Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest roshinip

class="yt watch-title-container" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[LeeMinHo] 150121 강남1970 라이브톡(LiveTalk)_Full Version

(I don't think I have seen the full version before)

Cr: Owners

Guest josangcogamboa_at_yahoo.com_stv

Permission to post:Gangnam Blues full trailer Tagalog Version...im new here... i dont know how to post videos please help...thanks

@zinnia‌ Hello! Thank you for translating the original Interview. Sometimes it's hard to believe everything that has been written about LMH since most of the write ups were translated from translations. Somehow the original thoughts has been lost or changed. I have read somewhere- Kpop herald, that Kim Rae Won was disappointed with the final version of GB since many parts of his were edited and it somehow affected the way Yong Ki was presented. Have you read the write up in Korean? If yes, could you please translate it? Thank you very much. I've got the impression that LMH is not appreciated very much by his fellow Koreans. Do tell me if I'm wrong. I love him a lot and in my opinion, he is one of the best young actors in Korea. I really love his style of acting, not exaggerated. Thank you @zinnia‌ :x :x

Guest roshinip

Dramafever talks about why Lee Min Ho probably won't

leave for military service this year

LMH_0LSJcP4.jpg

A previous report expressed the concern that Lee Min Ho may be leaving for his military service this year. Unlike Kim Soo Hyun's agency, which recently made an announcement, Lee Min Ho's agency hasn't issued any official statement. Have no fear, fans. Here's why I think Lee Min Ho won't be going into the military until at least 2016.

First of all, Lee Min Ho is very busy in 2015. Aside from promotional activities related to the recently released hot movie, Gangnam Blues (Gangnam 1970), Lee Min Ho will be holding his first concert in Hong Kong on March 21.

He also has many endorsements, including newly added ones. He reportedly has over 30 endorsement commitments, such as recently added Samsonite RedTNGT, and Shimao Property. Would they sign him up if he couldn't give them at least a one-year term?

Here's a photo from his ad for Shimao Property, which develops ultra premium real estate in China:

B6ClRWiCAAEqRZG.jpg

Of course, we can also go into the discussion about how the South Korean government should thank him for rejuvenating a new Hallyu wave to introduce Korean dramas to a new generation of Asian and global viewers. However, it is an honor to serve one's military duty, so we don't really expect Lee Min Ho to shirk his duty unless there is a health-related reason.

But nothing is clearer than paying attention to what the irresistibly likable guy himself said in a recent interview. Lee Min Ho shared the following when he spoke to a Star News reporter about his plans for 2015: “I want to work all year without taking any breaks. I want to work a lot in my 20s. [For this year], I’m hoping to be in one movie and one drama. Like sunbae Kim Rae Won’s character from the drama Attic Cat, I want to play a person who is unemployed in their 20s. For a movie, I would like to be in a big-scale film made for entertainment. A love story with a good message would be okay too.”

And then in another interview with Ten Asia on February 1, he was even more specific:

1454685_342442049275717_6545225524170919

"I've always had one project each year, but because the movie (Gangnam Blues) was delayed in its release, I didn't have any work to show last year. So what I'm thinking now is that I will make one movie and one drama for this year. Although it is still not confirmed, hopefully the movie will be made in the mid-year, and the drama will be completed in the second half of this year."

Having been a Minoz fan myself, to me it would be out of character if Lee Min Ho misleads us about his plans for 2015. Therefore, not only do we have Lee Min Ho telling us he is going to be busy for work "all year," he even said he plans to be in a drama and a movie, and at least one of which will be a love story with a positive message. His last drama, Heirs, was completed in late 2013. It's about time for his devoted fans to see him in another drama! 

And, do you think he can complete a new drama and a new movie within a few months and head straight into the military in 2015? I seriously doubt it.

