Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

Guest hanjimin

mariella

you said they never call eachother brother and sister

but you posted this in ngs translation

She briefly interviews KJH (who is the only one cooperative) and she says in a journalist/reporter like tone "You threw a ball at Han Ji Min before, don't you feel apologetic? Your dongseng seemed to be in pain."

i heared that dongseng means s.th like brother and sis :huh:

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

Guest mariella

mariella

you said they never call eachother brother and sister

but you posted this in ngs translation

She briefly interviews KJH (who is the only one cooperative) and she says in a journalist/reporter like tone "You threw a ball at Han Ji Min before, don't you feel apologetic? Your dongseng seemed to be in pain."

i heared that dongseng means s.th like brother and sis :huh:

Thats different.. she calls him oppa.. so she is the dongseng.. but it's different to say they are like brother/sister when asked about the type of relationship they have. You can be oppa and dongseng and can also be for boyfriend/girlfriend in a romantic way (nowadays even young husband and wife).. but to say straight out we are like namme or ohnui that ONLY means real brother/sister sibling.. I know, it's weird for Western point of view.

oww....Mariella....! you are the best chingu!!

Thx for the translation of YG-Wan's chicken rice porridge! :D really appreciate it! ^______^

anyway, it's good if JiHwan orabeoni isn't feel JiMin onni as his sister, cos brother and sister can't have a LOVE relationship!!! ^________^

Guest mariella

Here are some past news on Han Ji Min.. This one was back in August:

Apparently there has been growing strong claims by many people (mostly netizens) that Han Ji Min is actually a princess. They say that is her real identity. Of course the Korean monarchy was abolished by the Japanese long ago but people are saying her family is the next direct descendant royalty.

I'm not sure how that works since the last King and Queen were killed and their only son was taken prisoner by the Japanese. The prince was forced to marry a infertile Japanese woman (that was employed by the Japanese government) and forced to work as the Japanese puppet before he died. Thus ended the Korean royal family.. or not. Perhaps the King's royal siblings (brothers, sisters) survived? Perhaps there was a cousin of the ill-fated Prince out there somewhere? We can't know for sure because the Japanese were pretty adamant about killing off every single royal family/relative alive. They had to have escaped somehow, hid well and assimilate with the regular citizens. Netizens are devoting a lot of time and effort investigating.. But a growing number claim Han Ji Min is really a princess. Han Ji Min's rep was called and they denied it though. They said HJM has never said she was a princess.

My take on it. It's a bit silly to waste so much time investigating such a thing bc we can never know for sure.. almost all records were lost during the demolition of Korean archives and records when the Japanese came and burned/destroyed anything and everything important and Korean. All royal corpses and historical graves were set on fire by the Japanese on purpose. With the constant war after that, I'm sure nothing was kept as proof of royalty (if there were any survivors that managed to escape) since it would mean death. There's really not anything to go on.. records, DNA proof, archives, books etc... all burned by the Japanese. But that's not stopping many many netizens who are really putting in a lot of effort to investigate further.

Guest hanjimin

i want to register cafe.daum.net/jimin1004

but i can't

the language is korean i can't understand what they want

there is 3 steps and even i couldn't pass 1st step

pls help me

thanks

Guest mariella

sorry guys.. i've been meaning to do the sang sang plus but something always comes up..

first some more news.. after doing the Yashimmanman program, Han Ji Min's ex-boyfriend became really upset. At himself. He broke up with HJM when she first started to get stalked by that singer. Reason being, he saw the text messages on her cell phone and instead of asking her, he just cut things off with her immediately without any explanation or giving her a chance to ask why or say anything. After watching the program, everything fell into place and made perfect sense to him and he publicly regretted it, posting a message on the internet that he lost a wonderful, amazing girl because of his stupidity and rashness. no kidding. She was in the hospital after a horrifying accident, she's getting stalked by a person she's never met, her drama is canceled, and then her bf breaks up with her all of a sudden with no explanation. Doesn't sound like a high point in her life.

So here are some more excerpts from sang sang plus:

So they sit down initially, and the small guy (next to KJH) looks at HJM and says "You're really pretty" She smiles and then says actually she's a fan of him... she sees him a lot in those matchmaking shows (loveletter?) and sees that he never gets picked. She said that she always wanted to pick him if she ever went on a show like that. (although she's too big of a star now to go on something like that) The other MC asks her what she likes about him, she said she saw one show where they were in a pool and someone pulls up his bangs.. She was impressed with his forehead (it's huge!). She said it is very unique. haha. the small MC guy looks kind of embarrassed.

HJM won her first audition by singing a trot song (trot songs are old fashion Korean songs enjoyed by people in their 50's and up.. but nowadays youngsters are liking the oldie songs too) The MCs pressures her to sing it, they all dance around her and that small guy (forgot his name) goes crazy in front of her. She starts cracking up and saying "Scary!" They all shoo him away from her.. She said his expression was scary.

