Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

On 6/2/2019 at 9:13 PM, sadiesmith said:

What kind of problem were you thinking about? You meant like people avoiding the movie because of it? I wonder if the whole thing got a little too graphic, especially with what the director said about the camera "crossing the line." I have a feeling the whole scene is far from pretty considering this is a tragic story after all.

Yes, kind of... Although since the admission is already surpassed 3 millions, I think it didn't matter much to the audiences...

Also, I dont like it that LSK's name is linked to the one problem this movie is criticized. Yes, it's not his fault and the Director is defending his actors and their works. But, still... 

On 6/2/2019 at 9:13 PM, sadiesmith said:

There is an official US release date of October 11 in NY and LA, but no mention of it coming to my area yet. Fingers still crossed that it would. They must be aiming for the Oscar to wait this late to come here.

Yes, I've read somewhere that there's speculation Parasite is going for Oscar. Wish them all the best.

13 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Lee Seon Kyun talks about his role in Parasite on May 3, 2019. He confirms that his role is rather small, but he has such a good attitude about it that I guess I should, too. :(

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=7296948

Haha, a bit of LSK is better than no LSK at all... 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 2:11 PM, sadiesmith said:

More interview goodies: http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=55217143896

Lots of discussion on the CEO Park character, why the director chose to cast LSK, etc. I have got to stop or I will have been completely spoiled by the time this movie comes my way. Lol!

I've tried to stop reading reviews, afraid of spoilers, but sometimes I got curious :sweatingbullets:

I hope this is not too out of the topic...

Lately there's some news about Dir. Bong Joon Ho who is accused of sexual harassment. 

After the screening of his movie "Mother" (2009) on May 9, in the interview actress Kim Hye Ja said something about him told her co star, Won Bin, who played her son, to touch her breast without her consent.

This is the clarification from KHJ about the incident:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1330119wpp/kim-hye-ja-clarifies-comments-about-director-bong-joon-ho-after-controversy-says-there-was-no-sexual-assault

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, widala said:

I hope this is not too out of the topic...

Lately there's some news about Dir. Bong Joon Ho who is accused of sexual harassment. 

After the screening of his movie "Mother" (2009) on May 9, in the interview actress Kim Hye Ja said something about him told her co star, Won Bin, who played her son, to touch her breast without her consent.

This is the clarification from KHJ about the incident:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1330119wpp/kim-hye-ja-clarifies-comments-about-director-bong-joon-ho-after-controversy-says-there-was-no-sexual-assault

Thank you. I had no idea!

Just came out, Parasite crossed the 5 million viewers mark! LSK must be in the middle of shooting Kingmaker judging by his "period costume." :D After all, who wears that kind of undershirt (it's called a "wife beater") these days?

85821_172031_1830.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Just came out, Parasite crossed the 5 million viewers mark! LSK must be in the middle of shooting Kingmaker judging by his "period costume." :D After all, who wears that kind of undershirt (it's called a "wife beater") these days?

Congratulations! :star:

That undershirt reminds me of the one Jo Pil Ho wore in his final showdown :D

5 hours ago, widala said:

That undershirt reminds me of the one Jo Pil Ho wore in his final showdown :D

You're right. By the way, you always came up with the best captions on Twitter; they never failed to crack me up. Are you a writer in real life?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

By the way, you always came up with the best captions on Twitter; they never failed to crack me up. Are you a writer in real life?

Thanks!

No, I'm not a writer... Just doing it for fun, like those My Ahjussi fanfic :D

After Parasite ratings problem, now people are questioning why the actors (LSK and Choi Woo Sik) were paid more than the actresses (Cho Yeo Jeong and Park So Dam).

But, I haven't found any article source for this tweet...

14 hours ago, widala said:

After Parasite ratings problem, now people are questioning why the actors (LSK and Choi Woo Sik) were paid more than the actresses (Cho Yeo Jeong and Park So Dam).

