Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

larus - "She is looking beautiful like expecting. I am not a fan of her outfit ( I don`t like the dress at all) but it is always a pleasant oportunity to see her on the red carpet. She looks so classy, like a greek goddess."

- I agree with you, I much prefer her  outfit in the presentation of KBS Entertainment awards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

I agree with you, I much prefer her  outfit in the presentation of KBS Entertainment awards.

Mee too. But, as I said, I like to see her wearing anything, even a T shirt on the red carpet. :lol:

Not to mentioned the sea of white and black at Korean red carpet events. I should have gotten used to it by now, but I guess, my heart doesn`t stop hoping. :lol:

I wish to see Soyeon in a good project next year (hopefully not another weekend- family drama). I don`t want to diminish the importance of getting a good role regardless of the genre but miniseries`s roles are more diverse, showing a variety of unique roles/ plot. I just watched the first teaser of SBS Hyena. I wanted the role for Soyeon even before they announced any casting. It was not hers to be. :(

I already have in mind roles in upcoming dramas and I hope in silence. Or a new project that I did not hear about it. Anything would be nice. Just be a good role.

If we could hear a good news on her personal life, we will be very happy as well.

Fighting! Let 2020 will be a succesful year!

After the ceremony

source J Wide

ENIj5XFXkAM2VxT.jpg

2019 year for Soyeon

KBS drama Mother of Mine (108 episodes of 30 minutes)

2019090207075659.jpg

She received Excelence award at 2019 KBS Drama Awards for her role of Kang Mi Ri

202001010108461510_1.jpg

She also received an award for the same role at 9th Korean Wave Awards

400611_297154_3046.jpg

She presented Daesang at KBS Entertainment awards

Spoiler

201912220343431810_1.jpg&key=cf4c8dd9990

Variety show

Happy Together 4 with her costars from Mother of mine

f2ec9d3a06594f23b3ee420712ae16ef.jpeg?s=

JTBC Let`s Eat Dinner Together ep 128 with costar Hong Jong Hyun

84433_170145_4392036821654591028785.jpg?

Marie Claire pictorial in November.

The photo shoot was located in two hotels in Bangkok, Thailand.

98098792.1-600x400.jpg

Spoiler

ce087e03107be2a561a651a2190982ca075acba0

Advertisement

All for You 2019 sing/ summer & Fal/ winter collection

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

She attended  All for You volunteer event.

77186069_160593638587567_867299535052435

She was selected as IOPE model

Good luck for Kim So Yeon in 2020! Be happy and healthy!

Filming for All for You ad

(Google translation)

To meet Soyeon in six months
Whenever we meet, always look bright
Greatings, So Yeon
Soyeon, good health, happy new year,
Enjoy your coffee mix!

"Enjoyable shooting today"

It looks like Soyeon`s hair is a little shorter than it was at KBS Drama Award.

Finger crossed for a new prooject!

• Like 1

Yes. I don't understand why she isnt getting offers for good roles. She waited 2 years for Secret Mother and after that again a family drama. And i'd say the number and quality of roles for women in their 30s and 40s has drastically improved in the last couple of years. There are so many dramas where i am thinking she would be a better choice. Drastically underrated? Or just not popular enough? Like i said i don't understand it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Yes. I don't understand why she isnt getting offers for good roles. She waited 2 years for Secret Mother and after that again a family drama. And i'd say the number and quality of roles for women in their 30s and 40s has drastically improved in the last couple of years. There are so many dramas where i am thinking she would be a better choice. Drastically underrated? Or just not popular enough? Like i said i don't understand it.

First, thanks for visiting Soyeon`s thread. :) I agree that there is an improvment of roles for women in 30s and 40s and that is encouraging. I also agree with you that they should offer Soyeon more roles.

I was praying for a new project for Soyeon and there it is. She was offered a role in upcoming SBS drama Penthouse, of writer Kim Soon Ok who wrote The Last Empress. Penthouse' is a drama about a woman's desire, motherhood, and real estate success story. It is reported that Shim Sung Rok, Lee Ji-ah ,Eugene, Bong Tae Kyu are also considering joining. Let see if Soyeon will join too.

