[drama 2007] Winter Bird 겨울새

Guest Soy

Guest babymarzy07

omg!!!

those mom's are just too much!!

mz kang is getting worse if it is even possible..

thanks mic!

thanks to sunny and the rest for the BTS pics!

LTG so cute!!

hahahha

well, i can PSY does a great job..

also, the guy playing KW is effective at being a pain..

KW is such a gullible momma's boy sucker..

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! These are really nice drama caps from mbc, knut! I love the one of KW & YE.. sitting down to read. Wait.. was that from the actual shooting or off-screen? That's really sweet.

And LTG with the white teddy bear. :P So cute! :blush: The serious DH in the dark blue turtleneck & dark coat is simply... ooozing .. and melting.. :wub:

---

Aish.. I've been wanting to ask everyone but keeps forgeting.. :sweatingbullets: .. could there be a possiblity of HJ's brother falling for MH or vice-versa? :unsure: They seem to have this cat-dog relationship.. that.. really.. smells kinda.. fishy. :huh:

yeah...loved the BTS pics...though this drama has a sad plot...off cam you can see them all smiling...I find it cute as well ^ ^

about HJ's brother falling for MJ...I don't think it will happen in the near future but we can never tell..

thanks to Knuts and Sunny for all the pics...

this may be late...found an article on Yoon Sang-hyun (Kyung-woo)

2007110511450183333_120538_0.jpg

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352

^ will try to rewatch this again but I understood some parts of the interview...that LTG started as a CF model and in the Yes or No game I think the question was if he prefers an actress to be his girlfriend but he said no...and of course he also told the reporter about his character in the drama Winter Bird being a romantist...I think it meant the character Do Hyun being romantic

Thanks koala for the link to LTG's interview and gist from his answers, appreciate the sharing a lot.

I still can't watch the series live like before, unfortunately.. as the mbc link doesn't work for me either. :(

Probably.. the streaming luck finally streamed out. :lol:

Wonder what Mz.Kang is up to this time... :P

And missing DH.. hehee..

Guest dramaok

Winter Bird (Ep. 16):

Terms of Marriage

JE = Jeong-Eun (Park Seon-Yeong)

DH = Do-Hyeon (Lee Tae-Gon)

KW = Kyeong-Wu (Yoon Sang-Hyeon)

Mz. Kang = KW's mom (Park Won-Sook)

ES = Aunt Eun-Sook (Im Ye-Jin)

MH = DH's sister Minhee (Lee Da-Jin)

JA = Jinah (Hwang Jeong-Eum)

HJ = YE friend Hee-Jin (Jang Shin-Yeong)

SM = ES's son Seung-Min (Ju Min-Su)

Mrs. Jeong = DH mom (Yoon Mira)

Mr. Jeong = DH dad (Jang Yong)

Kwangwook = HJ's brother (Yoo Jae-Ryang)

YR = Yura (Han Ye-In)

winterbird16avi00024978gz8.jpgwinterbird16avi00034137yt9.jpgwinterbird16avi00088017zc5.jpg

HJ's mom says Mz. Kang is the woman who used to sell stuff at the market and collect daily loans, but Mz. Kang denies and throws a fit and after their fight is broken up by HJ's ex-boss and KW, HJ scolds her mom saying she's making the situation very difficult for YE regardless of whether or not she is correct and HJ's mom gets worried, and indeed Mz. Kang goes home and tells YE she should hang out with people suitable for her status as the wife of a clinic director, and that she should stop seeing HJ. YE also gets a call from HJ who apologizes about her mom saying she made a mistake and falsely identified Mz. Kang as someone she knew from before. KW comes home that day and complains to YE about how embarrassing it was at the clinic and how HJ's mom is so uncultured. That night Mz. Kang suffers a case of high blood pressure and KW checks her status but says it's not too bad, and Mz. Kang says she's merely suffering from exhaustion. KW then offers to stay by his mom while YE goes upstairs. YE checks up on them when KW doesn't come up late into the night and she's about to go inside but overhears Mz. Kang telling KW not to confess anything about her past if YE asks about it, and says everyone has a past and the past isn't important and all the rich people have a shady past. YE decides not to go inside and goes upstairs to think in bed.

