Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

80 days have past--650 days still to go :mellow:

Boys Over Flowers episode 11

For an excellent recap and commentary by Javabeans, visit Dramabeans:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/02/boys-before-flowers-episode-11/

My thoughts:

This is a frustrating episode!  

Jun-pyo and Jan-di spend most of this episode apart.  Jan-di is focused on her financial troubles, and Jun-pyo becomes moody and broody when he can’t see her.  When they are together, it is mostly not cute.

It’s understandable that Jan-di feels the pressures of her family’s situation, but she spends a lot of time as a dimwit in this episode.  However, the main source of trouble is Madame Kang and her interference.  She is paying “Haje” to do the dirty work of ruining Jan-di’s life and her relationship with Jun-pyo.

Let’s just tell ourselves that these experiences were necessary for Jan-di to realize how she truly feels.  I was happy to see her defending GJP, believing and trusting him.  One step backwards and two steps forwards, right?

Keep your seatbelts fastened--it’s a bumpy ride!

Worst Part: Hot-headed GJP confronting Jae-ha and Jan-di.

tumblr_ottfx8To4e1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Spoiler

This is bad behavior from Jun-pyo AND from Jan-di!

tumblr_ottfx8To4e1w2zf0ho2_540.png

Excerpt from Dramabeans:

It’s not like there’s a good thing to say to Jun-pyo at this moment, but that’s REALLY the wrong thing. Jun-pyo beats up Jae-ha, who doesn’t put up much of a fight.
Jun-pyo demands, “What do you know, to talk like that?!” Jae-ha tells him, “Jan-di sunbae is wasted on the likes of you.”
That only p*sses Jun-pyo off more, and he continues punching Jae-ha until Jan-di bursts out, “Stop!” Nice of you to step in so quickly there, Jan-di. Maybe if you’d reacted a few minutes earlier instead of just standing there dumbly, you could have actually done some good.
Jun-pyo stops hitting Jae-ha, gets up, and approaches her as she explains, “He helped me outside of school. And he was a friend at school, the only person I connected with.” Even I winced at that. (Also: Jun-pyo aside, what about Mr. Soulmate, Ji-hoo?)
Jun-pyo asks: “The only one?” Grabbing her by the jacket, he barely keeps his temper in check, demanding, “What is that bastard to you?”
Fighting tears, Jan-di says, “I’m tired. I want to stop now.” He shouts her name in disbelief, as she continues, “I want to go back to before I knew F4 and Gu Jun-pyo.”

Best Part: Jan-di acknowledging her mistakes and her feelings.

tumblr_ottft0uTzy1w2zf0ho3_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_ottft0uTzy1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_ottft0uTzy1w2zf0ho2_540.png

The reason for all the craziness of this episode:

tumblr_ottft0uTzy1w2zf0ho4_540.png

Favorite Part: GJP working his brain.  :D

Spoiler

tumblr_ottfhuob5O1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_ottfhuob5O1w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_ottfhuob5O1w2zf0ho3_540.png

tumblr_ottfhuob5O1w2zf0ho4_540.png

tumblr_ottfhuob5O1w2zf0ho5_540.png

tumblr_ottfhuob5O1w2zf0ho6_540.png

tumblr_ottfhuob5O1w2zf0ho7_540.png

Dramabeans gave a different translation from Viki:
“The guys wonder at the change in Jun-pyo, who’s no longer ranting and raving. Jun-pyo reveals his new strategy — he’ll play hard to get and make her uneasy. (The others all think he’s bound for failure.)”

tumblr_ottfhuob5O1w2zf0ho8_540.png

tumblr_ottfhuob5O1w2zf0ho9_540.png 

I think Gu Jun-pyo did pretty well in this episode, EXCEPT for losing his temper with Jae-ha (and grabbing Jan-di).  GJP still needs to learn control, control, control.  :tongue:  Jan-di, on the other hand, didn't do so well, but maybe she is learning.

• Like 8

Well said @1ouise thank you:) here are my thoughts on:

BOYS OVER FLOWERS - EPISODE ELEVEN

The first half of this episode lost its momentum due to Lee Minho having less screen time. I missed him and  his cute  and bittersweet moments with Jandi that I enjoyed so much in the previous two episodes.  However, I loved every moment of F4 boys together. LOL at Jun Pyo’s new strategy of playing hard to get and making Jandi anxious. :D

c401cb9630135be7eb300d798a3dedba.gif&key

cr minoz_selene

And it was sweet how Jun Pyo fell asleep in Ji Hoo’s bed and Ji Hoo comfortably tucked him in, like a father.:)

