1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I understand how you feel. I live far far away like you.:) I doubt he'd ever come to the United States. Hehehe.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a lurker, but I've been following this thread the whole way through. I noticed that some of the "Yoo Gals"(Are we even Yoo Gals anymore?) from back when this thread first started in 2005 are no longer active, while it's up to them what they do with their lives, I just find it really sad. Even the original person who started this thread(aalhl) is no longer active, which is his/her right, but I have to wonder why they left.

Anyway, just wanted to add that everyone here is great especially to those who post and update us. *sighs*

I feel like Gong Yoo is being a little unfair to his fans:(, both domestically and internationally. But that's just my opinion. The way he or his company goes about handling his things bothers me a little. I don't know why. I don't care about popularity or hit dramas or whatever, I just want him to be around more.-_-( no social media?? grrr!!)  Can't join his fan cafe, but I've read all his interviews, watched a few of his movies, and watched a few of his dramas, but there is still so little of him that I actually know. I know a lot of you have said that he's private, but come on!  I don't understand, does he hate his fans?

@lavendreHe should go to Singapore too! 

@chickenwing Lucky fans! I'm glad he renewed with Gong Hyo Jin :D

@princess nour90 It's great that he's meeting his fans there. Wow!

@anipanch I know right? I was excited too! Sometimes I want to punch Gong Yoo because he doesn't attend things. (Just kidding) :tongue:

I guess I sound bitter, anyway, sorry for the long post! This probably doesn't even make sense. Hehehe. Forgive me for not using this forum well. :D

Thank you.

Hey, nice to see another lurker go active! I've been a silent lurker here for almost 7 years....so yes. I am still in my mid-twenties so Yoo-gal right here, I must have been a Yoo-teen then, haha. I started lurking on this particular thread when I was new here but never had the courage to post, so I would silently drool on all of Gong Yoo's photos and admire him.  :wub:

Speaking for myself, I felt the urge to let the whole world know I've been stalking Gong Yoo ever since coffee prince and this thread and forum was a savior! Not sure why people have disappeared, probably other platforms and all that. I stay true to my celebcrushes and soompi is no.1 place for that. I need a psych real soon :tongue: But I'm very thankful (once again) for everyone who's keeping this thread alive, new and old friends :)

About Gong Yoo's "fan handling". I understand your sentiments because as an international fan I would love to see him interact more with overseas fans, but on the other hand, I do understand why that can't work out. I was also a bit bummed out about him not having any social media, but again, the whole fan-mob and netizens being naggy and the whole negative thing that comes with fame in Korea sort of makes me happy he doesn't have any. He has said in many interviews that he doesn't like being a public figure, and I admire him for that. The whole scandal culture in Korea is a bit harsh and kills careers and people don't forget and it goes on and on. BUT!! I agree with the fan cafe thing! The only place he uses is closed for the rest of the non-Korean speaking people :(

You're not bitter, we all come here to let our frustrations about not being able to see, touch and feel Gong Yoo :lol::wub: Hope I made sense, just wanted to share my two sides on the matter, I guess I share many same views with @princess nour90 :D Keep posting!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, princess nour90 said:

Hello, sister we all 're Yoo Gals even we're new fans of him, cuz GY is special actor & person for us :wub:,  And Don't worry about GY old fans they're still following him but not here even my sister aalhl still updating his news , pics, videos and everything about him in Gong Yoo lover . i don't know why most 0f GY fans don't like to chat here with us in soompi page , they 're chatting & updating all his lastest news in closed groups . 

Sometimes i feel GY not fair with us "his fans" and i envy fans of other actors who see their favorite actor attending many events , fan meeting, awards, variety shows and shooting many magazines , and so on but at the same time i respect his choice and his privacy i don't want him get hurt from crazy fans or get hurt from rumors made by media & k-netizens most of popular actors & idols 're involved in many rumors and scandals so i think GY is hiding to protect himself .

Anyway, i 'll always support GY and following him and from my deep heart i wish GY 'll benefit from his popularity now it's shame if he doesn't benefit from it  , and please gong yoo spreads your wings and flies in the sky you deserve this popularity and this huge success

And please @2handsintertwinedcontinue sharing your love for GY and chatting with us  :blush: 

2 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I understand how you feel. I live far far away like you.:) I doubt he'd ever come to the United States. Hehehe.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a lurker, but I've been following this thread the whole way through. I noticed that some of the "Yoo Gals"(Are we even Yoo Gals anymore?) from back when this thread first started in 2005 are no longer active, while it's up to them what they do with their lives, I just find it really sad. Even the original person who started this thread(aalhl) is no longer active, which is his/her right, but I have to wonder why they left.

