Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

43kHqb6.gif

pk3TigT.gif

Spoiler

I'm loving Yoon Sung's kickass character here. Oohh, that muddy fight scene...I'm glad there's a lot of such scenes to look forward to, which show off our bb's hot physique and badass moves.

I like how the story builds up the relationship of Lee Yoon Sung and Kim Nana. They look good together, and their interactions are rather cute and amusing. I like Nana's kickass character, too. No wonder that on their car ride, she got Yoon Sung staring at her in the rearview mirror. Haha.

I also like the scene at the blue house, when Yoon Sung recognized Nana. As well as the scene when he was teasing her about her first kiss. Oh, I just like it when he does those "teasing" scenes. It brings out those boyish grins which makes we want to watch them over and over. :D

4sCzBrk.gif

• Like 11

LMH's new Instagram followers per day has doubled to 11k, since his upload of 3 photos on March 15.

His new followers for March has doubled to 250k, compared to 120k in February.

A year from now, his total followers may reach 10 million.

All these with only 52 posts and 1 following.

The power of the Hallyu King! :D

8tUQ5kN.png

aS8bErS.png

svVZRqW.png

Spoiler

x3zDk5z.png

nn3XClw.png

source: socialblade.com

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, syntyche said:

I'm loving Yoon Sung's kickass character here. Oohh, that muddy fight scene...I'm glad there's a lot of such scenes to look forward to, which show off our bb's hot physique and badass moves.

Oh, I just like it when he does those "teasing" scenes. It brings out those boyish grins which makes we want to watch them over and over. :D

Agreed, Syntyche. Is this your first time watching CH? I don't remember. 

Watching the BTS of LMH practicing his fight scenes especially the ones in the mud, you have to give him credit for making the fight scenes so authentic.He really kicked high and he fell body down into the mud hard. You have to think it hurt. It looked so good and you can see it was real not special effects. He looked so lithe jumping over the window and jumping up high in the mud to kick his opponents. I don't think any other actor can beat him at fighting skills after just a few months of practicing. I know there are other K-actors that have fighting skills but they learned the skills for many years whether judo or taekwando, etc but LMH could do such a good job after a few months of training. I think the BTS made me very impressed with his hard work and dedication to his art.

Yes, I did like the coupling of PMY and LMH. They make a good pair.

Also just love his boyish grins and smiles in the episode.

• Like 8

cr:  as tagged

I thought this Japanese MC was funny, especially when they discussed his dancing and mustache.

Spoiler

CITY HUNTER EPISODE 2

Thanks Kris for posting the recap and everyone for your comments!

One thing about Kim naNa is at least she tries to earn money to pay for her father's hospital bills rather than looking for a hand out. The judo training between the IT dept and Security dept is just cute.  Why does the IT dept need to know judo?   Woo hoo LMH nekkid!  the scars of LYS's back shows how tough his training has been.  Kim NaNa has a bright personality despite losing her parents.  Hmm, is Kim NaNa intrigued by LYS already when she looks at the clock wondering if he needs a designated driver?  Boy LMh sure had it rough in this episode being slapped then thrown around a couple times by Kim NaNa.  So funny when Kim NaNa is teaching LYS the  single arm shoulder throw, he's totally smiling.  I guess his instinct kicked in when he took Kim NaNa down.  The love triangle between LYS, Kim Young Jo and Kim NaNa begins.  

I agree with everyone that LMH looked very good physically in CH (and as @CallieP pointed out in that wetsuit in Heirs).  He has the long lanky body like a swimmer or runner.  

I think my pet bird, Belle Belle, has a thing for LMH.  She started making kissing sounds over and over and was fixated watching the video below.

cr:  as tagged.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, CallieP said:

Agreed, Syntyche. Is this your first time watching CH? I don't remember. 

