Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest roshinip

10 Reasons why Lee Min Ho is so irresistibly likable at his Guerrilla Date

A recent Dramafever article discussed why LMH is so likable @ Guerilla Date

Screenshot_2015-02-08_03.00.54_2.png

If you ever doubted Lee Min Ho's genuine openness and affectionate personality, you'll have to watch this video.(Video not posted)  If you are a fan already, you'll see his childhood photos, what he liked to study in school, and find out more about the perfect man. The show even found footage of his debut commercial. But first, about his famous "armpit hug," what does Lee Min Ho actually call the hug?

Lee Min Ho called the hug "Confinement Hug" and explained:

Screenshot_2015-02-08_02.41.16_2.png

Well, who could turn down that kind of confinement with Lee Min Ho? It was funny that when a female fan wanted the confinement hug, the other fans exclaimed "No!" On the other hand, when a male fan came up, the same fans wanted him to try the confinement hug. So what did Lee Min Ho do?

Here are some highlights from the video:

1. The crowd kept getting larger, and above them was a neon ad for Lee Min Ho's new movie, Gangnam Blues (Gangnam 1970).

Screenshot_2015-02-08_02.35.00_2.png

2. A fan revealed that she fell for him when she saw the shower scene in Boys Over Flowers. (She's not the only one.)

Screenshot_2015-02-08_02.39.28_2.png

3. The host asked how Lee Min Ho acted in the actions scenes with his injured leg. This is the one time he looked really serious when he said he avoided using that leg. (He suffered a serious car accident in 2006 and he usually uses his left leg for action scenes.)

Screenshot_2015-02-08_02.53.19_2.png

4. When asked about what he wished for the Gangnam Blues movie: "Winning at the box office, or winning a film festival award?" His answer shows he is ambitious but also diplomatic.

Screenshot_2015-02-08_02.54.40_2.png

5. "Does he want to win a newcomer award or a best actor award?" He answered it quickly and firmly on this one:

Screenshot_2015-02-08_02.56.15_2.png

6. The host showed 3 photos from Lee Min Ho's childhood. His handsome attraction was already evident as it was shown on one of the photos that he was holding a girl's hand. He was still in kindergarten. Lee also said he didn't study hard in school. His favorite subject was women!

Screenshot_2015-02-08_02.57.12_2.png

7. He was presented with footage from his very first commercial shoot. He was not even 20 yet at the time. They then had fun talking about how he spent his first paycheck.

Screenshot_2015-02-08_03.03.23_2.png
8. When he was asked to say a greeting in English, he seemed shy when he spoke softly: "Hello everyone, nice to meet you. My name is Lee Min Ho. Thank you, I love you."

Screenshot_2015-02-08_03.07.33_2.png

9. About plans for Hollywood, he said he will only do it when he's ready, then he charmed everyone with his self-deprecating humor by repeating his English greeting:"Okay. Hello, everyone," implying that's all he knows.

Screenshot_2015-02-08_04.19.10_2.png

10. He also gave a very nice advice to young people: "Chase after your dream and do whatever it takes".
Screenshot_2015-02-08_05.04.33_2.png

Screenshot_2015-02-08_03.00.54_2.png

Wasn't that fun? I find his laughter truly infectious. On a scale of 1 to 10, his charm rates a 20!

Cr: por Nancy Z en Lun, Dramafever

Kris Silva said: To lucky LA Minoz, if you plan to watch GB again, Solly Minoz from Lee Min Ho's World created this FB page for the Feb. 15 event :
https://www.facebook.com/events/933968906621940/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Collaboration event hosted by Lee Min Ho's World and CGV Cinemas Los Angeles

The date is officially set to Sunday, February 15th in the evening. The exact show time will be notified once CGV get back with us. 

There will be raffle prize giveaways and goodies provided by Lee Min Ho's World. We will also be doing a small video recording event to show our support to Gangnam 1970's team and of course, to our actor, Lee Min Ho. We will keep you posted on the details as the date gets closer. 

Although the movie is not yet rated, we advise that children under 17 to be with their legal guardians. 

We hope that many of you will attend this wonderful event and show your support to Gangnam 1970! 

See you there!