I hope she signs because the writer made a succesful drama and there is an attention for this drama and its cast. I personally could not finished The Last Empress because it became too makjang for me, and I have a feeling that this drama will be the same but I will watch for Soyeon. I like that it is a woman centric drama and from what I read, the female lead is a grey character. I don`t know what role she would play. Perhaps it is an ensemble drama so there will be many important roles. I feel like the story is will be suiting Soyeon. I could see her as an ellegant woman in the whole succesful in a real estate business world. I am intrigued about this drama and I want to know more about it.

71747_35499_2228.jpg

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=718560

From filming for All for You

:lol:

More informations about SBS drama Penthouse. It looks like the production wants to creat this drama in two seasons but it is nothing confimred yet.

Kim Soon-ok's new work 'Penthouse' will be broadcast on a seasonal basis.

337496_420659_0954.jpg

'Penthouse' is a drama about a woman's distorted desires, motherhood, and real estate success stories, who are racing toward life to enter the highest penthouse in Gangnam, the symbol of wealth. The artist Kim Soon-ok and Ju Dong-min PD who succeeded in 'Quality of the Empress' are gathering the expectations of viewers.

Penthouse, the final stage of the casting, is preparing to broadcast over two seasons. The reason is that the story is driven by a long breath and complete. In particular, Kim Soon-ok is the first to write a drama season, so Kim's special challenge is eye-catching.

An official at SBS drama station said, "It is true that we are considering producing a season system, but there is no confirmation."

Penthouse is preparing to broadcast this summer. The leading actors were Eugene, Lee Ji-ah, Shin Rok Shin, and Bong Tae-gyu. In particular, since Shin Sung-rok and Bong Tae-kyu have shared 'Return' with Ju Dong-min PD, they are also interested in the return of the 'Return' dream team.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=337496

I don`t like the season concept but if they will produce the drama like Cheif of Staff with both seasons in the same year then I would like it.

The writer likes to make makjang fest but at least the public seams to like her stories. I will definetly watch her drama regardless of my reservations about the genre because I will see Soyeon on screen again. Also, the actors are wonderful.

Now only the Shim Sung Rok, Lee Ji-ah ,Eugene, Bong Tae Kyu are in talks for this drama, new articles mention  Shin Eun-kyung, Oh Man seok and our girl, Kim So yeon. With a cast like that doesn`t matter what I watch on screen. :lol: I don`t know if all of the actors mentioned on articles will appear, I hope they all sign. It gave be the vibe of Last Empress or Sky Castle kind of drama. I liked Sky Castle and if there is an anemble show like this drama, I will be happy.

An official from SBS said on September 9 that Shin Eun-kyung, Oh Man-seok and Kim So-yeon are positively considering their appearance in the Penthouse.

1578562592409497.jpg

'Penthouse' is a drama about a woman's distorted desire, motherhood, and success story of a woman, who races toward life to enter the highest penthouse that is the symbol of Gangnam. SBS 'Empressor's dignity' Ju Dong-min PD and Kim Soon-Ok once again known as a work of unity gathered the topic.

Earlier in December, it was reported that Eugene, Shin Sung-rock, Bong Tae-gyu, and Ijia were offered to appear in the penthouse. At that time, Yi Jia said that only the schedule was checked, and Eugene, Shin Sung-rok and Bong Te-gyu said they were considering the appearance.

Attention is focused on how the final lineup of the 'Penthouse' will be packed.

Meanwhile, the 'penthouse' organization is known this year, but the exact time is not confirmed.

http://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1221161

The line up is so good. I like that we`ll have so much ladies in this drama. I also like Shin Sung Rok and Oh Man Seok and Bong Tae Gyu.. I can`t wait to know more about the characters. I don`t think the ladies will be nice. Not all the ladies... :lol:

I really like the cast. Now I hope the writing will be GOOD. Fingers crossed. It will be a pity if the writer don`t have good material for all of the actors.

• Thanks 1

More news

So far the actors who will appear in Penthouse are:

Lee Ji Ah, Eugene, Shin Sung Rok, Bong Tae Gyu

Later, Shin Eun Kyung, Oh Man Seok, Kang Tae Oh and Kim so Yeon

It looks like So yeon will appear in the story with Oh Man Seok. I really like this news. I remember wanted to see they together one day.  Good news for me.

Also, Kim So yeon will play the villian in the SBS drama Penthouse. (source)

Shin Eun-kyung, Oh Man-seok, Kang Tae-o, reviewing the drama “Penthouse” affirmation

99159968.2.jpg

The drama 'Penthouse' lineup continues to rise above the surface. There is no confirmation but the review continues.

