F1 racing

Guest mei_yee_chan

Guest The Stone Temple Pilot

You've got to be joking me. You think that 2nd rate Pedro de la Rosa, the dude that hasn't accomplished anything in Formula 1, is better than a rookie that has been the class of the field the entire season?

Lets recap. Hamilton, a rookie, leading the championship in his first season. So the argument, he's got an amazing car. True, but Jacques Villeneuve had a championship winning car in 96' and didn't lead the title race anytime during that season. And he's got such a good car that he's beating his TWO TIME WORLD CHAMPION teammate? I think you should re-evaluate how you watch F1. De La Rosa isn't class, he's a test driver and will only ever be that. Hamilton is world class.

This comes from a hardcore Ferrari/Raikkonen fan btw.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest coreana_ira

Yeah, What I can say that only because Lewis got such an amazing car. You might compare him with JV but what if Lewis got car such crap as MP4-22? I dont think so it wud work as well. Agree of what Kimi said when He was interviewed by Autosport..

Q :For Hamilton the season has started better than for anyone else. Dont you think its incredbile a rookie does so well ?

KR: He's good. He started in an ideal situation, in an ideal year. Had he made his debut in 2006, he would have suffered. He has been driving (testing) a lot on the tyres we use now and hardly did any testing with the Michelins. It doesn happen normally with debutants but McLaren is a first class team and their car is very strong. No, it's not incredible.

Yeah agree that Hamilton is much better than De La Rosa..But saying Hamilton is a world class, its still arguable.

Guest N Dey Say

i watch f1 sometimes when i flip through channels. I was surprised to see a girl driver. you guys like danica patrick?

Guest The Stone Temple Pilot

Sad reality about that is that Danica Patrick doesn't race in F1.

With regards to what Kimi said, I think he's absolutely right. But the only reason why I think Hamilton is World Class is because of what he's done to Alonso.

I don't think that anyone else on the grid (bar Kimi) could get into the same car as Fred Alonso and consistently go faster than him. He's doing it. It's hard to believe, but he is.

For a long time I regarded Alonso second only to Schumacher but, one has to admit, Hamilton is faster than him this season, at least for now.

Guest scarlet'galz

Poor Kimi, He should be on 1st podium of Turkish GP. He was extreemly faster than Massa, arggh. Only bcause He made sm faults in Qualy costed him racing behind the racer who was slower than him. Five races more, hope Kimi will take the lead and sure win the rest. Go Kimi!

• 3 weeks later...

The full statement by the FIA

In an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council was held in Paris on the 12th of September 2007, The following decision was taken:

"The WMSC has stripped Vodafone McLaren Mercedes of all constructors' points in the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championshiop an the team can score no point for the remainder of the season *.

"Furthermore, the team will pay a fine equal to 100 million dollar, less the FOM income lost as a result of the points deduction.

"However, due to the exceptional circumstances in which the FIA gave the team's drivers an immunity in return for providing evidence, there is no penalty in regards to drivers' points **.

"The WMSC will receive a full technical report on the 2008 McLaren car and will take a decision at its December 2007 meeting as to what sanction, if any, will be imposed on the team for the 2008 season."

The full reasons for this decision will be issued on the 14th September 2007.

* Points gained by other teams so far this season will not be affected.

** No McLaren representative will be allowed on the podium should a McLaren driver win in any of the remaining races of the 2007 season.

Guest lavachefolle

fair decision, i think - at least the driver's championship will hold some good value

if you notice the emails between coughlan and the mclaren drivers, only alonso and de la rosa are involved as actively trying to develop and test the cars (braking, rear wing, etc.) - albeit using stolen information. in fact, there is quite a correspondence concerning how to use the new info and compare it to the mclaren system. now perhaps someone w/ more knowledge of mclaren can tell me, to what extent does lewis actually go and contribute to the development of the car?

Guest coreana_ira

Yeah, but a big question mark surrounding my head, for how a team which has been dumped from the championship is still active on track for the driver champs. That's even so ridiculous, a travesty!

Guest au_revior

You've got to be joking me. You think that 2nd rate Pedro de la Rosa, the dude that hasn't accomplished anything in Formula 1, is better than a rookie that has been the class of the field the entire season?

