Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Thanks for your comments @CarolynH, @minekas, @CallieP (and everyone else who will yet comment)!  I love it!  I hope everyone feels free to say whatever they want.  There is no right or wrong; these are just our opinions.  And don’t feel burdened if English isn’t your first language or if you have only a short thought.

On 6/17/2017 at 11:00 AM, CarolynH said:

Before I begin, please welcome @1ouise, whom I had to bribe, cajole, beg, insist, pleadtrick, ask to join our BOF hosting crew!

Yes, I had to be cajoled.  :lol:

I think some people can be BOF haters, but I want to show the good stuff about the show.  I’m not blind to the weak points, but there’s no denying the impact of this show.  It’s good to remember that the source material is a comic—so there are going to be fantastical elements, but I think there is also some good social commentary mixed in with the tropes and escapism.

My thoughts on episode 5:

I thought the serious and dramatic moments were well done, but my favorite parts were Jun-pyo and Jan-di’s bickering (it really never ends) and Jun-pyo’s interactions with Jan-di’s family.

Spoiler

tumblr_orrq84pAO21w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_orrq84pAO21w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_orrq84pAO21w2zf0ho3_540.png

“If all else fails, retreat.”  This is the most famous of the stratagems, immortalized in the form of a Chinese idiom: "Of the Thirty-Six Stratagems, fleeing is best."  (wikipedia)  I love learning this kind of stuff while I’m being entertained.

Please knock on my door:  :rolleyes:

tumblr_orrq84pAO21w2zf0ho4_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_orrq84pAO21w2zf0ho5_540.png

I think Jun-pyo is very sweet with her family, not condescending, but understanding and curious.  We’ve heard, but haven’t really seen yet, that his family is not warm and loving.  Jan-di’s family is over-the-top, and maybe annoying, but they do care about one another and really want the best for each other.   Would you rather have a picture-perfect, showcase family (who are mean and superficial), or a wacky, embarrassing family (who truly love you)?

More bickering:

It’s nice to reference Shim Chung again, so we can all think back to The Legend of the Blue Sea.  :)

Spoiler

tumblr_orrqbq4Kyo1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Yes, this makes me melt ... the almighty Gu Jun-pyo showing a little vulnerability:

tumblr_orrqbq4Kyo1w2zf0ho2_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_orrqbq4Kyo1w2zf0ho3_540.png

tumblr_orrqbq4Kyo1w2zf0ho4_540.png

tumblr_orrqbq4Kyo1w2zf0ho5_540.png

Jun-pyo learning how to woo a girl the best way he can.  (For me, this was GJP's bad hair day.)

Spoiler

tumblr_orrqbq4Kyo1w2zf0ho6_540.png

I'll add my comment about the ongoing “Suseo Daily Drama.”  I really had to smile when I saw this photo of the stools the Minoz use to get a view over Min-ho’s car as they wait for the going-home scene.

Spoiler

tumblr_orrnxaZ0t11w2zf0ho2_540.jpg

cr. owner

And this is one of my favorite looks for Suseo.

tumblr_orrnxaZ0t11w2zf0ho1_540.jpg

cr. Minoz Moonshine

• Like 8

http://mensuno.com.my/Lifestyle/Social-Network/lee-min-ho-2015-july-issue-cover

Partial translation :

【Throwback of the covers】Lee Min Ho :Top 1 cover guy of year 2015

Hallyu power burns everywhere in the world.  Our magazine - July 2015 issue which was Lee Min Ho as cover guy, is hardly found in the markets. In that month, we received orders by Lee Min Ho's fans from all over the world, such as HK, Taiwan, China, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, even the fans in Canada are crazy about him. One fan from HK even ordered 350 copies. Without doubting, July issue was the top sales of 2015.

• Like 5

On 6/16/2017 at 5:55 PM, Myhun said:

Scene Number For FB & IG update

Reveal hidden contents

IG

Reveal hidden contents

Anchor Beer (Cambodia) FB update

Hi Myhun, thanks for sharing this. I'm reminded that LMH's birthday is nearing (June 22) - :tongue:

22 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170616 The Commercial News in Cambodia. It's amazing that Cambodia is a country that LMH has never visited, and they even signed contract with him on May 3, 2017, just several days before his enlistment.