But, I haven't found any article source for this tweet...

Oh man! Why is this even an issue? Isn't it standard practice to give higher pay to senior actors with bigger name recognition? I mean, LSK was definitely more established than CYJ before Parasite. Although this makes me wonder just how little screen time LSK has time. :(  Where do I sign the petition to have Director Bong Joon-ho cast LSK as lead in his next film, especially the romance one that he said he would like to make?

On a different note, I am so happy Cho Yeo Jeong is finally getting her big break. Yet another proof that LSK brings a lot of luck to her female co-stars. :D

By the way, there is a Parasite movie thread on Soompi. Feel free to post there as well as here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Oh man! Why is this even an issue? Isn't it standard practice to give higher pay to senior actors with bigger name recognition? I mean, LSK was definitely more established than CYJ before Parasite.

I dont know how they calculated an actor's salary, CYJ and PSD undoubtedly are talented actresses but LSK and CWS definitely have more "star power" (beside their acting skills). That they happened to be men, I guess that's the problem... Koreans have been sensitive about gender issues especially after the Me Too movement...

11 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

By the way, there is a Parasite movie thread on Soompi. Feel free to post there as well as here.

Could you please share the link?

I tried to search it but couldn't find it...

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Yet more versions of the interview with LSK. They all look similar but each one seems to offer something unique:

https://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/5164605

https://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/5164609

Thanks!

Great insight on CEO Park character.

And that line "Madam, do you love me?"... Did they play it out as romantic as I hear it in my head? :D

1 hour ago, widala said:

I dont know how they calculated an actor's salary, CYJ and PSD undoubtedly are talented actresses but LSK and CWS definitely have more "star power" (beside their acting skills). That they happened to be men, I guess that's the problem... Koreans have been sensitive about gender issues especially after the Me Too movement...

I hope it's a non-issue. 

1 hour ago, widala said:

And that line "Madam, do you love me?"... Did they play it out as romantic as I hear it in my head? :D

Hahaha... I never thought to play it as romantic in my head. I actually picture it asked by an insecure person. Yours is definitely a better idea, but considering this is not a "happy" movie, I don't know. Anyway, I think I have spoiled myself a little too much, and that makes me mad. :(

Here's the thread I created:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, widala said:

This might be the article talking about how much the actors were paid. Apart from SKH, the other actors didn't make that much actually.

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/main/news_view.php?id=435401

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Hahaha... I never thought to play it as romantic in my head. I actually picture it asked by an insecure person. Yours is definitely a better idea, but considering this is not a "happy" movie, I don't know. 

I took that line completely out of context, but turned it's not what I think it is... If I talk about it more it will be a spoiler :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Anyway, I think I have spoiled myself a little too much, and that makes me mad. :(

Me too! I really need to stop reading those posts on Twitter...

• LOL 1

From all of the similar interviews, I think this is the first article I read where they ask him his wife's reaction about his lovescene in Parasite

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/06/412892/

His answer is short. 

"I didn't have anything special to say. My wife watched the movie. She thought she enjoyed it." 

I wonder what was the point of asking such questions? It's work, nothing personal.

Maybe because Jeon Hye Jin is also an actress?

What did they expect his answer would be?

Anyway, talking about JHJ, her new drama Search: WWW is totally recommended!

4 hours ago, widala said:

From all of the similar interviews, I think this is the first article I read where they ask him his wife's reaction about his lovescene in Parasite

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/06/412892/

His answer is short. 

"I didn't have anything special to say. My wife watched the movie. She thought she enjoyed it." 

I wonder what was the point of asking such questions? It's work, nothing personal.

Maybe because Jeon Hye Jin is also an actress?

What did they expect his answer would be?

Anyway, talking about JHJ, her new drama Search: WWW is totally recommended!

Korean actors seem to get that kind of questioning a lot during interviews. Good for him to keep his answer very short.

• Like 1