Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

Thanks @sadiesmith ! Yes, we will worry about what they're saying later, for now just enjoy the handsomeness :lol:

On 6/25/2019 at 11:02 PM, sadiesmith said:

Me too, but I learned a bit about him anyway. So hard to avoid spoilers especially in a few days it will be released in Malaysia and Singapore where the majority of people write in English. Did you get your ticket yet? I'm assuming you're from that part of the world.

You guess right, I'm from that part of the world, aaand... I just saw Parasite last night!

The movie had me at the edge of my seat all the time! And even now I know the twist and the ending, I still want to watch it again :thumbsup:

The first half hour is the trailer, with more details. And we learned about how Ki Taek's family handle their problems. They really are a smooth talker family :sweatingbullets:

Then Park Seo Joon came to offer Ki Woo the position as English teacher for Da Hye (daughter). When he got accepted, he proceeded to get his sister Ki Jeong "Jessica" as the art teacher for Da Song (son). And after that the "fun" begins...

All the reviews are right and Palme d'Or is very well deserved. 

Most importantly, Lee Sun Kyun is gorgeous as CEO Park!

He's not a bad person. Yes, he's a snob. But not surprising by looking at how he lived.

And, did I say that he looked gorgeous? Because he is. It's the confidence, I guess...

No trace of PDH at all, he became the perfect rich and successful man.

But... MY COUNTRY CENSORED THE SOFA LOVESCENE! :rage:

They cut the scene off! Ugh, I'm still angry about it. They rated the movie 17+ in my country, and the interviews said it was nothing explicit so I thought it will pass the censorship...

It's kind of make the experience felt incomplete... Because from the interviews it was said that the scene shows the duplicity of CEO Park...

I want to watch the movie again, with the sofa scene. It's important. For science.

1 hour ago, widala said:

But... MY COUNTRY CENSORED THE SOFA LOVESCENE! :rage:

They cut the scene off! Ugh, I'm still angry about it. They rated the movie 17+ in my country, and the interviews said it was nothing explicit so I thought it will pass the censorship...

It's kind of make the experience felt incomplete... Because from the interviews it was said that the scene shows the duplicity of CEO Park...

I want to watch the movie again, with the sofa scene. It's important. For science.

What!! OMG! Hahaha.... :lol: So sorry. I know I shouldn't laugh at your "misfortune." But hahaha... I can totally imagine your waiting and waiting and waiting for that anticipated scene only to realize at the end they had removed it. Was it completely deleted or did they just shorten it? But yeah, I would be more than pissed, too. Still, I am surprised that they thought that scene was inappropriate even after giving it a 17+ rating. Does anything explicit ever get shown in your country? I think I know where you are.

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

What!! OMG! Hahaha.... :lol: So sorry. I know I shouldn't laugh at your "misfortune." But hahaha... I can totally imagine your waiting and waiting and waiting for that anticipated scene only to realize at the end they had removed it. Was it completely deleted or did they just shorten it? But yeah, I would be more than pissed, too. Still, I am surprised that they thought that scene was inappropriate even after giving it a 17+ rating. Does anything explicit ever get shown in your country? I think I know where you are.

It's okay to laugh. I also laugh because what else can I do? :sweatingbullets: it's so ridiculous!

When Mr. and Mrs. Park changed to that matching pjs, I was like omg this is it! Then they lay down on the sofa and suddenly the camera showed the other side of the room with Mrs. Park's fading sigh in the background... :weary: they removed the whole scene...

I couldn't guess how explicit the scene was, but from that few seconds, Mrs. Park did sound rather passionate haha

Deadpool 1 and 2 get shown in my country with the same rating as Parasite. I mean, Deadpool movies are pretty explicit right? But I don't know how much they censored the movies since I didn't watch them at the time...

• LOL 1

There's some lines in Parasite that reminded me of My Ahjussi...

It's not a spoiler, I think. But, just to be safe, I'll put it in the spoiler box

Spoiler

Note : I don't remember who said what precisely since I only saw the scene once...

Ki Taek family was talking about Park family and how gullible and naive Mrs. Park is. Then one of them said that even though she's rich BUT she's nice. No, said the other, "she's nice BECAUSE she's rich".

Reminded me of what Lee Ji An said in ep 5, "it's easy for people with money to become good people."

• Love 1

57 minutes ago, widala said:

There's some lines in Parasite that reminded me of My Ahjussi...

It's not a spoiler, I think. But, just to be safe, I'll put it in the spoiler box

Thanks. I am not reading it yet, but keep writing your thoughts because I want to know them. Maybe you should also share on the Parasite thread.