Watching the BTS of LMH practicing his fight scenes especially the ones in the mud, you have to give him credit for making the fight scenes so authentic.He really kicked high and he fell body down into the mud hard. You have to think it hurt. It looked so good and you can see it was real not special effects. He looked so lithe jumping over the window and jumping up high in the mud to kick his opponents. I don't think any other actor can beat him at fighting skills after just a few months of practicing. I know there are other K-actors that have fighting skills but they learned the skills for many years whether judo or taekwando, etc but LMH could do such a good job after a few months of training. I think the BTS made me very impressed with his hard work and dedication to his art.

Hi @CallieP, this is my first time watching CH. But I see snippets of his CH fight scenes around, so I'm looking forward to seeing those, in context with the story.

I am also in awe at the BTS of his fight scenes. He really did those scenes himself. I think it helped that he is athletic and into sports (as what he mentioned in the video posted by @CarolynH), but yes, it would be quite hard to learn those fighting skills, especially for film or tv, since aside from the techniques, they also have to consider the art of executing/"choreography" for the screen.

Speaking of the video above, the MC was teasing him about his outfit. In CH episode 2, I noticed similar outfits, with rather low necklines. :tongue:

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I think my pet bird, Belle Belle, has a thing for LMH.  She started making kissing sounds over and over and was fixated watching the video below.

Haha, Belle Belle is cute! And has such good taste! 

I can't help but rewatch this video. LMH is really multi-talented...he sings live! And very well at that. All those dancing and jumping are quite hard to do together with live singing, so other actors who are not really singers by profession, would opt to do lip-syncing during live shows. But not our bb! It's a joy to watch him enjoy entertaining his fans.

• Like 6

On 4/1/2018 at 7:37 PM, CarolynH said:

That is so cute. Tell Belle Belle to join the club. Try playing the video again another time and see if she does the same thing again. If so you will know that she has become a fan. :lol::D

13 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hi @CallieP, this is my first time watching CH. But I see snippets of his CH fight scenes around, so I'm looking forward to seeing those, in context with the story.

You will love CH. He is really good in this drama. You will have a lot to look forward too. His fight scenes, his acting, his charm, etc.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2018 at 11:03 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

Sorry, I don't know what is 本貫 and the exact means of clan, so I translated  본관 to Chinese and found that is 籍貫.
In the early years, 籍貫 means the place your ancestors came from. For example, although I was born in Taipei, but my 籍貫 was Zhejiang Province in China. But now my ID card just show that Taipei is the place where I was born. 籍貫 is not important any more.
It seems SK is the same, the place you born is your 본관 / 籍貫 /
clan. LMH was born in Seoul in Wikipedia, and LMH's profile on the following website shows that : 籍贯:首尔 (Seoul) . I didn't remember I had seen that he mentioned about where his ancestors came from.

http://star.yule.com.cn/4231/

Hi gtLmh,  I would say that this is a matter of “cultural” identity, rather than biological. I would say that if you grew up in South Korea, speak Korean as your first language, and identify culturally with Korean society, then you are Korean. If part of your ancestry is Chinese, then you are a Korean with some genetic overlap with other ethnic groups from northeast Asia, like millions of other Koreans, and many in northern China. Example - The fact that your father is Chinese and mother is Korean means you are clearly mixed Chinese-Korean by blood, as the usual phraseology goes. Not sure how China works, but by Korean law and tradition, because your father is Chinese you are a part of his family “clan” and therefore “Chinese.” But strictly in terms of “ethnicity” - which, yes, is a problematic word and concept - you are half and half. hahaha - Now, in terms of nationality, you are South Korean by default because you were born on South Korean soil. You’d have the same rights as any other South Korean citizen and are beholden to South Korean law. You would be given a South Korean passport & be eligible to vote in South Korean elections. Ethnicity is decided strictly on the ethnic backgrounds of your parents and ancestors. Because your father is Chinese and your mother Korean, you are half of both. In terms of which family you belong to, by tradition in both Korea and China, you belong to your father’s Chinese family. In terms of nationality, because you were born in Korea, you are a Korean citizen. I hope I don't make you confused of my post - LOL :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update this week!! 

수고했어, 오늘도
Date 2018. 04. 04

봄 내음 가득한 꽃피는 4월이야!

