Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 7/30/2024 at 7:51 PM, Kris Silva said:

I bought myself a ticket ! LMH better be there! lol. Who else is going ?

How was it?  You were there for the event, right?  Share your experience.

Wow! just watched episode 1 and LMH really delivered. I discovered him in 2019 through BBF, and i couldn't believe that i would be watching him in an American Produced drama on Apple TV. 

Anybody watched ep 1? what do ya'll think?

As a LMH fan, i am super proud of him.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, scrawford said:

Wow! just watched episode 1 and LMH really delivered. I discovered him in 2019 through BBF, and i couldn't believe that i would be watching him in an American Produced drama on Apple TV. 

Anybody watched ep 1? what do ya'll think?

As a LMH fan, i am super proud of him.

@scrawford  It's an amazing episode and honestly, I’m glad they are staggering it. I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire episode! The 1st EP makes me emotional. Many themes of this show really hit hard. I am so fascinated by the history as well. The 1st EP has a good pacing and the acting. The kid who plays Mozasu is a gem. I am sure we will see a lot more of him in the future. He is so cute. The drama is just compelling. My only complaint was the picture isn’t as sharp  like first season.   :kaching3:

18 hours ago, CallieP said:

I am waiting until all the episodes are released.

@CarolynH Is Sharisma a drink?

Both LMH and KMH look so cute together in NYC.  Think they make a good pair or she is too young?

@CallieP  Yes, it's a sachet drink vitamins- It's a dietary supplement for skin care. I've tried it and it's delicious. It's no sugar, no cholesterol and fat-free.   :heart2:

Kim Min Ha is younger than Lee Min Ho.   :kaching1:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

‘Pachinko’ season 2 about characters’ growth, emotions

20240823050507_0.jpg

Apple TV+’s Korean original series “Pachinko” has returned with the new second season narrating the internal growth of the characters and their portrayal of a range of emotions, the show’s main actors said Friday.

Based on Korean American author Min Jin Lee’s bestselling novel of the same name, the period drama chronicles the life of a Korean family spanning four generations, who moved to Japan in the early 1900s. The second season continues to depict the life of Sunja (Kim Min-ha), a Korean woman born to a poor family in Busan who struggles to settle in Osaka, Japan, following World War II.

The eight-part first season that ended in April 2022 received rave reviews globally for presenting a universal story of immigrants and their cultural identity.

Since the show boasts multinational production and various backdrops, “Pachinko” actors had to speak Korean, English and Japanese, as well as seven other regional dialects including those of Jeju Island, Osaka, Tokyo and more.

20240823050508_0.jpg

Youn, who stars as an older version of Sunja, a Zainichi Korean who represents the painful history of Korea as an ethnic Korean who is a permanent resident of Japan, said acting in Japanese was “painful.”

“It was painful. I never intended to speak less perfect Japanese in the show. Not because my character was a Zainichi Korean, but, because I just couldn’t speak perfect Japanese, my character speaks less than perfect Japanese. I tried to memorize Japanese lines as if were memorizing the multiplication table,” Youn told reporters during a press conference held Friday in Seoul. She jokingly added that she would not film a third season if she had to act in Japanese again.

Lee Min-ho, who plays Han-su, speaks Korean, English, Japanese and other Korean regional dialects like Jeju Island dialect.

“When you’re on set, you hear Japanese lines coming into your right ear, English lines into your left ear and you see someone speaking in Korean in front of you. At one point I felt as if I had lost my identity. But it was also a project in which I felt the true power of language. My experience has been that whether I can immerse myself into a certain culture or emotions depends on the language I speak, something that naturally happened,” Lee told reporters.

He added that the show portrays the life of people who are shunned by society.

“While the first season was about people trying to survive, the second season is about their lives, settling into a real life.

Han-su (Lee’s character) shows growth as a human being,” Lee said.

20240823050509_0.jpg

In the second season, Lee and Kim Min-ha portray paternal and maternal love, showing many layers of emotions that the actors themselves have not experienced.

“Instead of approaching fatherhood as something with detailed emotions, I tried to act the character by focusing on concepts like blood and family, something that is more instinctive,” Lee added.

Kim Min-ha, who plays a younger version of Sunja, said playing the role of a mother with two sons gave her deep thoughts.

“Because the second season features Sunja as a mother and her relationship with her children, I thought more deeply about the family, motherhood and overall relationships in life. I asked my mom and my grandmother why they would love me. They simply answered ‘It is because it’s you,’” Kim told reporters.

