[drama 2007] Golden Bride (황금신부)

Guest yeohweping

^ At the press conference, Kim Young Ah said that she studied Vietnamese for 3 months before filming began so while her accent might or might not be authentic, at least she took time to learn the language.

Heechul plays Kim Young Soo, the youngest brother of Kim Young Min (Sohng Jong Ho) who is married to Oak Ji Young (Choi Yeo Jin) who is still in love with her ex-boyfriend Kang Joon Woo (Sohng Chang Eui) who is the male lead who marries Nguyen Jin Joo (Kim Young Ah) and is the brother of Heechul's girlfriend Kang Sae Mi (Han Yeo Woon). Still with me??? LOL

Basically, there is bad blood between the two families, the Kangs and the Kims, for various reasons including the fact that Kim's wife is still in love with Kang so I guess that and the fact that they are both young are the reasons why both families oppose Heechul's character and his girlfriend from getting married, which is why they end up living together and ultimately why she ends up pregnant out of wedlock.

Heechul is a side character from the main storyline, but that's the great thing about a 50 episode drama. Even the side characters get a full storyline :)

So basicly one pair of siblings (Kim) is in love with another pair of siblings (Kang). Apparently, the Kim's have the hots for the Kang's.

Is this right :unsure:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Hi, Gerry! Yes, that's right.

I have a feeling that since Kim's wife still has the hots for Kang, he's going to go all evil and go after Kang's wife for revenge? We've seen it before, haha.

Guest rrrrrai

OMG SO EXCITING! [:

OMG 50 EPISODES? O:

The plot still sounds complicated to me.

Okay I'm just slow, forgive me. T_T

Anyway, thanks for sharing all the pretty pics! ^^ Yay.

Guest mineowyn

I heard Kyun Mi-Ri is playing one of the 2nd couple's 50 year-old mother? Is this true.

Cool story, but I can't help but feel a little put-off, as the leads aren't exactly eye-candy material and the story is kinda boring...

^ I think the leads are quite good looking. Song Chang Ui is really handsome and Lee Young Ah is very pretty in her own way.

For those of you who are confused:

Nguyen Jin Joo - Half Korean-half Vietnamese. Father abandoned her and her mother when she was little or might even be before her birth. Lives in Hanoi with her mom and works as a translator for a match-making company. Ends up agreeing to marry Kang Jun Woo for $1,500 after her mom loses her eyesight or is near losing her sight and also after she forgets to pick up Jun Woo's mom and aunt at the airport. Moves to Korea to live with her husband and to search for her dad.

Kang Jun Woo - Heartbroken from his break-up with Ok Ji Young. Suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Marries Jin joo but still longs for Ji Young.

Ok Ji Young - Breaks up with Jun Woo, marries Kim Young Min but still has feelings for Jung Woo. Becomes rivals with Jin Joo for Jun Woo.

Kim Young Min - Married to Ji Young but becomes rivals against Jun Woo because of it. Heir to a big company it seems. Is very jealous of any man who comes near Ji Young, especially Jun Woo.

Kim Young Su - The younger brother of Kim Young Min, is in love with Kang Sae Min (Jun Woo's younger sister) but because both families are against their relationship they move in together. I believe they later get pregnant, not sure. He's also the type to play all day instead of work.

(Both families are rivals cause Young Min hates Jun Woo cause of Ji Young, Ji Young hates Jin Joo cause of Jun Woo.)

Kang Sae Mi - The youngest of two sisters in the Kang Family. Lives with Young Su. Possibly gets pregnant later in the drama.

Kang Won Mi - The oldest of the sisters in the Kang Family. Not too sure on what her story is but she apparently plays the old maid sister.

Those are the mains, I believe, from my understand of the story and it's characters.

Guest damifino

So basicly one pair of siblings (Kim) is in love with another pair of siblings (Kang). Apparently, the Kim's have the hots for the Kang's.

Is this right :unsure:

Well, not quite. One pair of siblings (Kangs, a brother and sister) have the hots for two members of the Kim FAMILY, but not a pair of siblings. Brother Kang has the hots for Kim's wife (and vice versa) and sister Kang has the hots for Kim's brother (and vice versa).

As for Kim going after Kang's wife for revenge? I think he goes after Kang's business rather than the wife.

As for Kim going after Kang's wife for revenge? I think he goes after Kang's business rather than the wife.

Ooh, that's a good one too! What does he do again? One more day plus some change :D :D .

puahahaha I recognized the main girl's mother! She's a veteran Vietnamese actress :D Gosh, is she like in every foreign movie/drama or something...

Lee Young Ah... I remember her from somewhere...definitely looks familiar T_______T She looks kinda awkward in the first few pictures with ao dai, but looks cuter in later pics ^_^ They film some scenes in Vietnam right? (I recognize the places ^_^)

Haha gonna check this one out. Intriguing :D (maybe they decided to do something long after Hanoi bride? lolz)

Guest chaerae

Hmm, they've actually been shooting some of the scenes at my uncle's apartment complex. Wasn't too familiar with the premise or cast of the drama at the time, but I was curious enough to peer out while visiting. Saw Choi Yuh Jin doing some scenes in a white car, not much else... This is starting in July?

Well, not quite. One pair of siblings (Kangs, a brother and sister) have the hots for two members of the Kim FAMILY, but not a pair of siblings. Brother Kang has the hots for Kim's wife (and vice versa) and sister Kang has the hots for Kim's brother (and vice versa).

Thank you damifino for the clarification!

Thank you jun ji for the character descriptions.

Well this start tomorrow, hopes it's as interesting as it looks.

EPISODE 1 (LQ) AVAILABLE NOW @ WITHS2CB

*I'll upload the HQ also when it's ready :)

I'm watching episode 1 right now. Wow, what a wonderful cast! hehe...

But, 50 eps? Eeeekz. I don't know if I'll continue to upload the LQ version or not.

But HQ will be available in WITHS2CB from now on. =)

Guest shronie_x3

^

ahhh! thank you so much. i`m downloading lq right now :]

but.. no more lq? :tears: idk if i`ll be able to fit 50 episodes to hq lol

Guest shronie_x3

i just watched episode one. it`s pretty good so far. it kept my attention, so that`s always good. heechul was on for like.. five seconds though lol but i expected them to focus on the main characters first.

here`s my summary. my korean isn`t perfect so... i might have some mistakes. :unsure:

i took notes and they`re all over the place..i think it`ll make sense if you read it while watching it lol, for people that aren`t korean.

JinJoo [LYA] is a guide/translator that works for this global wedding service company under this korean guy.

-she tries to sell stuff to the korean men saying that vietnamese girls like presents lol

-she sells a toupee to one guy

-the vietnamese girls and the korean guys go on their dates

Two women are meeting this rich woman

-their car breaks down in front of the rich woman`s house

-the rich woman, i think her name is Ok Kyung, invited them to.. make up, the two families don`t like eachother.

-Ok kyung talks about how her son is getting married.

-Junwoo`s mom talks about how her son is going to a job interview today.

-At the job interview, the man asks Junwoo why he was unemployed[?] for three years. Junwoo says that he was sick during that time. A flashback appears and it shows Junwoo and his past girlfriend [CYJ]. He gets some kind of panic attack and he can't breathe and he passes out.

-Junwoo`s mom gets a phone call and she runs out, along with the woman next to her

At the hospital, Junwoo's mom blames everything on her husband...

During the wedding service program, the man who bought the toupee isn`t happy because he didn`t end up with a woman. JinJoo says that she will find him a really nice girl. JinJoo goes to this factory and asks a girl if she`s interested in going out on a date with a Korean man.

At the hospital, Junwoo`s mom says that the only way she believes Junwoo will get better is if he meets/marries another girl. They decide to go to Vietnam to the global wedding service.

At night, JinJoo asks her mom if she can see her. I think her mom can see, but she`s slowly losing her eyesight. JinJoo says to wait and she`ll earn enough money soon to pay for her mom`s surgery.

At Ok Kyung`s house. I think Ok Kyung`s husband used to love Junwoo`s mom. :wacko:

They eat dinner. The dad yells at Young Su [KHC] to stop playing around and going to clubs. *Heechul`s so cute here >.<*

Kang Sae Mi is some kind of model? There`s this guy that follows her around and does everything for her. he`s weird... and she acts really spoiled too.

Ok Kyung`s son is getting married to Junwoo`s past girlfriend [CYJ]. She gets flowers with a card that says 'Please come out for a second.' That`s why the fiancee gets mad thinking it`s some other guy, but it turns out to be her soon to be father-in-law, who gets her a car.

JinJoo`s boss tells her to go to the airport at 3 to pick up two women.

The toupee guy and his new date to go the pool together. they end up liking eachother. haha. On the date, JinJoo gets a phone call about her mom. Her mom fell down the stairs while cleaning.

JinJoo completely forgets about the airport and goes to the hospital. The two women get pissed off, get lost, and get their bag stolen.

At the hospital, the doctor says that JinJoo`s mom has only about a year or two to live. There`s no treatment for her disease and she will become blind. Her mom has Retinitis Pigmentosa. Look it up. =P

Her boss calls her and yells at her for not going to the airport. Junwoo`s mom slaps her. Afterwards, her boss talks about her dad and how she is exactly like him. Her dad didn`t keep his promise either. There`s a flashback to her childhood. I`m guessing the kids taunted her when she was younger because she had no dad.

JinJoo goes to the hotel/motel where the two women are staying at to apologize, but the woman refuses. JinJoo says she doesn`t want to be like her dad, who makes promises to wait, but breaks them. Her dad went to Korea 20 years ago.

Did that make any sense? :P

shronie_x3...

Thank you so much for the summary. :wub:

I'm not sure I can stick around for the whole drama...but I'll try to help with the pictures whenever I can.

Some pictures from episode 1...

ceyes00000021rj6.jpg

ceyes00000089vv4.jpg

ceyes00000003bg9.jpg

ceyes00000135on1.jpg

ceyes00100007fr6.jpg

ceyes00200009yq0.jpg

ceyes00200128fz9.jpg

ceyes00300014lf7.jpg

ceyes00300061wr7.jpg

ceyes00300103vt1.jpg

ceyes00300151yf9.jpg