HJM asks if she has to do that dance that they usually do when they get the word right.. they all say no.. but of course when she does get the correct word, they make her do it.. haha..

The tall guy MC (on the other side of KJH) says to HJM "The way I see it you are very conservative. You probably don't wear short skirts, sleeveless tops, and cropped belly button tops" at that she replies, "yes I used to be - but I still don't wear belly button tops" (I think she meant to say she used to not wear short skirts and sleeveless tops but due to her career, she'll sometimes wear tasteful/classy versions of it) At that the MCs go "Why? Why won't you wear belly button tops?" And the tiny MC looks at the tall MC and says, "Look at that, it takes him 5 seconds to figure out the type of girl. A true player indeed" (He has a reputation as a playboy that he tries to deny all the time)

When they are doing that sand game. Tak Ji Hoon (the older MC next to HJM) during the commercial break says to HJM privately "Do you dislike oppa? Do you?" HJM very uncomfortably says "No, of course not" He replies " really? Then why did you..?" She says again " No I don't" He says " Then tell everyone that you like me okay?" HJM nods her head. During the show he says "HJM said she wanted to say something, what is it?" HJM very shyly says " Actually, I like Tak Ji Hoon, I'm a fan of his". At that the MCs on KJH's side goes.. "I saw that during the break TJH went up to HJM and went (sings a love song)"

There are some funny stuff with KJH too.. I'll post that on his thread maybe.

Guest maneuneun

I have come to notice of her in 'jewel in the palace' and feel that she's sweet and talented actress among the young korean stars now.

I am excited to see her next performance in 'Yi San - King Jeong-jo' soon.

i am quoting this post here because i am sad and feel irritated when reading it :tears: , as someone who don't know Han Ji Min well enough making some nasty comments :( on her behavoir during the press conference of Yi San.

Thread Link

i also noticed that HJM's behavior during the press con for Lee San was sometimes uncalled for.

she actually irritated me when she tried to cover the mouth of LSJ when LSJ was telling something about her to the press.

my eyebrows raised. what was that for.

i don't want to think something negative about that behavior, but a 25 year old woman should conduct herself well in public especially when there is a man around her, more so especially when the man around her is already taken. i hope that her behaviour is not something to attract or get LSJ's attention but more on professional level. her touchy-ness is a NO NO, especially that this is their first time to work together and barely know each other.

KJE when at HJM's age, never behaved like the way she behaved in interviews. even though KJE laughed a lot -like HJM- in interviews, she had the classiness and finesse. she never exaggerated her laughter or her gestures...she made herself accomodating, but not familiar.

i have never seen an instance in any of KJE's interviews that she behaved without the class and elegance.

when they(LSJ and KJE) were interviewed in Hainan, albeit LSJ's coldness to her, she was bubbly(not giggly) yet was cautious in her behavior.

when they showed the Nov. 16 interview (they were much closer that time i believe), KJE remained reserved and poised throughout the interview although they laughed a lot. the two complemented each other very professionally.

i hope so too that the press will give more attention to LSJ and not to HJM, since he is the main character of his series.

with HJM's too giggly personality, the press prefers her over LSJ.

and that is why, if i want to edit LS clip, i tend to delete HJM's part, not that i do not like her, just that i want to show more of LSJ than HJM since LS is a story of King Jung Jo who is played by LSJ.

i hope Zombie, that HJM is just being childlike or childish and not flirty to LSJ.

she should refrain from being touchy to him, or if she couldn't, she should also be touchy to all her co-stars so that they will not misinterpret her(like i am misinterpreting her actions/behavior now).

since i was so curious if she really conducts herself like that in interviews i searched for her other clips at Youtube and surprisingly, she never behaved in those clips i watched the way she behaved in Lee San interview. one clip was with Lee Jung Ki and she was OK, but how come with LSJ she was a, excuse me for my term, Flirty...giggles a lot...touchy a lot.

Hope if any moderator is reading this, they will do something to the thread as they had broken the rules by bashing on other actress in their thread.

In my opinion, one has to show respect to any actress before they make any comments. Critising just based on only recent news or clips which they watched is too biased and unfair.

Mariella!!

That's interesting..! well, poor guy.. it's his fault dumped my onni just because his temporary anger :ph34r:

i'm sure JiMin onni will get a 1000 times better man for her life SOON...!! :w00t:

anyway, i adore JiMin onni more n more everytime i read your report, Mariella! thx a lot..!! :wub:

now she's like an angel to me... how sweet is her personality... proud to be her fan...^^

n thx for completing the SangSang "report"! :w00t: will wait the KJH's one in his thread... :D

maneuneun

hm... not sure what to do.... :ph34r: i haven't seen the VOD yet....

i am quoting this post here because i am sad and feel irritated when reading it :tears: , as someone who don't know Han Ji Min well enough making some nasty comments :( on her behavoir during the press conference of Yi San.