Was the movie well received in your country? Big audience?

• Like 1

Look at this. Not only is LSK listed at number 4, his wife is occupying spot number 13! So happy for them. 

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/25-popular-movie-stars-korea-right-now-june/

https://www.soompi.com/article/1335346wpp/june-movie-star-brand-reputation-rankings-announced-2

LSK may not have the popularity of a Gong Yoo or Ha Jung Woo, but he's blessed in his own way to have settled in marriage and fatherhood when so many actors have remained single for so long. May his family remain his happy place forever and ever. 

@widala, can you translate this interview with Jeon Hye Jin? She said some very interesting things, I think, but my translator is quite useless.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/06/469166/

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 2:25 PM, sadiesmith said:

Look at this. Not only is LSK listed at number 4, his wife is occupying spot number 13! So happy for them. 

Yay! The movie Parasite and the drama Search WWW gave the couple the exposure they deserve :thumbsup:

LSK may not have the popularity of a Gong Yoo or Ha Jung Woo, but he's blessed in his own way to have settled in marriage and fatherhood when so many actors have remained single for so long. May his family remain his happy place forever and ever. 

One of the things that made me drawn to him is the fact that he's happily married and obviously adores his children. And how proud he is of his wife's talent.

Yes, hopefully they will continue to have a strong and beautiful marriage.

• Like 1

@widala, can you translate this interview with Jeon Hye Jin? She said some very interesting things, I think, but my translator is quite useless.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/06/469166/

What translator did you use?

My to go apps are Papago and Google translate. Haven't found anything better than the two (I don't know about paying apps though, I love free stuff :P)

She talked about LSK didn't brag about going to Cannes instead he tried to hide it. 

Not in this article, but there's also another joke in a "the Beast" interview where she said if she ever go to Cannes (again) she will go alone / wouldn't take him with her.

The fans at Daum Cafe call this couple "the tsundere couple" :lol: 

I don't really understand the part when when she talked about LSK said if she got sick or unwell that means the movie will be successful...?

The last part of article she said she heard from an acquaintance that LSK came to the Beast premiere even when she didn't invite him.

And about work. In the past she only told him when she got a job but didn't talk about the details. But lately she wanted to hear his opinion too.

That's what I get from the article, maybe you understand them too...

They both have movies coming out this year, is it possible to see them come together to the Blue Dragon awards? Just a wistful thinking...

• Thanks 1

So @widala, is this wish of yours about to come true? What kind of collaboration are they announcing? So that's why Kim Nam Gil sent that coffee truck to LSK's shooting location. It was a bit puzzling to me because as far as I knew they never were known to be friends or related in any way other than LSK warning KNG about doing that Ha Jung Woo's "walking school." :lol:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/144/0000619284?lfrom=kakao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi! I'm a long time lurker of the My Mister thread... Just here to rejoice about the new collab of LSK and KNG, 2 of my fave dudes! LSK still number one though hehe I wonder what kind of show it'll be :open_mouth:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, potaters said:

Hi! I'm a long time lurker of the My Mister thread... Just here to rejoice about the new collab of LSK and KNG, 2 of my fave dudes! LSK still number one though hehe I wonder what kind of show it'll be :open_mouth:

Hi @potaters! Glad to "see" a fellow fan out delurking here. I've actually never seen KNG in anything, but people rather like him a lot. But I'm worried that LSK seems to never rest. Doesn't he have a drama to shoot starting next month?

• Like 1

From Soompi: https://www.soompi.com/article/1336482wpp/kim-nam-gil-and-lee-sun-gyun-in-talks-to-star-in-variety-show-together

Kim Nam Gil And Lee Sun Gyun In Talks To Star In Variety Show Together

Kim Nam Gil And Lee Sun Gyun In Talks To Star In Variety Show Together

Jul 4, 2019 by U. Kim

Kim Nam Gil and Lee Sun Gyun may be launching a new variety show with PD (producing director) Song Chang Eui!

On July 4, Sports Kyunghyang reported that the two actors and producer recently had a meeting to discuss the variety show in depth.

Regarding the report, Lee Sun Gyun’s agency HODU & U relayed to YTN Star, “Lee Sun Gyun received an offer from PD Song Chang Eui to star in his new variety show and is positively reviewing it.”

Similarly, Kim Nam Gil’s agency C-JeS Entertainment shared, “[Kim Nam Gil] is reviewing the variety show appearance offer.”

Both agencies explained that the program is in its planning stages and that they were not informed of a specific concept for the show.