winterbird16avi00100233ba5.jpgwinterbird16avi00116810nw7.jpgwinterbird16avi00129422gb1.jpg

DH has to work a lot and JA brings him homemade bento and says this must be happiness, and DH looks surpised and comments he thought she were more ambitious, but JA says he is already a big ambition to her, and at this DH studies her for a moment without saying anything. Meanwhile aunt ES's son continues to be down about his life, and ES tells her to look at the brighter side and think about all the things he has that others don't, instead of dwelling in the things he lacks. Mr. Jeong is excersing in the front lawn when he suffers heart distress and though he says he's alright, he is taken to the hospital where he will be monitored, but for now he is okay. DH rushes there and Mrs. Jeong gets scolded by Mr. Jeong for making a fuss, but Mrs. Jeong said MH must have called instead. Then JA is about to go check on Mr. Jeong when she sees DH pass by YE, who is also there to see Mr. Jeong, after learning about his condition when she called the Jeong's home. DH tells YE Mr. Jeong is alright and YE rushes to go see Mr. Jeong, but as she passes DH, DH suddenly asks, "So, are you happy".. and YE is surprised by it but turns around with a smiling face and tries to brush it off.

winterbird16avi00131064mh2.jpg

YE: I wonder when you'd stop asking me such questions.

DH: Are you burdened by it?

YE: ---

DH: are you?

YE: To be honest, half half. I'm burdened by it but half of me likes it that you're concerned about me.

DH: ---

YE: If you become totally unconcerned then I'd be sad, right? But.. now it's your turn to be happy.

DH: As long as you're happy then it's enough. Go now...

YE goes to Mr. Jeong's room while he's absent and YE offers to tend to Mr. Jeong overnight so Mrs. Jeong can get some rest, but Mrs. Jeong says if YE did that she'd get in big trouble with Mz. Kang. Just then Mr. Jeong returns from another checkup and seeing YE there he scolds Mrs. Jeong for announcing it to everyone but YE quickly explains she found out from the maid at Jeong's household. Mr. Jeong keeps asking YE if he looks strange and YE says no and when the nurse comes in to give him a shot Mr. Jeong appears scared by it and Mrs. Jeong covers her mouth and laughs. YE leaves and runs into JA in the hospital hallway and JA asks YE to help her.

winterbird16avi00146946kt9.jpg

JA: I never imagined I'd ask for this kind of help but right now I'm gonna put away silly pride and ask. I want to know Do-Hyeon's true feelings.

YE: Why would you ask me that.

JA: Because you know him the best.

YE: But it's his heart.

JA: I know Do-Hyeon likes you. I also know that he's got no choice but to put away his feelings for you now that you're married. But a person's feelings aren't that simple. If it's so easy to coordinate one's mind and heart then I wouldn't be here asking for you help. I wish to marry Do-Hyeon. Can I marry him? May I?

YE: Isn't marriage something decided among the ones getting married? If you want to marry and Do-Hyeon wants to marry then you get married isn't it? This question is rather strange, Jinah-ssi.. What right do I have to say yes or no?

JA: I want to know Do-Hyeon's feelings toward you. You must know something.

YE: Jinah-ssi. If he marries you, it will be because he loves you. He is that type of person. He is not one who can marry someone with someone else in his heart, be it me or not.

JA: Really?

YE: I trust Do-Hyeon to be so.

JA: Alast you're asking me to wait.

YE: That is your choice. Not something I have a say over.

JA: I can't get a clear grasp of his heart. He seems responsive and meets me, but at the same time I am getting more and more anxious and I wonder if at the end I've just wasted my effort. I wasn't going to say this much..