Cr: NanzyZdramaland, Dramafever

@zinnia Thanks for the clarification.  :-bd  I personally like this interview a lot.  I think it is one of his best.
005Cawxcjw1ep6wqhb7ycj30og0hcq6g.jpg

For those who are interested in watching the reality show "To Have You on This Road" tomorrow, I am going to give you some background information so you will enjoy the show more.
This is LMH's first appearance in a reality show in China.  The reason he accepted the offer is not because of money.  There is no speculation at all on how much he was paid among the Chinese media because they knew that it was because of his close relationship with the show's producer Ma Xue.  Ma Xue was called the Godmother of Hallyu in China.  She is the one who organized LMH's fanmeetings in Beijing and Shanghai back in 2011.  She is extremely fond of LMH and in an interview last year right after LMH's appearance in the Spring Gala, she talked about LMH. She said that LMH is very simple, straight forward and adorable. He is not the type that put money above everything and he doesn't like to use shortcut to get what he wants. He doesn't like to compete with others and is always very positive and cheerful. Even with his high popularity in China, he is not arrogant at all.  He always takes good care of those who work for him and never treats them as subordinates.  She recalled once they went out for dinner after an event and LMH was offered a VIP room in the restaurant and he insisted all crew members to be treated the same as him because they worked together as a team.  She is also the one who made LMH's wish came true by introducing him to Jackie Chan, which resulted in the picture of them together on LMH's FB.
To learn more about the show, you can read the article in Dramafever:
http://www.dramafever.com/news/chinese-reality-show-mv-with-lee-min-hos-love-motion-sj-heechul-exo-tao-miss-a-fei-and-kim-hee-sun/

I also want to point out that the couple Anita Yuen and Julian Cheung are both very famous in Hong Kong.  Anita was crowned Miss Hong Kong at the age of 18 and she won the Best Actress Award twice during her acting career.  She is a die-hard fan of LMH. In the previous episodes of the show, she repeatedly got excited when something reminded her of LMH:- She took pictures at the site where "The Heirs" was filmed (outside the venue of Kim Tan's BD party where Cha Eun-sang got off the limo)- Last episode, the couples were split-up and her husband spent a day with the wife of another couple, Ye Yiquan (who is also a Minoz).  At night, all three couples sat down and watched the footage of how all three couples spent the day and she saw her husband walking on a path lined with trees with Ye Yiquan and their arms were linked together.  She jumped up from the couch and pointed at the screen.  Everybody thought she was upset to see her husband so close to another woman, but instead she said, "Is there where the last scene of The Heirs was filmed?  The one Lee Min Ho and PSH walking in the snow?"  Her husband rolled his eyes and asked "How does it have anything to do with Lee Min Ho again??". :))
So it will be interesting to see her reactions when Minho appears in the show.  Apparently the show was filmed before the red carpet and the couples had no idea who they were going to meet.  See if you can see yourself in her :))
Last week they just celebrated their wedding anniversary and when asked what she is planning to do on Valentine's Day, she said her husband is going to take her to see Lee Min Ho's movie and at night they will watch the show "To Have You on This Road" at home. What a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day with your husband (and Minho)  :x
Happy Valentine's Day to all Minoz >:D<

@pinkmonster87, thanks so much for the above information, "To have you on this road". And the story of Ma Xue and Anita Yuen. Will we be able to see it on YouTube?

China will be having a different version of GB. I wonder if we will be able to see that version or buy the Chinese version DVD if we aren't able to see it any other way. Or DramaFever will show two versions. Can anybody answer?

@zinnia The quote below by Ricky Lo. He said LMH is barely dressed in GB and there are three other torrid love scenes. I thought LMH's topless scene was deleted so what is Ricky Lo referring to?

"I was curious how Lee Min Ho fared in his first movie and, no, I wasn’t disappointed even if I was pleasantly surprised what an exciting action star he is. In the beautifully-choreographed fight scenes, he’s as graceful as he is in the Koreanovelas, proving how sexy he can be in a love scene to which his rom-com scenes pale in comparison. Dressed (as a Bench model) and barely dressed (in Gangnam Blues), Lee Min Ho is a topnotch sex symbol.

