Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

https://malaysiansnews.com/entertainment/countdown-begins-pachinko-season-2-release-date-teaser-arrives/

Countdown Begins: Pachinko Season 2 Release Date Teaser Arrives

Lee-Min-Ho.jpg

“Pachinko,” the exciting K-drama with Lee Min Ho and Kim Min Ha, has kept fans snared since it began.

Everybody is truly waiting because they’re going to let us know when Season 2 emerges. 

After watching Season 1, everybody needed more, particularly to see what occurs close to Sunja and her loved ones.

Pachinko Season 2

Lee Min Ho is a big star in South Korea. He’s been in the entertainment world for over a decade and has fans from one side of the planet to the other. Individuals have been standing by energetically to see him in another show.

In 2022, Lee Min Ho was in a cool series on Apple television called “Pachinko.” It was a success, and everybody cherished it. Individuals figured Lee Min Ho worked effectively, and it showed how great an actor he is. 

Presently, Apple Television has implied that they will let us know when Season 2 of “Pachinko” will emerge. Fans are really amped up for this news. They’ve been standing by to find out when they can see their favorite characters once more.

For Lee Min Ho’s fans, this is truly energizing. They love watching him act since he’s so great at it, and individuals all around the world love him for it.

Pachinko Season 2 Release Date and Teaser 

Fans have been restlessly waiting for any report about Season 2. Their energy went through the rooftop when Apple Television indicated by releasing that they’d uncover the delivery date soon.

The huge reveal is set for May 31, 2024, so fans are enthusiastically counting the hours. They’re really eager to find out when they can watch Season 2 and see what occurs next in the “Pachinko” story.

Individuals are now speculating about what Season 2 will be like. Will Sunja and her family face new difficulties? How might the characters change? There are so many inquiries, and fans can hardly hold on to find solutions.

With Lee Min Ho and Kim Min Ha leading the cast, everybody knows Season 2 will be a blockbuster. Fans can hardly stand by to plunge once more into the universe of “Pachinko” and see what experiences anticipate.

• Like 6

Pachinko’ Sets Season 2 Premiere Date, Unveils First-Look Photos & Main Title Sequence

We’re getting a first look and premiere date for the second season of Apple TV+‘s Pachinko, based on Min Jin Lee’s bestselling multigenerational novel. The eight-episode Season 2 will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on Friday, August 23 with one episode, followed by one episode weekly every Friday through October 11. The streamer unveiled several first-look photos for the upcoming season, as well the main title sequence.

Told in three languages – Korean, Japanese and English – Pachinko, from Media Res, is a sweeping and deeply moving story of love and survival across four generations. Season two stars Lee Minho, Minha Kim, Anna Sawai, Yuh-Jung Youn, Jin Ha, Eunchae Jung, Soji Arai, Junwoo Han, and Sungkyu Kim. 

Pachinko‘s first season received eleven international awards including a Peabody Award, an American Film Institute Award, a Critics Choice Award and a Gotham Independent Film Award.

Pachinko is created and written by Soo Hugh who serves as executive producer alongside Media Res’ Michael Ellenberg and Lindsey Springer, and Theresa Kang for Blue Marble Pictures. Season two is directed by Leanne Welham, Arvin Chen, and Sang-il Lee.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://deadline.com/2024/05/pachinko-season-2-premiere-date-photos-trailer-1235944859/

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

"Pachinko" Announces Season 2 Premiere Date

20240530230217_Pachinko-2.jpg?s=900x600&

Mark your calendars for Season 2 of “Pachinko”!

On May 31, Apple TV+ officially announced that the award-winning series would be returning with its long-awaited second season on August 23.

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee, “Pachinko” is a multi-generational saga of war and peace, love and separation, and victory and judgment that spans Korea, Japan, and the United States.

Season 2 will consist of eight episodes, which will be released one at a time each week starting from August 23 until October 11.

