[drama 2007] In-soon Is Pretty 인순이는 예쁘다

Guest cutegurl87

withs2bday2soompdv5.jpg

JANUARY 10 '2008

:wub: CELEBRATING WITH S2 51st COMPLETED PROJECT :wub:

&

:wub: WITH S2 2ND ANNIVERSARY :wub:

Please continue to protect us in our helpless battle against hardsubbed uploaders & streaming sites.

KEEP FANSUBBING ALIVE.

DO NOT upload any hardsubbed episode using WITH S2 subtitles.

Thank you! :)

insoonwiths2subsie4.jpg

Brought to you by WITH S2

Written In The Heavens Subbing Squad

Episode 13 *Ental* ENGLISH SUBS

CREDITS:

Main Translator: asiandreamer117

Spot Translator: saturn, purpletiger86

Timer: Victory

Editor/QC: wichitawx

Final QC: Suz07

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

Episode 14 *Ental* ENGLISH SUBS

CREDITS:

Main Translator: wingyee

Spot Translator: saturn

Timer/Editor/QC: wichitawx

Final QC: Suz07

Episode 15 *Ental* ENGLISH SUBS

CREDITS:

Main Translator: momolhasa

Timer: Victory

Editor/QC: Suz07

Episode 16 *Ental* ENGLISH SUBS

CREDITS:

Main Translator: Alethia

Timer: julier

Editor/QC: Suz07

Special Thanks to dramaok for the song lyrics

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and im still bothered w the timeline..

So... did anyone grab an election-results free version of ep 13 from KBS World? I do hope so -- though I now recall there was the exact same problem with an epi (?11) of Mawang/Devil, and I don't think a clean replacement was ever uploaded, or if one was I never saw it. But Mawang, though a fine drama, wasn't at the same level of visual artistry as Insoon, so the disfigurement of the episode was easier to live with till the DVDs came out.

Timeline of eps 13-14

Starts with Mom's Press conference in the evening (=day 1). Spends following night with San Woo. She leaves at dawn (=day 2) and takes a bus back to Seoul. When we next see her at Teacher Seo's apartment, it's evening again: it's dark outside and Eun Sok is already asleep (his father left school early in the hope that Insoon would be in touch, but "early" in terms of Korean high school working hours can mean a lot later in the day than in Western countries). She goes back to Min Wa's apartment (where she's been staying since she left home) and packs an overnight bag. The lights are all on, so its the same evening, but she's changed clothes in the meantime. Then she takes a nighttime bus to her hometown.

Meanwhile her aunt has arrived at her Mom's house, only to discover Insoon's whereabouts are unknown. When aunt gets back home later the same evening, San Woo is waiting outside her house before he goes on to meet Teacher Seo. Then San Woo get's his mother's call and goes home to hear his mother's story. Next we see San Woo obeying his mother's request to go see his father, at his showroom the next morning (=day 3), then at work asking his boss for a few days off: but his boss has just seen the Internet posting by the victim's sister, and while San Woo is reading it (though before we know its contents) we cut to Insoon laying flowers at her granny's grave and singing her granny's favorite song. Then the sister's words start as a voiceover (which of course Insoon can't hear) and we intercut to SanWoo, then her Mom, reading them on their computers, all at the same time on the morning of that day 3.

Ep 14 takes up the timeline at the same point, but by the time we see Insoon again its the late afternoon/early evening of day 3. Insoon is sitting in a hotel room, presumably in her hometown, and gets the voicemail from her Mom's friend. Though she's been planning to spend a few days alone, she goes straight back home after getting the voicemail and arrives there the same evening, learning of the sister's posting for the first time from her mother. The next scene takes us to the morning of the following day (=day 4) with Insoon meeting Teacher Seo at the school and hearing the message the girl's parents have left with him.

Insoon seems to have spent the rest of the day walking around Seoul, unwilling to go home. The sun is setting as she sits on a park bench, reading the list of unanswered calls, mainly from San Woo, on her cellphone. Then it's already dark as she's lurking outside the broadcasting company's building as people are leaving for home, sees San Woo come out without spotting her, and follows along behind him till he gets into his car and drives off home, again without seeing her running towards him.

So Insoon finally goes home again, and finding that Jung Ah is still missing, rings her cellphone. GunSoo takes the call and tells her to come fetch her sister. That same night, having realized his father still isn't home, San Woo finds him camping out at his office desk: they go to the sauna together. Then it's the next morning (=day 5) and San Woo's mum is meeting up with Jae Eun, and about the same time Jung Ah wakes up to find Gunsoo gone and Insoon knocking at the door. having come straight from Seoul to fetch her back.

