Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Netizens Find a Terrifying Fact behind Kim Soyeon's Psychopathic Scene in the Latest Episode of 'Penthouse'

large_2d4acbe8f74657987cee3484017493fe4a

The fact brings you goosebumps.

Netizens have now found the hidden meaning behind episode 15's last scene in the ongoing drama 'The Penthouse: War in Life.' In the scene, Cheon Seojin (played by Kim Soyeon) rushed to her training room and psychopathically played her piano after seeing his father died right in front of her. 

1608180958418-1608180958418.png

Some of you might have wondered why Cheon Seojin played her piano out of the blue. However, it seems like the writer of the drama wants to deliver a deeper message through the scene. The secret laid behind the song that Cheon Seojin played. The song was 'Mazeppa' by Franz Liszt. The song is known to be one of the most difficult songs to play by pianists. 

The song tells the story of Ivan Mazepa. He was caught in the act of adultery, seducing a noble Polish lady. Later, her husband punished Mazepa by tying him naked to a wild horse and setting them free. Netizens believe that it's definitely not a simple coincidence as the drama also deals with an adultery scandal among the characters. 

Meanwhile, the 15th episode of the drama recorded viewership ratings of 23.3% nationwide and 25% in Seoul (according to AGB Nielsen), setting its personal best.

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/12/17/netizens-find-a-terrifying-fact-behind-kim-soyeon-s-psychopathic-scene-in-the-latest-episode-of-penthouse-388659

d50847d8c2fc6a116e4b9c241610a771f0bc4ba1

I wanted to know what she is playing. First she is playing other piece but chance with List `s piece.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

Wow!!! Just found out that Kim So-Yeon and Park Si-hoo were dating back in 2010. Saw their wedding photos but don't know how to insert onto this Forums.

They definetly not dated. Those pictures were edited fan pictures. They even exchanged their phone number at the end of the drama and that`s it. Prosecutor Princess did not have very good ratings when it aired. It was number 3 in ratings along the airing dramas at the same timeslot (the other two dramas were (Personal Taste with Son Ye Jin and Lee Min Ho and Cinderella's Stepsister with Moon Geun-Young ) but managed to rise constantly and almost became nr 2 at the end of the drama. Prosecutor Princess couple became a couple loved by fans. Even to this day there are people who love them. They were popular that Park Shi Hoo made a voice cameo in So Yeon`s next drama from the same year (SBS drama too), Dr Champ. for the fans. He asked on the phone if she is Ma Hye Ri. Kim Yeon Woo (So yeon`s new character) said no and hang up the phone. 

You know how those couple shippers are. The video or pictures were one of their wishful thinking. :D

To insert pictures is easy. On the bottom of the comment section there is a button (insert image from USL) or just click right on the picture, copy image location and click on the comment section directly. Sometimes works to just copy the image and paste it here.

• Like 1

Actor Kim So-yeon sent a sweet Christmas greeting to her husband Lee Sang-woo.

7af0a563f8ef9523abe06380acfca8e5fe896185

On the afternoon of the 24th on Christmas Eve, Kim So-yeon photographed and posted the image of her husband Lee Sang-woo on her Instagram story, adding a word "Merry Christmas ♡". The sweet expression of affection that was left in short by taking pictures of her husband's back shyly attracts attention.

Kim So-yeon is currently playing the role of Cheon Seo-jin, the incarnation of desire, who has risen to the seat of a gold spoon soprano and chairman of the Cheong-A Foundation in the popular SBS Monday-Tuesday drama'Penthouse'. Her sweet reversal, which surprised the home theater with her intense villain performance, attracts more attention.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=396320

• Like 1

Many Knets expect So yeon to win Daesang prize this year as well. :fullofhearts:

Who is the favorite pick to win the '2020 SBS Drama Awards' daesang?

Thursday, December 24, 2020  2020 sbs drama awards, sbs drama awards  No comments
e61d425a21649723872728335f8c9940.png

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+859] Kim So Yeon no matter what...

