Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

I love that she is having a good time, relaxing, visiting the Zoo for exemple. :) Both So yeon and the deer are adorable.  What do they have in common? Beautiful eyes!:wub:

The game of wishing kdrama roles is going on. :lol:Empress Dignity is out, but maybe the office worker (from Happy if You Died) who hates her misogynistic boss and wishes him dead, would be funny for her to play  or maybe the kickass woman agent who discovers a conspiracy in Designated Survivors. Both are nice. Imagine Soon Jung wanted to kill Kang Min Ho in the early episodes of Falling for Innocence but actually trying to save him despite her feelings. :w00t:  An action role, aka Nikita style woman, would be physically challenging for our Sso but she looks so good in these kind of roles. Sun Hwa was not enough.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bananacad said:

Hi @larus,

how have you been? 

Just popping by to say hi and thank you for keep this page up.  I have so much appreciation for what you do.  Please keep it up. Even when I don’t post I still come here regularly to get news on my favourite actress. 

Thanks, dear! Keep comming! As long as I am comming to Soompi, I will update this page. I hope we`ll have happy news and many project for Soyeon, our favorite actress in the future. :)

More pictures from the golf event

• Like 1

Soyeon uploaded a picture on her Instagram

She is having fun at an amusement park. :P

"Just like a scene from CF" Kim So-yeon, beautiful ride without a fuss/ without disturbance beauty

A happy time of Kim So-yeon was caught.
201809231329301910_1.jpg

Actress Kim So - yeon posted a picture of herself on September 23rd, on a ride, on her Instagram.

Kim So-yeon in the photo is smiling irresistibly even when riding a ridiculous playground equipment. Self-luminous beauty, which can not help blowing the wind, catches the eye.

From the comments of her fans:"I think I am going to have a happy Thanksgiving thanks to my sister," "I am happy to have a happy Thanksgiving with my loved ones," " "" I'm so happy, I'm envious, "" It's like a scene from CF, "" It's like a girl, "and" It's perfect. "

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201809231329301910

Instagram update on September 25th

She is drinking condensed milk coffee. Some fans guessed from the last pictures that she in Vietnam and today, it was confirmed by Soyeon, in  a message on Daum Cafe and DC, that she and Lee Sang Woo went to Vietnam last week. 

I am glad that she went on vacation. She usually goes on a trip after working on a drama. This time she went after her husband finished his drama. Hope they had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

@larus  Good job with all the postings on So Yeon. Thank you for keeping this thread alive. Just came by to say hi. May be going inactive from Soompi again  after I had just finished watching a new drama, Mr Sunshine. First time that I had watched a Kim Eun Seok drama. This one is very good. 

Mini Happy Home reunion. So Yeon and Sang Woo went to support Lee Phil Mo new stage drama together with the PD. Happy to see that they still keep in touch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, charray said:

Mini Happy Home reunion. So Yeon and Sang Woo went to support Lee Phil Mo new stage drama together with the PD. Happy to see that they still keep in touch.

I love to see them together. Just how I wish to see Falling for Innocence team again too. :wub:  I was thinking recently, why I won`t see Happy Home team gathering again. This picture made my day.

5 hours ago, charray said:

Thank you for keeping this thread alive. Just came by to say hi. May be going inactive from Soompi again  after I had just finished watching a new drama, Mr Sunshine. First time that I had watched a Kim Eun Seok drama. This one is very good. 

I am trying. Hope Soyeon will have a project soon.  I watched Kim Eun Seok drama also. It was her forth drama for me but still she is not my favorite writer.  I managed to finished her drama without forcing myself to finish the episodes like her last two dramas I have seen. I think it is her best drama. 2: 2 till now. Let see how is going to be the next one for me. Watching the early 19th century set up, I thought of Soyeon`s movie Gabi. I wish there are more dramas from that era. Soyeon is suited to play in one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, larus said:

I am trying. Hope Soyeon will have a project soon.  I watched Kim Eun Seok drama also. It was her forth drama for me but still she is not my favorite writer.  I managed to finished her drama without forcing myself to finish the episodes like her last two dramas I have seen. I think it is her best drama. 2: 2 till now. Let see how is going to be the next one for me. Watching the early 19th century set up, I thought of Soyeon`s movie Gabi. I wish there are more dramas from that era. Soyeon is suited to play in one.

Did not know you were watching as I did not see you participating in Mr Sunshine thread.

How did you find the ending? I am upset and disappointed with the ending particularly with Eugene’s death which I thought was unnecessary and could be avoided. I think the writer went for the most impactful and unforgettable ending, particularly with that train scene. 

How did you find Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Ri in their roles? Their casting was controversial due to their age gap and the age of Lee Byung Hun. I think they are well casted and I could not imagine anyone else in their roles. I had some initial misgivings on whether they will have chemistry but it turned out great too.

When they were casting for Mr Sunshine last year, I had hoped that either one of So Yeon or Sang Woo would get casted in second lead roles in the drama. I mean since the lead is Lee Byung Hun,  there is a good chance as it would be age appropriate. Since Kim Eun Seok’s dramas are usually high profile with good ratings and high budget, I felt that this could lead to higher profile, greater exposure and maybe more monetary rewards for even those playing second lead characters.

Sadly, the second lead female role went to Kim Min Jung. I thought our girl could be suitable for the role of hotel owner who inherited the hotel from her Japanese husband. It was a well written good role. And Kim Min Jung went on to give the best performance of her career with the role of Kudo Hina. She was terrific as Kudo Hina. Sigh.....our girl has no luck. I can just imagine our girl in all those pretty dresses and hats.....and Kudo Hina had worn so many dresses, all with different styles.

Based on what I read, I find Korean TV and film industry a pretty tough industry which is also not that lucrative except maybe for the top stars. And it seems doubly hard on those like So Yeon who does not get projects very often. I feel quite sad for her. Sang Woo seems to fare better as he seems to have a continual pipeline of projects so maybe they would still be fine financially. Hope that her new agency could have more success in helping her to get projects. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, charray said:

Did not know you were watching as I did not see you participating in Mr Sunshine thread.

I did not write in the thread at all but I read it sporadically. I saw that you were an active poster in that drama thread.  :)

Usually, I don`t like when they cast a younger actress with an older actor when they could easily choose an age appropriate actress. That is not because of age difference between actors, it is about this industry who discriminate women on look and age. If the diference is written on the script It is alright. I did not have anything against this age difference but I was waiting to see how it will be on screen. I think they played the roles very well.

I wish Soyeon to be lucky to get cast in a high-profile drama but I will be happy if she get good roles in smaller projects as well. I prefer smaller but interesting dramas. I am sad for her too because it seams that she doesn`t have many offeres these days. She already expressed how difficult is for her as an actress the waiting between projects. I am glad that she has Sang Woo and I hope she is happy even without being very active profesionally.

Soyeon at an event, helping a friend to promote her business.

Google translation of the comment

It was so nice and nice to meet you as soon as I opened the 2 o'clock event. ❤ ️ @ sysysy1102 It was so nice to wear it with beautifully styled brown leather long jumper! Thank you very much ❤ ️

1 hour ago, charray said:

So Yeon is having a fan meeting in Nov. 

It is a pleasant surprise. The fan meeting will be in November when she is celebrating her birthday. I am looking forward to see pictures from the event.

Soyeon in 1996 at 16 years old in a beauty magazine.

So young!

tumblr_pcvqhbkemX1sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

Spoiler

source

Miss her to see her in another pictorial.

I won`t say anything about the posibility of another drama. Que sera sera.