Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

436cf248c6264a48a8726436862e2447.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho Finds Himself In Trouble With Kim Go Eun In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

SBS’s new Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has shared new stills of Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho going toe to toe with each other.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of two parallel universes where one universe is a democracy that resembles modern-day Korea as we know it, while the other is an alternate universe in which Korea is an empire ruled by a single monarch. The drama was off to a strong start, with its first episode setting a new SBS record for the highest first episode viewership ratings for a Friday-Saturday drama.

Ahead of the second episode, the drama has shared stills of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul’s second time seeing each other. Lee Gon is dragged to a police station in the other universe, where Jung Tae Eul attempts to figure out his identity. The pair are two forces to be reckoned with as Lee Gon keeps his regal composure while Jung Tae Eul does what she can to get information out of him.

Spoiler

Lee-Min-Ho5.jpg

Kim-Go-Eun4.jpg

Kim-Go-Eun-Lee-Min-Ho2.jpg

Lee-Min-Ho-11.jpg

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun filmed the scene in February, and the two are said to have brought lively energy to the set. They went over every line with care, working hard to create the perfect scene with lines that bounced back between each other in quick succession. They are said to have left the staff laughing with their great chemistry and realistic bickering throughout the confrontational scene.

Spoiler

Kim-Go-Eun-12.jpg

Lee-Min-Ho-21.jpg

Kim-Go-Eun-21.jpg

Lee-Min-Ho-3.jpg

Hwa & Dam Pictures stated, “Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun are creating a fairytale-like story that takes place across two universes. Please keep watching to see how the relationship between the two evolves throughout the episodes.”

The upcoming episode of “The King: Eternal Monarch” will air on April 18 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395070wpp/lee-min-ho-finds-himself-in-trouble-with-kim-go-eun-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 7

23 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

hi chingus

quiick Q to my hi tech chingus here.

I did not receive any notification from Netflix that The King is on even though my friend who lives in west side of US received .I live in east side.

Is that possible? In the same country but different parts not to watch same shows through Netflix?

Q 2: I can watch The King( TKTEM)in my computer Netflix screen but when I try to cast NetFlix from iphone to my tv .TKTEM seems like he lost his way through the centuries and the internet.

My Netflix research ( we talking about my iphone NetFlix research ) shows me this title does not exist(never before I experienced the same )

any suggestions what goes wrong?

Hi kiklaminHo, it's possible since Netflix library differ internationally because of territorial licensing. The producers of any movie/TV show want to maximize profits from their product. So, they license their creation to different content distributors in different parts of the world. Naturally, the highest bidder wins the right. As a distributor, Netflix has to decide if enough people in the US , the UK & other regions will watch to recover the expenses of buying the rights through research. In short, audience interest & territorial licensing determine why Netflix library varies depending from region to region.  :lol:

But, NICE to know that your problem has been solved..... :P

• Like 2

20 hours ago, pixie0622 said:

Soomzies old and new annyeong :wub:

I was summoned and now I’m here. Thanks for all the posts/ updates. This thread is truly uri Minho’s parallel world—when he’s active, we can’t help but emerge from our quarantines :blush:

So...I just watched the first episode and although our boy only came out fully in the 2nd half of the 1st hour, I liked it. Felt and looked like a movie. Can’t wait for everything to unravel. I echo your disbelief—-how can he look even more handsome???!!! Like fine wine, indeed. Not just his face, but his body appears more chiseled and firm :w00t:

Fans on Twitter are saying that the real-time rating of the 1st episode is around 16%.  That sounds impressive to me relative to prevailing viewership %s and that it’s only the premier episode.  

We’re in for a good ride, chingus.  Pray all’s well and stay safe out there :heart:

Hi pixie, I feel happy that the drama has premiered to a strong start - 11.4% viewership.....SBS record as the highest weekend drama premiere ratings so far.... :P

NICE to see you around here in the thread.....  :heart:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, syntyche said:

Minho barefoot running scene

It looks like his toes were photoshopped.  :lol:  His second toes are longer than his big toes in reality.  :lol:

(Yes, I looked that closely.  :))

Another pretty picture:

846ec30cbea0efd57e2d3dab17d89011130630aa

Hmmmm.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

13 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

@CarolynH

hahaha that s why  soompi was down.

Because all Minoz woke up from their 3 years hibernation!

I forgot how to post pictures too like @pixie0622

I can not remember how to fix my signature also.:crazy:

kiklaminHo, there are (2) places where you can change your signature. One is in the website itself (About Me) & the other is in the Forum (real signature on forum) In the website, click downward arrow next to your name in the top right. Click Profile. Click Edit Profile. At the bottom you'll find the About Me part. Enter your signature. (although, this is a little tricky since this will not show on your Forum post but will be visible only if anyone visits your Profile). In the Forum, just do the same thing as what you did in the website except that Go to Account Settings. Click Signature then Save. I hope I made it clear for you.....:P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi chingus. Throughly enjoying our minho's return. Back here after a long. Arent u guys joining TKEM thread? I dont see many familiar old faces there. 

