[drama 2007] Winter Bird 겨울새

Guest Soy

^ I played the game again after failing for just finding one item and I also found 3 items....I wonder what will happen if we get to see 5 items...happy ending? ^ ^ and the game was enjoyable and yeah a light hearted change for all those heavy scenes of the drama...the pic was funny too...Kyung-woo dressed as mz. Kang tee heee...

Knuts...thanks for the wonderful screencaps

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference in pictures from top to bottom:

1. On the top of the hair in the back there is a extra curl

2. The right eye double eyelid is removed

3. The finger closest to the glasses has shorter nail.

4. The end of phone receiver has 3 gold rings instead of 2 <-- this is the

one that hid from me!

5. Below the phone receiver on the front of the dress there are 2 extra white

dots.

Considering Ms. Kang has multiply personalities EH should be cautious and

listen to her mother...... "Don't Take Candy From Strangers!" ;)

Difference in pictures from top to bottom:

1. On the top of the hair in the back there is a extra curl

2. The right eye double eyelid is removed

3. The finger closest to the glasses has shorter nail.

4. The end of phone receiver has 3 gold rings instead of 2 <-- this is the

one that hid from me!

5. Below the phone receiver on the front of the dress there are 2 extra white

dots.

Considering Ms. Kang has multiply personalities EH should be cautious and

listen to her mother...... "Don't Take Candy From Strangers!" ;)

thanks for those clues...yeah some were really hard to see at first sight...and that was scary...you're right...be careful with "strangers"

some things I need to ask during Episode 14...

why did Mrs. Jeong started to become suspicious about Mz. Kang after talking to her on the phone? this was during the mid part I think when YE called her..or was it just me???

why did the maid got mad over Mz. Kang?

anyway Minhee is really ##$$%%%***....I really dunno why she keeps dwelling on her brother's welfare she meets YE to tell her I think to stop bothering DH since he is getting married soon to Jinah...then YE decided to meet DH to tell him that he wants him to be happy...that's what I think of it since I'm watching this raw...but YE was crying in the car after meeting him... think she really loved him...

^ Wish I could, Mic but I'm already a bit :wacko: with the ones I have. :blush: Really hope someone would start one for Winter Bird.. I was ready to jump & join when you reserved WB earlier. :D Guess that we're already stretching ourselves too thin, huh.

Anyone.. any takers.. :rolleyes:

Winter Bird is really moving up.. slow but surely and rooting for DH & YE all the way! :lol:

Guest dramaok

^ Wish I could, Mic but I'm already a bit :wacko: with the ones I have. :blush: Really hope someone would start one for Winter Bird.. I was ready to jump & join when you reserved WB earlier. :D Guess that we're already stretching ourselves too thin, huh.

Anyone.. any takers.. :rolleyes:

Winter Bird is really moving up.. slow but surely and rooting for DH & YE all the way! :lol:

darn you're so busy too.. ya i got my hands full.. plus i'm working on another major soompi project.

i don't know how i'll keep up with the 3 fanclubs i've started as is.. so i'm gonna have to pass on Winter Bird or else i won't sleep at all.

koala!!!????

knuts!!!???

Guest dramaok

Winter Bird (Ep. 14):

Between The Nets

rudnftoe14kor071103hdtvkp7.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvjo1.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvvh7.jpg

YE awakes and finds KW there, and KW asks her again to trust him just once, and KW begins to tear up as he talks about his childhood how unimaginable it was, that his mother would refuse to even drink water for days if he upset her, and when he got sick and tired of it he left home for a week, but he read in the newspaper that his mom ate pills and so he gave up after that incident to fight her. YE sees KW bawling but she tells him he's now an adult, and being filial is different from being under a mother's control, which is not love for child, to which KW agrees and vows he will change from. KW then says if she left then he would be destroyed forever and he'd disappear. YE feels weak-hearted and forgives him and tells him to sleep upstairs in their room from now on. Later, YE and KW are about to go over to see the Jeong's, and Mz. Kang sends them off but comments YE needs to dress better to the Jeong's and Mz. Kang goes into her room and grabs an expensive designer purse to give to YE, and urges YE to go up and change, and to put on fancy makeup to look good for the Jeong's. In the car, KW asks YE if she likes the purse and brags to YE about how great his mommy is but he quickly changes it to mom, and YE says she's worried that his mom might change again, but KW says that won't happen and YE should just trust him. They arrive at the Jeong's just as DH is on his way out, and DH treats KW coldly and after DH leaves, KW yells after him and tells YE DH must be angry cuz he didn't agree to his invitation previously at the hospital, but YE dismisses it. The two go inside, and Mr. Jeong asks to see KW alone. KW tells Mr. Jeong thanks to the baby everything's resolved and everything will be fine now, but Mr. Jeong says if Mz. Kang is still after money as goal then they should just quit now, but KW assures him it's not so and that was a mistake before.

