Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

seo ye ji + joo ji hoon lend their voices to naver webtoon series

20200925_1812544892097975936450310.jpg?w

DaYUmmm. This pairing should totally be a real-life drama OTP. Joo Ji Hoon and Seo Ye Ji are the leads for the audio version of a Naver webtoon series, Men of the Harem. It is about a female emperor choosing her male empress among her harem… which sounds all kinds of awesome. I can absolutely imagine Seo Ye Ji kicking RickRoll'D in the role and having intensely sexy chemistry with Jo Ji Hoon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFi2lJLH1YF/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFi3LjNHfcO/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2020/09/25/seo-ye-ji-joo-ji-hoon-lend-their-voices-to-naver-webtoon-series/

Ju Ji-hoon is booked and busy in the upcoming months...

https://zapzee.net/2020/09/29/lee-sun-kyun-and-ju-ji-hoon-to-star-in-new-disaster-film-together/

Lee Sun Kyun and Ju Ji Hoon to Star in New Disaster Film Together

by krishkim

Lee Sun Kyun and Ju Ji Hoon will star in the upcoming movie Silence (working title).

0287ec874cfc30a4fe519b783c729025-crop-horz.jpg

Credit: HODU&U Entertainment, KeyEast

Silence is a disaster film that tells the story of people stranded on the airport bridge that’s just before the collapse struggling to survive the unexpected threat.

Lee Sun Kyun plays Cha Jung Won, a man who faces a disaster situation as he is trapped on the bridge that’s about to collapse with his daughter Kyung Min (Kim Soo Ahn). Ju Ji Hoon takes on the role of Joe Park, a wrecker driver who roams around the road to find work.

68b2e1a5fa7d2b0dcd5c0482b3af7300-crop-horz.jpg

Credit: Jc.ent, Ssgg Company, S&A Entertainment

11cba699a67344fabcaeb12f31458f29-crop-horz.jpg

Credit: Noon Company, 935 Entertainment, J,WIDE-COMPANY, Blossom Entertainment

Kim Hee Won plays Dr. Yang, who was passing over the bridge due to the project’s transfer job, and Moon Seung Keun and Ye Soo Jung will play an old couple, Byung Hak and Soon Oak. Park Hee Bon plays Mi Ran, and rising star Park Joo Hyun will play Yu Ra, Mi Ran’s sister, and portray various people isolated in the middle of a disaster.

Kim Tae Woo will become Jung Hyun Baek, Cha Jung Won’s best friend, while child actor Kim Soo Ahn plays Kyung Min, Cha Jung Won’s daughter.

Meanwhile, Familyhood director Kim Tae Gon will direct the movie, while Along with the Gods director Kim Yong Hwa will act as a producer. Silence is scheduled to start filming next month.

Source (1)

• Love 1

Top 40 Most Powerful Stars in Korea 2020, According to Forbes Korea

The "Forbes Korea most powerful stars" is a list released by the Forbes magazine (Korea) which includes the 40 most powerful celebs in South Korea.

Since 2010 the said magazine has been releasing this list annually.

Personalities that are included in the list are all active stars in areas such as music, movies, television and social media. They are ranked according to their professional achievements, influence, earnings for the past year as well as how famous and popular they currently are.

This year ranked top on the list is the famous kpop boy group BTS. These past few years the said Big Hit boy group has solidified its position in the entertainment industry and has received high recognition worldwide. The counterpart girl group BLACKPINK, which is the girls of YG entertainment is Close to BTS's rank. This 2020, BLACKPINK has not yet made a comeback, however, that could not stop them from earning the top 3 place in the list.

Check the complete list of the 40 most powerful stars in Korea this 2020 according to Forbes Korea below!