By the way, He looks  super handsome and today's epi was good especially lee gon part was so fun. I kept drooling over him 

• Like 6

Ep 2 ratings are disappointing - 8.4 and 11.6. I’d love to know how many people are watching on Netflix instead of SBS. 

It’s so odd-it was trending on twitter worldwide yesterday- his IG account is over 13 million now and going up daily so the interest is definitely there.

Anyone any ideas about this?

Edited by Lindyloo421
Quick edit- apparently at one stage the ratings went to 14.7- do they measure it on minute by minute basis? I am confused!
  • Like 3

@Lindyloo421

Episode was simple one. It was good but people are excited for thrill elements and it takes time to setup story. It was light hearted but not that interesting. 

You can take positive that second half increased by 3.2% which is quite a rise.

So it means people got hookedup by the end.

I hope they show more thrilling stuff next week, so drama picks up the heat.

Don't feel bad. Episode combined ratings are still 10% and weeknd rating average is 10.375%. It is all due to his star power. But an actor can only bring initials which he brought. Now it is upto story and how it folds out.

A good start for the show. Double digit start in 2020 is very good . When many public channel dramas are doing 3 % and 4%.

But they need to quickly  add all fanatsy stuff soon to quick rise in rating. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

@Lindyloo421

Episode was simple one. It was good but people are excited for thrill elements and it takes time to setup story. It was light hearted but not that interesting. 

You can take positive that second half increased by 3.2% which is quite a rise.

So it means people got hookedup by the end.

I hope they show more thrilling stuff next week, so drama picks up the heat.

Don't feel bad. Episode combined ratings are still 10% and weeknd rating average is 10.375%. It is all due to his star power. But an actor can only bring initials which he brought. Now it is upto story anf how it folds out.

A good start for the show. Double digit start in 2020 is very good . When many public channel dramas are doing 3 % and 4%.

But they need to quickly  add all fanatsy stuff soon to quick rise in rating. 

Thank you @Deepakmahajan I love your positive replies - they always make me feel better.. sometimes it’s tough being a devoted fan!

• Like 5

Just now, Lindyloo421 said:

Thank you @Deepakmahajan I love your positive replies - they always make me feel better.. sometimes it’s tough being a devoted fan!

Its ok buddy. I also expected more in 13 to 14% range but public netwroks ratings are in terrible state since 2016. So debuting in double digit is great today.

And check sbs last year's  biggest hit fiery priest. Its second episode first half was 8.6% and 11.2% for second half. But it ended up as biggest drama on public  network  last year.

So once the story picks up, it will do better. Just have patience.

• Like 4

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200419

The second episode of SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures), which aired on the 18th (Saturday), achieved 9.7 percent ratings in the first part and 12.9 percent ratings in the second part of the Seoul metropolitan area and topped the same time slot for all channels. Not only did the ratings jump to 7.4 percent in the 20-49 ratings, a major indicator of advertising officials, but also the highest instant viewer ratings rose to 14.7 percent (based on part two), signaling an upward trend in ratings. In other words, it demonstrated the return of romantic comedy with a fresh spring sensibility, displaying the power of "as expected and the right combination."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202004190727089789024_1

• Like 6

4 hours ago, LMHolic said:

Hi chingus. Throughly enjoying our minho's return. Back here after a long. Arent u guys joining TKEM thread? I dont see many familiar old faces there. 

By the way, He looks  super handsome and today's epi was good especially lee gon part was so fun. I kept drooling over him 

I think some are at TKEM site.

• Like 1

Note: Rough translation of the post shared by @syntyche  (Google translate)

"I will greet you as Empress" 'The King' Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, this combination was also right .. Highest 14.7% | Daum News   :star::heart:

20200419082125848ypnv.jpg

OSEN = Reporter Choi Na-young] “This combination was also right! No. 1 in all channels at the same time! ”

“The King-Eternal Lord” Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun announced the beginning of a fateful love that trembles with the “Ecstatic Proposal” ending that runs the extreme thrilling mode.

The 2nd episode of the SBS new gilt drama 'The King-The Lord of Eternity' (played by Kim Eun-suk / Director Sang-hoon Baek, Ji-hyun Hyun / production Hwa & Dam Pictures) broadcasted on the 18th (Sat) on the 18th (Saturday) was based on the metropolitan area, 9.7%, 2nd 12.9% Achieved, ranked first in all channels at the same time. In the 2049 viewership rate, which is the main index of advertisement officials, it jumped to 7.4%, and the highest viewership rate at the moment rose to 14.7% (based on part 2), and it was predicted that the viewership rate would begin to rise. It proved the “return of a romantic comedy” with a springy sensibility and exerted the power of “the right combination”.

