawyer.

There is something magical about lawyers that is incredibly appealing. More than their passion of seeking justice and helping those who are in need, they are also extremely good looking while standing in trial. I bet you focus too much looking at them rather than listening to their cases right? We are sure you're having the same struggles. Check out some of your favorite K-drama lawyers below!

Ju Ji Hoon - "Hyena"

Oozing with strong charisma while in trial, no one can make it like Ju Ji Hoon in tha drama "Hyena." He portrayed the role of Yoon Hee Jae, a successful and prominent lawyer who defends his clients fiercely and in a way that he knows how. Witty and hardworking lawyer that is always ready to save you anytime of the day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtuZ8iIhJzm/?utm_source=ig_embed

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120002/20210303/k-drama-actors-gave-justice-roles-lawyers.htm

***  It was reported that  “Goong” (also known as “Princess Hours”) is set to get a second drama adaptation! The drama was first made into a drama in 2006, starring JJH. As far as I remember, it was a major domestic and international hit! I'm not really into remakes, sequels or part2s. For me, nothing could surpass the original.  :Ohboy3:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good News for Binge-Watchers: K-Dramas with More Than 1 Season

Korean dramas always end too soon, leaving fans wanting to see more twists and turn with their favorite characters.

Luckily, these dramas have more than 1 season and can take you deeper into their complex stories.

Kingdom

1615774282241-Kingdom.jpgImage Source: Netflix

This highly-rated series is Netflix's first original Korean drama. Set in Korea's Joseon period, the show combines a historical setting with a zombie apocalypse. The show's 2 seasons aired in 2019 and 2020, and there will be a spin-off titled 'Kingdom: Ashin of the North' later in 2021.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kstarlive

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/03/16/good-news-for-binge-watchers-these-k-dramas-have-more-than-1-season-390324

*** I'm done re-watching his latest drama, "Hyena." I was not able to watch this continuously during its airing since of lack of time. Finally...................I've done this watching the whole drama now. 

Both Kim Hye Soo and Joo Ji Hoon give fantastic performances. I’ve heard fairly mixed responses to this show. I’m guessing that if you liked Lawless Lawyer, that you might like this too. Kim Hye Soo does a fantastic job of breathing life into Geum Ja. Joo Ji Hoon’s got a great range of elastic reaction faces in this drama, which I found both endearing and charming.  I very much enjoyed the chemistry between Joo Ji Hoon and Kim Hye Soo. Also, it’s interesting to note that while Geum Ja is the older of the two, and this is therefore a noona romance. This combination of reluctant admiration and seamless teamwork is working for me very nicely. Jealous Hee Jae is always amusing and entertaining to watch. My soft spot is for the beginning to grow sisterhood between Geum Ja and Attorney Boo, which I found especially endearing. I do like that Geum Ja scouts her to join the Choong team.  I also have a big soft spot for Ji Eun, who is perfect as Geum Ja’s loyal assistant. I’d been intrigued at first, when the show introduced CEO Kim, because I was hoping that she’d be instrumental in bringing down CEO Song. However, it doesn’t make much use of her at all. What I was confused was didn’t Hee Jae and Geum Ja get suspended for two years after the disciplinary hearing? How then is Hee Jae able to defend his father in court? I guess there’s a big oversight on this part? Or did I not understand the law ruling correctly? I’m really entertained with the show. For the finale’, would it have been good to see CEO Song’s fall from grace with more clarity? I finally learn why Geum Ja’s so set on buying the building that she keeps staring up at; it’d been the site of the orphanage where she’d kept getting abandoned repeatedly, and she’s decided that buying the building is the only way to turn the sight of the building into something better than a painful memory. The ending is worth it for the fantastic performances of both leads.  :glasses:

Then and now: How K-drama's biggest leading men like Hyun Bin, Gong Yoo, Ju Ji-hoon were like

Ju Ji-hoon, 38

• Princess Hours (2006)

It's such a coincidence that two of Ji-hoon's biggest roles are that of a prince. However, their characters couldn't be any more different. In the hit 2006 South Korean television series, Ji-hoon plays Crown Prince Lee Shin who is cold, aloof and treats his wife Shin Chae-kyeong badly because their marriage was arranged by their grandfathers. To be honest, he wasn't that much of a looker back then and that god-awful hairstyle wasn't doing him favours.