The second season of "Pachinko" consists of eight episodes, which will start airing on Aug. 23. A new episode will be released each week on Apple TV+ until Oct. 11.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240823050514

• Like 2

*** "Pachinko 2" is pretty distinct in the streaming space. i'm just hoping the producer didn't add more characters and scenarios that didn't exist in the book. Noh Sang-hyun was really great in his role and I was sad he didn't get a bigger role. I was asking myself - Will I watch? No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. After all the episodes have dropped. But, sigh........ I just can't wait! I didn't really know Anna Sawai until S2. I hope she'll have a little more screen time this season. She is a made up character in Pachinko - her storyline is not in the book. I love the book.   :piggydance:

• Like 1

*** I'm happy for Lee Min Ho to land one of the male leads in this cast prestige drama and also get a broader global audience. He looks so fine during the presscon. I think Lee Min Ho can look as HOT as he wants when he wants. Aging happens, and he doesn't look like flower boys anymore, he just needs to take care of himself.   :biubiu:

• Like 1

*** On August 23, Lee Minho and Kim Min Ha had an interview about the upcoming season two of the series at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas in Gangnam-gu, Seoul. Here, Lee Min Ho talked about how Lee Jung Jae motivates him. "Lee Jung Jae is the actor I've been talking to the most lately.", said Lee Min Ho. "He always tells me I'm a talented actor and should keep working on projects without having a gap between them. He brings it up and scolds me about it whenever we grab a drink together. When he tells me something like that, I feel motivated. He's always like, 'You're a good actor. Therefore, it's important to keep pushing yourself without pause.'. Getting those comments from a sunbae actor I respect is very motivating. Lee Jung Jae and I don't talk about big things. We usually discuss the importance of having the right attitude rather than how to expand into bigger markets. In my case, I'm willing to participate in any project with a good story, regardless of the country. I don't care about the role's size or how much screen time I get. I've been looking through various scripts with an open mind." When asked about the lengthy gap between his last project and this one, which has raised concerns among his fans, Lee Minho sighed and said, "I know, right? The previous one took a long time to complete, with a filming process that lasted a year. I happened to constantly choose large-scale projects that take a long time to finish. I didn't want to take a break this year. I was eager to jump into the next project as soon as the shooting of 'Pachinko' wrapped up. However, I guess I'll have to take a break at least until the latter part of this year. We're already there, though."   :omg:

201976689_700.webp

source : SBS Star

• Like 3

10 most popular K-drama male actors leading the game right now

From romantic heroes to action stars, these male leads lead the K-drama games.

K-dramas have taken the world by storm, and a big part of their charm lies in their unforgettable male leads. These characters, with their charisma, depth, and often heartwarming stories, have captured the hearts of fans everywhere. 

Whether the tender hero, the charming and witty CEO, or the loyal and protective friend, each male lead brings something unique to the screen. 

In this article, we’ll explore the 10 most popular K-drama male leads who have left a lasting impression on viewers. From their iconic roles to the actors’ stellar performances, these characters have become household names and continue to be adored by fans. So, get ready to swoon as we dive into the world of K-dramas' most impressive male leads!

3. Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho, known for his role in The King: Eternal Monarch, is a top favorite among K-drama fans. He's handsome and has a cool way of acting. He's great at playing love stories and being a hero. 

Whether he's a king or a brave fighter, Lee Min Ho always makes people want to watch. His acting is amazing and keeps fans excited. It's easy to see why everyone loves him in K-dramas!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvRB31frJw-/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=60b2a321-adbb-4207-b3da-c850679a9d03

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-most-popular-k-drama-male-actors-leading-the-game-right-now-byeon-woo-seok-kim-soo-hyun-lee-min-ho-and-more-1342500

• Like 1

*** During an interview, Young Yuh Jung revealed that co-actor Jin Ha is very talented as he can handle English and Korean along with Japanese. Jin Ha does not speak Japanese and hence Youn Yuh Jung commended him for his effort and talent. She added that while he can memorize the Japanese dialogues, she has a hard time with them. She jokingly said that if Pachinko 3 has Japanese dialogues, she'd like to sit out. “I told them if they give me more Japanese lines in Season 3, I won’t do it. I memorized them like multiplication tables. It was terrible. The smaller the role and the fewer the scenes, the better. I like small roles. I don’t have the energy to work more.”  :glee:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240823132802952?f=m

• Like 3

*** I think the relationship between Seon-ja and Han-su in season 2 is getting more mature and deeper as time goes by. I think the young love between Seon-ja and Han-su ended in the first season. Anyway, they are both parents now. They have a son called Noah. The conversation between the two has changed a lot, and the relationship has become deeper, which is the key to watch. Seon-ja and Han-su became parents and talked to each other like old friends at the end. The scene was very emotional and nice. I loved it.    :getmygrooveon:

• Like 3

Season 2 of 'Pachinko' embraces untold stories from a traumatic time: Cast

From left, actors Lee Min-ho, Kim Min-ha, Youn Yuh-jung, Kim Sung-kyu and Jung Eun-chae pose for a photo during a press conference for the second season of Apple TV+'s series ″Pachinko″ held in Gangnam District, southern Seoul, on Friday. [YONHAP]

From left, actors Lee Min-ho, Kim Min-ha, Youn Yuh-jung, Kim Sung-kyu and Jung Eun-chae pose for a photo during a press conference for the second season of Apple TV+'s series ″Pachinko″ held in Gangnam District, southern Seoul, on Friday. [YONHAP]

The power of the Apple TV+ series "Pachinko" lies not only in the compelling characters and plot but also in the untold histories lived by real people, according to the second season's cast.