30. Cho Yeo Jeong - South Korean Actress

31. Ju Ji Hoon - South Korean Actor and model

32. Do Kyung Wan - South Korean Announcer for KBS

33. Kwon Nara - South Korean Singer and actress

34. Kim Hye Soo - South Korean actress

35. Park Hang Seo - South Korean actress

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119010/20200928/top-40-powerful-stars-korea-2020-according-forbes.htm

• Like 1

These Gorgeous And Hot Korean Actors In Their Late 30s Are Still Single And Available

As everyone is getting hooked to Korean dramas, especially during community quarantine, we know that it's hard to keep track of all the good looking actors from all the series, especially now that Korean entertainment companies are always launching fresh new faces with every project release.

However, there are those heartthrobs who stand the test of time! As some would say, Korean men age like fine wine, and yes, they got even hotter as they age. Let's look at those fine handsome Korean actors that are still single and maybe ready to mingle. It seems a lot of them choose to remain single. This could be because of a personal choice or maybe because they still don't have time to be in a relationship, or maybe they still haven't found "the one."

Check out the list below! See if your favorite hot actor is on the list.

Ju Ji Hoon, 38

5 Hot Shirtless Korean Actors In Their Late 30's That Are Still Single And Available
(Photo : Ju Ji Hoon fan page Pinterest)

Ju Ji Hoon is probably the first-ever Oppa or the first-ever prince we have laid our eyes on. He portrayed the character of Crown Prince Lee Shin in 'Princess Hours' which is one of the most classic dramas we have ever watched. Though he may be entangled with some controversies throughout his career, Ju Ji Hoom still proved that he is one talented actor as he continues to rise to fame with Netflix hit series, 'The Kingdom.'

(skipped unrelated.....)

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119006/20200928/these-gorgeous-and-hot-korean-actors-in-their-late-30s-are-still-single-and-available.htm

• 3 weeks later...

*** They had not taken a few shots together, though. Will they produce a good chemistry? :confused:

Stills & video for naver series, "Men of the Harem"

20201013_0930221982345134078166156.jpg?w

credit picture/video : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2020/10/13/voice-the-thought/

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

The 5 Most *Expensive* K-Dramas Produced So Far

Can you guess how much the most expensive K-drama costs?

If it wasn't already obvious, there's a hefty price to pay for producing the high-quality K-dramas that we love. That said, a few shows cost a lot more than most based on their setting and storylines, especially when it comes to costume-heavy period pieces, and CGI-laden fantasy dramas. Not to mention each show's top stars are also compensated handsomely per episode.

Curious as to how it all works? Below we rounded up five of the most expensive K-dramas produced thus far.

3. Kingdom Seasons 1 and 2 (2019 and 2020)

Estimated Cost: 35 billion won (P1.5 billion)

According to series director Kim Seong Hun, Netflix's breakout zombie drama Kingdom went over its assigned budget, which resulted in the production team having to pay for the additional penalty fees. He revealed in an interview with Variety that each episode required more than $1.78 million (approximately 2 billion won or P85 million).

"Initially, Kingdom was intended as an eight-episode series and production was supposed to be completed in four months. In the end, however, we took about six months on production and overspent the budget," he told Variety. The series stars top Hallyu actors Ju Ji Hoon and Bae Doona.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/most-expensive-kdramas-produced-sa2565-20201018-src-preview?ref=home_feed_1

• Insightful 1

*** I heard that JJH planned on leaving his current label KeyEast, starting anew with a new agency. If so, I'm curious what Label he's heading to. According to earlier media reports, he was contacted by a startup agency, H& Entertainment - established by a former vice president of KeyEast. Wait & see............. :blush:

Ju Ji Hoon’s Contract With KeyEast is Up for Renewal

On October 20, it was reported that actor Ju Ji Hoon would be leaving his current company KeyEast Entertainment and joining a new agency with a new contract. However, such rumors were quashed by his agency who responded by saying that Ju Ji Hoon's contract was up for renewal.

KeyEast relayed, "We are currently discussing Ju Ji Hoon's contract renewal."

Previous reports alleged that Ju Ji Hoon was reached out to by a relatively new and up and coming agency H& Entertainment - established by a former vice president of KeyEast Entertainment. H& Entertainment is home to artists like In Kyo Jin, Jung Ryeo Won, Son Dam Bi, and now Krystal Jung, and more.