The news reported that on 20170615, CBL held a press conference to announce that the company invited Korean superstar LMH to be their new image spokesperson.

Their GM Ronald Bala said : "LMH has strong influence. He closely interacted with his fans all over the world. We believe that he will be a very good ambassador and bring better images of Anchor Beer."

Ronald also said : "LMH is a highly anticipated global superstar, and Anchor beer is one of the best products in the world, they are matching each other very well."

The CF will be released very soon.

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. So, this was his last endorsement prior his MS. I wonder if the period of his contract covers the term of his two-year military service. Sigh.....that he was not able to attend the presscon. I believe that Anchor Beer will be in good hands even when he's on MS right now. Can't wait to see the CF. :tongue:

On 6/17/2017 at 10:39 AM, gaeingoh said:

Almost a month since his enlistment, there are still so many fans waiting for him everyday.  Sooner or later, this will be in the itinerary of travel groups to Seoul...a must stop POI!  :D

Hi gaeingoh, many of them indeed! I couldn't agree with you more - :tongue:

5 Actors who bounced back from unexpected hard times

841e6f76-ed6e-4fef-9fc3-91048566207e.jpg

Life sometimes deals an unexpected bad turn that is bigger than we can solve by ourselves or so severe that it takes extra help and time to overcome. When it comes to actors who are regularly admired for their celebrity status and glamorous life, they may experience hardships that could harm their stature or even terminate their acting career. It could even be said that it's actually harder for them because of the public life they lead and the publicity beyond their control. Let's take a look at some actors who fell on hard times and how they rebounded to reach even greater height.

1. Lee Min Ho - Before the Hallyu star rose in fame in Boys Over Flowers, he was injured (along with his friend Jung Il Woo) in a car accident. The severity of the injuries meant he lost his role in a TV drama and was hospitalized for a year. (Due to the permanent damage to his leg, he is now serving in civil duty for his required military service.) What sustained him is apparently finding a strong purpose in life and keeping an optimistic attitude. As soon as he got out of the hospital, he went right back into acting until BOF came along.

ae0b2091-6a75-4374-8646-ad581e70ef3c.jpg

In a 2014 interview, he said:

"For many people, the age of 20 is when they first reach adulthood and it's a time full of ideals and dreams. But when I was 20, a lot of misfortune came along. I spent a year in the hospital and couldn't move, and I was forced to think a lot. The perception I formed at that time became the sustaining foundation for me to continue to quietly persist and never be self-satisfied."

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever

• Like 4

6 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. So, this was his last endorsement prior his MS. I wonder if the period of his contract covers the term of his two-year military service. Sigh.....that he was not able to attend the presscon. I believe that Anchor Beer will be in good hands even when he's on MS right now. Can't wait to see the CF. :tongue:

Yes, the contract covered 2 years.  Is there any other celebrity can get  a 2-year overseas endorsement contract just before enlistment ? Be proud of him. Love and respect him more and more.   good_org.gifgood_org.gifgood_org.gif

b01256c8gy1fgql0ipmklj20mh0ygtmv.jpg

Spoiler

b01256c8gy1fgql0kza8rj20tw1434by.jpg

b01256c8gy1fgql0mqkhpj20rc10r797.jpg

via Beyond_MinoBoiz_ICE

• Like 6

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003560520

0003560520_001_20170620065123048.jpg?typ

Translation by Google :

'The Wild' Lee Min Ho, a natural monument as pure as the DMZ

Like the nature in DMZ that he introduces himself, the image that Lee Minho gave was clear and beautiful. It is especially impressive that the joy of life, the amazement of the mystical nature, and the harmonious coexistence were particularly impressive.

In MBC documentary "DMZ The Wild" which was broadcast on the 19th, last week, the ecosystem of the DMZ, the Republic of Korea, was delivered vividly to the audience with the voice of the presenter Lee Min Ho.

Lee Minho, who showed his audience to the DMZ in earnest and tranquil attitude in Part 1 "Endless War" broadcast on the 12th, vividly conveyed the battle of wild animals' nesting in the "Keeper of the Earth" broadcast on this day.