YE: He won't hurt you, then marry another woman. You should believe it. (gets up) I wait for good news then.

winterbird16avi00186246ux0.jpgwinterbird16avi00187070cv5.jpgwinterbird16avi00199008ek7.jpg

KW continues to be busy with his practice, and gets a visit from YE on her way back from the hospital and YE tells KW Mr. Jeong is hospitalized for some checkups. KW then decides to take YE out for dinner and calls Mz. Kang who is upset by it, but when Mr. and Mrs. Choi explain that YE had called earlier to let them know and Mr. Jeong might be pretty sick, Mz. Kang seems okay by it. KW and YE arrive at a restaurant and YE says she feels anxious and KW calls Mz. Kang infront of YE to get the okay again. At the hospital, Mr. Jeong tells DH and Mrs. Jeong not to make a fuss over his health, but he then tells DH he's gonna have to marry soon or else he might not be able to see it ever. Later, DH runs into JA and when JA tells DH she knows why he'd like YE, it is because she is nicer and smarter than she lets off, and DH tells JA she is nice and smart too and JA is giddy by it.

winterbird16avi00207517vb5.jpgwinterbird16avi00209552zl2.jpgwinterbird16avi00229075sr2.jpg

YE and KW return home and Mz. Kang tells them to sit by her. Mz. Kang scolds YE and KW for not going to see Mr. Jeong together, instead of having fun by themselves, and YE says she didn't think it was necessary since she already went to see him earlier and if they went again she was afraid that Mr. Jeong might get angry for making a fuss. However Mz. Kang starts to shout and says at his age, Mr. Jeong could croak anyday and YE made a big mistake and wonders if an adopted daughter doesn't count as a real daughter afterall. Mz. Kang tells the two to go upstairs, and Mz. Kang whines about YE being dense, since this is the time to throw your face in in order to get something at the end. YE apologizes to KW about the situation and says it was her fault, and KW hugs her and thanks her. Next day, KW goes to see Mr. Jeong alone and Mr. Jeong says he didn't need to come and he should go back to his clinic at once. KW agrees and leaves, and Mrs. Jeong scolds Mr. Jeong afterwards. Just then the phone rings and it's Mz. Kang on the phone and tells Mrs. Jeong how worried she's been and Mrs. Jeong says thanks and hangs up and comments Mz. Kang seems nice afterall, but Mr. Jeong says Mrs. Jeong is smart enough to know why Mz. Kang is really calling.

winterbird16avi00235295tj9.jpgwinterbird16avi00280506fa7.jpgwinterbird16avi00279449ix7.jpg

JA then comes in to check on Mr. Jeong and gives him two fancy cookies and Mr. Jeong says he feels like a kid getting treats. JA then gives a cookie to Mrs. Jeong too and after JA leaves, Mrs. Jeong tells Mr. Jeong how great JA is. Meanwhile, Mz. Kang tells YE to bring some homemade porridge to Mr. Jeong and when YE brings it to Mr. Jeong saying Mz. Kang cooked it himself, Mrs. Jeong says she needn't do that. YE says it's because she wanted to send something but didn't know what to send. Mr. Jeong continues to be in a bad mood and tells YE to go and tell Mz. Kang that he'll eat it well and sends YE away. Afterwards, YE makes a stop to see HJ and HJ asks YE about her appetite and YE says it's gotten a lot better. HJ says then she'll buy something yummy for YE and the baby, and says she wishes she could see the baby real soon, and YE gets solemn and says she must not be a good mother, because she is not really excited about the baby. YE then tells HJ about the money that Mz. Kang received, and YE says she really thought that it was because of the baby, but when she found out about the money, things fell apart for her and she didn't know what to think anymore. HJ says not to think too complicated about it, since the Jeong's did it for YE's good, and YE says she knows but she can't understand why her husband pretended to not know about it. HJ consoles her more and says for the baby's sake she should just focus on the good thoughts. YE says she knows but she feels so lonely and frustrated, and angry about her life like crazy.

winterbird16avi00282388ip4.jpgwinterbird16avi00284764ge4.jpgwinterbird16avi00308237va5.jpg

That evening, Mz. Kang comes home giddier than ever, and Mz. Kang shows YE and KW paperwork about a purchase of cottage she made by the water. KW says they don't have that kind of money, and Mz. Kang says she just reserved it because KW should have one like the Jeong's and Mz. Kang then asks YE if Mr. Jeong liked the porridge and when YE says yes, Mz. Kang says she should visit the Jeong's more often so they can know about their situation too and to see if KW's clinic needs something and YE is speechless. Mz. Kang then asks KW in private about Mr. Jeong's condition, and when KW says it doesn't seem too seriosu Mz. Kang seems unhappy. Then after KW leaves, Mz. Kang starts to calculate how much YE might get from the inheritance and wonders why the Jeong's didn't just register her under their family like a real daughter. Meanwhile, Mr. Jeong and DH have some one-on-one talk at the hospital, and Mr. Jeong gives him some advice on life, saying before business and money, there's no eternity; a friend can become a foe over money, and a foe can save you over money. Mr. Jeong then tells DH it is time for him to forget about YE altogether and DH says okay.