민호가 훈련소에 입소한지도 어느덧 3주차!!
이번 주말이면 디데이 숫자 앞자리도 3으로 바뀌는데,
건강하게, 훈련 잘 받고 있겠지?

훈련 씩씩하게 잘 받고 힘내라고
나도 민호에게 편지 한 통을 써봤어 (부끄부끄)
서툰 글 솜씨에 글씨체도 예쁘지 않지만 마음만은 잘 전달 됐으면 좋겠다!

201804041340451281464107.png

요즘은 전화나 모바일 메신저를 많이 사용하다 보니
‘편지’라는 단어가 일상에서 조금 멀어진 것 같은 기분이 들어 ㅜㅜ

마음을 전하는 어렵고도 쉬운 방법 중 하나가 편지라고 하잖아^^

가끔은 내 주변에 있는 소중한 사람들에게
진심을 가득 담은 편지 한 통을 건네 보는 것도 좋을 것 같아!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello~

Have anyone can translated chinese?

I found this account https://weibo.com/u/5712272949?is_all=1#_rnd1522856180441

Some posted like a they are talk about story in camp.

Example

【李敏镐网宣独家翻译】#李敏镐# #李敏镐出道十二周年# 
公益兵论山训练所第2天军训日记——我是谁 这里是哪里(D-27)星期五

起床时间是6点,随着刺耳的起床喇叭声,睁开了眼睛。
一起来,就跟着广播做伸展运动:打开窗户,叠床褥,漱口。
到6点20之前,点名场集合。点名时会简单讲今天一天要做什么。点名完毕,吃早餐。
吃完早餐休息一下,到军械库领枪支。枪是M16,挺沉的。
然后尿液检查、X光拍照,接着报军服尺寸。检查子弹带是否正常。
核对军服时,存在的问题仍然是胖子太多,特大号军服不足,经受一些混乱和乱成一团的场面。

不管做了多少事,时间好像静止不动,真的好疲惫,想躺一会。今天觉得做了很多,但看时间,才上午10点。这地方的时间和空间分明是被扭曲了。

快速地穿上军服,参加入所仪式和枪支授予仪式。
之后吃午餐。吃完接种预防针,注射预防脑膜炎和预防流感针。
打完针去教室,需要做爱国卡的人做爱国卡,卡是结业那天发。

入所还不到24小时,但感觉已经在这里呆了好几天。
之后学体操。说以后每天的早晨和晚上都要做体操和运动。
体操做完吃晚饭。汉堡的材料是汉堡排,调料酱,沙拉等。
令人啼笑皆非的是,饮料没有标准,和麦片一起给。哦?这是什么组合?

吃完晚餐,在团队的大澡堂,有给洗澡时间。因为今天打了预防针,所以大部分人没有洗澡。
之后第二次领取供给品。t恤,内裤,贝雷帽,生活品。
整理领来的生活品,但奇怪的是,在生活馆休息的时间最累。
不能躺在床上,只能待着,好痛苦。

之后到教室看一个视频。看完视频出来,终于,今天结束了。
今天一天太长了,昨天忙的省略的晚餐也记上,然后终于就寝了。
。。。。。

PS:今天就这样度过了@李敏镐 你身边有战友并不孤单,全世界还有你的粉丝,你想孤单也做不到,所以我们陪伴你,今天继续加油

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, alovebof said:

Hello~

Yes, there is a blog written by a social worker who recorded a diary during his 4 weeks in Nonsan Training Center (He went to the Center for basic training around Nov. 2017). And the account 李敏镐网宣 translated his diary everyday to let us know everyday's training and life in the Center.
But so sorry that it is too difficult for me to translate all his words. There are too many proper nouns about military.  :cold_sweat:

And actually he complained a lot, eating, sleeping, clothes, schedule, almost everything. Although our bb is 30 years old,  I think he can suffer the hardship more than those 20's boys, but I don't want to increase your worries.  -_-

