F1 racing

Guest mei_yee_chan

^You attended the Singapore Grand Prix?

Lucky You, the atmosphere must of been amazing being at night and all.

Anyway, my hopes for Kimi to make at least some progress was shattered during the race. This really isn't his season just the couple of wins at the beginning of the season, his been setting fastest laps on a few circuits yet hasn't been up to come out on top.

And, Poor Massa this isn't the first time this season that something's gone awry for him when he was leading.

Congrats. to Alonso though.

I'm hoping Massa will get the Championship.

Looking forward to the Japan race.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha so how was it working behind the scenes and all!!

haha i was at turn 1. mum managed to get tickets. lol

but watching an f1 race when you can only see one part is not very exciting xD

oooh wow cool (:

i love huge sporting events!

yeah!! i was kinda pisst off when i heard abt the pit incident!! yeah and was hoping kimi could get a 3rd placing but alast.

ah well so great that massa didn't blame the pit crew!

did you manage to take pics with the drivers?

now massa will need a one-two finish!!

just one race as long as massa finishes first and hamilton finishes outside then he'll get the lead...

but the last race in brazil will definitely help massa cos home crowd (:

CMON FERRARU+I!

wow! were you in the sky/club suite? but there was a giant screen in front of you right?

Working behind the screens is pretty hectic. You get to meet all kinds of people around the world, includes those that are really snobbish and those who are really nice. i find it funny when the cars were approaching, many people started screaming and running around.

Nope, i only managed to bumped into Mark Webber.i was working at a gate furthest from the start/finish line, and there he was jogging out of my gate. i couldn't recognise him at first, thinking he was an weird spectator and ran after him to give him the re-entry stamp. he looked at me as though i was an oddball. I kept thinking he looked familiar, then took a long time for me to really recognise who he was. hahaha! it was shocking though, because i never expected him to be jogging like an hour or two before the practise session. Did you manage to take pictures with them? :)

YES! Ferrari better take it home! Mclaren may be in the lead now, but anything can happen in the last 3 races. Home crowd advantage for Massa at Brazil. (:

I root for Massa.

I used to watch M. Schumacher, he was a great driver but with Schumacher retired, there isn't a dominant driver anymore.

My favorite F1 video clip...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/37657/formula_1/

That, you don't get to see in today's F1. GIlles Villeneuve was and forever will be one of the best drivers. Even M. Schumacher is no way near him in my books. Awesome video!

Guest renjitehsmex

^WOAHHHHHH YOU GOT TO SEE MARK WEBBER!

I'm rooting for Nakajima Kazuki for the Japan race!! I think he has made tremendous improvement and I really hope he gets some good resultsssssssssssss especially when they're racing in his country ^^ !!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Most exciting end to a F1 Season. Damn Hamilton won the championship, when Massa was so so closed! i was screaming and shouting when Vettel overtook Hamilton, but it all changed when Timo Glock gave away at the very last few seconds! DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!

but nonetheless, great racing throughout. just wished it was Massa who took it all away. sigh. ): and Poor Coulthard. Definitely not the way he wanted to end his racing career either.

Anyway, Congrats to Ferrari on the constructor's championship. i hope Massa comes back stronger in 2009 and we shall see. From the looks of it, i think next year will be a very exciting season.(:

Lots of debate going on as to whether Timo Glock lost out on 5th place due to the dry tires hes using...

or, ahem, allowing Hamilton to pass him at the final stretch...

There are even wild suggestions that Glock is joining McLaren next season lol!

What an end to the race. Plenty of dramas though. When Massa crossed the line, the crowd thought the Ferrari man had won the title.. but what a turn of event.

Guest aeroshaastranger :)

yeah!!

poor massa :(

he even cried there!!

it was soo close!!

and his family was cheering.

yeah i wonder abt the tires thing too. are they gonna investigate?

it's a shame if he gave up that 5th position..

wow and vettel did great (:

yup congrats to ferrari!!

Guest rogue870304

my fave Kimi Raikkonen ^_^

i like McLaren actually. but with drivers like Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso (ex), it make the whole team sucks!!!

and damn Hamilton got the championship title :fury:

my heart ached hearing Felipe Massa's speech...

Guest ChairmanLMAO

Unbelievable, talk about down to the wire. Get in there, congrats Lewis and right at the last bend - you just can't write a better script lol

Both Glock and his team mate Trulli were both on dry tyres on the last lap, they had a similar laptime on the final lap so in the end Toyota were struggling with grip on intermediates while Hamilton and others were on wets. Toyota gambled which didnt pay off.

Feel really sorry for Massa, to lose the championship due to the last bend. But you must admit it was funny to see his family celebrate only to realise Hamilton

pipped him to the title lol.

Hamilton crowned youngest world champion in Formula One history even though he should have won it a year ago. Can't wait for the next season!

• 1 month later...
Guest ChairmanLMAO

Looks as though the world economic crisis is finally starting to hit formula 1. Honda plans to sell the team and I'm sure they're not going to be the last before the new season kicks in. Wonder what Button is thinking right now lol. I've never understood why Ross Brawn left Ferrari for Honda, unless Honda find a buyer, 700 people will be jobless :blink:

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody..

I knew Formula 1 about 10 years ago..

My favourite team will always goes to Scuderia Ferrari..

My favourite driver is Kimi Raikkonen (and will always be)..

Hope he wins 2009 Driver Championship..I feel so sorry for him not winning 2008 Driver Championship..

Why did Hamilton get the Championship? I don't like him and his driving style..

Sometimes he gets so rude while racing..

Kimi Raikkonen is the best driver i've ever known..

Hope you could be the next Michael Schumacher..

Go Raikkonen!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest superdevins

Lewis Hamilton all the way!!! but I wish I can see Takuma Sato race again. It sucked last season that team Super Aguri Honda had to withdrawl.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Chioster

8 of the biggest teams in F1 has pulled out of the 2010 season and is threatening to create their own championship.

hello everyone !!!!

i wasn't aware there is a thread for F1 here at soompi! Wow, great to see fellow F1 fans.

my team will always be scuderia ferrari! and my favorite michael schumacher. currently, i am supporting both kimi and felipe.

hope they do well this weekend at silverstone

Yay!!! Finally..Ferrari is BACK!!!

Massa finished at fourth and Kimi eight..Well, kinda disappointed with Kimi, but not bad..At least, he got 1 point..

Yeah chioster, i heard the news too..Max Mosley should change his decision..

F1 without Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, BMW and other big teams is NOTHING!!!

LONG LIVE FERRARI and RAIKKONEN!!!

Archived