This season, actor Kim Sung Kyu will be joining Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Min Ho, and Kim Min Ha in the show’s star-studded cast.

Are you excited for the return of “Pachinko”?

credit : soompi news

• Like 4

ORV wrap party

LMH hugging little Noa kills me :heart:  I was surprised that LMH danced more!  I think he's friends with Jin Ha,; maybe the latter showed LMH some moves.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

‘Pachinko’ Confirms Season 2 Release in August, Unveils Preview Pictures and Main Title Sequence

pachinko-season-2-cast.jpg

Pachinko has confirmed its Season 2 release on August 23rd and unveiled the preview pictures and main title sequence.

Warmly encapsulating a grand narrative, Pachinko is a story that begins with forbidden love and paints an unforgettable chronicle of war and peace, love and separation, victory and judgment, spanning Korea, Japan, and the United States.

The series depicts the hopes and dreams of a Korean immigrant family forced to leave their homeland during a time of oppression in a four-generation chronicle. It will unveil its highly anticipated Season 2 on August 23rd to much anticipation.

pachinko-season-2-cast_.jpg

Season 2 will once again bring together the main cast of Season 1, including Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Min Ho, and Kim Min Ha. Kim Sung Kyu, who has proven his acting prowess through the films The Outlaws, Hansan: Rising Dragon, and Noryang: Deadly Sea, will join the cast as a new face. In addition, Jin Ha, Jung Eun Chae, Anna Sawai, Han Jun Woo and Arai Soji, who all delivered captivating performances in Season 1, will also be returning for Season 2.

Season 2 of Pachinko, which has received rave reviews from critics and viewers worldwide as the most Korean story ever, will consist of a total of 8 episodes. Starting with the release of the first episode on August 23rd, one episode will be released every Friday until October 11th on Apple TV Plus.

Source: Apple TV

• Like 5

*** Mark your calendars for the premiere of the first episode of "Pachinko 2 on August 23rd. The same, the drama will be covering three languages—Korean, English, and Japanese— The series unveiled its inaugural title sequence, commencing with flashback imagery reminiscent of historical wartime and lives people lead during those times. The sequence then smoothly transitions to cast members, engaging in a lively dance which first starts out black and white and then changes into a backdrop of golden retro aesthetics.   :happydance:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7m17LGBR-B/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=546f06c1-a93b-46a5-97e6-808ffefa2009

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

@gtLmh0622  thanks for sharing the movie's wrap-up party. Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint filming has finally reached its end, the long days of efforts and hard work. Soon, we will be seen Lee Min Ho going to promotional events around the country. Previously, the director of the film, mentioned that he was expecting it to be released next year (2025) during the summer.   :kicks:

• Like 4

Second season of epic drama 'Pachinko' to premiere on Apple TV+ in August

Youn Yuh-jung, left, dancing with Jin Ha, right, on the release date announcement YouTube video announcing the second season of ″Pachinko." [APPLE TV+]

Youn Yuh-jung, left, dancing with Jin Ha, right, on the release date announcement YouTube video announcing the second season of ″Pachinko." [APPLE TV+]

The second season of Apple TV+ series “Pachinko" is set to premiere on Aug. 23, the streaming platform announced Friday.

“Pachinko” season 2 consists of eight episodes, which will be released weekly on Apple TV+ through Oct. 11.

The main cast members from the first season, including Youn Yuh-jung, Lee Min-ho, Jin Ha, Jung Eun-chae, Anna Sawai, Han Jun-woo, Soji Arai and Kim Min-ha, are expected to return in the new season. New to the cast is Kim Sung-kyu, known for his roles in films like “The Outlaws” (2017), “Hansan: Rising Dragon” (2022) and “Noryang: Deadly Sea” (2023). His role in "Pachinko" has not been revealed yet.