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, there is a blog written by a social worker who recorded a diary during his 4 weeks in Nonsan Training Center (He went to the Center for basic training around Nov. 2017). And the account 李敏镐网宣 translated his diary everyday to let us know everyday's training and life in the Center.
But so sorry that it is too difficult for me to translate all his words. There are too many proper nouns about military.  :cold_sweat:

And actually he complained a lot, eating, sleeping, clothes, schedule, almost everything. Although our bb is 30 years old,  I think he can suffer the hardship more than those 20's boys, but I don't want to increase your worries.  -_-

I know you're all like worrying Moms, I may tell you just eating, he complained that :
1. The meals were distributed unfairly. (Distribution is doing by the squads in turn)
2. Foods were not enough.
3. Foods were not good, sometimes there was not any meat.

............. and more.

So, needless to say those trainings are very hard and tired, even living conditions are not well. :(  I'm glad only 1 week left.  :tongue:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, alovebof said:

Hello~

Example

【李敏镐网宣独家翻译】#李敏镐# #李敏镐出道十二周年# 
公益兵论山训练所第2天军训日记——我是谁 这里是哪里(D-27)星期五

起床时间是6点,随着刺耳的起床喇叭声,睁开了眼睛。
一起来,就跟着广播做伸展运动:打开窗户,叠床褥,漱口。
到6点20之前,点名场集合。点名时会简单讲今天一天要做什么。点名完毕,吃早餐。
吃完早餐休息一下,到军械库领枪支。枪是M16,挺沉的。
然后尿液检查、X光拍照,接着报军服尺寸。检查子弹带是否正常。
核对军服时,存在的问题仍然是胖子太多,特大号军服不足,经受一些混乱和乱成一团的场面。

不管做了多少事,时间好像静止不动,真的好疲惫,想躺一会。今天觉得做了很多,但看时间,才上午10点。这地方的时间和空间分明是被扭曲了。

快速地穿上军服,参加入所仪式和枪支授予仪式。
之后吃午餐。吃完接种预防针,注射预防脑膜炎和预防流感针。
打完针去教室,需要做爱国卡的人做爱国卡,卡是结业那天发。

入所还不到24小时,但感觉已经在这里呆了好几天。
之后学体操。说以后每天的早晨和晚上都要做体操和运动。
体操做完吃晚饭。汉堡的材料是汉堡排,调料酱,沙拉等。
令人啼笑皆非的是,饮料没有标准,和麦片一起给。哦?这是什么组合?

吃完晚餐,在团队的大澡堂,有给洗澡时间。因为今天打了预防针,所以大部分人没有洗澡。
之后第二次领取供给品。t恤,内裤,贝雷帽,生活品。
整理领来的生活品,但奇怪的是,在生活馆休息的时间最累。
不能躺在床上,只能待着,好痛苦。

之后到教室看一个视频。看完视频出来,终于,今天结束了。
今天一天太长了,昨天忙的省略的晚餐也记上,然后终于就寝了。
。。。。。

PS:今天就这样度过了@李敏镐 你身边有战友并不孤单,全世界还有你的粉丝,你想孤单也做不到,所以我们陪伴你,今天继续加油

Hi alovebof, thanks for sharing this.  So, the wake-up time now has become earlier, 6AM. It was 630AM before. the rest still applies - like the soldiers wake up at 6:00 am before they attend roll call and do some stretching exercises together before taking their breakfast. But, as soon as they wake-up they have to fix their beds. By 620AM, everything should be done so, they could take a little break. After a break, they have to gather together again after the roll call. Then, it’s off to the morning and afternoon tasks (with a short lunch break)! The tasks vary day by day but, generally, the soldiers will go through a common task training session and work on maintenance of the unit. There's Firearm Familiarization Training - After, recruits will receive firearms. They have to become familiar with their own firearms by having them close with them for 24-hrs either when eating or while sleeping.  Recruits receive basic training from how to wear combat uniform to military disciplines.  After dinner, their free time, as what I've mentioned earlier here the soldiers get to make phone calls or spend time doing activities of their choice in the recreation center. Tasks such as laundry, washing combat shoes, or cutting hair must also be done during this time. At 10 PM, it’s lights out and time for sleep. The following morning, they will repeat their daily schedule. The army usually serves a balanced Korean-style meal with the exceptions of hamburgers or other Western-style food, which is most welcome! It is important to finish all your food as eating is also considered a form of “training” in the army. :lol:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I know you're all like worrying Moms, I may tell you just eating, he complained that :
1. The meals were distributed unfairly. (Distribution is doing by the squads in turn)
2. Foods were not enough.
3. Foods were not good, sometimes there was not any meat.