However, no confirmed reports have been received so far.

(Photo : KeyEast)

Ju Ji Hoon's first leading role was in the 2006 hit drama Princess Hours. His other notable works include The Devil, Antique, Mask, Along With The Gods: The Two Worlds and its sequel, The Spy Gone North, Dark Figure of Crime and Kingdom.

He also played the leading role in the record-breaking law and order K-Drama, Hyena alongside Kim Hye Soo. 

Ju Ji Hoon shot to worldwide popularity with his role as the titular King in the Netflix series Kingdom season 1 and 2. Kingdom was met with immense popularity both in Korea and overseas and has effectively changed the appeal of K-dramas overseas.

Kingdom
(Photo : Netflix)

He is all set to return to the small screen with the multi-million project Jirisan, alongside top actress Jun Ji Hyun.

Jirisan is the story of rangers who work to rescue people at Jiri Mountain National Park.

Seo Yi Gang (Jun Ji Hyun) is the best ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. She knows virtually everything about the area, including where to climb the mountain.

Kang Hyun Jo (Ju Ji Hoon) is a rookie ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. He graduated from the military academy and was once an army captain. However, he's hiding a terrible secret.

These two people become partners and they work to save people around Jiri Mountain National Park.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119135/20201020/ju-ji-hoon-contract-keyeast-up-renewal.htm

• Insightful 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1433670wpp/kim-hee-ae-joo-ji-hoon-kingdom-writer-kim-eun-hee-and-more-win-at-2020-asia-contents-awards

Kim Hee Ae, Joo Ji Hoon, “Kingdom” Writer Kim Eun Hee, And More Win At 2020 Asia Contents Awards

Oct 25, 2020
by U. Kim

The winners of the 2020 Asia Contents Awards were announced!

The Asia Contents Awards, which began in 2019, honors dramas from Asian countries. This year, there were 10 categories and 21 awards. 75 dramas from 17 countries were submitted, and of those, 28 dramas from 12 countries were selected as nominees.

On October 25, the 2020 Asia Contents Awards live streamed their ceremony, which was held online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Only the hosts (2PM’s Nichkhun and 2019 Miss Korea Kim Se Yeon) and performers (Lovelyz and Kim Jae Hwan) were present at the venue, and the presenters and winners all participated remotely via video.

Kim Hee Ae took home the honor of Best Actress for her acting in JTBC’s “The World of the Married.” She said, “Thank you. It was an honor to work with such great actors like Park Hae Joon and Han So Hee, and I hope to see them through another project again. Director Mo Wan Il and writer Joo Hyun created the best drama. I’ll look forward to their next one. I owe it to my fans who supported me, and I always know that you’re cheering me on. Thank you so much, and I love you all.”

Best Actor went to Joo Ji Hoon for his performance in Netflix’s “Kingdom S2.” He said in his speech, “First, I hope you are healthy. To Netflix, the staff, and actors who created ‘Kingdom,’ thank you so, so much. I’m currently filming for writer Kim Eun Hee’s ‘Mount Jiri‘ (working title), and since I was given such great news in the midst of it, I’ll work harder during the filming with a content heart. Please look forward to ‘Kingdom S3.'”

Director Mo Wan Il of “The World of the Married” won the Best Creative award, and he shared, “Last October, exactly at this time of the year, we began filming. At the time, we were nervous and unsure whether we’d be able to complete the drama well, but the many anxious hearts bore fruit and touched the viewers’ hearts, and I’m very glad about that. JTBC will continue to approach you with exciting dramas.”

Screenwriter Kim Eun Hee of “Kingdom S2” took home the Best Writer award, and she expressed, “Thank you for giving me such a great award. When I first thought up ‘Kingdom,’ I thought it would be impossible to bring it to life as a drama. I thank the staff at Netflix, who helped make that dream of mine come true. I’ve been creating ‘Kingdom’ for over three years. I thank the directors, and I hope that our precious actors, who are like a family now, will reach the finish line we’ve promised to reach. The most important zombie actors, thank you so much. I also thank the staff who work hard under difficult conditions on set, and I will work harder to write a script that is worthy of them.”