The movie features three other torrid love scenes which are as brazenly bold and daring as those we see in uncut movies shown in international film festivals".

@pinkmonster87 Thank you so much for sharing that info on the Chinese reality show  :-*  I've been seeing excited Minoz' posts about it on weibo but I couldn't get their drift.  Now I know why, thanks to you ;))  Love that anecdote on Ma Xue, too.  And how she loves uri Minho for his humility, decency and honesty.  No surprise there, right Minoz?  That's our boy! %5BEmoticon%5D%20OK%20Asd.gif
More of our amazing Jagiya who just happens to be the hottest man in the world.....from SHIMAO PROPERTIES where he shows off his "Chairman of the Board" image hsa_org.gif

7d71c7bfjw1ep862bau1sj20ik0lsq5s.jpg
7d71c7bfjw1ep8621pgipj20iu0ly0w4.jpg

]7d71c7bfjw1ep8627pj2lj20hd0lwwi1.jpg7d71c7bfjw1ep8624ralsj20i60mjtbd.jpg

1sm222thirst_hot.gif
7d71c7bfjw1ep862e1bq9j20i20mtdjf.jpg

cr 小熊朱朱 weibo

@zinnia The quote below by Ricky Lo. He said LMH is barely dressed in GB and there are three other torrid love scenes. I thought LMH's topless scene was deleted so what is Ricky Lo referring to?

"I was curious how Lee Min Ho fared in his first movie and, no, I wasn’t disappointed even if I was pleasantly surprised what an exciting action star he is. In the beautifully-choreographed fight scenes, he’s as graceful as he is in the Koreanovelas, proving how sexy he can be in a love scene to which his rom-com scenes pale in comparison. Dressed (as a Bench model) and barely dressed (in Gangnam Blues), Lee Min Ho is a topnotch sex symbol.

The movie features three other torrid love scenes which are as brazenly bold and daring as those we see in uncut movies shown in international film festivals".

As far as l can remember, there was a scene where Jong Dae was topless. However, he was covered with other cloth. Lol And I can recall another one. It was just a photo, though. ^^

CallieP said:

@pinkmonster87, thanks so much for the above information, "To have you on this road". And the story of Ma Xue and Anita Yuen. Will we be able to see it on YouTube?

China will be having a different version of GB. I wonder if we will be able to see that version or buy the Chinese version DVD if we aren't able to see it any other way. Or DramaFever will show two versions. Can a

With @pinkmonster87 's permission, I am reposting the TENASIA interview to include @zinnia 's clarifications, so we can appreciate their consolidated work better.  Thanks again pinkmonster87 and zinnia for your generous efforts  >:D<

TENASIA interview/ 2015-02-01

original article

ENGLISH translation by @pinkmonster87 and @zinnia 

Lee Min Ho:  "I will not make efforts to get rid of the 'star' title on purpose."

2015020110091526383-540x405.jpg

Maybe all that is needed is just a strong blow. For an opportunity to wear a crown being called 'a star'. The drama 'Boys Over Flowers' was the strong blow for Lee Min Ho in this case. And he has been a star since then. [What he needs now is] a springboard to jump on so that an actor who has been consumed as 'an image' can be read as a 'story'. Watching 'Gangnam 1970' directed by Yoo Ha, I[the interviewer] thought Lee Min Ho already found the springboard for him.

Q: You mentioned that your face always gets bloated in the morning, so it should be bloated now.  But I don’t see it.

LMH:  I have lost some weight (chuckled). During the promotion and interviews, I have many things on my mind and as a result, I shed some weight.

Q: Yoo Ha said, “It will be great if Gangnam 1970 can become an introspection of the distorted capitalism.” In a way, the entertainment industry is a representation of capitalism.  Being part of it, how can you, as an actor, convey this kind of message through your work?