• Kingdom (2019)

After completing his military conscription though, he made a comeback with Netflix Original series Kingdom and boy, did Ji-hoon 'glow up'. He has aged visibly but he wears it well and is barely recognisable as the handsome Crown Prince Lee Chang who is on a journey to save his kingdom (pun intended) from a zombie plague and political conspiracy. Even our resident K-drama fan in the office was surprised that Ji-hoon is the same actor she saw in Princess Hours.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/then-and-now-how-k-dramas-biggest-leading-men-hyun-bin-gong-yoo-ju-ji-hoon-were

*** Today, April 2, more reports were released about the remake of the drama, "Princess Hours".   I heard that the production team wants to make a drama that has a fun story for teenager.  They plan to film sometimes around next year summer (2022). No writer fixed yet. But, they are planning to choose the writer by this month. They are looking for a rookie writer in his/her 20-30s.  They are thinking of having around 16-20 episodes. The production team is also planning on bringing on a lot of staff working for movies.  The production team is planning on recruiting musicians who worked with the original drama as much as possible. The production team is paying attention to the casting wanted by fans in different communities.  :selfie2:

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/6-things-we-know-about-the-remake-of-princess-hours/

• 2 weeks later...

8 Korean Vampire/Zombie Dramas And Films For Chills And Thrills

Fantasy-themed K-dramas and films come in all shapes and sizes but those of the spooky and gory variety always have a special place in our hearts (nothing like a bit of blood and jump scares to get your weekly dose of heart-pumping aerobics after all).

Whether you are a fan of the cold and logical vampire prototype or simply someone who enjoys the suspense of watching hordes of mindless zombies on the tear, there’s something for everyone as they truly run the gamut.

Without further ado, here are eight Korean zombie/vampire dramas and films to thrill your senses this season!

1. “Kingdom”

Set against the backdrop of the Joseon era, “Kingdom” presents the walking dead as a result of a calamitous plague which turns commoners and royals alike into zombies scavenging across the land in a bloodthirsty frenzy. Hunted and worn-down, Crown Prince Lee Chang (Joo Ji Hoon) and his allies have to defend themselves from zombies while navigating dangerous political terrain against the powerful Haewon Cho clan and its sinister secrets.

While zombies are a central theme to the plotline, “Kingdom” toes a fine line between devolving into a period era apocalypse and delivering on the political conspiracies that are lurking underneath the surface. So fear not if you like more meat on your K-drama picks!

kingdom.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

[Replay the Classic] ‘Princess Hours’: The Lovey-Dovey Rom-Com that We Loved Back Then

01-17.jpg

The mega-hit series Princess Hours (aka Goong), which represents the “internet novel” sensibility in the 2000s, is coming back. The news of Jaedam Media, the company in charge of manhwa Goong’s management, signing the remake contract with the production company Group Eight hit the wire last month. Soon, many fans have expressed concerns and anticipations. In the meantime, a fan-made teaser video featuring Kim Yoo Jung, Lee Do Hyun, Song Kang, and Go Yoon Jung on YouTube gained favorable reviews. The basic structure of the story will remain the same. But as it’s been 15 years since the first TV adaptation, attention focuses on what the new Princess Hours will be like. 

02-12.jpg Credit: MBC

Princess Hours is an MBC mini-series based on comics of the same name by Park So Hee. This 24-episode series aired from January to March in 2006. Set in an alternative 21-century Korea where monarchy and imperial family have retained, the plot centers around the romance of crown prince Lee Shin and an ordinary high schooler Shin Chae Kyung. In the series, they become an arranged marriage couple per their grandfathers’ old promise.

