Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

42 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

It is Korean's holiday today.  <_<

BTS of LOTBS :

Reveal hidden contents

64441a2fgy1fgb6it0n9tj215o0rsq8t.jpg

64441a2fgy1fgb6iuoltzj215o0rs44l.jpg

64441a2fgy1fgb6ivx16rj215o0rsdjw.jpg

64441a2fgy1fgb6ix2n86j215o0rsag3.jpg

64441a2fgy1fgb6isit7vj215o0rs444.jpg

cr iflix

Hi gtLmh, ye, it's Memorial Day in SK TODAY! (June 6) - This is to commemorate the men and women who died while in military service during the Korean War and other military battles. The main ceremony of remembrance is held at the National Cemetery in the capital city, Seoul. Throughout the country, officials and citizens pray and lay flowers at the graves of the war dead. Thanks for sharing the BTS of the drama. NICE - I always love watching & looking at the photos of BTS & the Making - because they're always candid. :lol:

11 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Minomi   laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

cr as tagged

*** Also, thanks for sharing this. So CUTE & COOL! Love them. I'm sure LMH would LOL when he sees this. :lol:

• Like 3

@minekas I loved  your analysis on this episode.:heart: and all the very nice and on-point screenshots. You made me like BOF flower more.

@CarolynH  and @1ouise I think @CallieP 's explained well why there is the forced kiss and I think it's not out of his character. GJP is a very hot tempered, and if he wants something, he must get it even without realizing what stands on his way (unless the obstacle is too obvious, for example his mom)

On 6/4/2017 at 5:59 PM, CallieP said:

I think he forced himself on her because he was angry and jealous as well as hurt and thought if he pushed hard enough, she would give in to him. When he realized that she really meant it, he withdrew hurt and dejected. However he really bounces back quickly, her rejection did not yet make him bitter. He came to her aid when she did not want Ji Hoo and Seo Hyun to know that she had seen them kissing. His buying her the speedo goggles was perceptive that here is something that she would really cherish not expensive clothes.

What I don't get from GJP in this episode is why he still upsets Jandi with the vaseline of the door handle and the ducks on the pool after she has saved him. He must be out of his mind ???

PS @1ouise I also loved his expressions.

• Like 5

On 6/2/2017 at 3:49 PM, pixie0622 said:

@adamfever 

It's a Japanese pun, saying "dumplings before flowers ." Which refers to the attendance of hanami (flower viewing) where people would go to the vendors (at the flower viewing event ) first and get food, before seeing the flowers the pun is made by changing the kanji of the title to mean"Boys over Flowers".May 3, 2009

I personally think BOF translates to "substance over beauty" after watching the drama. Correlates Jandi's poor situation but rich humanity vs the wealthy yet morally-depraved "heirs" of Shinhwa school, and GJP's (and the rest of F4's) eventual transformation. 

@pixie0622 thank you for the clarification. It makes more sense to me. 

I also guess it has multiple meanings. I've just visited the wiki page and learned that it also implies these boys are more or at least as beautiful as flowers:

During its broadcast, the series influenced South Korean men to take their appearances more seriously to copy the metrosexual or "pretty boy" image (kkotminam, lit. "men as beautiful as flowers") of the F4 characters in the drama. This led to an increase in South Korean males wearing cosmeticspreppy and cruise outfits, and clothing in traditionally more feminine looks like the color pink and floral prints.[5]

I also learned that F4 stands for Flower 4 :tongue:

• Like 5

On 6/4/2017 at 3:17 PM, CallieP said:

Thanks for asking about why it was called BOF. Thank pixie for the answer. I did not realize that DF was rewatching BOF too but in February. It was interesting reading their opinions from episode 1 -4. @adamfever Are you from Vietnam, how did you manage to get all the info about LOTBS from there? Is it really a big hit there?

