F1 racing

Guest mei_yee_chan

Guest coreana_ira
Hmm, im also a fan of nico, he could probably be better than hamilton if he goes to mclaren, anyway i see nico as a future ferrari's driver in the future, unless he screws things up.
woopszz Nico will race again for Williams with Nakajima sit along side him, haha, good decision Nico, and I agree with you, Im happy to see Nico will be future Ferrari's driver, It would be cool..

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest au_revior

MClaren, hmmm if Hamilton WAS not a Brit, then Alonso definitely would have won the world title. Simple maths, mclaren= british teams, somethings tells me that Mercedes wanted him more than mclaren for marketing purposes. Anyway i'm kinda shocked now renault is involved in another spy scandal against mclaren, and also ross brawn goes to HONDA. for those who don't know ross brawn was 'the brain' behind schumacher's rise in F1, schumacher was with him almost his entire career until he(schumi) retired.

Guest ChairmanLMAO

Ross Brawn joining Honda, where did you hear that then? Sounds as though they might be able to put up more of a fight next year. Cant wait for the Singapore grand prix, when they race at night!

Mclaren cocked up big time, didnt win a thing lol. Hamilton would be champ by now if they called him in early to change his tires (Shanghai GP). Kimi deserved the title though and I hope Hamilton doest win via court battle...pretty lame victory if they win it that way.

Guest au_revior
Button is happy that they hired him, must have been a really sweet offer from Honda, desperate team just like Toyota. Now the mid and bottom teams are delaying their driver's lineup because of Mr. Alonso. Alonso better be fast to test drive his car, next year would be a cracker all cars will have the same electronic equipments. And yeah Singapore GP will be the most anticipated GP of the year. Smart move by the Singapore's government,

Guest ChairmanLMAO

Button is happy that they hired him, must have been a really sweet offer from Honda, desperate team just like Toyota. Now the mid and bottom teams are delaying their driver's lineup because of Mr. Alonso. Alonso better be fast to test drive his car, next year would be a cracker all cars will have the same electronic equipments. And yeah Singapore GP will be the most anticipated GP of the year. Smart move by the Singapore's government,

wierd..you already knew before the news broke out! Honda might be a force next year! Wonder who Mclaren are going to go for?

Guest coreana_ira

Yay!! Raikkonen retains his title. McLaren's appeal is rejected, lol the appeal was even so ridiculous, so called as Macca's own hypocrites. Poor them, they didnt even win any this year, The final result is pretty representated whos been good or bad, haha xDD

Brawn aint hide his interest on Alonso, so I guess Alonso would move to Honda, He might not sign Renault because of current spy-gate between Macca and Reno. Button could be race for McLaren next season, wow Two Britz in a team would be cool, I'ld like to see how then Ron to manage his upcoming drivers. Well, a driver who would sit along-side Hamilton ermm..I call as the unlucky except the one is Button. Ow cant wait next season though.

Hail the ICEMAN :P

Guest ChairmanLMAO

Yeah Im glad it was rejected..would have been ridiculous if Hamilton won. Button going to Mcclaren? I cant see that myself as he's still with Honda for a few more years...I reckon he will stay for a year to see what Ross can do for the team. Alonso for Honda? now that is interesting.

Guest au_revior

yAH iceman DESERVE to win it. but even if sauber and william were found guilty the most harsh penalty that they can impose was a fine. Even if Hamilton was reclassify to 4th he wouldn't get the points because it's just a symbolic moves. Mclaren said that the court case was purely ' to check the 'fuel rules' '. But ferrari was smart their lawyers said that it was mclaren who said that championship should be decided in the race track during the spygate. i guess that will haunt them now. ALONSO to renault, the chief of renault f1 racing said 60 % alonso will return back and i heard that kovalainen and fischella will not be retained next season for them, anyway 24 hours from now we should know either ALONSO going to renault. not to underestimate ROSS but what the hell ferrari doing not luring him back, it will be interesting what he can do since this season their sister's cars( SUPER aguri) did better than them earlier in the season with modest budget.

nico rosberg WILL be better than hamilton if he goes to mercedes. He was able to stay with the top cars using a bad car. His technical skills way surpass hamilton, who just has all the resources and was brought up by ron dennis right. Except, I don't see nico switching? Williams made it clear they were not going to sell him.