“The series holds great significance by spotlighting the stories of those who lived through historical moments while being overlooked and unnoticed,” actor Lee Min-ho said during a press conference for the series’ second season held in Gangnam District, southern Seoul, on Friday, the same day of the season’s first episode’s release.

Based on Korean-American author Lee Min-jin's best-selling 2017 novel of the same name, “Pachinko” revolves around the story of four generations of Koreans in Japan, known as Zainichi Koreans. Zainichi Koreans have faced severe discrimination in Japanese society and endured limitations in their livelihood, with operating a pachinko parlor — filled with vertical pinball machines mainly used for gambling — one of the few options left to them.  

The series’ second season will continue to revolve around Sun-ja and her family and begins in 1945, seven years after from where the first season left off. The first season, released in 2022, concluded with Sun-ja seeking out her husband Isak, who Japanese police had arrested.  

A still from the second season of Apple TV+'s series ″Pachinko″ [APPLE TV+]

The series’ first season garnered major global recognition, winning the Best Foreign Language Series at the Critics Choice Awards and the Breakthrough Series — Long Format awards at the Gotham Independent Film Awards in 2023 and 2022, respectively.  

Directed by Leanne Welham, Arvin Chen, and Lee Sang-il, the series features actors like Youn Yuh-jung, Kim Min-ha, Lee Min-ho, and Jung Eun-chae, who appeared in the first season, as well as Kim Sung-kyu, who joined in the second season.  

The actors heard real stories from real Zainichi Koreans, as several real-life Zainichi Koreans participated in the series, including Soji Arai, whose Korean name is Park So-hee, and director Lee Sang-il.

Youn admitted she cried a lot when hearing Zainichi stories from Arai, who played the older version of Sun-ja’s son Mozasu.

"I was grateful to have the opportunity to learn the untold stories of history and to realize how little we knew about their lives,” Youn said. “I learned a lot during the shoot about things beyond what we study in history class.”

Kim Min-ha also shared her story with director Lee, which shows the series’ significance toward Zainichi Koreans.  

“While we were moving sets, I bumped into director Lee and jokingly said, ‘Don’t give up on me,’” Kim Min-ha said. “However, he replied, ‘I won't let go of this story because it's also my story too,’ which made me emotional.”

The second season starts from a different point of view from its previous one, according to Lee Min-ho.  

Spoiler

“If season one was the survival story of people who lost their nation, season two captures the narrative of people living through the situation,” the actor said.  

The complicated relationship between Sun-ja, played by Kim Min-ha, and her teenage love interest Koh Han-su, played by Lee Min-ho, continues and even gets more complex, according to the actors.  

“In season two, the relationship between the two becomes more complex as [Sun-ja herself] wonders about her feelings for Han-su,” Kim Min-ha said, describing Han-su as an “encyclopedia” for Sun-ja, as he was the one who showed her the world for the first time. “She wants him out of her life while thinking about him daily.”  

She added, “She also tries to push him away, but in reality, she needs him to survive.”  

Actor Lee Min-ho also acknowledged that his character's way of loving was wrong, saying, “If Han-su lived today, I believe he wouldn’t have heard anything good.”

In the series, Han-su harbors a strong desire for Sun-ja, despite her being married to another man, and an obsession over her and Noa, who was born between the two.

“I heard fans call Han-su ‘Haebaregi,’” Lee Min-ho said laughing. Haebaregi is a combination of the Korean word haebaragi, or sunflower, and sseuregi, or trash, referring to Han-su’s wrong but steadfast love toward Sun-ja.

The series showcases three different languages — Korean, Japanese, and English — which offered the actors a new and refreshing experience, as well as hardships.

“When shooting, I could hear Japanese on my left, English on my right, and Korean in the front,” Lee Min-ho said. “This situation was so confusing that I felt like I was losing my identity, which made me question if this was what immersed me more in my role.”

Actor Youn expressed her difficulties with her Japanese lines, as she had to interpret the emotions conveyed in the lines in Korean to deliver them thoroughly, which made her resentful. Regarding this, she joked that if season three is to be made, "start without me.”

According to Lee Min-ho, the new season will also depict various depictions of love. “While season one’s narrative was like a dry and barren field, in the second season, almost all the characters are in love.”  

“I believe that the series will allow viewers to rethink the importance and strength of love and the motivation it gives throughout our lives,” he added.  

The second season consists of eight episodes, each released every Friday. The first episode premiered on Aug. 23.  

BY KIM JI-YE [kim.jiye@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-08-25/entertainment/television/Season-2-of-Pachinko-embraces-untold-stories-from-a-traumatic-time-Cast/2119994

• Like 3