Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

meelis said:

I only saw parts of ep 29 raw and the preview, painful enough, so may I suggest something really lighthearted for his next project? A rom-com would do, or even one of those silly Korean comedies I'm not at all into, but I promise to sacrifice myself and watch it :).  Just no more crying, loosing his loved one, getting hurt and killed at the end. JJM needs a break, his fans too.

I don't know, if he has to go international, I would prefer for him another Chinese drama or movie, or why not Japanese? He has the advantage of not looking too much "typical Korean" and he should use it.

Hollywood... I don't know, seems to me that they aren't treating the Asian actors very well (with some exceptions, of course).

meelis said:

I don't know, if he has to go international, I would prefer for him another Chinese drama or movie, or why not Japanese? He has the advantage of not looking too much "typical Korean" and he should use it.

Hollywood... I don't know, seems to me that they aren't treating the Asian actors very well (with some exceptions, of course).

Guest filchiny

minnie0103 said: sarah.lina said: I'm really getting angry over haters in this article on Nate
The second top comment is :

[ 86 ; -16 ] : When there is JJM on screen, there is no fun

They are really insecure over the fact that even if WY is absent from the love triangle, the romance between TH and SN doesn't seem to developp either, it's always the same thing. But bashing an actor, that's really a serious thing, they don't even have the right to compare an A-list actor to a B-list actor, but bashing a Baeksang Awards winner it's just too much !!!!!!!!

@lorac Flowers in Fog is also on my to watch list, but I don't know if I can take JJM's voice dubbed again... He's a full package deal, it includes his voice; but if the drama is worth it, I'd like to watch it... so yes please comment about it!
Thank you girls for posting those awesome videos! Asian fans are sooo well behaved! I could totally see myself throwing my bra to the stage... ok, no, that was my altered ego talking...
Jin Mo you're so handsome!!! I just can't have enough of you!
WY+SN is also my OTP in EK, but in my mind I think that ship already sailed and reached its destination; they've given their bodies and souls to each other, so I don't ask much more from them... other than forgiveness and everlasting love... but I'm afraid the writers we'll do a Gabi ending for them... =((

Guest Ding Lin

@lorac~~

I was told that JJM is the best part of  Flowers in Fog!  The story and the rest of the cat are not good enough. I actually saw a message saying that the person watched two channels at the same time and switched to FIF when JJM appeared :)

As for the mean comments, I was told that some fans did not see TH in the preview of Episode 29 and shouted "kick WY out of the drama" at the MBC site! I wonder if these people are adults! Their behavior is more like whining school kids!

illay said: OMG..what a good news..I hope they will visit soon !!! I thought most of JJM's fans are typically 'quiet' fans. I means fans that enjoy actor/actress existence but they will not go that far to send gifts, etc just to please the actor/actress.  At the Empress Ki conference, HJW's fans sent so many congratulatory rice and if i am not wrong JCW's fans sent some too. However, i didn't see any congratulatory rice photo to JJM from his fans. So i am glad that his fans are taking move  now.  JJM must be happy to finally get some love  :x
@Ding Lin what about you add some JJM singing ,CF, interview links  from youtube to the profile page? To make the page not to crowd ..don't just paste the link but make it like this 

<--- i don't know what this called kekekeke

@Ding Lin : Normally in sageuk drama, there weren't many young viewers or how can i say the type of viewers that can be seen for "Heirs" for example --> aka : immature and childish fans, but here there is a handsome and young actor (JCW) who is playing a cute and naive Emperor so all the childish/immature fans have increased in this drama, i'm not putting the fault on JCW, he's doing an amazing job portraying TH, that's mostly his newly fans not his older fans, i know that they want to support their character/actor but they tend to bash the other actors, like what they did with Reply 1994, Heirs ect... I think that these type of fans are not even watching the drama, they are just waiting for JCW segment ;) ;) ;)

Guest Ding Lin

I have a question for you since I am new to the kdrama world.
I wonder if the setting in EK (the main male lead was shoved to the side and was given little screen time) happens in other dramas.  

I think the problem with EK is that the production team is too ambitious. They mixed too many different stories together.  The tone of the drama could switch between a sad story to a comedy in a few minutes. It is difficult for the audience to hold their emotion.  For example, there is a scene in Episode 15 where ED invited WY for a tea break. TH was trying to remember the bird story that SN read to him,  while WY recited a famous poem to express his sorrow for his country.  Both actors were great. TH was cute and WY was perfect as a king of a powerless country.  However, the scene started out funny, but it became pretty heavy in a few seconds!  I guess if I were a fun loving  TH fan, I would have complained that there was no fun watching WY since many scenes with him were so heavy and sad!  Also, the scenes in Episodes 21-29, JJM's acting was so wonderful when WY cried for SN.  However, all of these touching scenes were separated by the palace stories.  It is difficult for the audience to share his pain after a long scene with the Yuan women!  