The drama “Penthouse” is a story about a woman's desire, motherhood, and real estate success story that stride through life to enter the high society. The artist Kim Soon-ok of the Empress's Dignity and Joo Dong-min PD unite again

99152188.4.jpg

Even though the starring actors reportedly appeared in the appearance of the express stars, no one is clear and is in "discussion" situation. Lee Ji-ah, Eugene Shin Sung-rok Bong Tae-gyu, who is discussing the news of Kim So-yeon, who is reviewing his appearance on the morning, is being reported.

https://sports.donga.com/3/all/20200109/99159972/2

As a result of coverage of News1 on the 9th, Oh Man-seok is finalizing for the appearance of SBS's new drama 'Penthouse' (played by Kim Soon-ok / director Ju Dong-min).

article.jpg

Oh Man-seok will play the role of Ha Yun-cheol in the play, and will focus mainly on Kim So-yeon, who plays the role of Chun Seo-jin.

'Penthouse' is a story about a woman's desire, motherhood, and real estate success story that stride through life to enter the high society.

Kim Soon-ok is a writer who writes 'Wife's Temptation' and 'Come Jangbori'. In SBS, 'Queen of Empress' and 'Sister is Alive' hit. Dong-min Ju, PD, also had a career that led the success of the Empress's dignity following the return.

Lee Ji-ah and Eugene Kim So-yeon are discussing the main role.

http://news1.kr/articles/?3813124

So many actors in the lead roles. I think we`ll have an ensemble cast like in Sky Castle.

Kim So yeon will play the villian. I think it will be great but I hope it will be a multidimensional character and not a villiness over the top. Let be a good role that people will remember like they remember  Yeong-Mi .  Fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1

Is KSY on the main lead role? Or she will only appear on season 2?

All the casts are ok, but can we get some more handsome guys? :w00t::lol: 

To me, Shin Sung Rok, Bong Tae Gyu, both not handsome (sorry to their fans). BUT, i watched their previous project "Return" k-drama, i must give thumbs-up to this drama writer/PD, the rating was so good, the last EP was 18.4% in Seoul by AGB. I really enjoyed this drama all the way, it kept me suspense until the end....I love it. Highly recommended for this drama.

3 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Is KSY on the main lead role? Or she will only appear on season 2?

All the casts are ok, but can we get some more handsome guys? :w00t::lol: 

To me, Shin Sung Rok, Bong Tae Gyu, both not handsome (sorry to their fans). BUT, i watched their previous project "Return" k-drama, i must give thumbs-up to this drama writer/PD, the rating was so good, the last EP was 18.4% in Seoul by AGB. I really enjoyed this drama all the way, it kept me suspense until the end....I love it. Highly recommended for this drama.

The drama has three main female lead roles and one of them is played by Soyeon. She will appear from the start, I hope in both seasons if they will make this drama a serial. She will be the villainess so they need her from the start. :lol:

Who cares about men when we have beautiful female leads! :) Now getting serious. Both Oh Man Seok and Shin Sung Rok are charismatic men and talented so I don`t have any complaints. I find Bong Tae Gyu funny to watch. I doubt there will be much romance in this drama.

From what I understood, Soyeon will be paired with Oh Man Seok or, at least, he will be linked with Soyeon`s story.  I remember when he was rumored of appearing in Happy Home. It was just a rumor or a wishful thinking of a fan on Naver  but I was thinking, two years ago, what if they will appear together in a drama someday. I liked the idea. The last time I saw him was in MBC Partners of Justice 2 . I like him as a actor. 

I liked Return but there were some `crazy` characters there. :D

The first female lead (the central character) in Penthouse is a grey character. She is ambitious and we`ll see her transformation  throughout the drama. She will become a 'monster' wanting to archive her desires, one of them is to get a penthouse in Gangnam. The story reminds me more of Sky Castle because the leading lady there became obsessed and made some wrong decisions. She was not a really nice lady. I remember disliking her more than the teacher. :D Sky Castle had a good script so I would like to see a similar story/ character development. Not the same thing I could say about The Last Empress. But if the writer will keep the audience interested, I am OK. 

I don`t know what character will play Soyeon. I am really curious.

• Like 1

Great. I like real estate story. Hope to see her become real estate tycoon in this drama...:D

PS : after seeing the AFY BTS video for LSW and KSY, I love the cool and steady gesture shown by LSW, he is like a lighthouse in the sea for her, a guiding light shines for her whenever she is lost or panic. They compliment each other well. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Great. I like real estate story. Hope to see her become real estate tycoon in this drama...