Anyway, just wanted to add that everyone here is great especially to those who post and update us. *sighs*

I feel like Gong Yoo is being a little unfair to his fans:(, both domestically and internationally. But that's just my opinion. The way he or his company goes about handling his things bothers me a little. I don't know why. I don't care about popularity or hit dramas or whatever, I just want him to be around more.-_-( no social media?? grrr!!)  Can't join his fan cafe, but I've read all his interviews, watched a few of his movies, and watched a few of his dramas, but there is still so little of him that I actually know. I know a lot of you have said that he's private, but come on!  I don't understand, does he hate his fans?

@anipanch I know right? I was excited too! Sometimes I want to punch Gong Yoo because he doesn't attend things. (Just kidding) :tongue:

I guess I sound bitter, anyway, sorry for the long post! This probably doesn't even make sense. Hehehe. Forgive me for not using this forum well. :D

Thank you.

I'm studying in Ireland now so I'm 500% sure that he's not gonna come here. I'm from Malaysia and I'm 500% sure he won't come to Malaysia too... Usually international celebrities choose Singapore and Thailand for their meet-up destinations and since we're sandwiched in between the two, we never had a chance to meet them. I'm kinda sad with this fact too. But hey, as long as he knows how we all have been supporting him all these while... that's more than enough. I don't want to put on too much hope of meeting him in person anymore. I'm letting him go as a crush, but will admire him and his personality forever. <3

• Like 5

@_Dokkaebi_ i agree with every word you said as an international fan i want GY be more active , i want to see him appearing in more variety shows i want him has any SNS , want him posting pics of his daily life with his friends but when i see K- netizens reactions towards pics of actors posted in their personal \ official accounts i say thanks God GY doesn't have any accounts , i don't want him go through in this situation.

@nuryl it's bad feeling to hear your favorite actor visited country beside you but didn't come to your country , any way i'm happy GY finally take steps towards his international fans outside Korea , GY didn't have any actives outside Korea only fan meetings in Japan and he once attend a Dior fashion event in Hong Kong in 2011 beside that he didn't have any activities , i want him have another fan meetings in other countries " Thailand, Singapore , Indonesia, Philippines , and Malaysia just for you ^_^

• Like 5

9 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Thank you.

HI~~~~~~~~

Pls come here often, love to see more people de-lurk n post here. =)

About the social media account. I prefer he didnt have one. That is better actually.

As for variety, I prefer he have when he need too, like for movie promotions? Heee.

As for fanmeeting. I prefer he have but not too many like "idol" kind of fanmeeting. Yeah I do feel jealous looking at others celebrity having this fanmeeting tour, but I dont know why for GY I prefer he have but not that many. I prefer he have this DVD record he and his daily life, place he like to go, things he love, etc2, SUBBED-this is important-LOL. Release it with freebies like photobook, written letter, etc2.

Im weirdo and I know. Bahahahahaha.

For me I only want he greet the fans with his works. I dont want he appeared too much at media platform, cause I dont want his image overused, but in the same time he have to. It is for public to familiar with his face. In another words, just nice, balance it out.

Do I make sense? Haih.

Neway, I love epigram!. Their pictures, the color pallet, I love all.

On the other hands, if we look on the bright side, isnt GY record so many CFs. These CFs, mostly give us BTS, Photoshoot, Magazine too. Isnt that can make up the lack of other version interactions?. No?. 

• Like 6

Actor Gong Yoo, Dokkaebi-winds taking over the territory

17190939_10155114529849628_8674191012997

Actor Gong Yoo begins Asian occupation.

Through his film "Train To Busan" and drama "Dokkaebi", he has been attracting world-wide attention beyond Korea, and he is going to expand his field overseas.

Gong will begin his fan meeting on April 29th in Taiwan and on May 6th in Hong Kong. It is only six years since he opened the fan meeting abroad in commemoration of the tenth anniversary of his debut in 2011, but Taiwan and Hong Kong are the first since debut. I decided to focus on postponing the tour after the tour that took place at the time. There are other areas that are currently being discussed, and his visit is expected to increase.

Taiwan and Hong Kong are special to Gong. 
In 2007, drama "Coffee Prince" Taiwan was the first place to show interest in Gong. Local media came to Korea at that time.

Now Gong Yoo with Song Joong Ki, Yoo Ah In, and Park Bo Gum, They become the 'Four Great Kings' in Taiwan

Hong Kong is the place where recent fandom was formed. 'Dokkaebi' sold well, and the air was the hottest among the Asian countries during the broadcast. At the time of the broadcast, it was popular enough, we can find Gong's pictorial on the entrance and the chair of the subway. Fans also surged, sharing dozens of fan pages, SNS account, etc.