20479450_10211408213979765_6862218825592

Spoiler

20376176_10211408211139694_8412326768624

cr as tagged

The moment Jun Pyo came back on screen, things grabbed my attention.  But how did this lovely couple who made a promise to be together, break up so fast ? I can understand Jandi wanting to be financially independent but easily trusting any stranger even if it doesn’t make sense to do so is unforgivable stupidity.  And what’s up with Jun Pyo who defied his mother’s orders and stood by Jandi when she peddled food on the street? He couldn’t even carry on a conversation with her without it erupting into a full-blown fight within minutes.:o

kkot11-115.jpg

Photo cr Dramabeans

Spoiler

6cd3c0d57d86f8d160717a6351cfc0ee.jpg&key

Cr owner

I often wondered what Jandi had to offer in their relationship as I had a feeling that Jun Pyo was desperately in love with her not being able to convince his feeling to her. However, Jandi’s tearful flashbacks of Jun Pyo made me realize that she loved him  and missed him too. :) After the breakup, Jun Pyo was so heartbroken that he isolated himself from everyone including his best friends. His emotional reminiscences of how he got fascinated by Jandi’s charm at Seo Hyun’s party and how she saved him from drowning and gave him CPR, melted my heart.  Being apart from each other really made their hearts grow fonder and reflect on the mistakes that they made.:wub:

kkot11-180.jpg

Photo cr Dramabeans

Next week, Jun Pyo and Jandi gain a new perspective of their relationship.:)

Sharing this interesting post by DB on BOF behind the scenes.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/02/a-day-behind-the-scenes-of-boys-before-flowers/

More photos inside spoiler

Spoiler

20476103_10211408211299698_205202501410320294583_10211408211619706_836911382746420293171_10211408213419751_318462993499420294241_10211408213779760_701482644257820376019_10211408214339774_484377749620520374269_10211408214579780_4433510360561

20431183_10211408214699783_7079051406977

cr as tagged

• Like 9

How did Jae Ha get into Shin Wa, all of a sudden and no one even the trio realizes he is at their school? No one knows he is Haje. I guess like superman and Clark Kent. :) How did he manage to get the whole classroom empty? JD should know her class schedule but yet the whole room is empty and so she goes to the science lab because of the note. After the fire alarm, only her classmates are out there, where is the rest of the school kids or the teachers to see to JD instead of him taking her out or the school. How did he dressed as Haje go to her classroom to protect her. The whole section with Haje and Jae Ha is weird.

LMH was not prominent in this episode as the others mentioned above, When she did not want to go on a trip to Japan, he pouted but accepted it. The the other scene is  seeing her with Jae Ha, his hot hotheadedness took over again :tongue:. Kicking Jae Ha angrily. There is no halfway with this guy, passionate to the end.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170731 on duty :

cr as tagged

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. LMH is in black again. It's still summer right now in Korea so, I guess he's wearing his clothes right. I read once that the best color to keep cool in the heat, it turns out, is to wear black because black absorbs everything coming in from the sun.  I think black is the most attractive color on a man. ...:tongue:

• Like 2

Boys Over Flowers - episode 11 

My laptop is having an issue so I'm using my tablet to provide my comments so it's going to be a bit messy.

Overall, not one of my favorite episodes.  Why was ha je cooking ramen in a room?  .  Lol, I love the look on  GJP's face when Janis tells him Ga Eul is more important than him.  Why is she backing off again- because her family doesn't have money?  The modeling job with Ha Je- knowing GJp's temper - does it never occur to her that she should tell him?  She doesn't think that he'll find out?  The best scene is Ji Hoo tucking in GJP- it shows their closeness.  So far it seems all Jandi does is hurt GJP.  I think even Ji Hoo is disappointed in her.  I'm getting tired of her telling GJP that she wishes he was never in her life then thinking later how much she actually does care about him.  Doesn't Jandi not think it's odd that no one else is in the science lab but her?  Our poor GJP is so hurt :(.  Finally, she stands up for GJP!  

• Like 7

22 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Boys Over Flowers - episode 11 

My laptop is having an issue so I'm using my tablet to provide my comments so it's going to be a bit messy.

Overall, not one of my favorite episodes.  Why was ha je cooking ramen in a room?  .  Lol, I love the look on  GJP's face when Janis tells him Ga Eul is more important than him.  Why is she backing off again- because her family doesn't have money?  The modeling job with Ha Je- knowing GJp's temper - does it never occur to her that she should tell him?  She doesn't think that he'll find out?  The best scene is Ji Hoo tucking in GJP- it shows their closeness.  So far it seems all Jandi does is hurt GJP.  I think even Ji Hoo is disappointed in her.  I'm getting tired of her telling GJP that she wishes he was never in her life then thinking later how much she actually does care about him.  Doesn't Jandi not think it's odd that no one else is in the science lab but her?  Our poor GJP is so hurt :(.  Finally, she stands up for GJP!  

I agree with your comments totally.

• Like 1