Thread Link

Hope if any moderator is reading this, they will do something to the thread as they had broken the rules by bashing on other actress in their thread.

In my opinion, one has to show respect to any actress before they make any comments. Critising just based on only recent news or clips which they watched is too biased and unfair.

i feel sad knowing about this and i have read this comment too...however i have yet seen the clip therefore couldn't decide whether it's flirty..touchy..giggly but i do hope it's not what it seemed...we all know HJM's closeness to her CS co-star Ryu Jin....she treats him like her own ohrabeoni...we've seen this in one of CS NGs....it's enough for me to understand that HJM also treats LSJ as her ohrabeoni and that she respects him just like she does to her other seniors who have already taken/married...

Guest maneuneun

Below is the link to the clip. If anyone is interested can have a look on it. My friend who understand korean had explained to me Han Ji Min covered Lee Seo Jin's mouth is because he's teasing her and mentioned about the Entertainment Program which she hosted in another rival station and hence Han Ji Min is just trying to stop Lee Seo Jin from continuing :angry:

Han Ji Min - Lee Seo Jin's interview

Guest mariella

I have come to notice of her in 'jewel in the palace' and feel that she's sweet and talented actress among the young korean stars now.

I am excited to see her next performance in 'Yi San - King Jeong-jo' soon.

Thread Link

It's funny bc I thought the complete opposite when I saw that interview. I was like.. how are they going to come out as lovers? They seem SO much like a pair of lightly bickering real blood related brother and sister. They were arguing with each other during the interview (in a funny way but still). THAT'S FLIRTING? haha.. I really don't think some people know the definition of what flirting is. The only possible reason they bashed HJM is because they just don't want to see ANY girl next to him.. Which I CAN understand bc they are hardcore KJE fans (his fiance).

But it's just ironic because HJM and LSJ are supposed to show a good relationship during interviews.. and people were saying they were arguing too much.. people were wondering how can they act like lovers when they are so clearly not even able to have a conversations without arguing. HJM even says to him (after arguing) "maybe we should try to make it look like we are at least friendly with each other" (for the interview because of their role as lovers).. but then pauses (and LSJ clearly doesn't want to) then HJM continues and says.. "actually let's just be honest and show them the way it is." (as bickering brother/sister) And that post-er interpreted that as flirting.. haha

Guest mariella

Below is the link to the clip. If anyone is interested can have a look on it. My friend who understand korean had explained to me Han Ji Min covered Lee Seo Jin's mouth is because he's teasing her and mentioned about the Entertainment Program which she hosted in another rival station and hence Han Ji Min is just trying to stop Lee Seo Jin from continuing :angry:

Han Ji Min - Lee Seo Jin's interview

There is a lot of friction with her program that she MCs and the other rival station. But LSJ finds it funny and keeps bringing it up (which no one really does usually). He seems unafraid to say anything.. haha. Also I noticed she didn't actually cover his mouth.. she had it near his mouth but she didn't touch him. It was an involuntary reaction on her part bc he really shouldn't be saying stuff like that (she could get scolded by the broadcast). Plus he KEEPS making fun of her in the interviews... in all the interviews... it's funny but i do feel bad for her.. It's cute to watch her laugh but get slightly annoyed and try to come up with a comeback but he just keeps shooting out more funny teasing "disses".

Guest maneuneun

There is a lot of friction with her program that she MCs and the other rival station. But LSJ finds it funny and keeps bringing it up (which no one really does usually). He seems unafraid to say anything.. haha. Also I noticed she didn't actually cover his mouth.. she had it near his mouth but she didn't touch him. It was an involuntary reaction on her part bc he really shouldn't be saying stuff like that (she could get scolded by the broadcast). Plus he KEEPS making fun of her in the interviews... in all the interviews... it's funny but i do feel bad for her.. It's cute to watch her laugh but get slightly annoyed and try to come up with a comeback but he just keeps shooting out more funny teasing "disses".

Thanks mariella for clarifying what's going on with that so called 'flirting' act in the clip ;) .

Wish those who don't understand korean will now learn their lesson by not jumping into any nasty comments or conclusion just based on the 'body language' of a clip! Hope this misunderstanding of flirting act will put to a stop now too ;) .

In my opinion, it's nice to see their interaction in the clip instead because we will get to see their great chemistry in the great show :w00t: . To whom who made doubt about this flirting act, i can see that you just don't have full confidence on Lee Seo Jin and hence was worried for KJE when someone seems to be closed with him. But that doesn't mean you can have the right to accuse HJM flirting with him :angry: !

Guest mariella

Thanks mariella for clarifying what's going on with that so called 'flirting' act in the clip ;) .

