All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. May 9, 2024 Lee Byung Hun was behind Hwang Jung Min by just one vote for the Best Actor category at the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards. (I find it interesting that Hwang Jung Min's character in his winning movie was based on the tyrannical leader who usurped power after the assassination of President Park by the KCIA Director that LBH's character is based on. That's why I specifically needed Kim Gyu Pyung meme for this! 😆) As usual the article about the selection process and ranking after the Baeksang Award ceremony us here. I am sharing an excerpt the above mentioned article describing the process in detail. The actor category, which raises expectations every year, was a competitive battle as usual this year. In particular, the Best Male Actor category, which was referred to as the 'Group of Death' from the moment the candidates were revealed, was the subject of heated debate to the extent that some even said it was 'the most difficult' among all categories in the judging process in recent years. Approximately five rounds of difficult discussions and voting were held, and the final results were not easily reached. After narrowing it down to Hwang Jung-min of 'Seoul Spring', Lee Byung-hun of 'Concrete Utopia', and Choi Min-sik of 'Exhuma', the final battle was between Hwang Jung-min and Lee Byung-hun. The judges supporting Hwang Jung-min and the judges supporting Lee Byung-hun spent a considerable amount of time trying to persuade each other without breaking their respective opinions. The judges who raised their voices for Lee Byung-hun said, "There were many moments where Lee Byung-hun made up for the shortcomings in the scenario with his acting. He is the actor who saved the movie," and "In terms of energy, none of the five actors have anything to talk about. However, Lee Byung-hun created the sense of suspense and thriller with his acting in the movie which could've easily turned anticlimactic." he claimed, and I thought, ‘He’s renewing himself again like this.’ I think no one can beat Lee Byung-hun with acting.” The judges who supported Hwang Jung-min said, "It is a great challenge to choose a real-life person who is so well-known, and we highly value this. It is not an easy decision at all. Because of Hwang Jung-min, the role of Jeon Doo-gwang was created as a new character rather than a real person." “I think the value of the drastic change was great,” “When he burst out laughing in the bathroom, it felt like he was making the audience surrender,” “I daresay he was an exceptional person who moved the audience with his anger, giving a performance that will go down in film history.” “It once again confirmed the viability of not only the character but also actor Hwang Jung-min,” he emphasized. After a sharp confrontation, Hwang Jung-min defeated Lee Byung-hun by only 1 vote in the final judging, winning his first Baeksang trophy 30 years after his debut. ➡️ This is another excerpt from the interview article of Editing Director Han Mi Yeon where she talks about how she had to edit LBH's scene out because his acting was too good it overshadowed his co-stars.😳 "I am deeply when editing a movie touches on a character. During ‘Concrete Utopia’, Lee Byung-hun (Young Tak) was the problem. The humane character should be revealed in many different ways, but Lee Byung-hun acted so well that all the other characters were buried. In particular, Lee Byung-hun's passionate performance of 'Apartment' was so strong that there was great concern that it would become a 'Lee Byung-hun top movie'. After discussion, the scene where Young Tak was haunted by his demons and his inner guilt was emphasized was edited out. Director Han said, “Director Uhm was born in the 1980s , so we were able to persuade him because we got along well with him.” Sources: naver1 naver2 Just me reading these articles.... "he is so good that no one can beat him... and BECAUSE he is too good, he needs to be edited out." Like....
  3. Mentioned by #DoctorSlump in Memory Of Angel in Tokyo Film Talk “It’s a recent work. I can't leave out the story of Doctor Slump, which is currently airing. Have you seen it? ☺️ It is also a work where I reunite with Myung-soo and Park Hyeong-sik, whom I met in The Heirs. There are so many different actors working on a project. However, it seems like it would be extremely difficult to meet an actor I had met before in a new work, and meeting again like this in itself is not easy, but I think it is a very big blessing to be able to work with Park Hyeong-sik again like this. do. Oh, I heard that Hyungsik also had a fan meeting not long ago. I see that there are people nodding their heads, so I guess you’ve been there? 😏 Has anyone been there? 🙋‍♀️ Isn't it so cute? Of course, among other male actors, there are cute people and there are many good-looking people, but personally, I think this character is the cutest among the men I've worked with ㅎㅎㅎ Now that I think about it, among the actors I met as the male lead, he was the first younger man? 😯 You didn't know, right? You didn't think about it, did you guys? So was it cute...? 🤔🤭 But actor Park Hyung-sik really has very bright energy. And I think he's a person with the kind of energy that really makes a lot of people feel good. So, is Hyeong Hyeong an actor who was able to film every moment with a smile even though it was hot and tiring even though we filmed it in a really hot summer? There were a lot of funny scenes in Doctor Slump, right? I think that the chemistry between Ha-neul and Jung-woo, the way they love and the way they become closer, was different from other dramas by revealing the embarrassing parts of each person without hiding them. It was a really enjoyable piece of work. Actually, as I returned to Dr. Slump after a long time, I was a little worried. 'Will I ever be able to act well again?' 'What if my desire for acting and my heart for acting aren't as passionate as they used to be?' Actually, I thought that too. But surprisingly, when I stood in front of the camera, acting became so much fun again, as if it had never been before. So, it was also a work that made me think, ‘Ah, I have no choice but to do this job.’” #MemoryOfAngelinTokyo #박신혜 #ParkShinHye google translate
  4. Posted on: Friday, 10 May 2024) Deng Wei : New Fashion Photos Deng Wei's fashion expression is always stable. The khaki suit and striped shirt are layered, focusing on a casual style, In addition to the outfit, the appearance is also always online.
