The HK Music Thread!!

Guest HKS457

Guest lovejoo

anyone listened to hin's new album?

haha they were talking about it on 903 yesterday :D

it sounds good

--

@kkkkk : uhm. joey was a tvb actress turned singer.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest heartdrops

^ She was? I thought she did like those singing contests, was unsucessful, and then followed Roman Tam. Then she starred in movies and series.

Maybe I'm wrong ;x

@swimgrl918: No.

@heartmonster: Yes.

She joined many competitions and got signed by many companies, but it was right after the 1997 Asian financial crisis, so those companies all closed down. Then she went back to work as a normal person, whilst learning singing from Roman, soon she got signed by EEG.

Guest Justalilodreamer

^ yeah i like the first track too. its different ^_^

anyone heard Ivan Wang's version of Precious by Yuna Ito?? :crazy::crazy:

Im a pretty big fan of Yuna so every time i listen to Ivan Wang's version (which my cousins are crazy about) i keep thinking "UGH HE TOTALLY RUINED THE SONG!!"

Comparing his vocals to yuna's *sigh* he has got a long way to go

And its a bit unfair how he's gaining popularity because of his horrid version of yuna's cover

AMAZING how TWINS can make ZERO singing improvement for the past SIX yrs.. they should get an award for that ~~ i mean.. i would expect SOMEthing BETTER than when they are 18~~ hmm btu hmmm they are STILL acting like they are 18 and hmmm i guess that's not considered gross in hk

but then again.. this is my OWN opinion and im NO WHERE nEAR a CANTO POP hater cuz i GREW UP and STILL live arond canto pop~~~

AHAHA i totally agree with you. Its pretty unbelievable that within all these years their singing is the still the same (their childish music style is still the same too) they REALLY need to change

Honestly, i always wonder how the heck EEG sign people. like what do they REALLY look for? cause im sure as heck its not talent :lol: it makes me wonder... "ARE THERE SERIOUSLY NOBODY IN HONG KONG THAT CAN SING NOWADAYS?!"

Guest witchyangelkk

AHAHA i totally agree with you. Its pretty unbelievable that within all these years their singing is the still the same (their childish music style is still the same too) they REALLY need to change

Honestly, i always wonder how the heck EEG sign people. like what do they REALLY look for? cause im sure as heck its not talent :lol: it makes me wonder... "ARE THERE SERIOUSLY NOBODY IN HONG KONG THAT CAN SIGN NOWADAYS?!"

Really? Although im not a fan of twins... I think their style has changed since they first started...

Its more just soft pop and ballads.... not many SUPER BUBBLEGUMMY popsongs anylonger...

Hmm... i dont really like EEG's new signings, yet i think they're a lot better than most of EEGs current stars =P (namely looking at Yumiko and Isabella)

How is Yumiko still a singer really really puzzles me...

Im not a fan of Sherman (鍾舒漫), but i dont think Ken (洪卓立) is that bad =P

I cant believe that Sherman beat Vincy in the 2005 EEG singing competition ...

- Haiki

Guest Rainie_Days

^ Sherman and Vincy were in the same competition? Wow. Sherman is okay at singing, she's got a different voice.

But I was wondering...is Sherman mixed? She's just weird looking cos she doesn't look Chinese to me, lol...basically she's one of those people where you can't guess what her race is >.< but she is probably Chinese, just really dark? Heh..still.

I think Ken Hung is pretty good for a singer, love his song "Love, No Courage"...definitely a different song compared to the normal hk music. My cousins already seen him in real life and said he's not that good looking, though he is quite cute, and yeah, he's pretty photogenic too.

On a totally unrelated note, my sister saw both Sherman and Yumiko recently.

Sherman was acting very stuck-up inside a store while shopping. And her boots were very ugly.

Yumiko was having lunch with some friends. She looks nice. And she seemed like a nice person too. Yay.

Guest witchyangelkk

^ Sherman and Vincy were in the same competition? Wow. Sherman is okay at singing, she's got a different voice.