2. [+441] Kim So Yeon for daesang!

3. [+391] Kim So Yeon no matter what

4. [+317] Kim So Yeon no matter what ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+266] I think it'll be between Han Suk Kyu or Kim So Yeon

6. [+145] Kim So Yeon :wub:

7. [+107] Not Eugene..

8. [+98] Nam Goong Min

9. [+88] Either between Nam Goong Min or Han Suk Kyu..?

10. [+75] I wish Kim So Yeon will stay in character as Cheon Seo Jin when she accepts the award

11. [+73] I was so sad to see no one mentioning Kim Hye Soo ㅠㅠㅠ I support her for 'Hyena'

12. [+55] Kim So Yeon 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/12/who-is-favorite-pick-to-win-2020-sbs.html

• Like 1

The actor who plays Joo Dan tae`s right hand/secretary uploaded a pictures with chocolate. He said that he is filming today and that he received chocolate gift from Kim so Yeon. Sweet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJOVnGbMIUe/

Shooting today again! (Chocolate gift from Kim So-yeon~ Thank you very much !!)

Another person thanks So yeon for the gift.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJOiu4ehzGc/

And someone uploaded a pictures took last year commenting:

Selfie taken with Soyeon Kim Soyeon, the hottest penthouse these days,

I just remember the picture I took at this time last year

Your face and speech like an angel

All the other actors went off after winning

Sit down to the end and celebrate

It was like an angel who said hello to me as well

I don’t have time to watch the drama these days, so I haven’t seen the penthouse yet.

As if your acting skills are great, I have to drive later

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJLpWi0H4cy/

• Like 2

Penthouse’ Seojin Cheon... ? Kim So-yeon Actually, “Singing Skills” are the reason why people get goosebumps

img_20201226132941_7b201a02.webp

Spoiler

img_20201226132947_e8e9f4d7.webp

A video of actor Kim So-yeon's actual singing skills is being re-examined. Actor Kim So-yeon is showing her best acting role as Cheon Seo-jin in the SBS drama “Penthouse,” while the video of'The King of Mask Singer' received attention again on YouTube. In September 2016, Kim So-yeon appeared in MBC’s entertainment show “King of Mask Singer” as Squirrel“Nice to meet you,” and showed surprise singing skills. At that time, Kim So-yeon drew attention by selecting singer Kim Yoon-ah's "Night Song" as a solo song.

img_20201226133007_32262e50.webp

Spoiler

img_20201226133013_b4fc5065.webp

img_20201226133016_85297171.webp

The judges also cheered with startled expressions to Kim So-yeon, who perfectly digested the "Night Song" with sad emotions and voices. At the time of appearing in ‘The King of Mask Singers,’ Kim So-yeon shyly confessed, “I was a lover of'The King of Mask Singers', so I voluntarily contacted them to appear.”

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/604979

It is true that many of her works are revisited now or she is discovered for the first time. I am glad that people try to know her better.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

So Yeon, giving chocolate gifts to the crew of Penthouse.

Short video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJQs_erpJ9z/

Because I listened again So Yeon singing at The King of Masked Singer, I remembered her singing at the Love Tree Project (in 2009/2010). Her former agency Namooactors made a CD with some of their artist singing for charity. I wish she will do such project again. 

=kimsoyeon15.jpg

The song is titled “Even This Small Thing” (이 작은 것에도). Her selection was composed by Roller Coaster member Lee Sang-soon, and the lyrics written by singer-songwriter Lucid Fall. After she finished recording the track, Kim So Yeon said, “My singing wasn’t the best, but I sang with sincerity. I hope that this album helps children receive medical care.”

https://www.dramabeans.com/2009/12/kim-so-yeon-sings-for-charity/

• Like 2

16 hours ago, larus said:

Because I listened again So Yeon singing at The King of Masked Singer, I remembered her singing at the Love Tree Project (in 2009/2010). Her former agency Namooactors made a CD with some of their artist singing for charity. I wish she will do such project again.