On the day of the broadcast, Lee Minho also showed his intimacy with nature in an unfamiliar environment, and added a friendly explanation of the foot of the boar and the eggs of the birds. He asked an intimate, sexual ecology expert an irrational and resilient question, and showed a concern for a lonely animal. He took a picture of a young lion from a distance in the camera and talked to the audience.

Lee Min Ho 's struggle to always be treated to the best spot was the point that makes' DMZ the Wild' more interesting.

The process was not easy. I invested 700 days in this project. From October 2015 to March 2017, one year and five months. Throughout the filming period, I took a break from film, drama, as well as advertisements, photos, and overseas schedules. It was not a decision that could easily be taken from the position of the top star.

I did not shoot every day, but I had to interact with the production crew for 700 days, and when I was shooting, I had to do 10 hours of hard work in the cold weather. I have to consider that the location is a danger zone. I went to the DMZ for two nights and three days, seven nights and eight days in a short time, sometimes as a presenter, sometimes as a staff.

So why did Lee decide to join such a project? Without it, too.

First, his love for the documentary was the reason. I hope the documentary of good content will be widely known through his appearance. I also wondered about the DMZ, which is a land in which people do not reach for 60 years.

This kind of curiosity changed into a sense of responsibility as the filming proceeded. It would not have been lightweight to go to the DMZ as a position ahead of enlistment.

• Like 7

Our bb, with the killer eye-smile, is back on duty :wub:

64441a2fgy1fgrdlixdxmj20q00wi0ug.jpg

64441a2fgy1fgrdlis7rdj20q00widhn.jpg

cr as tagged 

----------------------

The ENG subs are up on the 2nd episode :D

http://www.ondemandkorea.com/dmz-the-wild-e20170619.html

I really find the documentary very interesting. I learned so many new things. The production is first-class and the music score is excellent. And uri Minho's talk about reproduction makes my ovaries explode, jinjja :wink: I just hope he doesn't get ideas of his own too soon lol :tongue:

• Like 6

17 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, the contract covered 2 years.  Is there any other celebrity can get  a 2-year overseas endorsement contract just before enlistment ? Be proud of him. Love and respect him more and more.   good_org.gifgood_org.gifgood_org.gif

Reveal hidden contents

b01256c8gy1fgql0kza8rj20tw1434by.jpg

b01256c8gy1fgql0mqkhpj20rc10r797.jpg

via Beyond_MinoBoiz_ICE

Hi gtLmh, thanks for the reply. Ye, RAIN had (2) CFs, which the period of his contracts cover the term of his two-year military service. Upon discharged, his contract was still extended and renewed. I'm also proud of LMH. :tongue:

1 hour ago, pixie0622 said:

Our bb, with the killer eye-smile, is back on duty :wub:

cr as tagged

Hi pixie, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. This time, he's wearing a white top. NICE............ As usual, the fans are there.............I missed LMH's face somehow because he's been wearing that mask since day 1 of work...........But, I'm not complaining..........:tongue:

• Like 1

The auction of Minho's dresses was closed at 10:00 am today. Total charity sales RMB 185,302 will be donated for buying 18530 saplings and will be named as "Lee Min Ho public welfare forest" 【李敏镐公益林】.

5f5e2ca5gy1fgrgbyzdz3j20yi1b37ia.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

ICE uploaded this video with subtitles. It's so cool to see our boy acting  as hyung to the 2 guys and giving them sound advice on how to approach life in their 20's. 

I thank ICE for the English Subs. See him so normal with the two young guys, so comfortable in the tent. No airs or arrogance like I am a big star. That is the attraction of LMH. Down to earth, simple, caring and friendly.

I am really enjoying the ONDEMAND Korea with the English subs. The prologue was so entertaining with the subs and knowing what LMH is saying. Without subs we are left just looking but not really understanding what the conversation is about. Enjoy seeing his interaction with nature and the animals. It is a must see for anyone who ever liked LMH. Still have 1 and 2 to finish, taking my time to enjoy them. thank you again for the link @minoz777

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

The auction of Minho's dresses was closed at 10:00 am today. Total charity sales RMB 185,302 will be donated for buying 18530 saplings and will be named as "Lee Min Ho public welfare forest" 【李敏镐公益林】.

cr as tagged

gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. NICE charity deed! This is a heartfelt moment when LMH gave back to communities..... he's giving out some big love..... I know this isn't new to him because he is constantly giving back, donating funds, volunteering to help those in need, both domestically and internationally. It's nice to recognize such celebrity like him who show gratitude for their success by doing this kind of charity... ... kind that brings awareness to important causes. :tongue:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003560520

Translation by Google :

'The Wild' Lee Min Ho, a natural monument as pure as the DMZ

Like the nature in DMZ that he introduces himself, the image that Lee Minho gave was clear and beautiful. It is especially impressive that the joy of life, the amazement of the mystical nature, and the harmonious coexistence were particularly impressive.