winterbird16avi00325271rj1.jpgwinterbird16avi00346683id2.jpgwinterbird16avi00347817ue3.jpg

At home YE knits something for the baby and when KW seems happy by it, YE tells KW she doesn't really feel like the baby's real, but KW says he can already communicate with the baby, and goes to her tummy and puts his hand on it and tells the baby he will be a good dad because he didn't have a dad growing up and longed for one. YE seems touched by KW's gestures, and they continue to talk in bed. KW asks YE about her real parents, and YE says her father ran a Japanese restaurant and her mother woke up early to help him, and she was popular in school because she always had special bentos that were different from other kids. YE continues to talk about her dad how he was always easy on her and she starts to tear up and KW hugs her and promises her he'll be a good father. At the hospital, JA checks on Mr. Jeong while he's asleep, and finds DH asleep on the sofa and JA pulls his blanket higher and leaves, and after she leaves, DH opens his eyes.

==============

tomorrow Mz. Kang

gets conned by the realestate deal and tells YE she's gonna sell her diamond ring and when YE offers her money to KW to give to his mom, KW says he'll only take her heart and tells her not to tell his mom she has this money, but Mz. Kang finds it anyway after digging through YE's stuff.

^ I agree that Mz. Kang is really manipulative..just saw the episode tonight...I was really scared when YE wanted to give her savings to Mz. Kang and Mz. Kang was really bad to expect about Mr. Jeong 's inheritance to YE...tsk, tsk...I was curious about the check that she gave to YE though...

and Do-hyun finally confronts Jinah in the last scene after giving her coffee...I think DH said that he doesn't love JA...I'm not sure about it

you're all welcome about the LTG interview...hmmm haven't had the time to update the fanclub...will try to update it

thanks Dramaok for the summary and Sunny for the pics...

Guest Happy_Day

Can someone tell me the ratings for this drama?! I never see it in the top 10, but it's so good!

Does anyone else find it hard not to throw their remote at the tv. God, I HATE that husband, even more than the psycho mother-in-law.

Hi everyone.. been a slow week at the thread, huh. Wonder how YE is coping with her "family".. must have tonnes of patience to be living in one. :sweatingbullets: It's sad actually, reading in the summary how she is not really thrilled or excited about having the baby. For anyone to say that... really reflects the unhappiness and pressured life.

Btw, let's not quote the whole summary that dramaok had posted. Just mention the episode # and title would be sufficient enough. The summary is long and there'll be lots of screencaps or drama pics posted from time to time. Quoting long posts will make the page slower to upload especially for those on dial-ups.

Even now.. it's quite hard for most of us to move around at the threads, right?

Guest dramaok

Hi Dramaok, Pls give us summary of ep 17..Pls..Pls/THKS

please stop quoting my entire summaries with images and all. that is against forum guideline.

you can 'edit' your previous posts and remove all the images. it'll help the forum run better and help users reduce time the page loads.

i'm busy on sundays when the odd number episode comes out so usually my summary will come out late.

----

Can someone tell me the ratings for this drama?! I never see it in the top 10, but it's so good!

Does anyone else find it hard not to throw their remote at the tv. God, I HATE that husband, even more than the psycho mother-in-law.

ep. 16: 10%

ep. 17: 10.4%

it's not on top 20 but not too bad. slowly climbing in ratings. and yes i want to throw something at KW and his mom, especially his mom.