Gong was popular in China through drama 'Dokkaebi', but plans to reorganize Taiwan and Hong Kong as the starting point of a new Korean wave as the retaliatory measures in China.

On the other hand, Gong will hold a bazaar in Korea in mid-April before meeting overseas fans.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000547638

Translated By: Djin Ing Tan 

• Like 7

Gong yoo and Seolhyun the most celebrities who want to give them candy in White Day 

201703091626522549_1_99_20170309162705.j

In a survey conducted orf White Day, actor Gong Yoo and the AoA series of girl groups took first place as a favorite entertainer.

On the 9th, online survey company Pimmee (PMI) surveyed 2000 women in their 20s and 40s through the survey platform Tillian, Who is Male celebrity who wants to give him candy on White Day', 'the results of the survey were released.

The results Gong yoo took the first place of the most male celebrities want to give him candy with (22.7%) , and Seolhyun with (9.7%) as the most female celebrities who want to give her candy.

Other male celebrities followed by gong yoo are Park Bo-gum (16.5%) , Song joong ki (10.6%) , Hyun Bin (3.3%) and Jo in Sung (2.8%).

Gong yoo received the highest support from women in their 30s , 40s while Park Bo Gum received highest support from women in their 20s 

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002883415

• Like 5

21 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Thank you.

Frankly speaking, I think if it's not because of his love for acting, he would have quit the entertainment world all together.. He really doesnt like the attention he gets but ironically, he needs that to be able to do his job.. I'm very sad and I get depress for not being able to know what he's doing constantly.. But I think we as his fans, if we wish him to continue to stay in front of the camera, It'd be best to just support him this way without asking for more...

PS: I think it was in one of the interviews where he seriously thought about quitting entertainment (before & after coffee prince, due to the nature of this field) but decided to stay in the end because he just really really wanted to act... I think it saddens him too if we emphasize too much on his "celebrity" instead of appreciating his works and his efforts in front of the camera... Well, they are all my opinions based on my analysis of him through all the interviews I have read and watched though.. Not that I really know what he's thinking..

• Like 5

Woooo

17201301_769988349821466_723303934926804

17200920_769988353154799_882872168587760

Gong Yoo movies Train To Busan , Age Of Shadows 'll be shown in Abu Dhabi , Dubai in UAE in the Middle East 

I'm so so happy that GY movies 'll be shown here in the Middle East , First, gong yoo went to Dubai to shoot CF , then his 2 movies 'll be released there may be in the near future he'll attend any event there or have fan meeting , i just want to share my happiness with u , i can't describe my happiness i just want him know that he has Arabian fans love him& support him  :heart::blush:

Source: Gong Yoo Arab Fan Club 

• Like 6

Which stars are voted the most wanted date for White Day?

Seolhyun-gong-yoo_1489076766_af_org.jpg

White Day is another Valentine's Day in Korea where guys confess their love for a special someone with sweet chocolate and gifts. With the loveful holiday soon approaching on March 14, an online survey company, PMI, asked netizens to vote for the stars they wish to give and receive gifts on White Day. Over 2,000 people participated in the survey in the age demographic ranging from 20-years-old to 40-years-old.

The male celebrity to receive the most votes is Gong Yoo. The trending actor received 22.7% of the votes. The second male star to receive the most votes is Park Bo Gum with 16.5%. Song Joong Ki followed in 3rd with 10.6% then Hyun Bin with 3.3% and Jo In Sung with 2.8%. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/03/which-stars-are-voted-the-most-wanted-date-for-white-day

• Like 3

On 3/8/2017 at 2:58 PM, princess nour90 said:

Hello, sister we all 're Yoo Gals even we're new fans of him, cuz GY is special actor & person for us :wub:,  And Don't worry about GY old fans they're still following him but not here even my sister aalhl still updating his news , pics, videos and everything about him in Gong Yoo lover . i don't know why most 0f GY fans don't like to chat here with us in soompi page , they 're chatting & updating all his lastest news in closed groups . 

Sometimes i feel GY not fair with us "his fans" and i envy fans of other actors who see their favorite actor attending many events , fan meeting, awards, variety shows and shooting many magazines , and so on but at the same time i respect his choice and his privacy i don't want him get hurt from crazy fans or get hurt from rumors made by media & k-netizens most of popular actors & idols 're involved in many rumors and scandals so i think GY is hiding to protect himself .