The first season of “Pachinko” depicted an epic narrative that spanned from early 1900s Korea to Japan and the United States. It alternated between the life of young Sunja, played by Kim Min-ha, who chose to become a stranger in a foreign land to live with dignity, and the life of the elderly Sunja, played by Youn, who firmly established her roots in an unfamiliar country.

The season concluded with Sunja seeking out her husband Isak, played by Noh Sang-hyun, who had been arrested by Japanese police.

Released footage from the upcoming season of ″Pachinko″ [APPLE TV+]

Released footage from the upcoming season of ″Pachinko″ [APPLE TV+]

“Pachinko” received critical acclaim, winning the Best Foreign Language Series at the Critics Choice Awards and the Breakthrough Series – Long Format awards at the Gotham Independent Film Awards, in 2023 and 2022, respectively. 

Executive producers for the second season of “Pachinko” include Soo Hugh, who also serves as the writer, Michael Ellenberg and Lindsey Springer from production company Media Res and Theresa Kang from studio Blue Marble Pictures. Directors for the season include Leanne Welham, Arvin Chen and Lee Sang-il. This season of “Pachinko” will be produced in Korean, Japanese and English, like the first one.  

The first season of “Pachinko” is currently available on Apple TV+.

BY KIM MIN-YOUNG [kim.minyoung5@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-05-31/entertainment/television/Second-season-of-epic-drama-Pachinko-to-premiere-on-Apple-TV-in-August/2058995

• Like 5

"Pachinko Season 2″ releases in August with even richer plot

3QUSUYSYHXH25HMQTIZBN3LB7E.jpg

Season 2 of “Pachinko” is set to premiere on Aug. 23.

The American drama television series “Pachinko” tenderly depicts a grand-scale storyline that starts with forbidden love and spans Korea, Japan, and the US. It paints a vivid picture of conflict and harmony, love and loneliness, triumph and judgment. Over four generations, the story follows the aspirations and dreams of a Korean immigrant family forced to flee their homeland due to oppression.

Key characters from Season 1 will return in Season 2, including Lee Min-ho who perfectly transformed into the character Hansu; Kim Min-ha who made a big impression with her powerful performance as a newcomer; and Youn Yuh-jung whose performance anchored the series. Joining the cast is Kim Sung-kyu, known for his outstanding roles in movies such as “The Outlaws,” “Hansan: Rising Dragon,” and “Noryang: Deadly Sea.” Season 2 will also see the return of Jin Ha, Jung Eun-chae, Han Jun-woo, Anna Sawai, and Soji Arai, all of whom delivered outstanding performances in Season 1. “Pachinko” Season 2 consists of eight episodes, with the first airing on August 23 and new episodes dropping weekly on Apple TV+ until October 11.

With its universal themes of family, love, triumph, destiny, and overcoming adversity, the drama’s first season resonated with viewers worldwide. It reveals a vast story set in early 1900s Korea, moving to Japan and the US. The story deftly switches between the teenage Sunja (Kim Min-ha), who chooses to live with dignity as a stranger in a foreign place, and the older Sunja (Youn Yuh-jung), who firmly establishes herself in a strange land over the years, leaving a lasting impression.

“Pachinko” Season 1 won numerous awards, including Best Foreign-Language Series at the US Critics Choice Awards and the US Gotham Award for Breakthrough Series - Long Form.

Furthermore, it received a 100% “fresh” rating on Rotten Tomatoes upon release, with critics hailing it as “one of the best works of 2022,” “an immersive, heart-wrenching, must-see story,” and a “masterpiece.” With Season 1 ending with Sunja searching for Isak (Noh Sang-hyun), who had been taken into custody by Japanese police, all eyes are on the new narratives to be explored in Season 2.

Season 2 of “Pachinko” promises an unusual plot, spearheaded by creator and writer Soo Hugh, with executive producers Michael Ellenberg and Lindsey Springer from Media Res and Theresa Kang from Blue Marble Pictures.

