Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

OVERRATED

1) Goong- Okay, besides the point that MBC invested massive fortunes in order to get a gorgeous backdrop (which they achieved beautifully) and a hot male lead along with glossy costumes, the drama was nothing but an original flop. I mean, seriously, I understand that the acting outweighs the appearance by a milefold in any production, but if they want a face that would suit the medieval times of the Korean reign I don't think Yoon EunHye is the answer to it. Her acting was fairly easy, it wasn't very emotional or indepth acting. It was just casual high school drama with a flimsy love triangle flung in along with a few hearty kisses thrown in by Joo JiHoon. Not to mention I found Yoon EunHye quite annoying towards the end of the series.

2) Winter Sonata- What. the. living. schmuck. You cannot get any sappier than this. Long lost love trying to regain the memory of his past memories. They were just dragging and dragging the story plot on like a clothesline. I felt sorry for Park YongHa, because it seemed like his character really loved Choi JiWoo but the ungrateful brute dumped him for her amnesia strucken heartthrob.

3) Stairway to Heaven- I think I have something against Choi JiWoo's productions. Either that or she just picks the most sappiest, most cliche dramas EVER. You have your typical evil girl, the brother who's secretly in love with her, and the protagonist with the anchor necklace that sent a typhoon across South Korea because they thought they could become a step closer with their SangWoo oppa. How much you wanna bet a peddler can mold the same thing in three minutes? I hated Stairway to Heaven, and honestly it was the most cliche drama I have ever encountered in my whole entire life.

4) All In- I didn't like it. Too sexual. And Song HaeGyo annoyed me. I don't know what was the hype about some hot guy gambling in Las Vegas to find his long lost love. Get out of here. Sesame Street provides better entertainment than this garbage.

5) Full House- What. the. eff? Bi + Song HaeGyo does NOT equal HIT drama because of its major leads! That's the most problem with koreans these days. They think if the main leads are popular individuals, then they uppraise the drama to an outrageous level no matter how bad it is.

6) Love Story in Harvard- Worst piece of cow dung I've ever encountered in my life. Enough said.

UNDERRATED

1) Love Letter

2) 건빵 선생 과 별 사탕

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rycekrispies1212

I think GunBbangSunSaengGwa ByulSaTang [biscuit Teacher and Star Candy] was definitely underrated. I really liked that drama but it wasn't very popular.

Perhaps Love Story in Harvard was overrated? I stopped watching it because I didn't like how the drama was progressing, but everyone seemed to go crazy over it.

Guest JenBell

Samsoon was way overrate in my eyes...

Palace was good not great

Underrated...

Resurrection...best KD I have ever seen. Slick, stylish and fast paced...plus it bypassed most of the crap KDs seem to use in almost all there dramas.

My Girl was the most enjoyable series...everything after that has been mediocure at best (excludes JuMong, Hello Mr God). If your new to KD them so of the recent ones would have been great but for people who have seen a few series...boring...I think KD should have a look at Resu and get some tips, you can tell the same story a million times, sometimes the execution can be so good that people just love it regardless...I think thats why My Girl was so good. Green Rose was good but resu just killed it.

OVERRATED

1) Goong- Okay, besides the point that MBC invested massive fortunes in order to get a gorgeous backdrop (which they achieved beautifully) and a hot male lead along with glossy costumes, the drama was nothing but an original flop. I mean, seriously, I understand that the acting outweighs the appearance by a milefold in any production, but if they want a face that would suit the medieval times of the Korean reign I don't think Yoon EunHye is the answer to it. Her acting was fairly easy, it wasn't very emotional or indepth acting. It was just casual high school drama with a flimsy love triangle flung in along with a few hearty kisses thrown in by Joo JiHoon. Not to mention I found Yoon EunHye quite annoying towards the end of the series.

2) Winter Sonata- What. the. living. schmuck. You cannot get any sappier than this. Long lost love trying to regain the memory of his past memories. They were just dragging and dragging the story plot on like a clothesline. I felt sorry for Park YongHa, because it seemed like his character really loved Choi JiWoo but the ungrateful brute dumped him for her amnesia strucken heartthrob.

3) Stairway to Heaven- I think I have something against Choi JiWoo's productions. Either that or she just picks the most sappiest, most cliche dramas EVER. You have your typical evil girl, the brother who's secretly in love with her, and the protagonist with the anchor necklace that sent a typhoon across South Korea because they thought they could become a step closer with their SangWoo oppa. How much you wanna bet a peddler can mold the same thing in three minutes? I hated Stairway to Heaven, and honestly it was the most cliche drama I have ever encountered in my whole entire life.

4) All In- I didn't like it. Too sexual. And Song HaeGyo annoyed me. I don't know what was the hype about some hot guy gambling in Las Vegas to find his long lost love. Get out of here. Sesame Street provides better entertainment than this garbage.

5) Full House- What. the. eff? Bi + Song HaeGyo does NOT equal HIT drama because of its major leads! That's the most problem with koreans these days. They think if the main leads are popular individuals, then they uppraise the drama to an outrageous level no matter how bad it is.