In MBC documentary "DMZ The Wild" which was broadcast on the 19th, last week, the ecosystem of the DMZ, the Republic of Korea, was delivered vividly to the audience with the voice of the presenter Lee Min Ho.

Lee Minho, who showed his audience to the DMZ in earnest and tranquil attitude in Part 1 "Endless War" broadcast on the 12th, vividly conveyed the battle of wild animals' nesting in the "Keeper of the Earth" broadcast on this day.

On the day of the broadcast, Lee Minho also showed his intimacy with nature in an unfamiliar environment, and added a friendly explanation of the foot of the boar and the eggs of the birds. He asked an intimate, sexual ecology expert an irrational and resilient question, and showed a concern for a lonely animal. He took a picture of a young lion from a distance in the camera and talked to the audience.

Lee Min Ho 's struggle to always be treated to the best spot was the point that makes' DMZ the Wild' more interesting.

The process was not easy. I invested 700 days in this project. From October 2015 to March 2017, one year and five months. Throughout the filming period, I took a break from film, drama, as well as advertisements, photos, and overseas schedules. It was not a decision that could easily be taken from the position of the top star.

I did not shoot every day, but I had to interact with the production crew for 700 days, and when I was shooting, I had to do 10 hours of hard work in the cold weather. I have to consider that the location is a danger zone. I went to the DMZ for two nights and three days, seven nights and eight days in a short time, sometimes as a presenter, sometimes as a staff.

So why did Lee decide to join such a project? Without it, too.

First, his love for the documentary was the reason. I hope the documentary of good content will be widely known through his appearance. I also wondered about the DMZ, which is a land in which people do not reach for 60 years.

This kind of curiosity changed into a sense of responsibility as the filming proceeded. It would not have been lightweight to go to the DMZ as a position ahead of enlistment.

gtLmh, thanks for sharing this.  So many 1st & last for LMH on this project - This was his last project before his enlistment. This is the 1st time that LMH become a documentary presenter while at the same time he took an active part in filming this documentary. This is the 1st time also that he had gone to this place called DMZ. :tongue:

First Pictures Surface of Lee Min Ho Since He Enlisted In The Military

94a385116d3243d1467f450e7e23f683-1.jpg

Recent pictures show that Lee Min Ho has not only been serving in the military but also serving looks with these stylish outfits.

Spoiler

Sweatshirt With Jeans

94a385116d3243d1467f450e7e23f683.jpg

a104f392fb706aaead8528f428f5d0c1.jpg

b1bc0b10710688644ece6374fe48a044.jpg

94a385116d3243d1467f450e7e23f683.jpg

Snazzy Jackets With White Shirt And Black Cap

f02becf3f7de2471a3d5a975e0bb15d3.jpg

e31862f3d094da5dd48f580bdc3be4b6.jpg

Loose Plain T-Shirts

56d87b057dd312a30496cdffcc88708c.jpg

63ddcf4a4c25d32b259ebff3bb03dd75.jpg

Button-Down Dress Shirts With Jeans

78314123d754bb20efc127bf06d2fcc9.jpg

source : Koreaboo

Spoiler

56d87b057dd312a30496cdffcc88708c.jpg

63ddcf4a4c25d32b259ebff3bb03dd75.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/19/2017 at 10:48 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

Anchor Beer flied to Korea to sign the contract and shoot the CF.

gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. So, this ad was filmed in Korea. :tongue:

15 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170620 off duty, so many gifts. On 0622, maybe his driver should open the trunk and let fans put their gifts, Minho can't take too many. :D

cr as tagged

*** Thanks for sharing the "off-duty" pictures. Ye, tons of gifts as usual....:tongue:

• Like 2