I confessed that I did something pretty childish.  I edited some of the TH parts out for the early episodes.  To my surprise, a wonderful WY (and WY/SN) story suddenly surfaced!  The scenes are suddenly well connected and the emotion was consistent!  It was like watching a new drama!! :)  The acting of JJM and HJW is perfect :)!

@Ding Lin I think this drama as you've mentioned is very ambitious... but I believe the way they've written WY character is precisely to be on his own, I believe JJM is very powerful on his acting and he could overshadow the emerging actors around him... so he's sort of holding his own storyline within the main story, of course his storyline is intertwined with the others; but he's sort of fighting solo with his supporting Team Koryo until he reaches his final destination which I believe should be SN's heart.To make the drama more easy to digest, they have to throw some comedic relief, otherwise the tone would be too heavy to handle. Unfortunately we loose a lot of WY' storyline screen time because everything seems to be happening within the Palace; but since the story is about EK, we have to accept that fact and live with it.On the other hand, if the story was about King Wang Yoo, we would have a totally different story, based on his trials and adventures to get the love of his life...

Ding Lin said: I have a question for you since I am new to the kdrama world.I wonder if the setting in EK (the main male lead was shoved to the side and was given little screen time) happens in other dramas.  

I think the problem with EK is that the production team is too ambitious. They mixed too many different stories together.  The tone of the drama could switch between a sad story to a comedy in a few minutes. It is difficult for the audience to hold their emotion.  For example, there is a scene in Episode 25 where ED invited WY for tea break. TH was trying to remember the bird story that SN read to him,  while WY recited a famous poem to express his sorrow for his country.  Both actors were great. TH was cute and WY was perfect as a king of a powerless country.  However, the scene started out funny, but it became pretty heavy in a few seconds!  I guess if I were a fun loving  TH fan, I would have complained that there was no fun watching WY since many scenes with him were so heavy and sad!  Also, the scenes in Episodes 21-29, JJM's acting was so wonderful when WY cried for SN.  However, all of these touching scenes were separated by the palace stories.  It is difficult for the audience to share his pain after a long scene with the Yuan women!  

Guest Ding Lin

@ElinaG @Stclaus @Sarah.lina~~~
Thank you very much for your insightful opinion!  :)  I found it interesting that I learned so much about Kdrama via EK! The whole business is pretty interesting!!

@Stclaus~~
Maybe, we could indeed edit a drama called "King Wang Yoo" from EK!! :)   According to a fellow Chinese fan, she has been timing the screen time of WY (I know, she is devoted!!).  She discovered that WY appeared roughly 15 minutes with his fake money case in the recent Episodes.  If so, it is about 1/4 of the drama.  We could have a drama "King Yang Yoo" of 13 episodes :)!  Ha! 

Guest anjshin

1656328_10201325408803560_952460279_n.jp1653794_10201325410363599_1231691398_n.j
1926947_10201325410963614_1159447634_n.j

This is the nicest thing, atleast Joo Jin Mo oppa is happy, smiling behind the scenes. From a proud fan ~anjshin.
credits to soompi member pieracapozucca for the link.  :-*

Ding Lin said: @lorac~~

I was told that JJM is the best part of  Flowers in Fog!  The story and the rest of the cat are not good enough. I actually saw a message saying that the person watched two channels at the same time and switched to FIF when JJM appeared :)

As for the mean comments, I was told that some fans did not see TH in the preview of Episode 29 and shouted "kick WY out of the drama" at the MBC site! I wonder if these people are adults! Their behavior is more like whining school kids!

Guest anjshin

ommmo i can't believe i have done this, to follow Joo Jin Mo sshi all the way, fan girl all the way, i have loved Brad Pitt and Hugh Jackman, and & Jang Dong Gun, but didn't gave much attention to them like i'm giving to JJm oppa, it's my first time to do this in the history of my 26 years of being alive. Fighthing/Vamos. ^_^:D ;;):P

Guest Ding Lin

@illay~~
MBC has an official Empress Ki site.  There is a message board. Fans can post their comments for anything related to Empress Ki there (it is not divided by episodes). 

Here is a collection of JJM's photos in Fashion 70s. WOW!!!!!!!  =D>

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2862168682