@almondcroissant, nice to know that you are from Singapore. I was also from that area. Do you know if GB is already showing in Malaysia and if you have read any viewers opinions about the movie in local blogs or magazines or newspapers? I thought LMH had a large fanbase in Singapore. When he went to promote OSIM, the mall was packed with noisy fans. I think I read only two reviews from Singapore, the Straits Times that claimed LMH is too handsome and has more style than substance and another blog that said his role was memorable. I could not find anything else from that part of the world except someone on Soompi commented that Thailand is more into dramas than movies. So I assume those three areas are not doing well at the box office. Vietnam has banned the movie and I hear it is supposed to show in Myanmar. I have a feeling it may do better in Indonesia. I saw screaming fans there. I am almost sure that it will be a big hit in Philippines because he is really popular there, he has Bench and they are playing the song Anak in the movie. I really hope it will sustain in Taiwan and Hong Kong as someone commented earlier today in this forum. Next hope is China and Japan. Read that there was one billion hits for this movie on China's internet. If there were only 100 million GB attendees in China, it would be a real coup and maybe other countries would be interested. (Western countries). It is really not doing as well as hoped in Korea. The Con Artistes got 2.5 million within three weeks I think and it is not as good as GB. It will take awhile for GB to reach 2.5 million now that ticket sales has slowed down. Poor LMH, what's up with Korean viewers. Don't they love Korea's favorite son? He is such a sweetheart. They should just support him on his first leading role.

:x

Valentine's Day Special: 10 Cringeworthy K-Drama confession lines

Flowers, chocolates, and red hearts that have cute little sayings on them. That's what Valentine's day is all about, right? Well, not quite. The purpose of this holiday is to express romantic love whether it's through verbal or physical expression (por que no dos?). 

Leading up to the day of love, kisses, and everything nice, we are going to start off our week of special Valentine's Day features with verbal expressions of love from our favorite K-Drama characters as they confess their feelings...in the most sweet yet cringeworthy ways ever.

(skipped unrelated.....)

allkpop_1423507653_ValentinesDay_Heirs.j

allkpop_1423514570_ValentinesDay_BOYSOVE

source : allkpop

@zinnia, thanks for your recent translation of LMH's interview. Really liked your translation. "Lee Min Ho said, "I mulled over the scene a lot. If I had been Jong-Dae, I would have shed tears a lot. In fact, I cried a lot [filming that scene]. But the director didn't agree with me. He said it[my crying] didn't suit the atmosphere of the movie. Talking with the director like that, I could understand the movie [more], and then I tuned my emotions to it." So having watched the movie several times, do you agree with the director's decision of not wanting Jong-Dae to cry?

@pixie0622, I enjoyed reading your review. You wrote "This time, I want to add some notes that relate to some of the nagging questions out there and also as a reaction to some of the comments that I've read about the movie and LMH...There are fans who were disappointed to see LMH in this kind of movie because it runs counter to the image they have of him."  Where did you read those comments? I would like to read them too. As fans they should  applaud his expanding his roles into new territory. He is actually well suited to this role as an action star and a sexy symbol (according to Ricky Lo), dark and brooding.

@almondcroissant, I would watch GB over American Sniper. In fact, I would not pay money to see American Sniper even though it is Oscar material.

Please let me know if this has been posted. I'll delete it

Lee Min-ho, Kim Rae-won’s ‘Gangnam 1970’ to hit the Chinese theaters in March

Lee Min-ho, Kim Rae-wons Gangnam 1970 to hit the Chinese theaters in March

‘Gangnam 1970’ has dropped a teaser poster announcing its release in China in March, while gathering 2 million in audience in Korea.

The movie had already reached an agreement and signed a contract for its release in Asia and North America before hitting the theaters in Korea.

Indebted to the contract, ‘Gangnam 1979’ is set to premiere before Hollywood blockbusters in China. Moreover, it has marked more than 1 billion Internet searches even before getting released, thus proving it is one of the hottest and expected movies in the year 2015. It is drawing huge attention on whether ‘Gangnam 1970’ will become the biggest box-office hit.

The teaser poster released in China, which is in black and gold, has added more mysterious side than the previous poster that was revealed in Korea.

It has shown the name of the movie and the graphics of Lee Min-ho running in bright gold, which is catching the eye of people.

‘Gangnam 1970’, with its publication right in China owned by Shanghai New Empire Entertainment and Shenzhen Da Fang Media, which has engaged in movie distribution of films such as ‘Iron Man 3’, ‘Lost’, and ‘Thieves’, is scheduled to hit the theaters in China in March.

Meanwhile, ‘Gangnam 1970’ has released in January 21st in Korea and is now on the show, making headway with becoming the box office hit.

GET IT K Han Jihee, Photography by Show Box Inc. Mediaflex, English Translation by Veronica Choi

source: Getitk

@CallieP, GB is actually doing well in SK. You have to consider its genre (noir ganster film) and R rating. You can't compare it with other films which are not R rated.  I am actually really happy and satisfied with GB's performance in the box office. It hit 2.1 million in SK in less than 3 weeks and is still showing in 400+ theaters.    