Wish those who don't understand korean will now learn their lesson by not jumping into any nasty comments or conclusion just based on the 'body language' of a clip! Hope this misunderstanding of flirting act will put to a stop now too ;) .

In my opinion, it's nice to see their interaction in the clip instead because we will get to see their great chemistry in the great show :w00t: . To whom who made doubt about this flirting act, i can see that you just don't have full confidence on Lee Seo Jin and hence was worried for KJE when someone seems to be closed with him. But that doesn't mean you can have the right to accuse HJM flirting with him :angry: !

Not only does this person base her flimsy judgment on NOT understanding what they are saying, she's not understanding Korean culture OR Korean entertainment world culture. There is ONLY ONE thing that is out of the ordinary and that is LSJ's behavior (which I like but it is very unique in Korean culture/entertainment). LSJ is very direct and disregards the politics, and some of the formal etiquettes of the entertainment business. THAT is VERY rare in Korean culture/entertainment. I think it's the New Yorker in him (he went to NYU like me). It works for him because it adds on the to the manly, strong air about him. And he's from NY so people expect it a bit. But for HJM, she has reason to be nervous when he keeps making rather uncomfortable (but very funny) jokes about her program and it's rival. She's not protected from the repercussions.. and she has to follow very strict rules as their current official female MC. Plus, HJM is a very proper girl who follows rules and etiquette.. you can tell she doesn't quite know how to deal/make of LSJ most of the time. Most korean actresses wouldn't also.

And it's interesting that the post-er is attacking HJM when it is LSJ who is constantly ribbing at her.. the post-er says she shouldn't have laughed and should have calmly and privately signaled him to stop. I find that impossible. First, it's human to laugh when something is very funny. I was laughing at the comments he made too. Second, she DID subtly signal him to stop many times.. (in other interviews) but that only made him tease her even more and more strongly. The narrator even pointed it out that no matter how much HSM is trying to have him SUBTLY stop.. he keeps going at it. Even she is alarmed at how he started to tease her as soon as he met her.. She even says that it's their fourth time meeting (photo shoot) and she is constantly surprised at how much he teases her when they just met. LSJ was just grinning at that. haha.

Not only does this person base her flimsy judgment on NOT understanding what they are saying, she's not understanding Korean culture OR Korean entertainment world culture. There is ONLY ONE thing that is out of the ordinary and that is LSJ's behavior (which I like but it is very unique in Korean culture/entertainment). LSJ is very direct and disregards the politics, and some of the formal etiquettes of the entertainment business. THAT is VERY rare in Korean culture/entertainment. I think it's the New Yorker in him (he went to NYU like me). It works for him because it adds on the to the manly, strong air about him. And he's from NY so people expect it a bit. But for HJM, she has reason to be nervous when he keeps making rather uncomfortable (but very funny) jokes about her program and it's rival. She's not protected from the repercussions.. and she has to follow very strict rules as their current official female MC. Plus, HJM is a very proper girl who follows rules and etiquette.. you can tell she doesn't quite know how to deal/make of LSJ most of the time. Most korean actresses wouldn't also.

And it's interesting that the post-er is attacking HJM when it is LSJ who is constantly ribbing at her.. the post-er says she shouldn't have laughed and should have calmly and privately signaled him to stop. I find that impossible. First, it's human to laugh when something is very funny. I was laughing at the comments he made too. Second, she DID subtly signal him to stop many times.. (in other interviews) but that only made him tease her even more and more strongly. The narrator even pointed it out that no matter how much HSM is trying to have him SUBTLY stop.. he keeps going at it. Even she is alarmed at how he started to tease her as soon as he met her.. She even says that it's their fourth time meeting (photo shoot) and she is constantly surprised at how much he teases her when they just met. LSJ was just grinning at that. haha.

I totally agree with you guys. I have been following the Han JiMin thread, but I never actually posted in here. But this is quite infuriating. I actually watched the Youtube link that you guys provided. Because I am Korean, I didn't need a translator to translate anything for me so I know exactly what they said. Those two are like siblings! Lee SeoJin was constantly teasing Han JiMin about MCing. And when I read the post by Shulien (was it?), I thought that Han JiMin actually covered Lee SeoJin's mouth. But when I watched the clip, Han JiMin was only acting it out. Her hand was not on Lee SeoJin's lips. As much as I love Kim JungEun and Lee SeoJin, I think that it was wrong of the people in the Kim JungEun thread to trash talk about Han JiMin like that.

I'm so happy to see more people joining in her thread, it is so quiet until recently.

Just my two cents, I think that poster overreacted. I know LSJ is attached to KJE so maybe that's the reason why, and that poster is a very huge fan of KJE. Oh well... I hope there won't be a fight or anything, let's just keep the posts to someone we all like. :)

Thanks for all the interview translations. It is pretty hard to find news on her in english.