----

Winter Bird (Ep. 17):

complete farewell

winterbird17avi00036599je5.jpgwinterbird17avi00043129qc9.jpgwinterbird17avi00053903ha5.jpg

HJ's mom discovers Yura lives above them and is appalled to find Kwangwook's stuff at YR's rooftop flat, and HJ's mom gathers her son and YR and HJ to talk. YR isn't apologetic and says she and Kwangwook already lept together, back when they were in junior high, before she went to America for a while, and now they're together again and plan to marry. MH and JA have drinks together and MH says JA was dumb to talk to YE about DH's feelings, and JA says she knows but she's not sure how she got this way. Then MH says she understands, and she too did some pride-less things in the name of love. Mrs. Jeong tells aunt ES after Mr. Jeong was hospitalized, he asked DH to speed up his marriage and DH agreed. Then Mrs. Jeong asks aunt ES to help her with JA and DH, and ES reluctantly agrees, though she complains they are just repeating the same mistake as they did with YE.

winterbird17avi00076436kq3.jpgwinterbird17avi00070140oc6.jpgwinterbird17avi00084714wt0.jpg

ES meets with DH and JA, and ES says DH is the problem, and if he is sure that he doesn't want to marry or if he wants to marry but not JA, he needs to make things clear instead of wasting time because it is harmful to JA as well. JA tells ES not to make it sound so scary, but ES continues to scold DH saying he's not that great anyway and JA laughs. ES keeps on going and DH tells her it's enough and ES says one more thing, that marriage isn't a dream thus he should face it realistically, and not to be so picky with JA. DH says he's not being picky, and ES then tells JA she should just ditch him already. After their meeting with ES, JA and DH talk by the beach, and JA says her mom wants to invite him over for dinner and DH tells her he can't tell her that he loves her, and JA smiles and says even though she loves him she's not crazily in love with him either, and DH says it's a good thing, because that is not the kind of love he can do. JA says she is the same way and in that sense they are alike and compatible who will live well together because they won't get in big break-ups, but JA says she is different from him because he is afraid of love but she isn't and DH agrees to go for dinner at her home. DH then draws her to his embrace as the two look out to the ocean, and JA looks at DH and says it feels surreal.

winterbird17avi00106833dl2.jpgwinterbird17avi00175625db7.jpgwinterbird17avi00177537fw3.jpg

It's saturday and KW is almost done with his practice and calls YE to go out to the movies since his mom is busy with the cottage stuff, and YE says she'll just dress and meet him, but as soon as they hang up, Mz. Kang comes home wailing and gasping. Mr. Choi calls KW to come home immediately and Mz. Kang passes out just as YE comes to her room, and Mrs. Choi spits water on Mz. Kang's face to wake her up. Then as it turns out the land Mz. Kang purchased wasn't the waterfront property that they showed her, and it was instead a swamp nearby that you can't built on due to it being environmentally protected, and even if she tries to sell it she won't even get half of what she already put in. KW can't believe his mom would fall for such con-deal, but he tries to console his mom, by telling her at least she didn't suffer any physical harm. However Mz. Kang continues to lay in bed in distress and KW spends the night by herside. Next morning, Mz. Kang cries aloud about her misery and KW promises her he will earn a lotta money to make her rich again. Mrs. Choi and YE listen from outside the bedroom and Mrs. Choi tells YE it's not like Mz. Kang is poor she still has a lot of income from her buildings. KW goes to work and tells YE to console his mom for him. Mz. Kang asks YE to go and fetch some medicine for her from the oriental doctor, and she tells YE to get some medicines for her as well since she's pregnant. While YE is gone, Mz. Kang tells Mrs. Choi to go clean in the kitche, and Mz. Kang sneaks into YE's room and Mz. Kang finds YE's bank account book documenting over 52k (usd) worth of savings. Afterwards, Mz. Kang tells Mrs. Choi not to get groceries for a while and to cook and eat whatever is already in the fridge and freezer. KW then calls Mz. Kang and invites her out to a movie to cheer her up. Mz. Kang agrees and KW calls YE to let her know and says sorry about it, and YE says not a problem as long as his mom feels better.

winterbird17avi00202118ag9.jpgwinterbird17avi00229242mw2.jpgwinterbird17avi00228888ry9.jpg