“When the Camellia Blooms” received Best Asian Drama, and the drama’s director Cha Young Hoon shared, “Thank you for giving us a big award. It’s been about a year since the drama finished airing, and receiving this great award is moving. I thank writer Kim Sang Choon who wrote a nice drama, the actors including Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul, and the viewers who laughed and cried with our drama.”

Jeon Mi Do took home the Best Newcomer Award for her acting in tvN’s “Hospital Playlist.” The actress said, “To those who gave me this meaningful award and the viewers who loved the character Chae Song Hwa, thank you so much. I would also like to thank director Shin Won Ho, who allowed me to have a fantastic experience, writer Lee Woo Jung, the ’99s’ friends, and all other actors and staff.”

Check out the full list of winners here:

Best Creative: Dai Ying of “The Bad Kids” (China), Mo Wan Il of “The World of the Married” (Korea)

Best Asian Drama: “Last Madame” (Singapore), “When the Camellia Blooms” (Korea)

Best Actress: Kim Hee Ae of “The World of the Married” (Korea), Kuroki Haru of “Nagi’s Long Vacation” (Japan)

Best Actor: Joseph Chang of “The Victims’ Game” (Taiwan), Joo Ji Hoon of “Kingdom S2” (Korea)

Best Writer: Kim Eun Hee of “Kingdom S2” (Korea)

Best Newcomer (Female): Plearnpichaya Komalarajun of “One Year” (Thailand), Jeon Mi Do of “Hospital Playlist” (Korea)

Best Newcomer (Male): Rong Zi Shan of “The Bad Kids” (China), Paris Intarakomalyasut of “In Family We Trust” (Thailand)

Technical Achievement Award: MADMANPOST of “Kingdom S2” visual effects (Korea)

Best Rising Star: Dilireba of “Eternal Love of Dream” (China), Kirti Kulhari, Sayani Gupta, Maanvi Gagroo, Gurbani Judge of “Four More Shots Please! S2” (India), Ririn Dwi Ariyanti of “Dewi” (Indonesia)

Lifetime Achievement Award: ABS-CBN (Philippines), AMUSE INC. of “Midnight Diner” (Japan)

Excellence Award: Araki Yuko (Japan)

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Source (1)

• Like 2

Here Are The Most Anticipated K-Dramas and Films For 2020-2021

Want to know the top 10 most anticipated K-dramas and films are coming soon? Then keep on reading!

7. 'Jirisan Mountain'

Mouth Jirisan
(Photo : AsianWii)

'Jirisan Mountain' is a K-drama scheduled to be released in 2021 under tvN. The drama stars Ju Ji Hyun and Ju Ji Hoon. Seo Yi Gang (Jun Ji Hyun) is the best ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park, and she knows everything about the area. Kang Hyun Jo (Ju Ji Hoon) is a rookie ranger with a secret. The two become partners as they work to save people around Jiri Mountain National Park.

(skipped unrelated.....)

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119173/20201022/here-are-the-most-anticipated-k-dramas-and-films-for-2020-2021.htm

*** The drama will air mid-2021. Below are candid snaps of Jeon Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon on set  in hiking gear against watery sunlight/darkness. The actors are around the same age and it's their first time working together. I'm excited. :blush:

************************************************************************************************************

1st look at mount jiri stars released

20201030_1000012346483236106888760.jpg?w

photo source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2020/10/30/1st-look-at-mount-jiri-stars/

*** So NICE to know that “Mount Jiri” held its first day of outdoor filming on October 29.  This drama has such a great cast and crew, judging from the previous works of the director like Goblin, Descendants of the Sun and Mr. Sunshine all have fabulous cinematography. While writers works : signal, ghost/phantom, sign , 3 days, kingdom 1 and 2. What more can you ask? They are all A+. Jun jihyun is coming back on the small screen + I could get to see JJH once again in a drama. So happy even that is good news.  "Mount Jiri” is currently scheduled to air sometime next year - 2021. I'm excited in this new drama. Still a long way until this drama will be released but looking forward! Yes..................all the best for this drama! :blush:

Jeon Ji-hyun, Ju Ji-hoon Team up for New TV Series Next Year

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/2020/11/02/2020110201048_0.jpg

Jeon Ji-hyun (left) and Ju Ji-hoon

Jeon Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon are set to kick off the new year with cable channel tvN's new mystery series "Jirisan."