Lets recap. Hamilton, a rookie, leading the championship in his first season. So the argument, he's got an amazing car. True, but Jacques Villeneuve had a championship winning car in 96' and didn't lead the title race anytime during that season. And he's got such a good car that he's beating his TWO TIME WORLD CHAMPION teammate? I think you should re-evaluate how you watch F1. De La Rosa isn't class, he's a test driver and will only ever be that. Hamilton is world class.

This comes from a hardcore Ferrari/Raikkonen fan btw.

i beg to differ the only reason he's so good in mclaren is because he was brought up with the mclaren system and he started almost when he was young so he knows what to expect from the car and also the setup. Alonso was outperform by him because he didnt test with mclaren long enough especially when your former employer(renault) dont release you early enough to test with your new team(mclaren) which is not easy especially each team has different car and performances and they have to relay back their opinion on the car e.g braking, gear shift, traction, balance and etc to their engineers, so is not an easy feat to do especially when you have limited testing(new rules) the last two season when a couple of years ago you can test almost every day of the year but the rules change back them.

Yeah, but a big question mark surrounding my head, for how a team which has been dumped from the championship is still active on track for the driver champs. That's even so ridiculous, a travesty!

well i call it a PR because if mclaren were banned from the constructors and driver championship then the season would be a disaster. But part of it i think was because alonso did present the new evidences to the world council so in return they give him immunity aka you can keep your points and race again. So tough luck i am almost certain that alonso will leave the team end of the year and i know Mr Ron will love to see hamilton win the championship instead of alonso but they must be fair in this or not risked being banned for sure. Anyway i hope hamilton win this year, alonso has been very very cocky this season and i dont like it although he's the better driver this season. And i heard he's going to Ferrari next season with Massa jumping ship elsewhere. Damn another battle looming in Ferrari if that happens Alonso vs Kimi .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coreana_ira

whoaa, only a week more to go to Brazillian GP, I am already thrilled, wow! Three racers is in battle for the hunt of driver championship. I hope Kimi will be crowned as 2007 WC there, hehe :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lavachefolle

Congratulations to Kimi for winning the driver's championship.

Of course, Mcclaren are trying to appeal on grounds of the fuel temperature of the BMWs and Williams for being too cold. If they get disqualified, the mediatastic "boy wonder" might get awarded the championship :rolleyes:

Guest au_revior

Congratulations to Kimi for winning the driver's championship.

Of course, Mcclaren are trying to appeal on grounds of the fuel temperature of the BMWs and Williams for being too cold. If they get disqualified, the mediatastic "boy wonder" might get awarded the championship :rolleyes:

Hate this another championship awarded off the racing track. I think Mclaren should moved on and forget about this thing, Kimi by far have been the better driver in the 2nd half of this year. And i am NOT anti-hamilton he's a great talent but destiny was in his hand especially in the last 2 races. In the Chinese GP he should have taken it easy since he has a bloody healthy lead and all he has to do is to be on points instead he destroy his tires just to be ahead of Kimi who was faster than him. And again in Brazil it was his mistake he should has just let alonso pass and be 4th and keep up with the front runner and let the pits decide the position. I think mclaren make a mistake to have 3 pits with him instead of 2. especially 15 laps with the soft tires. But like i said destiny was in his hand and he blew it. And a point i would like to make is, had alonso been the champ and hamilton was somewhere a point behind him in the standing would mclaren appealed against the decisions if those 3 cars (2 bmw and 1 williams) were breaching the FIA rules. But never the less the rules are the rules. All i can say it was a great last race in a lifetime and i would hate it if it is spoiled by another off the track verdicts. And Hamilton is a young lad, sooner or later he's bound to be a champ only next year he's a driver with a year experience.

Anyway Recap:

Driver & Rookie of the year: Hamilton

Constructor of the year: BMW Sauber

Crash of the year: Kubica in Canada GP click

to watch in 3-D and here in reality. Amazing he survived had a car crash on him when he was sliding through the road, it could be fatal.