Meanwhile, DH is busy with work and forgets about his dinner promise with JA's family, and JA is upset and DH says he'll try to make it, however JA says she's fine and they'll do it next time, and she'll just tell her mom he had an urgent work issue to resolve. Mrs. Jeong and JA's mom get on the phone and Mrs. Jeong apologizes for DH's behavior. Over at KW's, Mz. Kang puts some food in YE's bowl saying it's good for pregnant woman, and asks KW about the lazor machine he wanted, but KW says he's fine without it for now, and Mz. Kang stops eating sighing about their situation. YE goes to see Mz. Kang afterwards to tell her she'll go to the hospital for a checkup, and Mz. Kang tells YE to sit and gives her her diamond ring, telling YE to go and sell it to Mz. Park so she can buy the lazor machine for KW. YE tells her she shouldnt' do that since KW already said he can do without it and she should at least talk to KW first. Mz. Kang gets upset and says even if she says more stuff she wants to buy it for KW, but if YE is against it she won't do it for now.

winterbird17avi00254117ot9.jpgwinterbird17avi00265762jl5.jpgwinterbird17avi00295818op6.jpg

HJ's ex-boss returns from his trip and brings 2 knockoff bags for HJ and her mom, and HJ throws him out. Just then YE arrives, and laughs at the situation between HJ and her ex-boss. HJ's mom feeds YE some spicy rice cakes and apologizes for what happened at KW's clinic, but YE asks her more info about Mz. Kang's background, and HJ's mom changes the subject saying she really made a mistake. That night, YE hands her bank accounts and seal to KW, saying it is money she saved up which KW should use for buying his machine. KW says he can't take it and he'll resolved it, but he will accept her heart, and says YE shouldn't tell his mom about the money. KW says they are more well-off then she thinks, and right now they are just going through a shortage of cash is all. Next day KW gets the machine he needs on lease purchase, and Mz. Kang gets furious when she finds out saying he'll end up paying for lots of interest money only. Mz. Kang asks YE if she knew it beforehand and YE says no. Then Mz. Kang says from tomorrow, they will have no more than 3 side dishes for meals.

winterbird17avi00325221og7.jpgwinterbird17avi00345945hn6.jpgwinterbird17avi00332755js7.jpg

Next morning, when Mz. Kang sees YE coming downstairs early in the morning, Mz. Kang comments YE should take it easy as she is told, but Mz. Kang then says but then again it's probably good for YE to move around too since that might benefit the baby too. YE is confused, and Mrs. Choi says it sounds like Mz. Kang is telling YE to start doing some chores now. Mz. Kang then tells YE she has reduced their family budget, until they have more cash on hand. YE says okay and leaves, but just as she's leaving, Mz. Kang says if she were YE she wouldn't sit back doing nothing and YE is surprised by the comment. When YE goes up she opens the monthly budget money, and is more surprised to find only 5 hundred dollars worth of cashiers check. At the hospital, DH visits JA and gives her a warm cup of coffee, and apologizes for forgetting about the dinner invitation. JA says she forgives him and says the coffee is yummy, and DH then says he can promise her to give her a lifetime of good coffee. JA is surpised and DH says he's having a hard time putting away his feelings for YE cleanly and he can't promise he'll forget in the future for sure either, since he can't erase his memories, but if JA can accept him as is, he wants to marry her, and if they marry he will do his best to be a good husband and partner in life, as long as JA can accept him as is. JA says she has to think about it and says she'd rather that he'd just lie to her and says he's already forgotten everything about YE, but for not doing so he's showing no concern for her feelings. DH apologizes but says he'd rather be honest with her, and JA says he's not proposing to her right now, he's merely trying to escape from YE. JA says she has to think about whether or not she will wage her entire life in the hands of a man who says he cannot forget his old lover.

=============

next week

Mz. Kang

gives some bills to YE and tells her she should pay them.

when YE tells KW his mom only gave her 5 hundred dollars for all the expenses KW gives her 3 thousand dollars,

and when Mz. Kang finds out she accuses YE of trying to ruin their mother-son relationship. JA returns the ring to Mrs. Jeong.

thanks for the summary Dramaok...Mz. Kang is really scrooge with money...and I was now clarified about JA and DH...seems like DH just wanted to divert his attention to JA to forget YE and now JA realized where she stands...

Winter Bird has re-runs on MBC every Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 10:45 (Korean Time)

Archived