Is just fantastic.

• Like 1

'Penthouse' Kim So-yeon, Ji-ah, and Eugene, the three-colored foxes

optimize

SBS's Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse' (played by Kim Soon-ok/director Joo Dong-min)'s ratings are not stopping. The 17th episode, which aired on the 22nd, is breaking its own record every day with an audience rating of 24.0% (provided by Nielsen Korea) nationwide.

The hot acting of actors appearing in'Penthouse' is also drawing favorable reviews. The role of actors who are captivating the hearts of viewers by leading the play in a story that repeats reversal is an indispensable attraction of'Penthouse'.

Among them, there are three actors who are active at the center of the play, so it is Kim So-yeon, Lee Ji-ah and Yujin. The three are creating a situation that makes it impossible to take their eyes off the situation of the residents of Hera Palace, which is gradually becoming a catastrophe.

Soyeon Kim, Seojin Cheon, a sample of evil women

optimize

Kim So-yeon played the role of Soprano of Desire in the play, Seo-jin Cheon, the director of the Arts Department at Cheong-A High School. Kim So-yeon, who tried to act as a villain 20 years after MBC's'Everything about Eve' aired in 2000, exudes intense charisma by depicting Seo-jin Cheon, who does not hide the desire to possess everything around her.

The center of all the incidents unfolding in the'Penthouse', starting with a bad relationship with Yoon-hee Oh (played by Yujin) in the past, an affair with Dan-tae Joo (played by Um Ki-jun), kidnapping Min Seol-ah (played by Jo Su-min), and manipulation of daughter Ha Eun-byul (played by Choi Ye-bin). Seo-jin Cheon in is depicting a sample of a villain who holds power on her back and makes all of the characters in control.

In particular, in the 15th episode, which aired on the 15th, when my father Chun Myung-soo (played by Jeong Seong-mo) had a seizure from high blood pressure due to the blindness of the chairmanship of the Cheong-A Foundation, it was shocked by the depiction of the death of Chun Myung-soo with only the chairman's power of attorney. Afterwards, Chun Seo-jin was seen playing the piano of madness while being covered with blood. In particular, Kim So-yeon's realistic acting in this scene left a strong impression on the viewers. Kim So-yeon, a talented actor, is already interested in how to portray Seo-jin Cheon, who foretold that he will wield even greater power by taking the position of chairman of the Cheong-A Foundation.

(Google translate)

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4160789

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

Is just fantastic.

Thanks for the video. I was nice to listen to So yeon`s smooth voice again. She gives me warm feelings after listening to her voice. She is very good at narrating. I hope she will do a radio show or narrating a documentary.

I like the duet with Cho Jang Hyuck, promoting her movie Change (1997). In the same time I feel sad while watching the video because I know how hard it was for her at this life performance. She was 17.  At that time she received some hate from H.O.T fan girls.  It was a rumor that she was dating Jang Woo Hyuk, one of H.O.T member (a popular boy band at that time) and they shout "Go Away" while she performed on stage. Kim So-yeon cried for 2 hours in the bathroom after finishing this stage.

In the movie they used another singer`s voice but she likes to sing a lot at Karaoke this song.

Spoiler

Another performance was in the O`live`s program, A Beautiful Day, when she was in Mexico in 2009. In this program she helped a girl receiving a new violin.  She sang in public her own version of "Besame Mucho at her guitar. She practiced so much for a few days that she had bloody wounds on her fingers.

I did not find the part where she sings/play but I like this part when she is painting along with the Mexican artist. She likes to paint.

Spoiler

The part 8 where she played Besame Mucho is missing.

In Dr Champ she played the guitar. It was on You Tube but I am not finding it now. 

https://www.facebook.com/148349078537375/videos/174870269194531/

• Like 2

14 hours ago, larus said:

Thanks for the video. I was nice to listen to So yeon`s smooth voice again. She gives me warm feelings after listening to her voice. She is very good at narrating. I hope she will do a radio show or narrating a documentary.