I am excited to see Soyeon in a new drama but in the same my heart is not at rest because I never liked any stories of this writer. But I should be grateful that she has offeres and it is working. I wish Kim Soon-ok will make a succesful drama again. It looks like actors are more lucky to get new roles if the previous drama was a succes.

As I said, I don`t know what role she will play. What is sure, is that she indeed will play a rich woman and see her wearing ellegant clothes.

I say that the titular lead role is fitting Soyeon . Playing an obsessed woman, trying to get the penthouse in Gangnam and transforming in a monster along the way, is a villainess in my book but who knows what other nasty characters the writer prepared for us. I just hope I don`t see craziness in this drama. I want a  serious drama, if it is possible. I can watch makjang but not over the top one.

7 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

PS : after seeing the AFY BTS video for LSW and KSY, I love the cool and steady gesture shown by LSW, he is like a lighthouse in the sea for her, a guiding light shines for her whenever she is lost or panic. They compliment each other well. 

Yes, they compliment and complement each other very well. So yeon and Sang Woo found the perfect partner for each other. :D Wish them lots of happiness together.

Kim So Yeon, Oh Man Seok, And Shin Eun Kyung In Talks To Join New Drama By “The Last Empress” Creators

Jan 10, 2020
by S. Cho

2a7f3e0433084719b2d100944e5142f4.jpeg?s=

Kim So Yeon, Oh Man Seok and Shin Eun Kyung are in talks for SBS’s new drama from the creators of “The Last Empress.”

On January 9, Kim So Yeon’s agency J Wide Company stated, “Kim So Yeon has received an offer for SBS’s new drama ‘Penthouse’ (working title) and is reviewing the role.”

A representative from SBS also stated, “Shin Eun Kyung, Oh Man Seok, and Kim So Yeon are all positively reviewing their appearances in ‘Penthouse.'”

“Penthouse” tells a real estate story of a woman who juggles ambition and motherhood as she gradually turns into a monster while trying to enter both the high society and a luxury penthouse in the Gangnam District.

The drama is the highly-anticipated reunion of writer Kim Soon Ok and PD Joo Dong Min, who worked together on the popular SBS drama “The Last Empress,” which Shin Eun Kyung appeared in.

Previously, Lee Ji AhEugene, Shin Sung Rok, and Bong Tae Gyu were revealed to also be in talks for the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1376117wpp/kim-so-yeon-oh-man-seok-and-shin-eun-kyung-in-talks-to-join-new-drama-by-the-last-empress-creators

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/01/09/kim-so-yeon-shin-eun-kyung-and-oh-man-seok-also-join-star-packed-cast-of-sbs-drama-penthouse/

I wonder if Soyeon has more than one drama offer. But I really liked that she has an offer for work at the beginning of the new year. I did not have to wait much for good news.

I can`t wait to know how she will aproach this new role. What hairstyle, outfits she will wear. Preparing for a role is interesting. 

I remember how different it was her role in Secret Mother than what I imagine to be. :D

The heroine from the synopsis is untypical . She is not a nice lady like the majority of heroines in kdramas. I wonder if the woman who wants to enter high society, obsessing about living in the penthouse and becoming a monster along the way will have a good ending. There will be characters worst than her? She will stop in time (with or without help) realizing what she became or it will be too late for her? Many questions. :)

Maybe I am wrong but I think Soyeon will play the woman who turns into a monster. The drama will have an antiheroine as main lead. It is just my feeling. We`ll see. So far Soyeon played diverce character. Even when the drama did not meet high expectations, her characters were good. I trust this time she will have a good role too. Fighting!

I`ve been watching Soyeon`s scenes from an old KBS drama from 1996, named Reporting for Duty. She was a supporting character, appearing only a few minutes in each episode but I like seeing her. She was 16 (almost!) and her partner was Cha In Pyo (29).

Spoiler

They were cute.They met at a military base where her father worked. He was enlisted there. Woo Ji-soo came from America and starts working as an English teacher.  Too bad they made her sick ( a serious illness, leukemia) after episode 14. She died in last episode(18 ep) and we saw that he wake up from a nighmare. We can see that some years have passed. He is older and we see that he became a teacher as well. The drama was about his memories as he served in military, his buddies, the memories of the woman he felt in love and then lost. :tears: I saw few scenes but I understood the main plot, even without subtiltes.