@CallieP I do not live in Vietnam, so Mr. Google is my friend to get info from there. BUT I cannot find the information about the rating of ANY show in Vietnam, so I cannot say if LOTBS is a hit or not. I guess a standard way to measure the viewership hasn't been developed yet (or still under development), so no rating figure has been published yet. [Calling out to any one who lives in Vietnam lurking here, can you answer Callie's question please???]

As you mentioned LOBS, do you remember the actor whose family is a big fan of LOTBS in VN?  I just checked and found out that there is a reality show  and in the last episode, this actor's family visited Korea and they went to the valley where LOBS was shot. That valley looks so beautiful there:

(you can see right at the beginning that the little girl is a fan of LMH)

• Like 3

@adamfever  thank you chingu, I'm over the moon to make you like "BOF" more:)

I have been a stalwart of Jun Pyo from day one (when I first watched BOF in 2013).Therefore, I was a bit nervous that my analysis of his character would be very biased. Of course, when we met him in the first  2 episodes he was a jerk who behaved however he wanted without any regard to the consequences of his actions and the well- being of others.  Moreover,Jun Pyo isn't a mature creature, so he does those playful things to tease her because he has a crush on her. The bad thing about it, however, is that  he entertains himself doing that and Jandi finds it pretty annoying.

BTW, do you remember why fans started calling Minho, "Angel":wub:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/11/lee-min-ho-at-first-of-four-overseas-fanmeetings/

minho_fm3.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, adamfever said:

hat I don't get from GJP in this episode is why he still upsets Jandi with the vaseline of the door handle and the ducks on the pool after she has saved him. He must be out of his mind ???

I think he said something to the fact that it was a thank you, the ducks were a thank you for saving his life.  As for the vaseline on the door, no idea. He thinks it is funny and fun to see her reaction on seeing the ducks. His weird sense of humor I guess.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, adamfever said:

@pixie0622 thank you for the clarification. It makes more sense to me. 

I also guess it has multiple meanings. I've just visited the wiki page and learned that it also implies these boys are more or at least as beautiful as flowers:

During its broadcast, the series influenced South Korean men to take their appearances more seriously to copy the metrosexual or "pretty boy" image (kkotminam, lit. "men as beautiful as flowers") of the F4 characters in the drama. This led to an increase in South Korean males wearing cosmeticspreppy and cruise outfits, and clothing in traditionally more feminine looks like the color pink and floral prints.[5]

I also learned that F4 stands for Flower 4 :tongue:

Hi adamfever, for me wiki page is more correct - And right you are - F4 stands for Flower 4. :lol:

The conversations around GYP's arrogance, bullying, meanness, and aggressive behavior in the first few episodes. I remember the talk in DF that the other versions or anime versions had the GYP character being even meaner for the first 5 episodes while GYP is already starting to be more mature by the 3rd episode. So I am curious if anyone has seen the anime, Japanese or Taiwanese version and compare the growth of GJP in all the versions. Was he meaner in the anime or Japanese version? I tried reading the manga, it was in English but could not really make heads or tails on the story so I gave up. It seems that GYP is actually nicer than in the Japanese or anime version. Any comments on those who actually saw the other dramas? Is there a place where they have the anime version. I checked Netflix but there was none.

In the beginning when GYP put juice on the guy's shirt or smashed the cake on the girl's face or told the other girl to lick his shoes. I think it is his way of showing utter contempt for those who fawn over him because of his wealth. He does not respect them because he realizes the real reason why they grovel in front of him. When Jan Di stood up to him, it peaked his interest at first after getting over his humiliation since he had never experienced anything like that from anyone, much less a girl. Then his interest turned to admiration and then respect and love.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

07June2017: Off to work, our BB look so fresh.

Hi Chellsee, thanks for sharing the pictures for TODAY...........I do agree with you - although LMH is wearing face mask here I also can say he looks fresh. What matters to me is he's doing fine. :lol: NICE photos there.............

• Like 1