LMH:  You’re right. Actors can be viewed as products/merchandise in capitalism.  For myself, I always try my best in my work due to my sense of responsibility.  For example, if I got a $1 billion won CF, it is not simply about making $1 billion won.  The most important thing is how to deliver results that are worth $1 billion won.  I think this requires a sense of responsibility.  And I try not to think I'm [a hot item or too valuable] just because I get a great deal of money. The director wants to deliver a message related to capitalism and as an actor, I have to focus on showing the feelings of people.  The director once said, “What I want is a story about clothing, food, shelter (i.e. basic necessities).”  In fact, that is the desire to live a better life.  It is the same for people living at that time and now.  I always have this kind of feeling in my heart.

Q: You just said that artists can be regarded as products. Even if this is the case, is there anything you still need to protect/defend?

LMH:  I think an actor's ideas should be involved a lot in working projects[meaning dramas and movies]. How to unfold the story [as it is] meant to be told is up to a director, and how to show it convincingly is up to an actor. After all, to show a character in his [or her] own style is up to the actor's talent in my opinion. On the other hand, commercial films are different. As CF is a work [about] creating images, I think it's okay to perform within a fixed[given] frame. CF is a little different field from acting projects where I should keep my values and self-esteem.

Q: Many people commented that the level of the expression in the movie was rather strong.

LMH: Ah, really[?] On the contrary, I felt it was quite normal. (chuckled) In fact, before the final editing, the bed scenes and violent scenes were more explicit. After I had already watched them, I thought it became a little bit bland.  My bed scenes that were edited out were not as explicit.  I was only sitting on the bed (topless) smoking and talking. Since it is not too crucial to the main story line, it was edited out.  Of course, that means the only scene that shows me taking off my top is gone!  [chuckled]

2015020110095113108-540x360.jpg

Q:  Does it mean the most commercially valuable shot is missing [laugh]?

LMH:  Hahaha, I worked hard with my trainer because of that scene.  I remember soon after I filmed that topless scene, I quit all the workout.

Q: Many actors became famous after working in Kim Eun-sook’s drama (e.g. Lovers in Paris, Secret Garden, The Heirs).  And many flower boy actors turned into real actors after working with Yoo Ha.  You worked with both of them and you should be considered as a pretty smart actor.

LMH:  The examples you brought up were not choices made strategically.  Of course, during the selection of a project, you would want to pick one that can be regarded as a masterpiece. However, more important is the content of the script. Ms. Kim Eun-sook is very intellectual and always writes lines that are memorable and yet very straightforward. I am also a straightforward person and therefore I like it a lot.  Director Yoo Ha’s works always have serious messages to convey and this film (Gangnam 1970) is even more so.  In order to deliver the message, there are many violent scenes in the film.  I personally like scripts that have special meanings and I am very glad I can work on them.

Q: It[Gangnam 1970] is definitely in the opposite position from that of 'Boys Over Flowers' which made Lee Min Ho known to the world. I think it will be a turning point for Lee Min Ho.

LMH:  I am not the type of person that eagerly seeks recognition from others.  If I have that desire, I would have chosen a film as my next project right after BOF and I may not have picked “The Heirs”.  The same applies to “Gangnam 1970”.  I did not have the thought “It’s about time for me to play a manly role” on my mind when I picked this project.  At that time I felt it was the right time for the big screen and I met Director Yoo Ha.  Because I believe in him and trust him, I decided to accept the offer.

Q:  This is called the final film of the “Street Series” trilogy and is there any expectation or pressure on you?

LMH:  I watched 'Once upon a time in high school' when I was a high school student.  It was said to be a movie that truly reflected how high school students think and feel.  I still remembered I felt so good after watching it.  I watched “A Dirty Carnival” in my early 20s.  That was when I was interested in male friends more than females. At such age how did I feel watching a movie about betrayal between men? As a pure audience, I thought the movie was great and cool.