rudnftoe14kor071103hdtvdb7.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvue2.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvze0.jpg

Meanwhile, YE is in the living room with Mrs. Jeong who is happy about YE's decision to stay in the marriage, and when MH and aunt ES join them, MH notices YE's new purse and comments it looks new and genuine, but when aunt ES asks YE about it and finds out YE only got it right before she came here, aunt ES is about to say something negative, but Mrs. Jeong stops her. Just then Mr. Jeong and KW come in and Mr. Jeong asks to speak to YE alone in the study. Mr. Jeong first tells YE it is his policy to give his workers a final chance always, but in treating YE's matter the same way, he has not been at ease with it, and asks YE to tell him honestly what it is that she wishes to do without worrying about what others think, and YE replies Mz. Kang has changed she even fetches water for her, and says if there's something she wants to eat she'll get it even if she has to fly on an airplane for it, and YE says she wants to try one more time in order not to regret. Mr. Jeong says people don't change easily, and YE says for the sake of her child she must try one more time, and Mr. Jeong doesn't argue anymore. At family lunch, Mrs. Jeong notices YE is eating better and asks YE if she wants to live here until her appetite is better, and Mr. Jeong comments that's a good idea, but YE declines.

rudnftoe14kor071103hdtvri2.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvos8.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvrf9.jpg

DH is out on another date with JA, and this time JA picked the theme park, and after their date, JA says today she didn't feel lonely with him, and JA confesses to DH she loves him, but DH has no reaction to it, and JA rushes off jokingly saying he's making her embarrassed but she appears worried by DH's response when she's alone. KW and YE leave the Jeong's and spend some time at a park, where YE asks KW to promise her, from now he will always discuss everything with her, instead of his mom, as the head of their household, and KW says okay and he'll try hard and if he doesn't do it right then she should point things out. YE then suddenly reveals she's worried about his mom's sudden and drastic change of attitude, wondering if it's something else besides the baby, and KW is startled by it but quickly says not to worry there's no such thing. After parting with JA, KW goes to the bar drinking alone, as he thinks about the past with YE and makes some decision. Meanwhile, Mrs. Jeong gets a call from JA's mom and finds out about DH and JA's date, and Mrs. Jeong is happy by it and rushes to tell Mr. Jeong about it, but Mr. Jeong figures out Mrs. Jeong must have given Mz. Kang some money to render such a drastic change in her, and Mr. Jeong scolds her saying it will not be the end, but Mrs. Jeong says YE has to give birth anyway so it's worth trying and promises him if KW and his mom change again then she'll be the first one to bring YE home. Just then DH comes home and talks to his parents, to tell them he will go work abroad for a while, but Mrs. Jeong panics and asks about JA, and DH says he doesn't want to marry JA at all. Mr. Jeong says DH needn't run away just to avoid JA, and promises he will let DH choose his own marriage partner, but in exchange DH is to stay and to forget about YE like a true man should, and also for YE's sake.

rudnftoe14kor071103hdtvei3.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvjm5.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvkl0.jpg