@wisd, I am curious if you are referring to me as a LMH hater because I am definitely not. I just want to clarify that. I want GB to do better than Con Artists. The reviews I read clearly shows that GB is a superior movie to Con Artists.

@KrisSilva, LMH thinks 3 million breaks even and he hopes for 5 million. There are several R rated movies like New World that was 4.8 million, Man from Nowhere   around 6 million, and a couple of others that were around the 5 million mark. GB is at 21,000 admissions today. It will take 5 days to reach 100,000 so it will take awhile to reach 3 million. I really wanted this to be a box office success for him and I hope it will at least reach 3 million when the run ends. Hopefully he will get the new actor award and recognition internationally. He deserves it.

Guest Moonrain

class="yt watch-title-container" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; overflow: hidden; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"(THE STAR) LEE MIN HO 이민호 MAKING STORY

Screenshot
eb2575c9gw1ep491c459xj20zk0jxn19.jpg

class="titleNews"Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun Reported to be Highest Paid Hallyu Stars in China

The Chinese press revealed how much the hallyu stars get paid.

The Chinese news media ‘Guo Ji Zai Xian’ reported on February 8 that Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Min Ho get paid around 850 million won each time they make an appearance.

According to the report, Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Min Ho are the highest paid hallyu stars in 2015. The report claimed that two stars receive 844 million won each time they make an appearance on a variety show in China.

Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun Reported to be Highest Paid Hallyu Stars in China

Jun Ji Hyun is reportedly the next highest paid hallyu star and gets paid 730 million won, followed by Girls’ Generation, who receive 562 million won. They added that SNSD’s Yoona receive around 170 million won for making an appearance, which is the highest amount out of all SNSD members.

The report also claimed that the Running Man members Song Ji Hyo, Lee Kwang Soo and Gary, who are popular in the Greater China Region, each receive 113 million won.

Photo credit: Newsen / enews

@willenetteTwo hours ago, OSEN published the refuting article from Starhaus. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=109&aid=0002994603According to it, Starhaus never revealed Lee Min Ho's payment and the Chinese media ‘Guo Ji Zai Xian’ didn't verify it with Starhaus, either.Korean Minoz are really sick and tired of those speculating articles quoting the groundless Chinese sources.Thank you for your affection for Minho, but I'd like to ask you a favor. I want you not to bring those groundless speculating articles here.

zinnia said: @willenetteTwo hours ago, OSEN published the refuting article from Starhaus. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=109&aid=0002994603According to it, Starhaus never revealed Lee Min Ho's payment and the Chinese media ‘Guo Ji Zai Xian’ didn't verify it with Starhaus, either.Korean Minoz are really sick and tired of those speculating articles quoting the groundless Chinese sources.Thank you for your affection for Minho, but I'd like to ask you a favor. I want you not to bring those groundless speculating articles here.

Guest roshinip

Lee Min-ho, Kim Soo-hyun deny astronomic fees

Kim Soo-hyun and Lee Min-ho on Tuesday denied Chinese media reports that they receive more than 800 million won ($734,000) for each appearance.

On Sunday, a Chinese news outlet reported that the two Korean actors receive about 850 million won for each appearance they make on television or at various events.

“(The company) has never disclosed (Kim’s fee) to the outside. The report is not based on (facts) verified by the company,” an official with Kim’s agency told Korean media.

Lee’s agency, Starhaus Entertainment, also denied the report, saying that related issue had never been disclosed to a Chinese news organization.

“There is no exact standard for fees. Not only does Lee not appear at many events, but (Lee’s) schedule has never been set based on the payment,” a Starhaus official was quoted as saying by a local news outlet.

“It is true that unimaginably (high) fees are offered, but offers are accepted based on the quality of a particular event.” 

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150210

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150210

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Hello fellow Minoz! So many posts to feast my eyes on! Thank you LA Minoz @pixie0622‌ @Adlyn‌ @carolyn‌ And others for sharing your thoughts on GB and Min Ho. I enjoyed reading all your posts! @pixie0622‌ I am a Filipino and ANAK is one of my fave songs when I was young. Its melody and lyrics really make you ponder on your life as a son or daughter. I am really happy that it was chosen as one of OST of GB. I just could imagine the scene with LMH as that song is being played. I also love this part of your review: " Judging from his recent interviews, LMH knew early on that this film is not for the majority of his fans. He did say that if he wanted to make a film that would surely make a lot of money, this is not the film that he would have taken on. But he did this because he wants to stretch his wings as an actor and maybe even challenge the image that we have of him. He does not want to be a one-note actor---he wants to be seen as a multidimensional actor who can tackle any genre, any role and be credible in it." Again, thank you Chinggus!