Q: That was how you felt about Jo In-sung and Kwon Sang-woo.  Now there are many people looking at you and think you are very cool, right?

LMH:  Haha, first of all, I can no longer be an objective audience.  Therefore, I do not think myself being very cool in the film. But about the very moment when I looked back at the mud fight scene... I thought 'this is a little bit cool.' (chuckled)

IlbZhPS.gif

This film is not meant to be cool.  There is a clear message that the director wants to convey.  After filming this movie, I am very grateful to be living in this generation.  Young people feeling hopeless at that time had no way out to break through the suffocating situation.  I think we have more ways now to live a better life and pursue a brighter future.  I hope young people in their 20s can get this message.

Q: Your remark 'youth with no way out to break through' is impressive because Lee Min Ho has an image of being successful all the time.

LMH:  Though I was not as desperate as Jong-Dae, there were times when I also had that hopeless, depressing feeling. It was when I was in my early 20s before BOF.  It was a very dark period for me and because I have experienced that feeling, it is not hard to understand the character in the movie.

Q: “Gangnam 1970” is about friendship.  Have you ever been betrayed by a trusted friend?

LMH:  No.

Q:  You flatly denied.

LMH: Really, no. Maybe it seems that I avoided those people who might hurt me in advance. (chuckled) I don't know if by any chance there were some people who got hurt by me, on the other hand.  However, I like kind people and fortunately, I have many around me. Therefore, I have never been hurt.  If one day I was betrayed, it would probably be a great blow to me.

Q:  “Land Jong Dae, Money Yong Ki” is the line from Kim Rae-won. Between land and money, which do you prefer in your personal investment?

LMH:  Investment is something you need to put a lot of time and effort in order to do it right.  If I spend a lot of time on it, I probably won’t have time to do my job properly. I would rather focus on my job as an actor.  I feel that now is the time for me to move forward.

Q:  You are now approaching 30, what do you think about being 29?

LMH:  Ahh... (deep sigh) really, I really don’t want to say goodbye to my 20s.

Q: I heard some actors said that they wanted to get old quickly.

LMH:  I don’t want to lose the boyish side of me.  In my 20s, I can show both my boyish side and my manly side.  However, once I pass 30, as a grown-up, I have to take more responsibilities about what I say.  If I joke or fool around now, people would think it is not a big deal.  However, if I am still like this in my 30s, people would say something like, “How can you still behave like this at this age?” (Minho ssi, we like Lee 3-yr-old very much!!).  Therefore, because of how others might think about me, the burden of being older, and the worry that I may not be able to show the real me, I am a bit anxious.

Q: By the way, you are different from what I expected. You talk better than I thought...

LMH:  Hahaha, did you expect that I would talk poorly? Like arrogant Gu Jun Pyo? (everybody LOL) [i don't know if foreign fans are aware of it, but Gu Jun Pyo had a trait that he made a mistake in speaking, especially when he tried to quote a proverb or something like that.] 

Q:  The Lee Min Ho in people’s eyes and the real Lee Min Ho, are they very different?

LMH:  Very different. Strictly speaking, the audiences rarely saw the real me. I think that because they saw me only through my works, they think I am somewhat decent, humorless, and self-centered. (No no, Minho, we think you are funny, adorkable, caring and a bit clumsy)  Therefore, I often hear "Little did I know that you're funny like this” from people who meet me for the first time.   In a way it is not a bad thing because it means I portrayed the characters in the drama so well that people have that impression.  I tend to think positively.

Q: Is this the age you should be dating someone?

LMH:  I always want to fall in love.  I started paying attention to the opposite sex when I was a teenager. However, the goal for this year is to work harder than ever.  My schedule for this year is already full-packed.  Even though I said I wanted to date, with my packed schedule, it would only hurt the girl involved.

Q: Love is not something you can plan ahead. What about an unexpected love?

LMH:  Yeah, so it is still possible? Hahaha!