That night, YE and KW talk in bed and YE says she just wants to raise a family of her own without troubling others, and Mz. Kang eavesdrops from outside and smiles at their reconciliation. Next day, YE helps out kitchen chores voluntarily by cutting the seaweed, but Mz. Kang sees it and yells at Mrs. Choi for letting YE work, and Mrs. Choi gets upset and complains to Mr. Choi in the yard. YE goes upstairs and calls her friend HJ to meet by HJ says she's busy tonight, and afterwards, HJ catches her brother with YR again and HJ gets upset again and argues about it, but YR says it's their privacy and they never deceased her at all, and HJ is speechless, having met her match. YR also reveals she plans to marry HJ's brother and they will have 2 kids together. Meanwhile, DH keeps himself busy with work, and his parents take a trip to Jeju island together. Mr. Jeong asks Mrs. Jeong about YE and she replies fine, but asks him instead about what to do with DH, and Mr. Jeong says she should leave DH alone or else she's no differnt from Mz. Kang, and Mrs. Jeong is upset by it, but Mr. Jeong says they have to let go of control in their children's lives, and Mr. Jeong feels the two of them have not treated YE the same as they would their own, and he is no different from her... while she actively tried to get rid of YE, he did nothing and allowed things to happen passively so they are both equally quilty. Mr. Jeong says he doesn't want to torment DH anymore and Mrs. Jeong reluctantly agrees with him.

rudnftoe14kor071103hdtvqn3.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvsn4.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvqe2.jpg

At home, aunt ES tells DH he should hurry and marry cuz he looks like a zombie, and DH laughs but says he still can't forgive himself. ES says it is better for him to fill the void in his heart with a new person then to linger over a void that cannot be filled by one who has already left, and that is how everyone lives in life. After talking with her, DH goes in thinking mode again and opens the door to YE's old room just to see it once. Mz. Kang takes YE out on a shopping spree to buy fancy maternity clothes, and the two then go out for a meal. Mz. Kang keeps on feeding YE, and says she wants to give YE everything she wants. Mz. Kang then asks YE how often she calls the Jeong's, and tells YE she should call them very often. Afterwards, Mz. Kang brings YE to the construction site where KW's new clinic where be, and Mz. Kang gets into a catfight with a cleaning women who didn't clean to Kang's standard. Then at home, Mz. Kang hands the phone over to YE and tells her to call the Jeong's, and YE says hi to Mrs. Jeong, and Mz. Kang then takes over and goes on and on to brag about buying YE new maternity clothes, and about the construction of KW's new office, and Mz. Kang says it's all thanks to Mrs. Jeong, but seeing YE there, Mz. Kang fixes her speech and says Mrs. Jeong's heart is great help to them, but of course it would be even greater if Mrs. Jeong's heart was followed with some money as well, and Mz. Kang then giggles and says she's just joking, but after they talk, Mrs. Jeong sighs realizing that Mz. Kang is still after more money. When KW returns home that night, KW is playful with YE and asks for kiss, and Mz. Kang eavesdrop again from outside the door and looks upset that KW is so playful with YE. Mz. Kang then goes downstairs and wakes up Mrs. Choi to scold her about the smelly hand towel, and Mrs. Choi who has been drinking starts shouting at Mz. Kang instead, and Mz. Kang gets startled by it, and soon the two women start cursing at each other. KW and Mr. Choi arrive to calm the two women, while YE watches the chaos in silence. Next day Mrs. Choi brings a stack of clean handtowels to Mz. Kang and apologizes saying she was drunk and Mz. Kang forgives but warns she won't sit through another episode like that.

rudnftoe14kor071103hdtvae7.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtveu6.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvjf1.jpg

Meanwhile, Mz. Kang pesters DH about marrying JA, and when DH reminds her Mr. Jeong already said marriage is up to him to decide, Mrs. Jeong says Mr. Jeong certainly didn't mean it, and DH should think of their family, especially his father who is getting old, and when DH asks if it's because of JA's family being wealthy Mrs. Jeong admits it's half-true saying marriage is about 2 families that are suitable for each other. DH gets disgusted and says if she insists then he'll do what she wants since it doesn't matter anymore who he marries now, and Mrs. Jeong takes the opportunity to say in that case DH and JA should get married after setting a date around next month. Mrs. Jeong says JA is a good girl and leaves, and DH throws his jacket across the bed in frustration. MH goes to see YE and tells her not to act like a pitiful thing anymore so DH can finally marry. YE says fine but tells MH not to accuse her of acting pitiful anymore since that's very hurtful to her, however MH warns her not to think of herself only, and that YE's existence has brought wounds to all of them, to Mrs. Jeong who had to endure others gossiping about YE being Mr. Jeong's secret child from affair, and both MH and DH suffered getting their share stolen by YE with her pitiful act. MH is relentless and tells YE straight, saying YE is married, and with a child, and its time for her to leave them alone and leave DH alone, who will soon marry JA. YE says she didn't realize she gave her so much wounds, but JA says not to act bratty on top of it all, and tells YE to dig up her pride and even if she dies do it quietly without them knowing because they are done with her. YE thinks over these things, and goes to see DH next.

rudnftoe14kor071103hdtvzp3.jpgrudnftoe14kor071103hdtvqa0.jpg

YE: Oppa, you won't ever know how much strength you have meant to me all this time.