Something specials about Kim So-Yeon voice.....Unique, class of her own.

14 hours ago, larus said:

It was a rumor that she was dating Jang Woo Hyuk, one of H.O.T member (a popular boy band at that time) and they shout "Go Away" while she performed on stage. Kim So-yeon cried for 2 hours in the bathroom after finishing this stage.

I learned about it. So good that Kim stay positive and move on. 

• Like 2

SBS'Penthouse' Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, and Yujin, who are wrapping the home theater with a ‘pent blast,’ are creating a'legend ending' with a strong impact with a goose bump.

OHMNPTG5RFAYGFMVO5SYVYALXI.jpg

Above all, the ‘penthouse’ is enthusiasm for viewers by offering a ‘ending beauty’ that stirs emotions until the end, from the reversal that causes the thrill to the shock that makes the back of the head tingle. In this regard,'Legend Ending #3' of Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, and Eugene, who gathered hot topics by dominating real-time search words with an explosive hot performance, are summarized.

Legend ending #1. Episode 15- ‘Chun Seo-jin (Kim So-yeon)’s Madness Ending’

Cheon Seo-jin's madness ending, which caught the eyes and ears of viewers in the last 15 episodes, aroused goosebumps all over the body and at the same time left a strong lingering, standing tall at the top of the topic. Seo-jin Cheon burst into resentment when her father, Myung-soo Cheon (Sungmo Jeong), who learned of his affair and divorce, declared that he would replace the next chairman. Then, she played with his father to steal the chief executive officer with his younger sister's name on it, and ran away, leaving behind her father, who had fallen off the stairs in shock. Afterwards, Seo-jin Chun ran to the lesson room and played the piano like crazy with blood-stained hands. “My father made me like this. Don't be so unfair, father. Still, she did one thing and went away.” She showed a mad smile with her atrocities reaching its peak, giving a sense of extreme immersion.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/12/28/XI3PJDG6NGVBN634HQR5C6MPB4/

• Like 1

It looks like Penthouse 2 will be broadcast in February, like it was already rumored. I can`t imagine what Seo Jin will do in the next seasons. Butting heads with Yoon hee and Dan tae and probably with her ex.

Speaking of Dr Ha. As I asking before, i don`t really understand all his behaviour. Perhaps it is the exagerated tone of this drama that all the actions are over the top but I wonder if there is a love-hate relationship with Seo jin.

I want in the next season for the writer to explore more the relationship between her daughter and ex husband.

When Han Yoon chul found out about the affair of her wife, she was angry and hurt. I know that both of them think the other doesn`t not love him/her but I think there are some feelings left.

They were married for 17 years and for ten years they did not have been intimate. They were young and they wasted so much time from their youth. 

When those two men come to Seo Jin`s office to tell her about the money her husband has to pay, I saw Seo Jin defended Yoon Chul. I was thinking, at least she is defended him in front of others. It was more than he has done for her.

58BKIT.gif

I like the scene when they came out after the divorce. It was the first time to see them a little vulnerable in front of each other. Maybe it was some regret left. 

lrcGQR.gif

I get that Han Yoon Chul was overwhelmed by Seo Jin and her family, he did not feel comfortable as her husband. She is not easy to love. Seo Jin is a DIVA. But he was not all innocent in this marriage. Now that he is the director of Cheong Ah medical center and he is on his own, I hope he will man up a little.

I can`t believe that Seo Jin`s father gave him the director seat. It doesn`t make sense. But I am glad he has more power now that he can deal with Seo jin from equal position. She needs some bounderies, especially dealing with her daughter.

She makes me laugh when she is playing with him.

GA9m4E.gif

Spoiler

PIPL7z.gif

GCYSJQ.gif

Spoiler

I hope they don`t kill each other. Use this passion for something less destructive.

3j8LQO.gif

JML12C.gif

GajHxt.gif

oSlTZV.gif

• Like 2