Later the same day, SanWoo's mother goes to see him at work and Insoon's Mom comes up with her disastrous idea about "persuading" the family to take part in a documentary. Though on Mom's orders Insoon isn't told anything about it, she is besieged by phone callers all day, and eventually decides to go into hiding at Min Wa's place. She's on her way out there (it's already dark) when she's ambushed by waiting journalists and takes flight, refusing to stop even for San Woo, who arrives just as she's getting away.

So by my reckoning, at the end of ep 14 when she's on the subway platform again, around 96 hours have gone by since ep 13 started.

BADUY -

The time line helps immensely -

I watch all of these dramas with a notepad handy -

to keep track of the time passage -

so often with a limited understanding it seems like -

they just met - they're already married and divorced???

so Thanks!

Guest lingling22

with s2 rocks.. thanks for all the hard work...

now i can finish the drama...

is it only me that noticed that if you watch the drama over at KBS world LA the subtitles are really not that good?

that's why i stick to WithS2 subs... helps me more...

this is one sweet of a drama... definitely under rated

but the story is really good and simple...

based on first love... going through a lot but in the end true love wins... how sweet..

with s2 rocks.. thanks for all the hard work...

now i can finish the drama...

is it only me that noticed that if you watch the drama over at KBS world LA the subtitles are really not that good?

that's why i stick to WithS2 subs... helps me more...

this is one sweet of a drama... definitely under rated

but the story is really good and simple...

based on first love... going through a lot but in the end true love wins... how sweet..

Yes - subtitles that are NOT from WITHS2 suddenly seem totally inadequate.

AZNTV is currently showing the series THANK YOU with Jang Hyuk (currently in SBS's ROBBERS)

and the subtitles leave me scratching my head -

WITHS2 has something that the others don't = that's for sure.

Guest tisa-chan

SPOILER BELLOW!!

Did In-soon's brother really die?

They showed his face with closed eyes and the heaven however this just isn't explicit enough for me to believe that someone died (i think he just fell asleep because now he can finally rest peacefully after all this time?).

And am I wrong or was Jung Ah talking to Geun Soo over the hand phone in one of the last scenes of the drama? Since I can't be sure whether Geun Soo died or not I would rather believe he didn't. To avoid depression :P Why are some people so pessimistic?

SPOILER BELLOW!!

Did In-soon's brother really die?

They showed his face with closed eyes and the heaven however this just isn't explicit enough

for me to believe that someone died (i think he just fell asleep because now he can finally

rest peacefully after all this time?).

And am I wrong or was Jung Ah talking to Geun Soo over the hand phone in one of the last

scenes of the drama? Since I can't be sure whether Geun Soo died or not I would rather

believe he didn't. To avoid depression :P Why are some people so pessimistic?

We've gone into this in some detail earlier in the thread immediately after the episode first aired, so you might want to look back there to see some views on this. And no,

I'm afraid Jung Ah isn't talking to Geun Soo on that cellphone, she's playing back a movie of him, then looking heavenwards (hint...) And it's not entirely irrelevant that it's actually GS's cellphone she's using, the one she had to buy for him after their first encounter. (I suspect we are meant to spot the difference, because of a little piece of editing earlier in the episode: around 5 mins in, GS viewing the text message from the gangsters threatening Jung Ah if he doesn't pay up is immediately followed by Jung Ah using her phone to leave him a voice message, so we get to see both phones close up in quick succession)

The fact that GS left the phone behind in the hospital along with his farewell note to Insoon suggests that his mention of heading for a life in a "warm" country where Insoon can one day come visit him is just to console her. You don't walk out of a hospital with serious stab injuries on a winter's day leaving your state-of-the-art phone behind if you're seriously hoping to catch a plane. Nor is Beijing in mid-winter the place to find what most people would recognize as a "warm" climate.

Have you fully taken on board all the implications of what we actually discover at the very end of ep 15 and in the first half of ep 16 about GS and his role in the whole affair?

It was pretty plain from early on that there was something about GS role in the girl's death that we didn't know, and that would supply the explanation for his sudden disappearance, and the obvious complexity of his reactions to Insoon's attempts at kindness and help when he contacts her again. A lot of us speculated on what that might be, and some of us were inclined to think that GS must have played some part in the fatal events that Insoon knew about but did not want brought out into the open for his sake.

But none of us ever imagined what we finally discover was the ultimate truth. That

Insoon knocked the girl unconscious with a blow from her fist, but that it was GS who then came secretly out of his hiding place and deliberately dealt Insoon's apparent victim the actually fatal blow. And that Insoon had all along no idea that that was what happened. So GS not only let Insoon go to jail for all those years to save his skin (remember: what we now know he did was indeed murder, arguably even in the first degree, no matter that it was done out of love for Insoon) but he also let her live with a guilt that was completely uncalled for.