On this day's broadcast, the Korean Empire Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), who came to the Republic of Korea by opening the “door to the parallel world,” met with South Korean detective Jeong Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun), who had been searching for 25 years to reach the ecstatic proposal. Lee Gon, who appeared on a horse in the middle of Gwanghwamun, was dragged to the police station after being stopped by Jeong Tae-eul. In spite of Jung Tae-eul's request to say his name, Lee Gon did not respond with a dignified and stately attitude, saying, "It's a name I shouldn't call." Did.

When I checked the fingerprints, but the identity was not revealed, Tae-Eul Jeong tried to collect the DNA of Lee Gon, and Lee Gon-goon said, “I mean that I don't exist in this world, and the two worlds are not exactly the same.” In addition, Lee Gon said, “You were not in my world, as I am not here. It was quite difficult to find and find it for quite some time, ”he said. When I asked for this evidence of the unbelievable Jung Tae, Igon sent a deep glance saying, “I am the proof.” Eventually, while explaining the quantum mechanics discovered by Dr. Einstein, Lee said, “The possibility of being in two places. Therefore, the hypothesis that a parallel world can exist ”was emphasized, but Jung Tae-eul did not even move.

Afterwards, Lee Gon, who came out of the police station with an unknown identity, was shocked by telling Jeong-tae about a 5-star hotel near his house as a contact point for DNA results, but was shocked when it turned out that the button on the clothes he was wearing was a genuine diamond. Moreover, Lee Gon seized the stance of avoiding himself and said, “It took 25 years to see you. Stay by my side. I wish I had a very long day today, ”he said,“ it was the last time to go back to his own world, ”and even a straight confession,“ I like to be with you like this, ”was blown up and embarrassed.

Moreover, Lee Gon, who looked at the history of the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea in the library, explained the history of the two Daehans, who changed from the late Sohyeon, but revealed the regret after not believing a single word. Then, at the age of 8, at the age of 8, Lee Gon stared at Jeong Tae-eul's ID card and said, “Is there here? After recalling the time when I found the reason for his miserable existence that day, why did I survive? ”Towards jeongtae,“ Is there any reason in my world for my feet to be tied?

After that, Lee Gon went out to follow Kang Tae-Jae (Kyung-Nam Kim) and was rejected and refused, “Why leave me? “I only know you in this world,” he said. But Jung Tae-eul said, “You act like a person who knows me, but I don't know you. "Why do you know me?" In response, Lee Gon reaffirmed the identity card of someone who had been spilled 25 years ago, and made the identity of the public unsettled by revealing that it was November 11, 2019.

In continued Lee's incredible words, Jung Tae-eul said, “Hey, Kim Gae-tung. You said, "This is a delusion." However, Lee Gon suddenly said that he was still single and said, “I just made a very important decision. Theodolite. I will greet you as my empress. You just became the reason. This is the reason why my feet are tied to the world. ” The confident Igon and “Oh what? I thought I was only half crazy, and now, are all these crazy cubs?

Meanwhile, the new SBS gilt drama "The King-Lord of Eternity" is broadcast every Friday and Saturday at 10 PM.

Credit: https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20200419082125204

• Like 6

MYM IG update

The 'Advanced Straight Romance' is a 70-minute net. The second episode of Lee Gon's visit to Korea is depicted, and the top of the scene is settled with an unprecedented proposal! Thank you for your bombing.. We look forward to the charm of Emperor Lee Gon, and we will be together for the 3rd and 4th time next week!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Ep 2 ratings are disappointing - 8.4 and 11.6. I’d love to know how many people are watching on Netflix instead of SBS. 

It’s so odd-it was trending on twitter worldwide yesterday- his IG account is over 13 million now and going up daily so the interest is definitely there.

Anyone any ideas about this?

Please don't be too disheartened @Lindyloo421.  Internationally, I'm more confident it will be a hit.  You can tell by this thread and the drama thread how popular it is.  Korea--I don't know; they may have totally different taste.  I want your experience to be a positive one.  Why don't you join our netflix party tomorrow?  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Please don't be too disheartened @Lindyloo421.  Internationally, I'm more confident it will be a hit.  You can tell by this thread and the drama thread how popular it is.  Korea--I don't know; they may have totally different taste.  I want your experience to be a positive one.  Why don't you join our netflix party tomorrow?  

@Lindyloo421....don't be disheartened just as what @CarolynH has said. lets enjoy the moment and we shouldn't distract ourselves from the negative comments ( i know its easy to be said than done :w00t:). Apparently this all common at the start of all k-dramas so lets just wait it will pick up soon...we know for a fact that our hallyu king is definitely back and he has dominated social media presence again. 

• Like 9