............. and more.

So, needless to say those trainings are very hard and tired, even living conditions are not well. :(  I'm glad only 1 week left.  :tongue:

Hi gtLmh,  So, the wake-up time now has become earlier, 6AM. It was 630AM before. the rest still applies - like the soldiers wake up at 6:00 am before they attend roll call and do some stretching exercises together before taking their breakfast. But, as soon as they wake-up they have to fix their beds. By 620AM, everything should be done so, they could take a little break. After a break, they have to gather together again after the roll call. Then, it’s off to the morning and afternoon tasks (with a short lunch break)! The tasks vary day by day but, generally, the soldiers will go through a common task training session and work on maintenance of the unit. There's Firearm Familiarization Training - After, recruits will receive firearms. They have to become familiar with their own firearms by having them close with them for 24-hrs either when eating or while sleeping.  Recruits receive basic training from how to wear combat uniform to military disciplines.  After dinner, their free time, as what I've mentioned earlier here the soldiers get to make phone calls or spend time doing activities of their choice in the recreation center. Tasks such as laundry, washing combat shoes, or cutting hair must also be done during this time. At 10 PM, it’s lights out and time for sleep. The following morning, they will repeat their daily schedule. The army usually serves a balanced Korean-style meal with the exceptions of hamburgers or other Western-style food, which is most welcome! It is important to finish all your food as eating is also considered a form of “training” in the army.

This is the reason why the day they show up on that field in Nonsan Korea Army Training Center is unforgettable to many Korean men. As what my K-friends told me every time on that field, you can see hundreds of moms (and a smaller crowd of girlfriends) crying, friends waving hands, as hundred guys reluctantly walk toward the field and awkwardly salute toward the crowd to report the beginning of their mandatory military service. In Nonsan, their lives are completely turned upside down and inside out.  Instead of eating tacos, lamb  and occasional steaks, you're eating standard ROK (Republic of Korea) military meals, budgeted for $1.95 per meal and containing 1-2 pieces of protein-material (doesn’t necessarily mean meat, e.g. anchovies, tofu) every three meals or so. Chocolate pie is a classic food in the Army.  Soldiers receive the complementary Choco Pie cookie every Sunday.

In Nonsan, 13 of you or more used a room smaller than a standard hotel room. -          Soldiers are banned from leaving a designated residence between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. without a commander’s permission and, needless to say, possessing private cell phones and wearing non-military clothing. “Deprived” is the word you would use to describe this life.  Here, the second result of a continued state of deprivation is that you learn to feel happy from the smallest things. Being in the military it teaches you to feel happiness from the smallest things.  You feel happy if you get to sit down for 10 minutes after walking with a 20kg backpack for 40 minutes. It’s a pity that they could learn this only by physical suffering.

The most popular item on the standard ROK meal menu is hamburgers. They give you two sets of hamburger bread and one patty. If you’re lucky you get a piece of cheese, but mostly it’s just the “meat” and a few pieces of shredded lettuce.

From all of the stories I’ve heard from my K-friends who finished their military service seems like they became more mature and developed after they stepped out of the army grounds. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

PMZ Instagram and Facebook Update

오늘은 식목일입니다!

날이 갈수록 심해지는 미세먼지,
지구 온난화, 이상 기온 현상 등
우리가 나무를 심어야 할 이유는
참 많습니다..!

오늘은 나무를 좀 더 가까이 함께함으로써
생명의 섭리와 나무,
자연에 대한 고마움을
생각해 보는게 어떨까요~?