No wonder he can't "live well" as Jung Ah well-meaningly keeps encouraging him to.

How could he ever "rest peacefully" after doing that?

True, Insoon after her initial surge of bewildered fury and disappointment, manages to forgive him. But the best she can do for him in his justified self-torment is say that since "all" he did was turn into reality a murderous impulse she herself had had towards the girl, she deserved her punishment and so he shouldn't feel bad about the way she went to prison for his offence. But what Insoon so wonderfully forgives is unfortunately only a small part of his guilt. His real offence, which will never leave him, is that he betrayed the two people who took him in and loved him after his mother abandoned him: Insoon and her granny. Now we understand why he really did throw that ring away, the one that granny wanted him (and not Insoon) to have as her dying wish. Not (as it seemed at the time) because he was rejecting Insoon's urging to get himself together and live up to granny's hopes for him, but because this token from someone whose love he had returned by ruining her and her granddaughter's life is a reproach he can't bear to contemplate.

It's as though the one thing that has kept him alive so far is a wish, somehow, to tell Insoon the truth, though he can't bring himself actually to do it. It is one of the really fine parts of the way this drama is put together that

when GS finally does bring himself to tell the truth, its to SW, not to Insoon herself; and that its then SW who has the task of breaking the news to Insoon and helping her cope with its consequences (which are a far bigger blow to her than any of her more visible misfortunes so far).

This welds together the two main plot strands in a way that is as dramatically satisfying is it is emotionally moving.

No offence meant, but I'd say that the desire to see GS living happily ever afterwards despite his knowledge of what he did is really a wish to see a Hollywood plot line. One of the main things some of us like about KDramas is that, although they have their own distinctly fictitious version of the way the world works, they don't peddle the belief that everything can and should turn out for the best for everyone who's basically well-intentioned, irrespective of what they have done to themselves or to others. But if the rights are indeed to be sold to a US company for a remake, you can bet your last dollar that the "improved" version will end with a splendid double wedding for both sisters, with Eun Sok, reunited with his own long-lost mother, whom Hollywood will also have to recover, as a cute page boy. So everyone will be happy in all senses of the word. Even both hard-to-please mothers-in-law.

In the meantime, as I think they say in your beautiful part of the world, daj se malo nasmehni.

I'm really grateful to everyone for their synposis, summaries and feedback. However, I still dont understand why Geunsu was so antagonistic and hostile towards Insun. What is the grudge he had against her? Was it just guilt that made him hate her?

How could he ever "rest peacefully" after doing that?

True, Insoon after her initial surge of bewildered fury and disappointment, manages to forgive him. But the best she can do for him in his justified self-torment is say that since "all" he did was turn into reality a murderous impulse she herself had had towards the girl, she deserved her punishment and so he shouldn't feel bad about the way she went to prison for his offence. But what Insoon so wonderfully forgives is unfortunately only a small part of his guilt. His real offence, which will never leave him, is that he betrayed the two people who took him in and loved him after his mother abandoned him: Insoon and her granny. Now we understand why he really did throw that ring away, the one that granny wanted him (and not Insoon) to have as her dying wish. Not (as it seemed at the time) because he was rejecting Insoon's urging to get himself together and live up to granny's hopes for him, but because this token from someone whose love he had returned by ruining her and her granddaughter's life is a reproach he can't bear to contemplate.

It's as though the one thing that has kept him alive so far is a wish, somehow, to tell Insoon the truth, though he can't bring himself actually to do it. It is one of the really fine parts of the way this drama is put together that

when GS finally does bring himself to tell the truth, its to SW, not to Insoon herself; and that its then SW who has the task of breaking the news to Insoon and helping her cope with its consequences (which are a far bigger blow to her than any of her more visible misfortunes so far).

This welds together the two main plot strands in a way that is as dramatically satisfying is it is emotionally moving.

yes the ring . which we had intially wanted to paint a more beautiful picture .that he still hold on to it but the truth was he didnt.

the death of the girl wasnt an accident for him , it was with intent that he hurt her .and which led to her death . the ones who pay for his crimes were the same family who had taken him in without condition ..

so i guess there wasnt any way that he can forgive himself , he actually choose his own ending in a way .didnt he .