Q:  What have you planned for this year?

LMH:  I always have one project every year.  However, because of the postponed release of the movie, I didn’t have anything for last year.  Therefore, what I want to do this year is to have one movie and one drama.  Though nothing has been confirmed, but I hope to film a movie during mid-year and a drama in the latter half of the year.

Q: What do you think is the most important personality that a man should possess?

LMH:  I think a man should have a sense of responsibility.  This includes many different aspects such as responsibility as a father, responsibility to your loved ones, responsible for what you said and what you did.

Q: Based on these standards, do you think Kim Jong-Dae is a real man with a sense of responsibility?

LMH: MhYes. He surely ran away [to seek] out for his better future, but he never forgot his family. Yong-Gi was the character who sought the near [or easy] money, but Jong-Dae was the one who sought the faraway land. I saw it was refreshing.

Q: What about Lee Min Ho? Do you think you have a sense of responsibility?

LMH:  My sense of responsibility is “SU~~PER STRONG”. (Everyone burst out in laughter again)  It’s true. The reason I work so hard is because of it.

Q:  Why do you have such a strong sense of responsibility?

LMH:  To put it simply, I think it is mostly because there are many people watching me. One person knowing my story is very different from 100 people knowing my story. Only by having a sense of responsibility can I be more convincing and be closer to those 100 people. If only 10 of them are happy with me and the remaining 90 are not, it will be very shameful.  I intend to keep a sense of responsibility to be an honorable person to myself.

2015020110102115935-540x360.jpg

Q: Being a superstar loved by so many people, other than a sense of responsibility, it’s also easy to have a sense of superiority.

LMH:  I don't think I have any sense of superiority. For all that, I don't think I should be humble all the time, either. I try to be humble basically, but I try not to lose self-esteem and self-confidence at the same time.

Q: Being a star, you have to exercise restraint as there are many people watching you. Recently, the public is very sensitive to the ethics and integrity of celebrities.

LMH:  Actually, it is not possible for me to give up everything. I can't live like that. Because I'm a human being, too.  I go to a club once or twice a year when I want to have fun. I have a notion that I will relieve [the stress] as much as possible within a line I draw. Nevertheless, I can say that I am somewhat stricter compared with others of my age. I have a notion that I should try my best not to make any problems and that I should avoid anything that can cause troubles. However, life is anything but predictable. I don't know what will happen to me in the future. Therefore, I can't say that I will be able to be 100% spotless continuously.

Q: A very frank answer. By the way, you are a classically good-looking man. So I've always been curious why young people are crazy about you. [smile].

LMH:  Haha, I think that’s all because of the characters I had in the drama. But I think there are a lot of young people out there that are not too fond of me. My look is either you like it or you don’t like it. It’s not a face that suits 2015. [Everyone burst out in laughter again] “My look is not very trendy” is what I think of myself.  I found it funny that when I filmed CF in Southeast Asia, I looked like someone from Southeast Asia. When I filmed CF in China, I looked like Chinese.  If you put me back to 1970s, I had that 1970 look too.  In a way, this is a good thing for an actor.  Anyway, I want to appeal to young people continuously.

Q: Like the line “Land Jong Dae, Money Yong Ki”, how would you like to present yourself?

LMH:  I don't think something like 'a flower boy' is appropriate. (chuckled) Rather, I want to hear people say that I'm an attractive [or charismatic] actor. A beauty image? That is something I have to maintain. Therefore, I can keep CF contracts. (Everybody LOL) I will not make efforts to get rid of the star title on purpose. As much as the audience gave me the title of star spontaneously, I believe that they will begin to see me as an actor rather than a star [after a] certain period of time. I'm still running with the belief that the moment will come.

---end---

EDIT:  To add some missing parts and modify some of the translations to be as close as possible to the original Korean text.

PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD THIS TRANSLATION WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM BOTH TRANSLATORS.  Thank you!