Guest au_revior

nico rosberg WILL be better than hamilton if he goes to mercedes. He was able to stay with the top cars using a bad car. His technical skills way surpass hamilton, who just has all the resources and was brought up by ron dennis right. Except, I don't see nico switching? Williams made it clear they were not going to sell him.

Yeah i do agree with you, with the car he has with William it's amazing he can qualify in the top 8 in qualifying sessions and also able to finished in the points. If he has the same opportunity as Hamilton he should be better than him. And i hope he goes to Ferrari since i am sure Hamilton will remain in Mclaren and hence no 1 driver there for the rest if his career unless he's not winning races.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest on Mon

Fernando Alonso returns to Renault

News taken frm BBC.

----------

Double Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso will return to the Renault team next season.

Renault say the 26-year-old Spaniard, who left McLaren last month after a tempestuous season, has signed a two-year deal.

Renault's former test driver, Brazilian Nelson Piquet Jr, has been promoted to the race team as Alonso's team-mate.

Renault would not confirm the value of the contract, although there are reports Alonso will earn £25.2m.

Alonso is believed to have negotiated number one status with Renault.

Finn Heikki Kovalainen, who had an impressive rookie season with Renault in 2007, is expected to move to either McLaren, where he would partner Lewis Hamilton, or Toyota.

Kovalainen, who is managed by team boss Flavio Briatore, was considered by the team to be good enough to challenge Alonso, and therefore keeping him was not in the interests of a harmonious team.

Alonso said: "This is the team where I grew up as a driver in F1. Now it is time for us to begin a new chapter together.

"I am very excited about working with this great team once more, and confident that together we can move back to the front of the field.

"Renault had a difficult year in 2007, but I know that the team has real strength in depth. I am confident they can produce a fast and competitive car and be back at the top in 2008."

Alonso said he had chosen Renault over the other teams interested in him - which included Red Bull and Toyota - because "of their strong track record".

Briatore added: "We are delighted to be welcoming Fernando back home to the team where he enjoyed his greatest success.

"His abilities as a driver and a team leader are well known, and we look forward to forging another strong partnership.

"What's more, he knows the team well and how we operate; he will feel comfortable straight away in this environment."

Without Alonso, Renault struggled in 2007 because of design flaws in their car and problems adapting to the control tyres that were introduced last season.

They are considered likely to be more competitive in 2008.

Piquet is the son of triple world champion Nelson Piquet, who won titles with Brabham in 1981 and '83 and Williams in '87.

Briatore said: "Nelsinho is one of the most promising young talents in motorsport.

"After his success in [feeder category] GP2, he has spent a year learning the ropes as our test driver and getting to know the team; he is now ready to step up to the next level."

----------

i think the Renault team promise Alonso he will b their main driver; tat to him is one appealing pt. Besides, i dont think the value of the contract is only jus £25.2m, it shld b much more than tis amt... making him the highest paid driver in F1. Alonso is oso quite smart to request a get-out clause in the contract, which enables him to leave after 12 mths if he wishes. jus feel tat he is somehow using Renault as a stepping stone to join bigger teams like Ferrari.

Guest ChairmanLMAO

He was at a bigger team...McClaren! He has gone backwards rejoining his old team only cause he is stubborn and selfish. He hated the fact that Hamilton was centre of attention. I would too (dont forget he was crowned world champion) and then a rookie comes out of no where lol.

Im sure he would still be at McClaren if they gave him no1 status he doesnt want to play second fiddle. So he wont go to Ferrari unless the iceman leaves that is very unlikely!

Guest au_revior

Alonso sneaky fella, make his decision after Renault was left off the hook in the Spy saga with Mclaren. Anyway glad he signed a 2 year contract with Renault because personally i don't wanna see this man driving for Ferrari. So i guess he got his no. 1 status at Renault, anyway it would be interesting to see him compete against his team mate (another rookie), Nelson Piquet Jr.