DH: What are you trying to say?

YE: Since the first day I came when you offered me the warm cup of cocoa. But you were someone whom I could not greed over because I could not betray them who raised me like their own daughter for over 10 years. Therefore I think that is perhaps why I could break my promise with you, and to get engaged with another man, and to marry.

DH: So what is your conclusion?

YE: Now.. it's time I must clearly put away my feelings for you. I no longer have feelings for you as man. I am married, and soon I will become a mother. I don't wish to remain a baggage for you anymore, and please put away your feelings for me as well so I am not wavered, because it is hard on me. What I'm saying is, let's be like real brother and sister. You being a baggage to me is also a burden to me.

DH: You wave a knife to end this clearly, haven't you?

YE: Yes.

DH: Fine. Through the time you married til now, I am still waiting with 80% of me hoping you'd return from a mistake. Though it is foolish and like a moron, that is how it is and must be for me.

YE: Your feelings are due to your endless sympathy for me.

DH: No. You're wrong.

YE: But that still doesn't change anything. Does it?

DH: Fine. I got it.

YE: I wish you well with Jinah-ssi. You are suitable together.

DH says no more but studies YE with hurtful eyes, and YE also drives home afterwards weeping silently.

========

next week:

YE finds out Mz. Kang got money from the Jeongs, and YE confronts KW but KW denies knowing about it. Mz. Kang throws an opening party for KW's new clinic, and afterwards asks YE if the Jeong's gave her an envelope of money.

^Thanks Mic for ep 14 summary & knuts for the download link, appreciate them very much!

I can't watch Winter Bird live like before.. I think TVAnts might have been blocked or something. :unsure: Any other live streaming alternatives that's easy enough to follow? Hope to watch it again next week, otherwise the Sendspace or CB uploads are fine, too.

From dramaok's summary.. although MH was really bit***** at YE.. what she said might have some 'truth' in setting all the resentment towards YE. People thinking that YE might be Mr. Jeong's secret child, thus hurting MH's mother. Maybe that's why.. explains the rather different treatment from Mrs. Jeong who seems to have a preset thinking that YE would never be suitable to fit in their family, as her own daugher or DH's wife.

Guest maneuneun

I can't watch Winter Bird live like before.. I think TVAnts might have been blocked or something. :unsure: Any other live streaming alternatives that's easy enough to follow? Hope to watch it again next week, otherwise the Sendspace or CB uploads are fine, too.

You can try using this link mms://onair.usmbc.co.kr/tv :lol:

I have been using it to watch mbc program lately and it's working well. :D

darn you're so busy too.. ya i got my hands full.. plus i'm working on another major soompi project.

i don't know how i'll keep up with the 3 fanclubs i've started as is.. so i'm gonna have to pass on Winter Bird or else i won't sleep at all.

koala!!!????

knuts!!!???

I will try to do this one...I was about to start a fanclub for another drama...hopefully I can handle this both...will let you guys know if there is progress...

and thanks for the summary...my questions got answered already...and all seems clear to me now that mz. Kang is after money, she's greedy over money that is...and I also asgree on what Rubie said about MH...though I hated her since she did have a point in what she said to YE about the part when all thought that YE was a child form an affair...can't blame her but still I hope she'll understand what YE is going through someday...and still I believe that even if YE wants to forget DH I'm still hoping they'll get back together ^ ^

and for tonight's episode...YE got shocked when she heard from Mrs. Choi when she mimicked mz. Kang about the congratulatory money...she hated the fact that she didn't knew about it and much more when I guess she really thought that the money was the reason why mz. Kang was good to her...KW was all being sorry about it...but I still doubt if he will stand up for his own and for YE's welfare...mz. Kang is really a money freak and she accidentally met Heejin's mom at KW's clinic when they had to consult him for something and they start cursing each other as well...

next week's episode...

oh no...Mr. Jeong is getting chest pains...I hope it will not go worse real soon

Archived