Directors for this season include Lee Sang-il, Justin Chon, and Leanne Welham. Like Season 1, “Pachinko” Season 2 will be produced in Korean, Japanese, and English.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

https://www.chosun.com/english/kpop-culture-en/2024/05/31/IPGU5243FBABVPUSDL37T4LK2I/

• Like 6

Flaws and All: Red Flag Male Lead Characters in K-dramas

1715956720-t.jpg

K-drama’s male lead characters often stand out as romantic heroes, winning hearts with their charisma, handsome looks, and idealized persona of the perfect boyfriend. Yet, not all of them are flawless. Numerous K-dramas feature male leads who exhibit red-flag behaviors, adding complexity and depth to the storytelling.

Gu Jun-pyo from “Boys Over Flowers”

1715956830-bof.jpg

Gu Jun-pyo, the popular male lead in the hit series “Boys Over Flowers,” is a rich bully who takes everything and everyone for granted. His relentless bickering and bullying of the female lead, forcing her to obey his every demand, makes him a major red flag.

source : allkpop

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Just an idea--Apple TV is not cheap, especially when most of us are subscribed to 1 or more streaming services.  I just saw that my credit card is offering Apple gift cards for 10% off and I can use my points to "buy" it.  Hopefully, I remember--haha bc I tend to wait to buy thing until the last day. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

26 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Just an idea--Apple TV is not cheap, especially when most of us are subscribed to 1 or more streaming services.  I just saw that my credit card is offering Apple gift cards for 10% off and I can use my points to "buy" it.  Hopefully, I remember--haha bc I tend to wait to buy thing until the last day. 

@CarolynH  thanks for sharing this. Actually, Apple tv is overpriced to what it actually offers and sometimes I think it's just not worth it. That's why, I tried to find some more streaming devices that upscale better. You pay 2x the price or more for an Apple TV. But, I realized that compared it to Netflix Apple TV+ is significantly cheaperWhat I like about Apple TV is It only has one pricing plan that gives you full access to the entire streaming library. There aren't any ads nor are there any hidden fees or optional add-ons for subscribers to pay for. Netflix has multiple pricing plans. And what I noticed is it opens streaming apps much quicker than other popular streaming services.   :kitty:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, willenette said:

@CarolynH  thanks for sharing this. Actually, Apple tv is overpriced to what it actually offers and sometimes I think it's just not worth it. That's why, I tried to find some more streaming devices that upscale better. You pay 2x the price or more for an Apple TV. But, I realized that compared it to Netflix Apple TV+ is significantly cheaperWhat I like about Apple TV is It only has one pricing plan that gives you full access to the entire streaming library. There aren't any ads nor are there any hidden fees or optional add-ons for subscribers to pay for. Netflix has multiple pricing plans. And what I noticed is it opens streaming apps much quicker than other popular streaming services.   :kitty:

I have just had my reminder for Apple and was shocked to 

see it had gone up to £89 (113 US dollars) Last year it was £69 so

that’s quite an increase. As well as  Pachinko there are a lot of other series

that I like so I don’t begrudge it too much! What with Apple and Viki and Netflix  it costs quite a sum to follow LMH! Hopefully Ask the Stars will

go to one of these 3. 
Hope you all have a good weekend.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 7:22 PM, Lindyloo421 said:

I have just had my reminder for Apple and was shocked to 

see it had gone up to £89 (113 US dollars) Last year it was £69 so

that’s quite an increase. As well as  Pachinko there are a lot of other series

that I like so I don’t begrudge it too much! What with Apple and Viki and Netflix  it costs quite a sum to follow LMH! Hopefully Ask the Stars will

go to one of these 3. 
Hope you all have a good weekend.

@Lindyloo421  Netflix will exclusively stream the series so there's no need to search for platforms to watch this anticipated Kdrama aside from tvN. Apple TV supports two of the best Korean drama channels with the best selection of shows, Viki and AsianCrush while they have also started producing Korean series just like Netflix since 2021.   :kitty: