Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

6 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

They did? Great!! Thanks.

No problem

But they added the sub only for about the first 20 minutes :sweatingbullets:

Hopefully they will added the rest soon...

At least I kind of understand about the "small part" that LSK and SKH joked about.

It seemed they were teasing Choi Woo Sik, who said that in Parasite he played a "major role", even Park So Dam teased him too...

But I don't know if they were a bit harsh, they were giving him a lesson on humility :D

Although it seemed like an honest mistake, because he was nervous...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, widala said:

At least I kind of understand about the "small part" that LSK and SKH joked about.

It seemed they were teasing Choi Woo Sik, who said that in Parasite he played a "major role", even Park So Dam teased him too...

But I don't know if they were a bit harsh, they were giving him a lesson on humility :D

Although it seemed like an honest mistake, because he was nervous...

I felt so bad for the poor kid. Still can't make out whether LSK's role is small or substantial. 

Changing topic, have you been able to find a way to watch PMC and Bad Police yet?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, widala said:

I don't know about PMC, but I think Bad Police is on Netflix...

Oh, goody! I happen to have Netflix. They sure released it super fast after its time at the box office. Wish Netflix would also acquire the rights to My Ajusshi.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Is this even LSK's own body? Now I am the more eager to watch Bad Police!

Possibly, since he said he went to the gym for this movie...

Is the movie really on Netflix?

I don't have Netflix, but if Bad Police on it I intend to sign up...

• Like 1

He didn't win the Best Actor...

Why am I not surprised?

So sad and disappointed, because this is the last chance for him to get an award for playing Park Dong Hoon...

Hoping for better projects and recognition in the future for him...

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, widala said:

He didn't win the Best Actor...

Why am I not surprised?

So sad and disappointed, because this is the last chance for him to get an award for playing Park Dong Hoon...

Hoping for better projects and recognition in the future for him...

Thank you for saying what I am feeling. I am doubly sad because I am afraid nothing as good would come in the future. :bawling:

The upside is he looked very handsome with his hair properly done like that. Hahaha... And also looking very much in shape. But maybe the suit was a bit stiff and not festive enough. Perhaps he already knew he wasn't going to win. If you come across video clips, would you post them on the drama thread, please? Thanks.

Image result for ì´ì ê· 

Image result for ì´ì ê·  Image result for ì´ì ê· 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Thank you for saying what I am feeling. I am doubly sad because I am afraid nothing as good would come in the future. :bawling:

The upside is he looked very handsome with his hair properly done like that. Hahaha... And also looking very much in shape. But maybe the suit was a bit stiff and not festive enough. Perhaps he already knew he wasn't going to win. If you come across video clips, would you post them on the drama thread, please? Thanks.

Yes, just like I may never find another drama that have this much impact for me, the chance to work with such perfect ensemble such as My Ahjussi team is very slim (although I won't stop wishing it for him)...

Did you watch the show last night?

I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I felt like he was being snubbed at the ceremony last night. The camera focused on him alone only once (when IU was receiving Popularity Awards) and it's only a few seconds, while IU got several times.

There's this intermezzo where the MC teased the actors by asking the camera to zoom in on their face. No LSK.

Even when Studio Dragon representatives receiving the Best Drama, we only got LSK in group shots, while IU got single shots focused on her alone. I mean they both leads... I know I sounded ridiculous but... I don't know, I just very frustrated...

I hope he won't get discouraged by the treatment he's been receiving lately...

And, I wonder what caused all this. Did he accidentally offend some higher ups or something :sweatingbullets: and hopefully whatever it is won't give him trouble finding projects...

• Sad 1

I do not mean something bad about Lee Byung Hun, but I thought LSK's acting was a much more nuanced and sensitive portrayal of a complex guy. Anybody can be a hero, but it is hard to be a man who has been downtrodden and then has the courage to grief, and finally stand up again. I'm crying with all of you :bawling::heartbreak::dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, widala said:

Did you watch the show last night?

I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I felt like he was being snubbed at the ceremony last night. The camera focused on him alone only once (when IU was receiving Popularity Awards) and it's only a few seconds, while IU got several times.

There's this intermezzo where the MC teased the actors by asking the camera to zoom in on their face. No LSK.

Even when Studio Dragon representatives receiving the Best Drama, we only got LSK in group shots, while IU got single shots focused on her alone. I mean they both leads... I know I sounded ridiculous but... I don't know, I just very frustrated...

I hope he won't get discouraged by the treatment he's been receiving lately...

And, I wonder what caused all this. Did he accidentally offend some higher ups or something :sweatingbullets: and hopefully whatever it is won't give him trouble finding projects...

No!! Did that really happen? So unfair and must feel embarrassing to him and in front the rest of the cast. :( I don't think he has offended anyone given his real life low-key and easy-going personality. It's probably a case of the cameraman not being a fan of his and thinking My Ajusshi is all about Ji An, which strangely many Koreans seem to think. And like the class act that he is, he would just shrug it all off, realizing he'd never reach any kind of popularity no matter what he does, and move on.

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I do not mean something bad about Lee Byung Hun, but I thought LSK's acting was a much more nuanced and sensitive portrayal of a complex guy. Anybody can be a hero, but it is hard to be a man who has been downtrodden and then has the courage to grief, and finally stand up again. I'm crying with all of you :bawling::heartbreak::dissapointed_relieved:

I watched Mr. Sunshine in its entirety and completely agree with you. There was no comparison. You both have made me cry real tears now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I don't think he has offended anyone given his real life gentle, easy-going personality. It's probably a case of the cameraman not being a fan of his and thinking My Ajusshi is all about Ji An, which strangely many Koreans seem to think. And like the class act that he is, he would just shrug it all off, realizing he'd never reach any kind of popularity no matter what he does, and move on.

I think the fact that LJE already has a huge fandom also played the part why Ji An often being the focus in My Ahjussi. Can't say we don't benefit from that fact either, since we got translation, photos and videos about MA from IU's fans.

While LSK also has fans, but not nearly as many and as dedicated as Uaena...

Maybe because he's easy going so his fans are easy going too :D

That reminded me, LSK's fancafe Viruszone was doing a charity to support him when promoting Parasite, April 22

Although I'm still pretty much emotional and have the urge to curse every time I remember the unfairness he received, I will try to move on quickly from this Baeksang disappointment, and focus more on his future projects...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

I watched Mr. Sunshine in its entirety and completely agree with you. There was no comparison. You both have made me cry for real now.

Because I didn't watch Mr Sunshine (and didn't plan to) I have no say on LBH acting. But, (I think we've talked about this before?) MS held sentimental values to Korean. Like @sadiesmith said in My Ahjussi forum, it's amazing that MA managed to win against MS. But sacrifice had to be made to appease the audience...

I really don't like the term "spreading the love", but I try to be realistic. Award shows, even with Baeksang's level, can not have "pure objectivity". Money and power played bigger roles than just talent and hard work. It just the way it is... (haha, I've watched too many kdramas)  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1