Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

14 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170512 Good Base FB updated :

굿베이스의 얼굴로 열일하고 있는 우리 모델님!
당분간은 활동이 어렵겠지만, 앞으로도 굿베이스를 통해 이민호의 멋진 모습을 만날 수 있으니 고무신 거꾸로 신지 마세요~^^

(Google Translation : Our model is working with the face of the Good Base!
For the time being, it may be difficult to work, but in the future, you can meet Lee Minho's wonderful figure through Good Base.
)

gtLmh, again, thanks for sharing this. I hope time flies so fast - 21-months/2-years are long enough - Spending two years in the MS is taxing for anyone not looking to pursue a career in the military. :(

• Like 2

*** JYJ Park Yoo-chun is also at the Gangnam District Office, serving his duty. I guess they'll see each other there - but, IDK if they are acquainted with each other. :lol:

May 12, 2017

Lee Min-ho spotted on first day of military service

Lee Min-ho was spotted heading to work for the first day of his mandatory military service at the Gangnam-gu Office in Seoul, Friday. 

20170512000589_0.jpg
Lee Min-ho goes to Gangnam-gu Office for his first day of mandatory military service as a public service worker, Friday. (Yonhap)

20170512000587_0.jpg
Lee Min-ho goes to Gangnam-gu Office for his first day of mandatory military service as a public service worker, Friday. (Yonhap)

Lee’s management agency MYM Entertainment denied rumors claiming that the actor would get off work early. “That’s impossible,” an agency official said. “(Lee) is to follow the instructions of an official from the Military Manpower Administration and be informed of his work site. It’s impossible that he can get away early on the first day.”

20170512000586_0.jpg
Spoiler

The actor will be working as a public service worker there for the next two years, save for one month within the first year when he will receive basic training at a military camp.

20170512000588_0.jpg

Lee was assigned to public service work after a physical exam. The actor injured his thigh and ankle in a car accident in 2006, and suffered further injuries in another car accident in 2011 while filming the SBS drama series “City Hunter.”

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 10

5 hours ago, orangelab said:

Can fans actually go visit LMH during the time he'll be working as civil servant? 

Hi orangelab, I hope fans should leave him to do his duty. I understand them because  I also feel sad seeing him enlist. Good Luck. LMH! Focus on your military service for a while. Because there is no doubt that he would fulfil his obligation in public service. :lol:

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi orangelab, I hope fans should leave him to do his duty. I understand them because  I also feel sad seeing him enlist. Good Luck. LMH! Focus on your military service for a while. Because there is no doubt that he would fulfil his obligation in public service. :lol:

I totally agree!  Fan should not create problems for him .. I cannot imagine the crowd and disturbance that will cause in that area and his workplace if fans decide to go there everyday. Then all the haters will come out and all the blame will go to him, so hopefully all the fans will be considerate and leave him alone during his MS.  If fans are well behaved, the credit will go to him and this is what I would like to see!  He is a great influence to his fan, and he should not be judged if some fans are over enthusiastic and caused some unintentional disturbance so the best is to stay quiet for the next 2 years (we can quietly supporting him here and comforting each other when missing him too much :lol:).. did I say too much already?   All in all, I wish for him to complete his duties honorably and peacefully and return to us without a scratch!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, gaeingoh said:

I totally agree!  Fan should not create problems for him .. I cannot imagine the crowd and disturbance that will cause in that area and his workplace if fans decide to go there everyday. Then all the haters will come out and all the blame will go to him, so hopefully all the fans will be considerate and leave him alone during his MS.  If fans are well behaved, the credit will go to him and this is what I would like to see!  He is a great influence to his fan, and he should not be judged if some fans are over enthusiastic and caused some unintentional disturbance so the best is to stay quiet for the next 2 years (we can quietly supporting him here and comforting each other when missing him too much :lol:).. did I say too much already?   All in all, I wish for him to complete his duties honorably and peacefully and return to us without a scratch!!!!!:rolleyes:

gaeingoh, well-said. I also couldn't agree with you more - :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Lee Min Ho is arranged to work at Suseo Social Welfare Center :

cr to the owner

20170512 Minho got off duty :

cr Logo

gtLmh, thanks for sharing more - so, he's assigned at the Center for Finding Missing Children - :lol:

• Like 3

though a bit sad I was extremely happy to see Lee Minho's pictures today ㅜㅜ starting his 730 days journey into social service..

gathering of fans at his workplace had upset a lot of his Korean fans. I agree that fans went overboard following him inside the building at Gangnam office, that was all in all very wrong! but I guess it's alright if they've waited outside, considering it's his first day. everything was fine until videos and photos of him getting off work at Suseo Social Welfare Center circulated online, it was then when I saw some tweets showing disapproval at fans actually waiting for him till he finished for the day <I know that you want to see him but that is his workplace now, would you do that at others' workplaces too? - so what if it's his 1st day, I wish nothing like this happens next week. that was a total nuisance and it's like a big slap to Minho's face - don't grab his hands, don't greet him, don't give him gifts I wish you don't welcome him - being a fan they seem not to know what is good for Minho. it's pitiful that we're fans alike - please from now on, taking pictures, being a foreigner or whatever, I wish I don't see a thing from Gangnam office.. what are you doing there> some wish that his agency puts a notice for fans to refrain from such actions

Aren't they being a little harsh with their words? it was really upsetting to read their tweets especially when I honestly was happy to see his pics. I know fans won't do this again, it's just because this is his first day and many actually flew to Seoul and will be going back to their countries there's no way they'd do this everyday. fans were quietly waiting outside Suseo center you can barely hear any voice in the video, they only started being loud when the elevator opened and they saw minho coming out of it, there was no pushing or pulling and no one entered the center. in fact Minho was happy to see them, approached them, shook their hands and took their presents. if he didn't like their presence he would've directly headed to his car, even his bodyguard/manager didn't stop them. I'm afraid that his pictures from work would be added to the list of NO's. although I wish such large number of fans won't gather up again in front of his workplace I'd appreciate any picture that comes out from there, taken occasionally not on a daily basis..

I'm sorry if I brought some negativity in here but I really wanted to get it off my chest. we are all fans and know how precious every moment with Minho is, we should understand each other. No fan would ever want to harm him or cause him any trouble, whatever they do it's just their way of channeling their love towards him.

• Like 13

On 5/10/2017 at 0:20 PM, heartLMH said:

D-1 to 512.

It is the final countdown. What come may, we still need to face it.

I have a heap of feelings all jumbled together. it's indescribable at this very moment.

How is everyone feeling? 

@heartLMH I think I was well prepared for it. So though I was sad, but not much, thinking that over the next 2 years, there will be no news from him.

But what comforts me most is we are still here, re-watching his works, so there will still be discussions about him, and I am sure there might be a lot of things about him that didn't know or didn't see before. (I've got to thank @CarolynH for the re-watch idea. Should we also do the Today-in-History and the Throw-Back Thursday? )

• Like 8

does anyone notice that on Soompi's tweeter feed located on the right-hand side of this page, there is a "We'll miss you #LeeMinHo *cry*" tweet with a clip of him ? I don't know how to bring the tweet over here, but this is the clip:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/18427319_125600711333574_4528873302294265856_n.mp4

If you can't see that tweet, just scroll up and down in that area you would find it

• Like 6

D729

@Latifah Thank you for sharing your thoughts, they greatly resonate mine.

I didn't get to see Korean fans' comments and didn't know there was so much backlash.

Everyone has different views and I think the greatest struggle is to find a fine balance. The entertainment industry is often harsh and only reports the extreme to achieve a high readership. If there weren't any fans yesterday, they would have reported that Minho's popularity has dipped etc. It was a good boost to his morale.

I personally think it was a good send off and do agree that most were overseas fans. It will not be a scene which will happen in the days to come. Fans were generally well behaved. In fact, I feel the office people were causing more distress when he entered the building.

It was my greed to want to see glimpses of what was happening yesterday and was happy to see all the pictures circulated. If he is stressed or uneasy, I have better restrain myself and be satisfied with just him posting instagram about his life.

I wish you well, Minho

• Like 9