Anyway, i 'll always support GY and following him and from my deep heart i wish GY 'll benefit from his popularity now it's shame if he doesn't benefit from it  , and please gong yoo spreads your wings and flies in the sky you deserve this popularity and this huge success

And please @2handsintertwinedcontinue sharing your love for GY and chatting with us  :blush: 

Hello :D Thank you. I'm glad we're all still Yoo Gals! And about aalhl, I'm glad she's doing her own thing.:) 

I will try to share my love for him here and chat too, because this place is fun!

I don't understand why most of his fans don't like chatting here on soompi either. This used to be the hottest place to chat about him and share news on him back when this thread first started, maybe I'm being nostalgic. Hehe, but times change, and people come and go. It is really sad though. I'm glad you feel he's being unfair to us too! And I feel the same way you do, envy towards other fans who get to see the people they like appear and doing things. I also respect his privacy just like you do, but I think he's too private.:angry: The world in my opinion has changed so much, and being private is like not existing at all, and that's why I feel like he's being unfair. That's why I feel like he needs social media(twitter, instagram, and others). Social media is the normal way to interact with fans these days and to exist I think. It sucks I know,  but I feel it's like that. Even politicians have social media! He should face reality and share a little something about himself with his fans through something :(. Like a picture of his favorite food? Pictures of inside his house? :) I'm just rambling. You're right about everything. I just want too much from him and that is sad, but that's my problem. *sigh* So about not wanting him to get hurt, don't most people have rumors? I don't know what he's doing, but rumors happen to everyone, right? Hiding to protect himself? Arrghh! Okay... I feel like he is being ridiculous! He's not the only one who has rumors and who needs protecting. I feel like he is again being unfair. He can only hide so much before we feel neglected and before he falls off the face of the earth. :) About popularity, I understand that you want him to benefit from it, but I have to disagree with you. :)

I think popularity is like a season, like winter, spring, summer and fall. It comes and goes. What's popular today might not be popular

tomorrow. I think that's why he should be good to ALL of us, near and far. Aren't we the reason he is where he is today? :) Hehe I can imagine him spreading his wings and flying through to sky as he enjoys his success, but what is success to him? I have to wonder. He is

so frustrating and confusing :(. Sorry for ranting and you are entitled to your opinions. :) I just think he needs to change a little. :lol: 

On 3/8/2017 at 4:26 PM, _Dokkaebi_ said:

Hey, nice to see another lurker go active! I've been a silent lurker here for almost 7 years....so yes. I am still in my mid-twenties so Yoo-gal right here, I must have been a Yoo-teen then, haha. I started lurking on this particular thread when I was new here but never had the courage to post, so I would silently drool on all of Gong Yoo's photos and admire him.  :wub:

Speaking for myself, I felt the urge to let the whole world know I've been stalking Gong Yoo ever since coffee prince and this thread and forum was a savior! Not sure why people have disappeared, probably other platforms and all that. I stay true to my celebcrushes and soompi is no.1 place for that. I need a psych real soon :tongue: But I'm very thankful (once again) for everyone who's keeping this thread alive, new and old friends :)

About Gong Yoo's "fan handling". I understand your sentiments because as an international fan I would love to see him interact more with overseas fans, but on the other hand, I do understand why that can't work out. I was also a bit bummed out about him not having any social media, but again, the whole fan-mob and netizens being naggy and the whole negative thing that comes with fame in Korea sort of makes me happy he doesn't have any. He has said in many interviews that he doesn't like being a public figure, and I admire him for that. The whole scandal culture in Korea is a bit harsh and kills careers and people don't forget and it goes on and on. BUT!! I agree with the fan cafe thing! The only place he uses is closed for the rest of the non-Korean speaking people :(

You're not bitter, we all come here to let our frustrations about not being able to see, touch and feel Gong Yoo :lol::wub: Hope I made sense, just wanted to share my two sides on the matter, I guess I share many same views with @princess nour90 :D Keep posting!

I know right? Let's celebrate all lurkers. Hehehe. :) I think it's great that after 7 years of lurking  you've built up the courage to let the whole world know you've been stalking him since coffee prince! Hehehe. That's a long time. And I'm glad this forum is your savior and no.1 place for you. Yeah, people disappear, and I'm not sure either, but it makes sense that you said they are probably using other platforms. I'm thankful to everyone who's been keeping this thread alive too. Like you said, new and old! I'm glad you understand and feel the same way. So that's the reason you don't think he should have any social media? Arrggh... That makes sense, but he needs to deal with it. There's a price to fame. Does he not want anything to be what he is right now? Because I feel like he doesn't want what he has. Fame sucks, but he's going to have to deal with it and it's consequences. :tongue: That's my opinion though. Scandals do kill careers, and you're right people don't forget. Ever. But that's just how it is...Like I said he's confusing...:( I'm glad you agree about the fan cafe. Yeah, those of us who are international fans can't see him on the only place he uses. :( I'm not bitter? Okay; If you say so, but you're too kind. Hehe. People who get to see and touch and feel him, wow...They're so lucky! :) I want to do that too. You did make sense. More than I do. haahahha. I understand why you share the same views with @princess nour90. She is speaking what a lot us are feeling inside, but can't express. 

Will try to keep posting.

Thank you. :) Also, I'm sorry if I'm running around in circles.

• Like 4

On 3/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, nuryl said:

I'm studying in Ireland now so I'm 500% sure that he's not gonna come here. I'm from Malaysia and I'm 500% sure he won't come to Malaysia too... Usually international celebrities choose Singapore and Thailand for their meet-up destinations and since we're sandwiched in between the two, we never had a chance to meet them. I'm kinda sad with this fact too. But hey, as long as he knows how we all have been supporting him all these while... that's more than enough. I don't want to put on too much hope of meeting him in person anymore. I'm letting him go as a crush, but will admire him and his personality forever. <3

Ireland? Malaysia? He should visit both. Aww, I'm sorry that you live in those places people usually won't visit. :(

Yes, the fact that he knows we are supporting him should be enough. And I'm just teasing you, but it's not enough for me. I want more. Sorry. :) And how would he know we are supporting him? There's no way for us to show him, right? :D

• Like 5

On 3/8/2017 at 5:15 PM, princess nour90 said:

@_Dokkaebi_ i agree with every word you said as an international fan i want GY be more active , i want to see him appearing in more variety shows i want him has any SNS , want him posting pics of his daily life with his friends but when i see K- netizens reactions towards pics of actors posted in their personal \ official accounts i say thanks God GY doesn't have any accounts , i don't want him go through in this situation.

@nuryl it's bad feeling to hear your favorite actor visited country beside you but didn't come to your country , any way i'm happy GY finally take steps towards his international fans outside Korea , GY didn't have any actives outside Korea only fan meetings in Japan and he once attend a Dior fashion event in Hong Kong in 2011 beside that he didn't have any activities , i want him have another fan meetings in other countries " Thailand, Singapore , Indonesia, Philippines , and Malaysia just for you ^_^

Maybe he needs to go through this situation with social media though? :tongue: Just to be around. And it is a bad feeling to hear that people won't visit your country. Wow! he hasn't attended anything outside korea in a while, but has he even attended anything in korea? :D Yes, he doesn't seem to have many activities... I want him to have another fan meeting too in all sorts of places!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

HI~~~~~~~~

About the social media account. I prefer he didnt have one. That is better actually.

As for variety, I prefer he have when he need too, like for movie promotions? Heee.

As for fanmeeting. I prefer he have but not too many like "idol" kind of fanmeeting. Yeah I do feel jealous looking at others celebrity having this fanmeeting tour, but I dont know why for GY I prefer he have but not that many. I prefer he have this DVD record he and his daily life, place he like to go, things he love, etc2, SUBBED-this is important-LOL. Release it with freebies like photobook, written letter, etc2.

For me I only want he greet the fans with his works. I dont want he appeared too much at media platform, cause I dont want his image overused, but in the same time he have to. It is for public to familiar with his face. In another words, just nice, balance it out.

Do I make sense? Haih.

On the other hands, if we look on the bright side, isnt GY record so many CFs. These CFs, mostly give us BTS, Photoshoot, Magazine too. Isnt that can make up the lack of other version interactions?. No?. 

Hi :)

You do make sense to me. Hahaha. You guys keep saying to de-lurk. at this point im like okay, fine! And to all other lurkers, come out too :) Okay, so you prefer him not to have social media. That's your right to feel that way. Why is it better? Others have it. It's interesting what you say. You say that you prefer him not to have too many fan meetings, but you prefer him to just release a dvd or a photobook. Are you sure? How else are we supposed to see and interact with him. I think it's interesting how you feel. You're not a weirdo. It's just the way you feel. Only have variety when he needs to? Wow! You mean that? Ok. :D He needs to do variety often. Hehehe. Is he even good on variety? Oh wait, he doesn't appear on variety so how would we know? :tongue: So you only want him to greet us through his works and you don't want his image overused. Interesting. I didn't know someone's image could be overused on media platforms, but if that happens that would be sad. I don't think his image could be overused, because it's not being used much at all. hehehe. Just kidding. Yes, at the same time the public needs to be familiar with his face and he needs to balance things out, but he's not doing that. He's disappearing in my opinon! :blink: Epigram is nice. I love it too. 

Yes, if we look on the bright side and it does make up for what's lacking, but his cfs are so far off in the future that it feels like we'll never get to see them to me, and i want to see him doing things and see him be real. That's all. :)

8 hours ago, casey1409 said:

Frankly speaking, I think if it's not because of his love for acting, he would have quit the entertainment world all together.. He really doesnt like the attention he gets but ironically, he needs that to be able to do his job.. I'm very sad and I get depress for not being able to know what he's doing constantly.. But I think we as his fans, if we wish him to continue to stay in front of the camera, It'd be best to just support him this way without asking for more...

PS: I think it was in one of the interviews where he seriously thought about quitting entertainment (before & after coffee prince, due to the nature of this field) but decided to stay in the end because he just really really wanted to act... I think it saddens him too if we emphasize too much on his "celebrity" instead of appreciating his works and his efforts in front of the camera... Well, they are all my opinions based on my analysis of him through all the interviews I have read and watched though.. Not that I really know what he's thinking..

Hi, 

I didn't know that he was going to quit everything if not for his love of acting. :( That makes me very sad. It is ironic that he doesn't like attention he gets, but he needs it to do his job, so what does he do? What should he do? He needs to figure that out, soon. :) He sounds confused. Not being able to see what he's doing is depressing. It's like, is he safe? Is he getting enough rest? But how would anyone know? So I worry about him. So you think the only way to support him and to keep seeing him is supporting him without asking for more?

Arrghh! Then how do we do that? That's going to be hard when all I want is more. I feel deprived sometimes, and sad. I feel like he gives us so little that it's hard to not want more. But that's just me. So he said in an interview that he was going to quit before and after coffee prince? But he didn't because he wants to act? That is so sad. He is so sad, and I don't know what to really say, because that sounds depressing, but at the same time, I want to tell him to stop being so hard on himself. I appreciate your opinions, and they matter. I'm sure it does sadden him if we emphasize too much on his "celebrity" instead of appreciating his works and his efforts in front of the camera, but how are we going to do that? There's going to be some of us who think of him as a celebrity and appreciate his works. This sounds so hard, and if this is what saddens him, then I just want to pat him on the back, because this sounds like a big weight to have on his shoulders. I think he thinks too much? Well, you did a good job in telling what he's thinking, because as confusing and as confused he sounds, I don't see how anyone would know what he's thinking even after reading his interviews. :) So good job! Thank you for that information by the way. Where can I watch this interview by the way? 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

HI~~~~~~~~

Do I make sense? Haih.

We can all be weird and senseless together. :)  
I am still in the process of constant recalibration between curiosity, fantasy and reality. Simply put, my needs, wants and get. Below is kind of my 'mantra'. 

1. He is popular, a celebrity actor but human nonetheless. So he has his rights... 
2. I may adore him but, we lived in separate spheres...really. 
3. I don't understand what he is saying in most interviews and I wish SOOP would get translators but, I am glad he is animated and fun to watch. 
4. there isn't much news about him but, I like to think that whatever he said is honest. Besides, actors generally low profile unless they take on other roles such as MC/ variety shows/ CFS. 
5. Frankly, if I know everything about him...I might lose interest (cos humans are not perfect and always interesting).  
6. I want to be a gracious fan. The truth is very few actors/celebrities will age in the limelight. Very often, they do fade into obscurity.  And I think GY is preparing for that day. 

In the meantime, I just want to root for him as I believed his quest is to leave a legacy of noteworthy films. And I think someone who is pursuing perfection in their craft is worth rooting for. And yes, it helps that this 'someone' is gorgeous...

Personally, I like outdoor shots a lot more. The play with natural light and external elements just makes it more poignant for me.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

You do make sense to me. Hahaha. You guys keep saying to de-lurk. at this point im like okay, fine! And to all other lurkers, come out too :) Okay, so you prefer him not to have social media. That's your right to feel that way. Why is it better? Others have it. It's interesting what you say. You say that you prefer him not to have too many fan meetings, but you prefer him to just release a dvd or a photobook. Are you sure? How else are we supposed to see and interact with him. I think it's interesting how you feel. You're not a weirdo. It's just the way you feel. Only have variety when he needs to? Wow! You mean that? Ok. :D He needs to do variety often. Hehehe. Is he even good on variety? Oh wait, he doesn't appear on variety so how would we know? :tongue: So you only want him to greet us through his works and you don't want his image overused. Interesting. I didn't know someone's image could be overused on media platforms, but if that happens that would be sad. I don't think his image could be overused, because it's not being used much at all. hehehe. Just kidding. Yes, at the same time the public needs to be familiar with his face and he needs to balance things out, but he's not doing that. He's disappearing in my opinon! :blink: Epigram is nice. I love it too. 

Yes, if we look on the bright side and it does make up for what's lacking, but his cfs are so far off in the future that it feels like we'll never get to see them to me, and i want to see him doing things and see him be real. That's all. :)

yayyyy, love to read words from the senior. heeeeeee. cause i practially newbie, i like him but never vocal/write/read it here in the early days.

I would love too if he used media social, I dont think he will have problem to manage his social media, cause we all know he is a very wise actor, know what is good what is bad for his life, his career. Previously he said he dont like the idea of thinking how many people like his post, etc2. Yeah, since it give peace for his mind not to having a social media, then let it be. hehehehehe. ---tho secretly I wish his manager or stylist update about him, LOL. But I dont know if his team have Instagram, etc2 and not private?or have official account like LDW?-----

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.....that only apply for fanmeeting, not fansign~~...he can have fansign as many as he can, but yeah available only in SK. Sigh. OR maybe because I saw he have pack schedule, I wish he have his rest as soon as possible, that make me think I dont want he have fanmeeting tour like Idol having tour concert. -.-", it is time consuming n energy drain too. ---now i sound like a mother hen, constantly worried over him, what the =.="---. But im not object it if he want to do it. As long he is happy~~, obviously he is, cause he can relay his thankfulness to his fans directly. =))))

sometimes when i saw the same face like practically everywhere, i feel like "this face again?"...LOL.--this is when i think the image is overused. But that also means a good thing, he was like "wanted". Cause everyone want him. Just me be like "again?".-crazy me- But GY is not. So it is ok. Hehehehe.

the variety part, yes im very sincere for him to do variety for movie,drama promotion. Or he can do NaPD variety, which is short term. Not like RM,2D1N kind of variety long term.

6 hours ago, gongi said:

We can all be weird and senseless together. :)  
I am still in the process of constant recalibration between curiosity, fantasy and reality. Simply put, my needs, wants and get. Below is kind of my 'mantra'. 

1. He is popular, a celebrity actor but human nonetheless. So he has his rights... 
2. I may adore him but, we lived in separate spheres...really. 
3. I don't understand what he is saying in most interviews and I wish SOOP would get translators but, I am glad he is animated and fun to watch. 
4. there isn't much news about him but, I like to think that whatever he said is honest. Besides, actors generally low profile unless they take on other roles such as MC/ variety shows/ CFS. 
5. Frankly, if I know everything about him...I might lose interest (cos humans are not perfect and always interesting).  
6. I want to be a gracious fan. The truth is very few actors/celebrities will age in the limelight. Very often, they do fade into obscurity.  And I think GY is preparing for that day. 

In the meantime, I just want to root for him as I believed his quest is to leave a legacy of noteworthy films. And I think someone who is pursuing perfection in their craft is worth rooting for. And yes, it helps that this 'someone' is gorgeous...

Personally, I like outdoor shots a lot more. The play with natural light and external elements just makes it more poignant for me.

No.3!!!! My god, seriously SOOP should have english dept to translate their artist article into english. It will be HEAVEN for us. Hahahahaha.

Yes for no 6. Im prepairing for that too. :)

BC card CF shooting at Australia release.

Spoiler

Epigram
Spoiler

Discovery Expedition FB

sbiksSO.pngNyVKTf6.pngGTycLF3.png

• Like 5

7 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Hi, 

I didn't know that he was going to quit everything if not for his love of acting. :( That makes me very sad. It is ironic that he doesn't like attention he gets, but he needs it to do his job, so what does he do? What should he do? He needs to figure that out, soon. :) He sounds confused. Not being able to see what he's doing is depressing. It's like, is he safe? Is he getting enough rest? But how would anyone know? So I worry about him. So you think the only way to support him and to keep seeing him is supporting him without asking for more?

Arrghh! Then how do we do that? That's going to be hard when all I want is more. I feel deprived sometimes, and sad. I feel like he gives us so little that it's hard to not want more. But that's just me. So he said in an interview that he was going to quit before and after coffee prince? But he didn't because he wants to act? That is so sad. He is so sad, and I don't know what to really say, because that sounds depressing, but at the same time, I want to tell him to stop being so hard on himself. I appreciate your opinions, and they matter. I'm sure it does sadden him if we emphasize too much on his "celebrity" instead of appreciating his works and his efforts in front of the camera, but how are we going to do that? There's going to be some of us who think of him as a celebrity and appreciate his works. This sounds so hard, and if this is what saddens him, then I just want to pat him on the back, because this sounds like a big weight to have on his shoulders. I think he thinks too much? Well, you did a good job in telling what he's thinking, because as confusing and as confused he sounds, I don't see how anyone would know what he's thinking even after reading his interviews. :) So good job! Thank you for that information by the way. Where can I watch this interview by the way? 

you should watch the interview with "people insider".. he talked alot about himself there.. I think he was at a very confused state after getting the sudden fame after coffee prince, to the point he was mentally unstable and would hurt himself (by punching walls) so he went to the army service although he should have profited from the fame he gained and film lots of cf and ads... I think he has found the balance that he's been searching for now.. so no worries... But he was always thinking of quitting this job... (It's all stated in the interview i mentioned).. (In dept personality reviews starts around 20mins.. but i recommend just watch the whole thing.. it's a bliss to watch him talk.. with his oh so deep and sexy voice~~)

I think we as his fans should really pay attention to his works instead of his "celebrity life".. As in how good of an actor he is.. and occasional shows of support through forums, writing letters and stuf.. I mean, it would have pained me a lot if my fans aren't focusing on how good an actor I am but on how good looking I am, how do I live my life or even just the character of the role I played.. Like how ( Leornado Di Caprio would be treated like... a teenage idol that never acted before?? )

He knows how we love him... So he will show himself from time to time.. Just like all the fanmeetings that he's been & will be going, although he's exhausted (it was obvious during his fan signing event for kanu latte).. But we shouldn't be mad at him for not having something that shows his life all the time...

I had the same dilemma too.. like.. "what the hell can I do to support you then?!?!" 

shout outs too all YOO-gurls!

Any idea how we can show our best support as international fans?? I would have joined the cafes if I knew at least how to... Its all in korean or japanese i dont even know where to click!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Ireland? Malaysia? He should visit both. Aww, I'm sorry that you live in those places people usually won't visit. :(

Yes, the fact that he knows we are supporting him should be enough. And I'm just teasing you, but it's not enough for me. I want more. Sorry. :) And how would he know we are supporting him? There's no way for us to show him, right? :D

I certainly understand you well :wink: and you're right about him not being fair to his fans. Maybe, it could be just me... but I think his secretive nature attracted me to him the most. His personality is not something that you can be entirely sure about, he's mysterious. It just makes me feel like he's being fair and honest to himself. He kills two birds with one stone. He got to be famous through his acting skills and at the same time he still has that privacy in life. I totally respect him for that and it just pulls me to him even more. <3 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, casey1409 said:

you should watch the interview with "people insider".. he talked alot about himself there.. I think he was at a very confused state after getting the sudden fame after coffee prince, to the point he was mentally unstable and would hurt himself (by punching walls) so he went to the army service although he should have profited from the fame he gained and film lots of cf and ads... I think he has found the balance that he's been searching for now.. so no worries... But he was always thinking of quitting this job... (It's all stated in the interview i mentioned).. (In dept personality reviews starts around 20mins.. but i recommend just watch the whole thing.. it's a bliss to watch him talk.. with his oh so deep and sexy voice~~)

I think we as his fans should really pay attention to his works instead of his "celebrity life".. As in how good of an actor he is.. and occasional shows of support through forums, writing letters and stuf.. I mean, it would have pained me a lot if my fans aren't focusing on how good an actor I am but on how good looking I am, how do I live my life or even just the character of the role I played.. That's not supporting him as an actor.. 

He knows how we love him... So he will show himself from time to time.. Just like all the fanmeetings that he's been going, although he's exhausted (it was obvious during his fan signing even for kanu latte).. But we shouldn't be mad at him for not having something that shows his life all the time...

I had the same dilemma too.. like.. "what the hell can I do to support you then?!?!" 

shout outs too all YOO-gurls!

Any idea how we can show our best support as international fans?? I would have joined the cafes if I knew at least how to... Its all in korean or japanese i dont even know where to click!

Yes!! that interview make me be like "ok, just accept what he going to give, dont ask for more, less is much better" =). That why I said I prefer he greet the fans through his works, having FM just nice. Cause I dont want to burden him more.

But I do understand some of the frustrations. We are human too. =)) .

So let just be happy that he still got works to do and we can see him through the screen. =)))

• Like 6