The much-anticipated series is already garnering much attention with its star-studded cast.

The upcoming series started shooting in September, and on-location filming began last week in Namwon, North Jeolla Province, ahead of its airing early next year.

Set on Mt. Jiri, which is considered one of the steepest mountains in Korea, the series revolves around a group of people who climb unknown parts of the mountain and explore some of its deepest caves.

Jeon plays a veteran park ranger and Ju appears as a novice ranger who works closely with her.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/11/02/2020110201062.html

These Are 2020’s Top 5 K-Drama “Power Couples”, As Selected By TV Industry Professionals

#CoupleGoals

If you’re an avid K-Drama binger, you know. K-Drama couples are made of the sweetest desires. From 2020’s massive line-up of romance (and non-romance!) series, Korean TV industry professionals picked the “Top 5” power couples to go down in history.

4. Hyena‘s Geum Ja x Hee Jae Couple

SBS‘s February 2020 K-Drama Hyena had K-Drama fans screaming in excitement for its star-studded line-up of leads Kim Hye Soo and Ju Ji Hoon. With a sexy-but-merciless lawyer, head to head against a dashing elitist lawyer, this K-Drama about power struggles and money moves sent viewers looking for love in all the wrong places.

So when, in episode 8, these two locked lips in a passionate kiss scene, Hyena‘s viewer rating shot through the roof.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://m.joynews24.com/v/1311348

Here’s What The Cast Of The 2006 Koreanovela ‘Princess Hours’ Is Up To Now

princess-hours-cast-update-1604068401.jp

The early 2000s gave us some of the best koreanovelas we've ever seen. Long before streaming platforms like Netflix, Viu, and iQIYI were a thing, OG fans know the thrill of patiently watching dramas on CDs and local networks. One of these dramas is Princess Hours, also known as Goong

The drama’s popularity soared high and was broadcasted in different countries including Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Japan, and of course, the Philippines. It was so well-received by audiences that it even had a musical adaptation and a spinoff entitled Prince Hours!

Princess Hours aired in the Philippines in 2006, the same year it was released in South Korea. The drama introduced us to the fixed marriage of Janelle and Prince Gian, who eventually grew feelings for each other. Look at comments on the internet, and you will see that almost everyone fell in love with the drama that was actually based on a webtoon or manhwa.

Wonder what the cast of Princess Hours is up to now? 

2. Ju Ji Hoon

Update on the cast of 'Princess Hours'

Ju Ji Hoon made it big not only in K-dramas but also in Korean movies. Some of his works include the Netflix series Kingdom and the high-grossing film Along With The Gods: The Two Worlds (which was followed by a sequel that he was also a part of).

Ji Hoon can’t help but reflect on the changes that have happened after his first project, Princess Hours. During a show appearance, he revealed that he actually gets quite embarrassed when the drama’s reruns are played. “I couldn’t watch it for a long time, but one day I happened to come across a .gif on Instagram. I really felt my age. I looked so much younger then.” LOL!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGzShZTH8DZ/?utm_source=ig_embed

Ju Ji Hoon is going to be *super* busy in the following months. First, there’s a *possible* Kingdom prequel (he confirmed this during his speech in the 2020 Asia Contents Awards where he took home the Best Actor award). Second, he will be playing the lead in the drama Mount Jiri alongside Jun Ji Hyun. And third, he will join the star-studded line-up of the movie Silence with Lee Sun Gyun and Park Ju Hyun. Phew!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG3921pBIb_/?utm_source=ig_embed

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/princess-hours-cast-updates-2020-a4575-20201102?ref=home_feed_1