The HK Music Thread!!

Guest HKS457

What? more Mandarin songs? :blink: Does he hate singing in Cantonese or something?

Khalil was born in hawaii, his dad speaks english only, although his mum is from HK he is not a canto speaker at all. he followed his mum to shanghai and to guangzhou later. then back to hk

so i think he picked it up only when he was in guangzhou and hk.

he can speak it fluently, but maybe he is not comfortable in singing canto?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest evil_barbs

wouldn't the HK music industry be so much better if everyone signed to EEG was CUT and those worthy enough to be signed to another company

I'm pretty sure everybody in EEG can't really sing except for maybe 5 artists

but everyone else is pretty much embarassing to represent HK music, like Twins, Isabella, Deep Ng, Sun Boy'z, Kenny, Yumiko, etc... even Don and Mandy, I like them but they can't really sing either =(

:lol::lol::lol:

i thought i was the only 1 that thought so too.. hahaha

i totally agree wif u~~ everyone from EEG are hopeless except for like eason, joey (only ppl i can think of right now).. but i dont realli like them neiwaiz..

In my opinion, EEG has a fantastic and talented marketing department - if it wasn't for their fine skills, most of EEG's talentless popstars wouldn't be household names. No matter how crap we say EEG are, their artists are still featured on popular music shows and their songs are always up there in the top ten somewhere.

i totally agree wif u~~ everyone from EEG are hopeless except for like eason, joey (only ppl i can think of right now).. but i dont realli like them neiwaiz..

Apparently, Eason's not at EEG anymore - he's with Cinepoly Records.

Guest luluchan

WILLIAM from Sun Boy'z was the New Talent Winner of like 2 yrs ago or something...

i remb he could dance..but when it came to singing..o jeez he was pretty bad~

mm..aiya..dmanit..whos this Khalil person everyone's been talking about...whats his chinese name???

could someone liek PM his title song to me or sumthing???

thx thx!

Guest ichigo_no_powder

WILLIAM from Sun Boy'z was the New Talent Winner of like 2 yrs ago or something...

isn't he from toronto then? or maybe i'm mixing him up with someone else

Guest --Rain--

OMG. I just heard Pong Nam new album and OMG. It was AWESOME!! The beat is totally different from any HK singers. And I think he compose all of them??? But anyway it's VERY good! Proably the best album I heard all year! I totally LOVE this album!! Must buy, I tell yah! xD

]' date='Sep 11 2006, 01:34 AM' post='3711095']

OMG. I just heard Pong Nam new album and OMG. It was AWESOME!! The beat is totally different from any HK singers. And I think he compose all of them??? But anyway it's VERY good! Proably the best album I heard all year! I totally LOVE this album!! Must buy, I tell yah! xD

i have his previous album. "almost happy". (cant find the first one around here)

i've always liked him because he is so wicked! in a good sense of course. he is like the asian ben folds: his melodies are great, lyrics are always meaningful. tinkling pianos on his tracks. and he is such a cynic!

thanks for informing about his new album! just got to his official website to check out the lyrics. looks good so far. cant wait to hear it! (and the things he wrote for some singers are really good as well)

Guest luluchan

Khalil Fong ---> 方大同

Album: Soul Boy

I can't find his wiki

Khalil might not be good looking, but he does have the talent

ahh now that u mentioned his chinese name..i know who he is..hehe

thx for the info~

i actually found one of his song in my Mp3 folder..heheh

William..if i dint remember wrong...no..he wasn't form toronto...he was from HK i think...

Don't really like anyone in EEG to be honest, well only about a handful of artists, such as Deep.....a few Nic Tse songs....Eason was good but now he's left, Joey is an ok singer but i don't like her songs...that's about it :lol: SM kinda reminds me of EEG except SM does a bit more training whereas EEG has no training (well it doesn't look/sound like it :P )

Shame about the Juno thing i actually quite like his songs and he's an ok singer. Edison can't sing i don't like his songs.

I listen to more Mando recently than canto since canto music is very dissapointing. =_= The only breakthrough is probably Justin Lo and Janice but Janice's voice is nice but not great either. I only liked the older songs like during the days when Grasshopper were still around and Jacky Cheung, Leon Lai, Kelly Chen, Sammi Cheng, Hacken Lee.

Nowadays i listen to Lee Hom, Jay Chou, NQMM, JJ Lin and F.I.R. All mando :sweatingbullets:

Guest Justalilodreamer

Hins should soooooooo go to EEG, he is waaayyy too underrated and i bet his voice would pwnz other EEG-ers.

As for my favorite song right now 雪割花 - 蔣雅文

(HAHA i dont know which part says Mandy Chiang since i cant read chinese ><) Hehe im totally inlove with this song and of course, Don & Mandy's new album...ehh or maybe im just a big fan haha

Sun Boy'z- Hey You is okay, to me Denise is really left out in the video. Seem like Steven and William gets most of the part in the video ...hmm something about William annoys me, i mean he can dance but he seems like the 'show-off' and 'i need alot of attention' kind...not that im assuming he is. O__O

FIR is freakin amazing... although they're not HK (haha off-topic) but seriously, the lead singer's voice is amazing. She can go soo high with such ease.

Anyone heard Fiona's Electric Angel song called 'Dear Fiona'? Its the same as Yui's (japanese) Tomorrows Way -_- i think the japanese version is much better.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

Anyone heard Fiona's Electric Angel song called 'Dear Fiona'? Its the same as Yui's (japanese) Tomorrows Way i think the japanese version is much better

lol I knew she was resinging someone else's song but I couldn't figure out who's. That song is just so not HK, and certainly not fiona style that.

I'm listening to the original right now and maybe it's because I heard fiona's version first so I may be bias but i perfer fi's version over yui's. I like yui's chorus but that's it. overall fi's sounds better.

• 2 months later...

Any big Hacken Lee fans here?

I'm trying to track down this one song, but not sure if it's out in albums yet~ I've seen him perform this song on TV, but he says it's his new song.. but then again, not sure "how new" it is because chinese shows aired on TV in Canada is kind of behind.. -__-

It's a cantonese slow ballad, but the only phrases I remember are bits of the chorus that go..:

"nan do nei" ... [difficult for you]

something....

near end of chorus...:

"but fun hoi" [don't seperate]

erm yeah that's all I remember.. :P If anyone lives in Canada and watched the music special tonight on fairchild, Hacken sang this song, and announced it was new.

Archived