6) Love Story in Harvard- Worst piece of cow dung I've ever encountered in my life. Enough said.

UNDERRATED

1) Love Letter

2) 건빵 선생 과 별 사탕

I enjoyed reading ur comments. they were quite funny, more entertaining than the dramas themselves. but i wanna remind you that Goong is NOT a medieval age Korean drama. it's set in modern times, you'd know if you watched the beginning of the series. it's said that pretend the Korean monarch still exists, and then blah~, you have ur story. and from the manga it's based on, it is suppose to be a teenage chick flick, not anything too deep or historical or moral lessons, just love triangles (sorry, rectangles) that seem to drag on for 24 episodes. if you want anything historical, i wouldn't suggest Korean dramas at all. in my opinion, the closest Koreans ever gotten to historical is Da Jang Geum, and it wasn't even that historical. China makes the best historical dramas, Japan makes the best dramas that reflect human nature or w/e, Korea makes the best love-rectangle/triangle/die of leukemia type dramas. TW dramas, only thing good about them is the awesome OST's and the good looking-faces.

deviated from the topic. sorry.

but yea, i think Spring Walts is underrated, although it went downhill in the 2nd half.

Guest badhairday

Overrated:

Autumn in my heart. This was my first drama and I couldn't take the sappiness, dragginess and the constant apologizing!!

Goong - There wasn't much of a story and the acting was so-so.

Full House - It started out well and got so repetitive and annoying.

Underrated:

We're Dating Now - this drama was so good. Fell in love with So Ji Sup here!

Gumiho - this was such a unique drama. Loved all the action and music.

Guest limecrafted

i think SPRING WALTZ was underrated...

weird... it was such a good drama! in my opinion it's the best season...

if it's the cast, i'd say once you watch it, you'll really get addicted to it... you'll fall in love with the characters... the story didn't drag and it did not have that continuous crying and all...

plus, it had a wonderful ending...

Guest xSHADOW

Overrated:

Full House - the plot was alright....

Underrated:

Summer Scent - lots of things were great about this movie (the OST, setting, actors & storyline)

Guest charlesriver

overrated : im sorry i love you ( i just dnt get the feeling of other viewrs of this drama was writing about, i viewed this because of the write ups and hype but was disappointed , loved SJS acting though)

MNIKSS: its like bridget jones , so what i watched it its like watching bridget jones once again. and i dnt know it is not that good as ive expected it to be.

underrated:

WHIB ( i looovvee this series soo much , i could go on for hours how much love i have but its late here , so simply put , if my house is to caught fire ** knock on wood!! this series will be the one i'll save) cors I dnt have goong and MG yet , if I have the set then , these 3 series will be saved by me.

I was not too surprised by most of the choices in this thread except yours.

By linking WHIB and Goong together....and think MISA overrated, kind of unique!

Personally I found Goong going down hill all the way.

Guest sparklinghugs

agree that

Thank You God --> underrated

Winter Sonata --> WAY overrated

IJUKSA --> it started out good, but in my opinion, it just dragged and was horrible so yeah overrated

Guest aymei

i thought goong was too overrated, it was a good drama to let time pass, but i wasn't really into it as much, there wasn't a lot of drama in it, i guess she gets in trouble a lot, but thats it.

Guest pomeyy.

I thought A Love to Kill and My Name is Kim Samsoon is definitely overrated. I found them to be quite boring. == A Love to Kill took me pretty much... half a year to finish? I never got into it. My Name is Kim Samsoon, I couldn't even finish. Didn't like it.

Guest milk tea!

Overrated:

1. Definately Goong & Stairways to Heaven

2. Autumn Tale

3. Delightful Girl Chunhyang(sp?) (In the beginning it was okay then it started to get frustrating)

4. Full House (I liked it but not to the extent of "OMG THAT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD")

Guest Soothing Melodies

underrated:

sweet 18

overrated:

goong

( i mean it was okay and good but people were really going over board with it) IMO

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

OVERRATED:

1. Love Story in Harvard- very typical and boring, but great chemistry

2. Stairway in Heaven- very cliche and Choi Ji Woo's crying got annoying

3. Winter Sonata- if it wasn't for BYJ, I would've stopped... again, the crying got irritating

4. Which Star Are You From- could not stand the main girl (from MNIKSS); I didn't like her acting and the plot wasn't too interesting, it kinda reminded me of Summer Scent how the girl reminded him of his past lover

UNDERRATED:

1. Delightful Girl Chun-yang- I thought the chemistry between the two leads was amazing and the acting was good; the new cast was very refreshing

2. MISA- one of the best dramas ever

3. A Love to Kill- I thought the plot was very interesting and the two leads definitely had chemistry and were superb actors; too bad the pace was too slow

4. Spring Waltz- the plot was interesting, probably the best out of all the season dramas

Guest etoile

Underated: Alone in Love. seriously wtf was up with the 12% ratings, the acting was amazing, and its probably one of the most realistic korean dramas that ive ever seen. ...which actually isnt saying much because korean dramas aren't realistic... -_-a

Archived