  5. sll_official_ Updated 꽁냥꽁냥 길거리 데이트~😎 #닥터슬럼프 #DoctorSlump @phs1116 @ssinz7 [Eng] A friendly street date~ 😎 instagram.com/p/C6nYck2KCWS/?igsh=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==…
  6. Today
  7. Congrats Team Subtract! Victory came SO quickly! @joccu @MayanEcho @partyon Sounds like the trend this year to to wear as little clothes as possible? We've gone from tight, revealing clothing to simply no clothing. 494
  8. @setokaonii Thank you for sharing the video and the time-stamp RyoTao, their child and Shinba were seen at the Ultraman gallery a few days ago. It seems like their baby cried when Ultraman carried him/her. :p https://weibo.com/2321169743/5031468168643709
  9. ctto +×÷+×÷+×÷+×÷+ They must have the same team of stylists 🤣 492
  10. Exactly, like Soo Jin said. Na Young inferiority complex is at play. She can't not see her families real heart because her mother is a terrible parent. Her mother clearly doesn't like SJ and will openly usee Soo Jin for everything she is willing to give to her family.
  11. Weren’t the female lead and male leads together in some of their daily drama? I feel like I’m already having flashbacks to the third marriage. Specifically, I’m thinking of evil second female lead and her enabling mother.
  12. @MayanEcho different artists. 494
  13. Nice job. YAY!! TEAM SUB!! France was pretty good. still we have half naked artists!! 498
  14. ctto YAY!!! Win for ➖️ team!
  15. Entertainment Park Shin-hye, what happened to her older brother's photography skills? Satisfied with "I was trained by my new sister" [★SHOT!] OSEN Reporter Kim Na-yeon Published 2024.05.05 12: 13 Actress Park Shin-hye praised her older brother's photography skills. On the 4th, Park Shin-hye uploaded several photos to her social media. The photo shows Park Shin-hye in the midst of her trip to Taiwan. Wearing a blouse and short shorts, he walked down the street as the sun was setting and enjoyed sightseeing. In particular, Park Shin-hye attracted attention by adding a caption along with the photo, "My older brother's photography skills were trained by my step-sister." It was a photo taken by my older brother, who went on a trip with me. In the actual photo, Park Shin-hye showed off her long legs and 8-head-to-body ratio. Park Shin-hye expressed her satisfaction by saying, "Thank you for taking pictures of me." Meanwhile, Park Shin-hye returned to the small screen for the first time in a long time through JTBC's 'Doctor Slump', which ended in March. As for her next work, she has confirmed her appearance in the new SBS drama 'The Judge from Hell' and is currently filming. [Photo] Park Shin-hye’s social media Copyright ⓒ OSEN https://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1112329985 【內文👉 https://istyle.ltn.com.tw/article/30831
  16. @MayanEcho Yeah. i missed the start. 2 @partyon do you know why switzerland is one favorite to win? bc I don´t get it.
  17. Just I have seen a post on Twitter, they already have character posters. Yep, I remember him from One&Only. He impressed me a lot with his acting skills, and he was barely 20 years old then... Not sure. After Jeremy Xu's incident I wonder how much "say" the actors actually have re the matter. I suppose now that may have been looking for a modern drama or for a costume one ,but with a more well-known (A-list) actress.
  18. I am here for this enemies-to-lovers trope ❤️‍🩹🩺 #doctorslump
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..