But I was wondering...is Sherman mixed? She's just weird looking cos she doesn't look Chinese to me, lol...basically she's one of those people where you can't guess what her race is >.< but she is probably Chinese, just really dark? Heh..still.

I think Ken Hung is pretty good for a singer, love his song "Love, No Courage"...definitely a different song compared to the normal hk music. My cousins already seen him in real life and said he's not that good looking, though he is quite cute, and yeah, he's pretty photogenic too.

I think Sherman is fully chinese... she just tans herself... =P

I was youtubing her singing competions... and she was still quite palish then...

She was brought up in the US i think...

Ken Hung is cute but everytime i see him on tv... he looks sooo sickly (well.. its rare to see guys being super pale)

- HaiKi

Yay for hk music~woo-didn't think I find it,luckily clicked pg 2

My fav artist of all time gotsta be Miriam Yeung~~Although I feels lik an unloyal fan,,,haven't updated on what she up to... -_-

Anyhoo skip dat, I hacken lee is great too...has anybody seen the promotional song/MV for Beijing 2008 it's called i think "We are ready" the hk singers were hacken lee of course, alan tam,eason chan and gigi(wonder how a canto version would sound).

haven't listerned to canto songs in ages...does anyone know any popular songs these days,recommendations for miriam songs would be great too ^_^

Guest megaSTEPxo

anyone listened to hin's new album?

haha they were talking about it on 903 yesterday :D

it sounds good

Yeah, I heard his album and I like it too..

but my faves are: 'Hou Oi' and 'My Sky' ^^

I can't stop listening to both heh~

When I first 'Hou Oi' on the radio, I thought it was by E02 lol

coz I never thought Hins would be good at fast songs too.

• 2 months later...

ah yeh! i rly like hins's new album. first track is rly catchy!! =)

anyone heard Ivan Wang's version of Precious by Yuna Ito?? crazy.gif crazy.gif

Im a pretty big fan of Yuna so every time i listen to Ivan Wang's version (which my cousins are crazy about) i keep thinking "UGH HE TOTALLY RUINED THE SONG!!"

Comparing his vocals to yuna's *sigh* he has got a long way to go

And its a bit unfair how he's gaining popularity because of his horrid version of yuna's cover

omg i love that song tho! ==

but yeh...i dun listen to jpop..so hvnt heard yuna's version...thus the song sounds good to me ><;;

besides ivan, anyone listen to PONGNAN? i swear. this guy is great. and he's so damn underrated..

his lyrics are so meaningful. so rare in hk nowadays

and anyone listened to Don Li's new album? i thought it was pretty ok! ^^

• 1 month later...

haha..it's true how after 6 years..twins' singing talents haven't shown that much of an improvment =S...that's kinda sad...

i dun think sherman is that bad..i really like 好好擁抱~

i agree..ken is super pale O___o but he's pretty..haha

whoah this thread sorta died. so wats new in the HK scene? i don't really follow it much.

1) Eason Chan's album is totally winning the album of the year award at 903 because the DJ just can't stop plugging it for him. Which i think is a pity for Denise Ho because her album (to me) is much better.

2) Kay Tse recently released her best of album, which includes the very nice track 'chung mo yim'.

I don't follow the scene very closely these days. But at least the current batch of newbies seems much better than the ones 3 years ago.

Guest surfinsushi

I listen to J, K, T and TW-Pop/Mandopop, but I'm interested in Cantopop. Can someone recommend me some good artists, but not Andy Lau or the Twins. loool

Guest moochuchuu

my favorite's ronald cheng. not only because of his songs and stuff, his humor!

ROFL:D he's HILARIOUS! LOVED HIM IN BEAUTIFUL COOKING!

i like janice and alex fong.

Guest seeseeii

I listen to:

Joey Yung

Kary Ng

Stephy Tang

Janice Vidal

Jade Kwan

miriam

But I don't really listen to HK stuff much anymore... I think it got kinda boring >.> X.X

Archived