During his 40-year career, PD Song Chang Eui directed several successful variety shows on MBC, tvN, and TV Chosun. Some of his most popular projects include MBC’s “Saturday Saturday Is Fun” and “Sunday Night” and tvN’s “Rude Miss Young Ae” and “Taxi.”

Meanwhile, Lee Sun Gyun’s recent film “Parasite” won the Palme D’Or at the Cannes Film Festival. If you haven’t already, start watching Kim Nam Gil’s latest drama “The Fiery Priest” with English subtitles below!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

So @widala, is this wish of yours about to come true? What kind of collaboration are they announcing? So that's why Kim Nam Gil sent that coffee truck to LSK's shooting location. It was a bit puzzling to me because as far as I knew they never were known to be friends or related in any way other than LSK warning KNG about doing that Ha Jung Woo's "walking school." :lol:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/144/0000619284?lfrom=kakao

I'm screaming!

Kim Nam Gil is also one of my favorite actors!

But, it's like too good to be true haha

Hopefully things will run smoothly...

53 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I've actually never seen KNG in anything, but people rather like him a lot. But I'm worried that LSK seems to never rest. Doesn't he have a drama to shoot starting next month?

Try KNG drama "Live Up to Your Name" (I became his fan because of this) or the more recent "Fiery Priest"

I also share your concern about LSK being continuously working... But, could it be he takes the chance while there's work. I mean, the competition in entertainment industry is very fierce, new faces comes up like every day...I hope he doesn't forget to take care of himself and still has time for his family.

LSK, fighting! :heart:

Hi, @potaters :blush:

15 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Hi @potaters! Glad to "see" a fellow fan out delurking here. I've actually never seen KNG in anything, but people rather like him a lot. But I'm worried that LSK seems to never rest. Doesn't he have a drama to shoot starting next month?

Ive been meaning to delurk in the My Mister thread but I have nothing to add to the amazing insights posted there heh. I watched KNG in "Live Up To Your Name" and liked him a lot there then went on a KNG movie binge, Memoirs of A Murderer was good (serial killer stuff is right up my alley :sweatingbullets:

The variety offer will probably take time before it starts shooting. LSK doesn't strike me as someone who'd burn himself down to stay on the limelight... He seems to be the kind whod go the opposite way when he feels bogged down, I remember an interviewer asked him if he'd like to be in Return of Superman and he said "No, my house is too dirty" or something like that haha love that man. He seems to say yes to projects that'd give him new challenges/experiences

I'm hoping that the show would have a "normalcy" concept about it (i would love a relaxed everyday life kinda thing like Hyori's bed and breakfast, another person I freakin love)

Hi @widala :grin:

[Edit]

Ooh seems like the show's gonna be a backpacking travel thing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Any idea when this trip will take place? This rather reminds me of the long walk he did a few years back with a group of actor friends. LSK must really enjoy walking even after foot injury and all. Ha Jung Woo must be so proud of his ex-student. :lol:   And I really like this combination of men. Lee Sang Yeob has become a good friend ever since they did This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair, so I expect their interaction would be fun to see. I guess we're now holding our breaths while finding out which project will happen first, the drama with Jung Rye Won or this trip.

From Soompi: https://www.soompi.com/article/1336765wpp/lee-sun-gyun-kim-nam-gil-and-lee-sang-yeob-in-talks-for-tvn-travel-show

Lee Sun Gyun, Kim Nam Gil, And Lee Sang Yeob In Talks For tvN Travel Show

Lee Sun Gyun, Kim Nam Gil, And Lee Sang Yeob In Talks For tvN Travel Show

Jul 5, 2019 by J. K

Lee Sun Gyun, Kim Nam Gil, and Lee Sang Yeob may be traveling for a reality show!

On July 5, it was reported by a news outlet, “Lee Sun Gyun, Kim Nam Gil, and Lee Sang Yeob are appearing in a backpacking variety show.” A source from tvN responded, “We are currently in talks.”

It’s said that the producing director (PD) in charge of the show is Jung Jong Yeon, who has been at the helm of series such as “The Genius,” “Society Game,” and “Great Escape.”

It was reported on July 4 that Lee Sun Gyun and Kim Nam Gil are in talks for a variety show led by PD Song Chang Eui.

Lee Sun Gyun’s latest film “Parasite” won the Palme D’Or at the Cannes Film Festival, while Kim Nam Gil wrapped up the drama “The Fiery Priest” this spring. Lee Sang Yeob stars in the Channel A drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which premiered on July 5.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1