Guest coreana_ira

hahaha finally!!! Kimi won Kimi is crowned as 2007 WC, yihaaaaa..McLaren's appeal is just a bloody jokey, duh! The title would be tainted. Anyway Hamilton said he doen't want to win title in appeal. I hope Max or Bernie heard it and let Kimi alone. Kimi is the most deserving champion. In the midst of all ridiculous case this year, He is the only contender who keep the gab shut and stay cool, thats Iceman. B)

the Brazilian GP is indeed a fitting end to an exciting season. Kimi only has 2 senarios to win it(Kimi first place, Alonso 3rd or below, Hamilton 6th or below; Kimi 2nd place, Alonso 4th or below, Hamilton 8th or below) and one of them actually happens!

McLaren's 3 stops strategy for Hamilton totally backfires n his loss compounded a miserable wk for Englishmen after both the soccer n rugby teams lost respectively.

i agree tat Kimi has been the most consistent driver for the 2nd half of the season n he fully deserves to b winner.

congrats to Kimi. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coreana_ira

Alonso finally leave Macca and still he doesnt yet to decide where on earth he'll be next season. Poor him. Been wishing him to keep satying in Macca and beating his silly mate. Its proven Silence is GOLD, sometimes you really need to shut the gab huh..

Guest au_revior

I thought he should have not moved, since he had a year to go in his contract, but mclaren will be relieved cause now all they need is a 'support driver', now i assume that hamilton will be the 1st driver so the next driver will be a 'support driver'. Anyway Mclaren should have decided which of the two fella gonna get the championship in the 1st place, lucky for ferrari massa was 'technically'out of the championship with a quarter of the races to go, hence giving ferrari the flexibility to put raikonnen in the 1st option strategy and also massa as a supporting drivers ( which was crucial in the Brazil GP). Alonso now just have to find a spare car for a year and don't commit to a long contract, i think Red Bull is likely to win but after a year he will leave if he finds other competitives cars, but then again Red Bull is powered by Renault & Ferrari's engines. But he should make a decision fast since next season a lot of new rules will be introduced especially less driver's aid in the car so you need to practices more, and also i heard BMW did the testing since June in order to prepare for the new rules, interesting.I thought he should have not moved, since he had a year to go in his contract, but mclaren will be relieved cause now all they need is a 'support driver', now i assume that hamilton will be the 1st driver so the next driver will be a 'support driver'. Anyway Mclaren should have decided which of the two fella gonna get the championship in the 1st place, lucky for ferrari massa was 'technically'out of the championship with a quarter of the races to go, hence giving ferrari the flexibility to put raikonnen in the 1st option strategy and also massa as a supporting drivers ( which was crucial in the Brazil GP). Alonso now just have to find a spare car for a year and don't commit to a long contract, i think Red Bull is likely to win but after a year he will leave if he finds other competitives cars, but then again Red Bull is powered by Renault & Ferrari's engines. But he should make a decision fast since next season a lot of new rules will be introduced especially less driver's aid in the car so you need to practices more, and also i heard BMW did the testing since June in order to prepare for the new rules, interesting.

Guest coreana_ira

Its saying now, Rosberg will be sitting alongside Hamilton for next season. O'damm1t, McLaren only gonna ruin Nico's career unless Nico wont talk too much, yeah..there is only one iceman on/off-track huh..

Guest au_revior

Its saying now, Rosberg will be sitting alongside Hamilton for next season. O'damm1t, McLaren only gonna ruin Nico's career unless Nico wont talk too much, yeah..there is only one iceman on/off-track huh..

Hmm, im also a fan of nico, he could probably be better than hamilton if he goes to mclaren, anyway i see nico as a future ferrari's driver in the future, unless he screws things up.

Guest scarlet'galz

I think Alonso did show that he is much better than Hamilton a second half of this season, but then we saw He couldn’t demonstrate all his ability due to err…what they said unequal in Macca’s body. I truly remember what Ron said to press in Chinese GP that they didn’t race against Kimi but Alonso, what the h***! Its been revealed that McLaren treats their drivers egual but history tells McLaren has done sorta favouritism to one driver over another one. Hmm Senna-Prost, Kimi-Montoya, and now Hamilton-Alonso. So my conclusion is don’t let Rosberg as Hamilton’s mate unless Nico can stand kinda circumstance not being favoured over his mate. I rather to put Jenson on Macca, two Brits would be cool, and we’ll see how Macca would manage this stuff.

Archived