I'm really grateful to everyone for their synposis, summaries and feedback. However, I still dont understand why Geunsu was so antagonistic and hostile towards Insun. What is the grudge he had against her? Was it just guilt that made him hate her?

i dun really think his reaction to Insoon was hate . his hostility was just his negative respond to her *kindness* that he is not worth it ..that she should just stop being a saint to a man like him . but he cant bring himself to say out what was the guilt that haunt him. for that he is a coward . .so the more he resent himself .the more he wanted insoon to *hate* him . maybe he feel more comfort in that

Hi, first time posting here...I am really enjoying Insoon is pretty, its a shame that its underrated though. Anyway I have been watching it on mysoju.com, so I admit I was one of those who watch most of the dramas on streaming video sites, but now that I know the reasons for not allowing these sites to host the dramas using WITH S2 subs, I completely undertstand where they coming from and so I'm trying to learn how to watch dramas using GOM player. But I am having one problem I hope someone will be able to help. I d/l insoon is pretty ep10 RAW from veoh, I know once you d/l the softsubs, you need to name it with the same title as the vid in order to view the subs. But I'm not sure how you d/l the softsubs :sweatingbullets: , this is my first time ever ding this and I am not the best when it comes to these matters :blush: , so I would be grateful if someone would help. Thanks!!

Guest lingling22

Hi, first time posting here...I am really enjoying Insoon is pretty, its a shame that its underrated though. Anyway I have been watching it on mysoju.com, so I admit I was one of those who watch most of the dramas on streaming video sites, but now that I know the reasons for not allowing these sites to host the dramas using WITH S2 subs, I completely undertstand where they coming from and so I'm trying to learn how to watch dramas using GOM player. But I am having one problem I hope someone will be able to help. I d/l insoon is pretty ep10 RAW from veoh, I know once you d/l the softsubs, you need to name it with the same title as the vid in order to view the subs. But I'm not sure how you d/l the softsubs :sweatingbullets: , this is my first time ever ding this and I am not the best when it comes to these matters :blush: , so I would be grateful if someone would help. Thanks!!

hi farah720 .. its really a good thing and a sign that you are tring to learn to download all the other stuff..

to anser the question... the subs are available in the thread.. just right click the link and save .. and that's it...

it's in srt type.. so make sure your computer recognize the file... for more help.. check out the resources forum wherein a lot of tutorials are already their...

pointers also.. make sure you are downloading the correct file version..like if it ental, Seatlle, etc.. version..

because the subs are sync on the versions that the subbers prefer..

in this case In soon is pretty.. you can see in one post of this page.. WITHS2 has specified the version they sync it with...

you can always check their wiki page so you know what version is ryt.

feel free to pm me if you have any other questions regarding dl....

For ALL INFORMATION on the status of subs from WITHS2

here's the web page:

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/With_S2

For ALL THE SUBS for INSOON IS PRETTY, here with the web page:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_55134.htm

*be SURE TO SCROLL DOWN on the subs page - there's alot of advertising at the top of the page.

When you find the episode for which you want to download the subs....

RIGHT CLICK -

Drag down to: SAVE AS.....

Make sure you are saving on your DESKTOP SO THAT YOU CAN FIND THE SUBS, when you close the d-addicts window.

Literally - CLICK on the SUBS icon on your desktop -

HOLD DOWN YOUR CLICK...

and DRAG OVER GOM PLAYER ...

it will automatically synch. up the subs to the episode -

PLEASE NOTE - that the ICON for the subs on your desktop - is ODD LOOKING - if this is the first time you've done it - the "look of the ICON" may be new to you.

It should work.

GOM PLAYER changed my life watching these KDramas.

We've gone into this in some detail earlier in the thread immediately after the episode first aired, so you might want to look back there to see some views on this. And no,

I'm afraid Jung Ah isn't talking to Geun Soo on that cellphone, she's playing back a movie of him, then looking heavenwards (hint...) And it's not entirely irrelevant that it's actually GS's cellphone she's using, the one she had to buy for him after their first encounter. (I suspect we are meant to spot the difference, because of a little piece of editing earlier in the episode: around 5 mins in, GS viewing the text message from the gangsters threatening Jung Ah if he doesn't pay up is immediately followed by Jung Ah using her phone to leave him a voice message, so we get to see both phones close up in quick succession)

Hey, baduy, I didn't notice that Jung Ah was looking at the video of Geun Soo on his own phone that he had left behind. When she looked up, though, wasn't she looking out the window at the first snow? (This was during the montage of Insoon's voiceover about what her grandmother had said about snow, right?)

@ canyayasis: Thanks for all the info :) I managed to work the GOM player and watch the drama. I actually did not realise how easy it is to watch dramas without those streaming video sites. And I agree with you on GOM player, its fantastic. :D

@ canyayasis: Thanks for all the info :) I managed to work the GOM player and watch the drama. I actually did not realise how easy it is to watch dramas without those streaming video sites. And I agree with you on GOM player, its fantastic. :D

I'm am so glad that it worked out.

GOM Player really is great.

And I'm like you, once I realized how EASY it was -

I was glad to promote and abide by WITHS2's wishes.

You're welcome.....if you manage to visit this thread again anytime soon.

Archived