At the time, the original comics became a new trend with their fresh concept and beautiful drawings. Hence, even from the early stage of the production, many stayed skeptical about the entire TV adaptation. However, with the booming success of the series, Princess Hours was reproduced in various fields such as novels, musicals, games, and fan merchandise, receiving great love for a long time. Before the official remake announcement, the original comics made headlines once again published on Kakao Page as a full-color webtoon.

An Unconventional Cast Lineup that Became a Game-Changer

When Ju Ji Hoon, Yoon Eun Hye, Kim Jung Hoon, and Song Ji Hyo became lead roles, they barely had any acting experience. Right after the official announcement, the entire team faced keen attention and skepticism.

In particular, Yoon Eun Hye, who joined as a lively character, Shin Chae Kyung, had to endure an obscene tirade. And that was mostly about how her looks, though she underwent a strict diet since her teen as the youngest member of Baby V.O.X, didn’t match the “slender” Shin Chae Kyung. But with the unexpected hit, people’s opinions about the actress shifted. Following Princess Hours, Yoon Eun Hye made back-to-back hits with The Vineyard Man and Coffee Prince, proudly winning the title of “rom-com queen.” Even the original work fans send their support, saying that they can’t imagine anyone else acting as Shin Chae Kyung.

None of the four actors were free from criticism throughout the show due to their relatively immature acting skills. And yet, it’s evident that Princess Hours has allowed the first heyday in their filmographies. Ju Ji Hoon, who played the feisty Lee Shin, was merely a rookie actor fresh out of the modeling world. But after several films, he has grown into a “go-to” leading actor. It’s also intriguing to see him perform a good-hearted yet agonizing crown prince, which is complete apart from Princess Hours, in Netflix’s Kingdom series.

Art and Music Complete the Work

The real reason behind Princess Hours’ success may be the cinematic beauty, not the actors. The original comics alone had a significant impact on the popularization of everyday hanbok with its luxurious fashion (that freely goes back and forth between traditional and fusion hanbok) worn by Chae Kyung and the royal families. Moreover, the TV series also tried to capture the characters’ colorful lives unfolded against the palace, school, and ordinary homes. In order to best illustrate the entire realistic palace, the production team built a large filming set of the highest prices of the time at a factory site in Osan, Gyeonggi Province. 

The sweet yet delicate soundtrack also played a significant role in enhancing the quality of the series. Even after the end of it, various programs have used the crossover band Second Moon’s tracks and HowL & J’s “Perhaps Love.” And as the Korean music industry has grown brilliantly for the past 15 years with the leading K-pop, many of the best artists will likely participate in the Princess Hours remake’s soundtrack. Besides, considering how the contemporary fusion historical projects such as Mr. Queen and Joseon Exceroist came under fire for their blatant distortion of history, the staff will have to pay more attention to the clothing and props than they did 15 years ago.

Spoiler

A Man Who Acts Violent in the Name of Love? A Woman Who Cries All Day Long? Well…

As many say, the “cheesiness” is the big reason we watch Princess Hours. But even after considering the traditional romance elements, some scenes are hard to laugh at. The best example will be the abusive acts that Shin and Yul force on Chae Kyung in the name of love. Especially, Shin attacks Chae Kyung in everything to the point where viewers can’t excuse him for having a cold personality. For instance, he pulls on Chae Kyung’s wrists and even tries to kiss her forcefully. Suppose such outdated custom of treating women as possessions, not as equal, is tolerated under the name of “romance” in the remake. In that case, the production team will be ignoring viewers’ learning and empathy abilities.

Furthermore, Chae Kyung only gets hurt as she continues to be indecisive between two men. And what’s worse was that she idly stood by when her rival Hyo Rin seduces her husband and stands in the way of her romance.

Even in 2006, many showed disappointment in Chae Kyung’s actions. For the 
Princess Hours remake to be successful enough not to damage the original comic and the first TV series, reconstruction of the characters and love affairs will have to follow the “current” common sense, unavoidably. 

I hope that Princess Hours will return to the small screen after 15 years, achieve good results, and satisfy both comics and drama fans.

source : https://zapzee.net/2021/04/15/replay-the-classic-princess-hours-the-lovey-dovey-rom-com-that-we-loved-back-then/