A few gifs

739066fa086a1aa5b134d4b5e6eaa2cca5f47819

7d8fd0ab6cd17823de091c2d3efece206b22613c

837b473fd3bae844d91ed10a4c9bc21a9daea49d

Spoiler

bc11c687da6b671667f1376aedf3cc7189046d40

fa27cd750b4db281ac46c39c2b7b0dfbcf5a8638

39daf095171342ef192c408aed1112a7a8dab9d5

c64d346e0a1229e51629d6f6a8b0671a7a3fb9e9

a79b61aba40c31bbe8e2b25449658dd1802098a0

d14bedfdef131ec3561d478cf51263fca981cb7b

d0a2f22f072beb84492965c0cf79167a5c154c7f

ep 2 How they msaw each other the second time and gave himn a small rock.

773a7f7b0bb8622daf63462cafac2e8b01d0ee43

7fc878747f9c74bb0d46a79ed06ddcd49d775e68

e6eb5dc528ca7478a000c220fb5db2467369b620

421c0612895a09907891c3b017811232cea0cc5b

70f65f7140fd1128904c5da687a6db4d617410f3

a5f906c2958859de413315994caeb89ec9b93d05

3d868bbce78baef7d6bb1f6b686c6487b5f55eec

It was a nice old drama.

I read a little more information about this drama. I thought Soyeon will play the titular role (the woman transforming into a monster gradually) but I was wrong. Eugene will play the main character who will try to enter high society. The story gravitates around her.

After a serious injury to the vocal cords, she lost her dream of singing and now specializes in selling homes for rich people. She was never rich until he met a woman. 
The main character, who received the best real estate information on silent condition in the case of accidental sightings, grabbed the last ticket to Gangnam, interrupted the high society, and chose a completely different life to succeed in both real estate, education, money and knowledge. (Google translate)

It says that it will air on Wednesday and Thursday night. (This timeslot was not doing well on SBS and now it is on hiatus.)

Other source says that it will air Every week, Thursday night, 10:00 ~ 11:10
70 minutes of broadcasting (35 minutes per episode)
18 episodes
Broadcast in August.
Genre Drama, Mystery
One long episode a week? 9 weeks? :phew: If it is a mystery drama that`s good. I like this genre.
It is not clear from where she has the money (saved money?) Google translate never is accurate for me.

I assume the woman she meets is Chun Seo Jin (Kim So yeon). Or more likely, Seo Jin will oppose her to enter the high society, maybe she dislikes her and sees her as competition. :lol:(of couse, this is a common drama clichee and I think this is what we are going to see). Did they set eyes for the same house?

On paper, the main heroine`s character is more interesting. But I can`t wait to read about Soyeon`s character as well. Why she is the villainess (what makes her click), how she is like and what personality she has.

Kim So Yeon had dinner with Cha Ye Ryun, Choi Myung Gil and her husband. NICE! :wub:

Choi Myung Gil and her two on screen "daughters". :D Choi Myung Gil and Cha Ye Ryun are costars in a current drama. 

Soyeon was costar with Cha Ye Ryun in Dr Champ (2010).

2020011602049_0.jpg

From his source

I found out that SBS drama Penthouse will be braodcast in August. Some articles mentioned a summer release.  It is so far away. I am curious if the drama will air once a week and have just 9 (long episodes).

I think Soyeon will accept the role because it is something different from what she played before.

From the short synopsis, character description, the heroine (Eugene) accidentally witnessed a murder, gains some information on the best prime real estate on the condition of silence (about that murder), and thus grabs the last ticket to Gangnam to jump into the highest social circles, choosing to change her life completely in order to succeed at real estate, education, money, and knowledge.

It is also mentioned that she will be rich after encounter a woman. We could assume very well that the killer is a woman and I probably she is the characters played by Soyeon (because she plays the villainess). If the heroine will enter the high society through blackmail, it won`t be easy for her there. They became complices but in the same time, Seo Jin (Kim So yeon) won`t stay with this weakness forever. She will try to eliminate her subtly. That`s what I suspect.

I am still worry that I won`t like the writing but in the same time I am excited to see Soyeon on screen. I can`t wait to read the character description for her character. I hope they will finish the casting and start shooting the drama. It is better if it will be a pre-production drama.