The HK Music Thread!!

Guest HKS457

Guest heartdrops

Tong But Lut is such a good good good song. No wonder why it's good since Khalil wrote it. I wonder when Khalil will release another album.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a listen to Khalil's alum and it's pretty fresh and pretty cool - one gripe though, the whole thing is in mandarin and i don't understand it, otherwise, it's all cool....i really hope he releases a canto album...

Right now, i got Leo Ku's new album sitting on my computer - will start listening when i finished typing this post...and will check out that Fiona song too...

i reckon HK music is slowly starting to head for the upswing...it seems like there are a lot of emergeing HK singers which are talent > looks....

before i only had k-pop and some j-pop on my mp3, now it's all hk-pop sprinkled with some FIR, NQMM, Jay Chou and Lee Hom.

Edison chen <3

4YRS+ FAN. LOVE HIM.

Justin Lo is an awesome singer. Heard him sing on stage, along with alex, wilfred & stephy tang (:

Guest heartdrops

Strangely, I've been hearing fantastic reviews in HK forums. The only songs I like so far are his 2 plugs, the duet version of his 2nd plug, and track 5.

I've seen pretty good reviews on Chinese forums to. I think it's because his songs are about human life since his album is titled Human.. so I guess his songs are meaningful. Now I just have to read the lyrics and see.

Guest luluchan

i really dont wanna be mean...

mmm but SUN BOY'Z ..their songs are really errrr....childish...yeah not a bad word..

its so like..mmm...low quality...

i guess the only kind of catchy song is TIC TAC TOE...the others are like..omg

then their slow songs..ermm...okay la...nothing special..sounds flat to me...doesn't require much skills to sing

and i remb them having a mandarin track too right??

no comment on that...mmm

Leo Ku- 愛得太遲(feat. Vivian Chow) is okay..i like vivian chow..she's so pretty..hahaha

i don't like Joey and Xiao Zhu's collab 飆汗...mm yeah~..i never really liked joey fast songs though...and its in mandarin

arghh im from hong kong...but im so out dated with hk songs..aiya..gotte get updated with them somehow...cuz i went sing karaoke..and like..all the songs under "new songs"..i didn't know any...-_-

i kept singing te rather old songs..lol

^omg, i totally agree!!

i saw them performing on tv today and i was thinking how much i miss the old boy'z. i think their songs are rather immature now. and its funny how william gets so much attention; im guessing he has 'backstage support'? i heard he's rich or something. ahhahaha

and oh, i really can't stand vincy. no offence to anyone, but i think shes so urghhhhhh -____- sometimes she doesnt sing the last word properly O___O

listened to some of Vincy's stuff and i gotta agree with shinhwaholic....just wnother EEG singer, in my opinion...and one of her perfs on JSG was really bad too - similar to standard to Jill...

it seems like a lot of HK singers these days were rich to start with, or rich and had connections....

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

^i agree...a lot of them i think WERE rich or had connections (or both)

i dun really like vincy either...a lot of ppl say that she's a great singer and stuff...but i just...>.<

i think she is an okay singer. but i just dont like her.

lets do a count of all the rich kids!

edison

nic

charlene

yumiko

eason

justin

fiona

... ...

^Jaycee Fong

Ella Koon - i heard she was rich

Raymond Lam - okay, he's a TVB actor, but he sings

Karen Mok (?)

Kary Ng

that's all i can think of so far

Guest ichigo_no_powder

^ karen mok's family is definitely rich. In my opinion, that's the only reason why she's in the entertainment industry to begin with, I can't stand her.

can't think of any other rich kids

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

i cant stand a lot of the rich kids either...especially juno...didnt his dad try to like pay some radio station so he would get an award or something? i dun remember...>.<

had a listen to Khalil's alum and it's pretty fresh and pretty cool - one gripe though, the whole thing is in mandarin and i don't understand it, otherwise, it's all cool....i really hope he releases a canto album...

bad news. i think his next album will have lots of mandarin song, if not all.

^ karen mok's family is definitely rich. In my opinion, that's the only reason why she's in the entertainment industry to begin with, I can't stand her.

she definitely started out because of her background, but she can sing! i really enjoy her mando songs, but she does not have many canto songs. she is really popular in taiwan.

i cant stand a lot of the rich kids either...especially juno...didnt his dad try to like pay some radio station so he would get an award or something? i dun remember...>.<

I'm guilty of enjoying some of his songs. like his new track 'devils' road'. and this 'bomber man' song. they're quite funky.

wouldn't the HK music industry be so much better if everyone signed to EEG was CUT and those worthy enough to be signed to another company

I'm pretty sure everybody in EEG can't really sing except for maybe 5 artists

but everyone else is pretty much embarassing to represent HK music, like Twins, Isabella, Deep Ng, Sun Boy'z, Kenny, Yumiko, etc... even Don and Mandy, I like them but they can't really sing either =(

Guest rain_sadtango

i can't believe a lot of u guys don't like vincy, she's awesomee!!!

she's got the greatest voice, have u heard her sing live??? its so pretty and clear, she definately sings better than 90% of EEG artists.

...and no tryhard stuff like jill >.<

Guest heartdrops

bad news. i think his next album will have lots of mandarin song, if not all.

What? more Mandarin songs? :blink: Does he hate singing in Cantonese or something?

Archived