Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

I'm so sorry @prinza_13, although I love your optimism, I have to go with @sadiesmith here.

Korean moviegoers nowadays is a bit more unpredictable. Big names don't always mean big hit, like the tank of Drug King and the unexpected hit of Extreme Job.

Even PMC, with Ha Jung Woo, did merely okay.

So, for Bad Police, if it earn enough to break even and for Lee Sun Kyun to buy some food for his family (:D), and the movie doesn't get to much harsh criticism, I'll be a happy bunny.

2 minutes ago, widala said:

I'm so sorry @prinza_13, although I love your optimism, I have to go with @sadiesmith here.

Korean moviegoers nowadays is a bit more unpredictable. Big names don't always mean big hit, like the tank of Drug King and the unexpected hit of Extreme Job.

Even PMC, with Ha Jung Woo, did merely okay.

So, for Bad Police, if it earn enough to break even and for Lee Sun Kyun to buy some food for his family (:D), and the movie doesn't get to much harsh criticism, I'll be a happy bunny.

But we all really really hope that @prinza_13 is the right one this time. :D  

@sadiesmith @widala Indeed everything is unpredictable in entertainment industry. Since he did a good job in My Ahjussi, people will love this kind of movie which is an amalgamation of A Hard Day and Man From Nowhere. 

He praised Jeon So Nee on premiere yesterday. