[drama 2007] Golden Bride (황금신부)

Guest yeohweping

Short summary Eppie 3:

First off, I'm not Korean so I won't be able to translate scenes or tell you what is said but here's a gist of it.

Han Suk (Jun Woo's mom) is talking and telling Junwoo and the rest of the family that the picture is of his "wife". He refuses to marry her and leaves the room. His mom is upset at him for being so stubborn. Junwoo goes to his workshop (he is into carpentry). Han Suk is in there with the framed picture of Jinjoo which she has placed on his shelf in his workshop, Junwoo walks in and he gets angry at how she's trying to make him marry Jin joo and after his mom leaves he throws it onto the floor where it shattered and broke.

Jinjoo asks her boss to help look after her mom and gives him all her savings to help care for her and make sure she's okay. Her mom is still questioning her wanting to marry a korean guy. But at the end she agrees to let Jinjoo leave and look for her dad.

Ok Kyung and Han Suk's classmates are meeting for lunch (i think) and Young Min arrives with Ji Young and Ok Kyung introduces her to everyone as Young Min's wife-to-be. Ji Young says hi and Han Suk looks up and sees that its her so she grasps her cup of tea/water and throws it onto Ok Kyung and leaves. Ji Young is shocked to see her there. Ok Kyung is going all crazy and Han Suk and her sister-in-law (the lady who went with her to Vietnam, can't remember her name) leaves.

They're at home when Ji Young tries to call Junwoo after the incident at lunch but she has his old cellphone number so she calls the house and Han Suk picks up, at first she hesitates but when Junwoo's mom is about to hang up she tells her "it's me, Ji Young, Mom" and Han Suk asks who she is calling "mom" and says some other stuff which I'm not able to translate. Ji Young begs to meet for 10 minutes, 5 minutes even just to talk and Han Suk yells at her and then hangs up. Ji Young decides to go to Junwoo's house.

Han Suk tells Junwoo that she saw Ji Young and he becomes weak. She leaves to meet Ok Kyung cause she wanted to meet and get an answer for what happened. Ji Young then arrives at Junwoo's house, he's in his workshop and just as he was swallowing his meds she walks in and he drops his cup of water. She begs him to stop his mom saying that her "new" mother knows nothing (i think) and blahblahblah... She tells him she's getting married and that she just wants his mom to stop. He gets angry and grabs her arm but she leaves.

Junwoo calls his mom as she's meeting with Ok Kyung and asks her to stop whatever she's doing and she refuses and then is about to hang up when he tells her that he'll get married, he'll marry Jinjoo if she stops trying to reveal Ji Young's past. Han Suk leaves the cafe only to find her husband outside who puts her into his truck and drives her to his workplace to question why she's doing everything she's doing. She breaks down explaining herself and he ends up holding her as she cries.

Young Su is still trying to impress Sae Mi, and while at the club he pulls a "Son Ye Jin" moment from "Art of Seduction" by having water fall onto him from above the dance floor but to his surprise she doesn't even notice him cause she was a bit drunk and then she leaves just as he was beckoning her to go to him on the dance floor. He chases after her but her cab leaves. He later has a nightmare reliving the event but it ends up as everyone is laughing at him after the water incident, Kang Sae Mi included. He wakes up as his mom is by his side asking him what's wrong, she later hands him a credit card and leaves but tells him not to tell his dad about it.

I think Dong Gu is now going after Won Mi, lol. They're so funny.

The ep ends as Han Suk and her sis-in-law are at the airport picking Jinjoo up.

Awww, no preview for eppie 4.

That's what I got from the eppie, please feel free to add to it or correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit:

v You're welcome, though it wasn't in order hopefully it helps a bit :D .

Saw the preview for eppie 4. It seems that Ji Young and Young Min get married in the next ep. However, Ji Young gets a surprise visit from Sae Mi who throws a smack down on her, :lol: ! Yay!

Jinjoo arrives in Korea and is met by her new mother-in-law and her new Aunt-in-law. She also finally meets Junwoo (ahhhhhhh :w00t: ) and the family. They also go out for a little date, hehe. I see them walking and talking and even row-boating, how romantic, lol. He also holds her hand and and says something to her about marriage. Oh, and it seems he offered his jacket to her. (I'm a hopeless romantic, :sweatingbullets: ) He seems like such a sweet guy, I'm guessing from the previews. I'm hoping that as the drama progresses they'll reveal to us exactly how and why Ji Young left Jun Woo.

Also, I'm taking a stab at it but it seems like Jun Woo's dad works for a rice cake company or their family owns one. His dad seems so sweet too. I loved how he tried to cheer Junwoo up in eppie 2.

I feel so bad for Han Suk (Jun woo's mom), how hard she's trying to help her son forget his past and move on.

Gerry, to help answer one of your previous questions, the two mothers are classmates, I believe. The lady who they met and who didn't seem to like Ji Young at first is actually Ok Kyung's aunt or maybe her husband's aunt (Imo nim they called her). It seems that Ok Kyung isn't too thrilled about her either. It seemed that the lady was much more nice to Han Suk than Ok Kyung.

I really need to take an advanced Korean class, :tears: .

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first time I watched a drama live...and that's probably the last time too <_< ! So much buffering! Especially at the really good parts!

Here's my scene summary of Eppie 4 or what I got to watch of it:

Jinjoo arrives in Korea and is met by Hansuk and her sister-in-law. Jinjoo starts waving at them but they're rather trying to hide. Jinjoo arrives wearing an Ao Dai (sp?) and so they quickly take her to the restroom and have her change into more appropriate clothes.

Ji Young asks to meet with Han Suk, which she agrees to, they talk and Han Suk ends up slapping her before she leaves.

Dong Gu has asked Won Mi to help him woo Sae Mi. She agrees to it and actually helps him pick out a ring for her. Dong Gu proposes to Sae Mi with a cake, flowers, and people singing but sadly she rejects him and he sort of goes coo-coo.

Ji Young and Young Min finally wed. Sae Mi misses the meeting with Jin Joo cause she goes to the wedding to set Ji Young straight. She's a fierce driver! She sees Ji Young and IMAGINES giving her a smack down, but instead watches her walk right past her. She's so mad she gets back into her car and drvies right into an on-coming car which just so happens to be the very late Young Su to his own brother's wedding with his friend in tow. They start yelling till they realize it's Sae Mi then he goes all soft. So she gets away, hehe.

Junwoo and Jinjoo finally meet but because of all the buffering I can't tell you what happened except that they did meet for the first time and had a little date which was sweet, I think.

They also meet the lady, who I believe is Han Suk's teacher or possibly an "etiquette" teacher. She likes Jinjoo up until she bowed...then she started saying something to Hansuk after Junwoo and Jinjoo left.

Ji Young and Young Min are on their honeymoon which includes them doing some swimming, splashing, and a make-out session in the pool.

Junwoo and Jinjoo also wed in this eppie. On the day of their wedding, Dong Gu attempts to take Sae Mi away but Won Mi helps her get away. Then he takes Won Mi to the ever-so-famous river and tells her that he's going to kill himself, which she tells him to if he wants to, so he jumps into the river and she leaves while he's calling out for her. Junwoo and Jinjoo had a simple but really cute ceremony which was officiated by the "lady".

Junwoo's parents are at his dad's company talking and I think Junwoo's mom is saying that she hopes she made the right choice by bringing Jinjoo to Korea and having them marry. I believe she's also telling her husband how she feels and some other stuff. I am not sure.

Junwoo and Jinjoo leave for their honeymoon to an estate of some sort, may be a resort cause their was a "bada" and Jinjoo was telling him something about beaches/seas in Vietnam. She then notices a shooting star and tells him that it's beautiful and to make a wish, all the while he's sitting on the bed remembering all the things his parents told him (probably about moving on and such). He then joins her by the window and they both look at the stars and then he turns to her and there's a possible kiss :w00t:

but darn thing started buffering again.

Preview for eppie 5 It seems like there will be no kiss after all. Junwoo leaves and goes outside, starts punching a pillar. Runs to the beach and starts screaming and then tears fall. Jinjoo, I think, brings him his jacket and he embraces her :wub:. Junwoo meets Ji Young and Young Min. He and Jinjoo have a fight, she gets sick. They all worry.

That's all I got, too much buffering. Sorry.

All in all a really good eppie.

Thank you so much jun ji. :wub:

This drama is really good. I'm looking forward to every weekend now.

These are some pictures from the last part of episode 4...

I'll post the rest of episode 4 later.

ceyes00801098ov9.jpg

ceyes00801106ax3.jpg

ceyes00801121mv3.jpg

ceyes00801122tv6.jpg

ceyes00801133ll0.jpg

ceyes00801134xn8.jpg

ceyes00801140se4.jpg

ceyes00801151rd1.jpg

ceyes00801163ts5.jpg

ceyes00801173wt3.jpg

ceyes00801182yn4.jpg

ceyes00801185mh5.jpg

ceyes00801193pa1.jpg

^ Either that or she freaks out cause I don't think she's ever kissed anyone before.

No need to thank me for the short summaries, I'll continue to do them as long as time permits.

Luv, thank you once again for the caps, totally reliving those moments till my dl finishes.

47zu7.jpg

Not yet! It's their honeymoon. I bet he freaks out and don't do it!!!!!!!!

^ Either that or she freaks out cause I don't think she's ever kissed anyone before.

Haha...both of you are so funny...lol...hehe...

I think both of them are not ready for that kiss...so there won't be any kiss anytime soon...hehe...but I saw another hug in the next episode...hehe...

From the preview...I think he ran to the beach...screaming and walking into the ocean...he was having a hard time.

Jinjoo stayed in the room and cried...she got sick.

I'll post their wedding pictures next :)

ceyes00800320uu1.jpg

ceyes00800349fo1.jpg

ceyes00800411bf4.jpg

ceyes00800415uj6.jpg

ceyes00800462qm3.jpg

ceyes00800476xx2.jpg

ceyes00800506pk6.jpg

ceyes00800528zp5.jpg

Wedding day...

ceyes00800749ef3.jpg

ceyes00800760lg1.jpg

ceyes00800782oy3.jpg

ceyes00800831zj8.jpg

ceyes00800856bn4.jpg

I like all of Heechul's scenes too...he's so funny.

He told his dad that his girlfriend is "coming soon"...lol...hehe...

I'll post his pictures after I finish with this couple.

Their date is my favorite scene from episode 4...

She was cold...and he took off his jacket for her...she smiled happily and he asked why...hehe...she told him that she watches Korean drama and sees that Korean men always do this...and they both smile. :wub:

ceyes00701455ba8.jpg

ceyes00701468ho6.jpg

ceyes00701489wt5.jpg

ceyes00701490ft7.jpg

ceyes00701502fu7.jpg

ceyes00701503go2.jpg

ceyes00701521tr2.jpg

ceyes00701543cz8.jpg

ceyes00701548sk2.jpg

ceyes00701587zy4.jpg

ceyes00701615gh4.jpg

ceyes00701590mp6.jpg

ceyes00701628ep4.jpg

ceyes00701635fn3.jpg

ceyes00701647jc7.jpg

ceyes00701655ib2.jpg

ceyes00701670si1.jpg

ceyes00701672pq1.jpg

ceyes00701674jl4.jpg

ceyes00701700tr9.jpg

Young Su is so funny, I'm really glad he's in this series. It seems like He, Sae Mi, Won Mi, and Dong Gu add in the comedy to this drama. They're so fun to watch.

I never knew who Hong Eun Hee was before this, I really like her. Her husband's quite a character too.

Young Su's a bit like his dad, don't ya think? Hahaha... his mom bugs me.

Ooh, it seems like Young Min is starting to suspect something too.

I really just want to slap Ji Young. However, I really like the actress Choi Yeh Jin who plays her.

I love the caps of the date, Luv, thank you! *oogles over Song Chang Eui*

Guest piano4112000

Wow, that is a huge jump from yesterday. From 11% to 20% over night. I really like this drama

Wow...Thanks Yeohweping...

Yes yes...great ratings...they deserve it...

20.1% for the 4th episode...that's really good.

Did you know...AGB's ratings are even higher.

3. SBS 주말극장(황금신부) 21.6 Nationwide

3. SBS 주말극장(황금신부) 23.9 Seoul

I totally loved episode 4. :wub:

Loved it so much...I didn't even want to watch anything else today.

I'll post all the other pictures now...

ceyes00600035fc6.jpg

ceyes00600091qm9.jpg

ceyes00600100ak4.jpg

ceyes00600238sb3.jpg

ceyes00600242jr4.jpg

ceyes00600244bv7.jpg

ceyes00600573pd3.jpg

ceyes00600601ur5.jpg

ceyes00700097kb4.jpg

ceyes00700200dg5.jpg

ceyes00700161kl8.jpg

ceyes00700245ad1.jpg

ceyes00700289ez6.jpg

ceyes00700321ck1.jpg

omg by episode 3, it is so obvious that jin joo's dad is kim hee chul's dad. the voice singing on the tape, the name "richard KIM", and this is more subtle, but hee chul's parents relationship is so good that something has to go wrong b/c they're not the "good guys" .

can't wait to watch episode 4 and see how jin joo and jung woo's relationship develops :D

omg by episode 3, it is so obvious that jin joo's dad is kim hee chul's dad. the voice singing on the tape, the name "richard KIM", and this is more subtle, but hee chul's parents relationship is so good that something has to go wrong b/c they're not the "good guys" .

can't wait to watch episode 4 and see how jin joo and jung woo's relationship develops :D

I think so too! But my reasoning is because I think he is so creepy with his dil. Only a loving father will send roses and a note saying "come out side" to his daughter not to his daughter-in-law. My goodness even the son thought it was from a pervet.

So yea, I think his behavior toward his dil is abnormal Thus I drew the conclusion he was trying to compensate/replace someone. This being an Kdrama I figure that someone is Jin Joo.

Archived