7654321friend- i doubt he can leave unilaterally after 12 months, coz if that was the case then he would consider other teams that offered 1 year deal for him, the sticking point for Alonso IMO was that he wanted a short-term-contract (1 year) to assist his move to Ferrari eventually and the ability of the teams to challenge for the title, Renault was adamant that Alonso can only drive for them if he signed a long term deal (more than a year) because apparently IMO they want to build a team around him ( just like schumacher and his dream team in Ferrari), i think by doing that IF they are lucky enough to win something, i mean if alonso is certain he can compete to win the driver's title then he will stay indefinitely when them(Renault), because Flavio is not gonna let Alonso drived for Renault as a 'proxy' move to Ferrari, and lastly if Kimi can hold a place in Ferrari beyond 2009 i think Massa will be axed and they will buy out Nico contract's from William, or probably Vettel will slot in there, so is either Massa+ 'unknown' or Kimi + 'unknown" for 2009. So 2008 could be a crucial year for all those driver involved and PLEASE NO ALONSO, it would be a worst case scenario for Ferrari, since he's not a team driver instead he is too individualistic ......

• 1 month later...
Guest angela_bears

before i often watch f1 races and my fav is kimi Raikkonen.

it's been almost a year since i last watched a race.

updates anyone???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ChairmanLMAO

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7225523.stm

Hamilton saddened by racist abuse

What a bunch of small minded Idiots I agree that Spain should be banned from any further sporting events until they learn how to respect everyone as equal regardless of skin colour. Just because Hamilton didn't get on with Alonzo!! so what! they sicken me with their stupidity and racist b/s. I hope Hamilton Kicks richard simmons big time to slap it in thier faces. Punish them don't let them get off easily because people need to learn this is not acceptable behavier.

Why is it that we find someone that is so talented, and such a nice down to earth person, be taunted about his colour. This shows me that these small minded people fear that this lad could dominate the world of motorsport for a long time, and all they can do is try and unsettle him. THIS WONT HAPPEN!!! Lewis has dedicated his life to racing and reaping the rewards GOOD LUCK to him. Finally strong punishment should be given to anyone, body, country or organisation that allows racist taunts of any race. Until we take a no nonsense view this will go on and on.

FIA should BAN SPAIN and make them an example to others if they're serious about getting racism out of sports. check this: chelsea, ashley cole and mourinho get fined 300k for talking to cole whilst he is still an arsenal player. Louis Aragones gets fined 6k by spanish FA for making racist remarks about Thierry to Reyes in training. What does that tell you?

I never supported him due to the hype around him last year but I will root for him all the way this year! I hope he wins the championship this year that would be a great 2 finger to those racist muppets. Go HAMILTON!

What a bunch of small minded Idiots I agree that Spain should be banned from any further sporting events until they learn how to respect everyone as equal regardless of skin colour.

chairmanLMAO, take it easy... your post is really unfair.

there are many people in Spain... they are just a few "small minded idiots".

Spain is a host country for immigration!! the Spanish are really respectful!

ah, and it's AlonSo, not AlonZo.. and Fernando Alonso's a bichampion of the world. don't forget. he has dedicated his life to racing too.

Guest Naiaram

Me parece alucinante que por un grupo minoritario se esté extrapolando a todos los Españoles. Lo cual muestra el poco conocimiento que tenéis sobre España.

Es cómo si dijéramos que en Italia son todos unos mafiosos o en Inglaterra unos Hooligans.

Somos un país muy tolerante. Se demuestra en las diferentes culturas que aquí residen.

Es alucinante que critiques a Alonso y ni siquiera sepas como se escribe. Dice muy poco de ti...

chairmanLMAO You don't know about you speak.

Guest ChairmanLMAO

okay thanks for the bashing guys (my last post was a heat of the moment thing so apologise if you'd thought I aimed it directly at the Spanish ppl).

Right I agree, its a bunch of small minded ppl NOT the MAJORITY just to make it clear (every country has a moron) But tell me why oh why is it that every black sportsman /athlete get abused in Spain i.e..monkey chanting noises and other abuse? This happens regularly in Spain/Italy which I can't get my head around. I mean Eto who plays for Barcelona almost walked out of a game cause he had enough of the chanting and racist abuse. Okay in england you will get some abuse but you WONT hear ANY monkey noises EVER.

Remember the Spanish coach? Aragones, who was filmed using a racist term to describe the Arsenal striker Henry during a Spain training session last year. Now this incident has popped up in F1 which Im quite shocked and it doesnt do your country and the Spanish ppl any favours. These small minded minority are dragging your country down IMO.

Archived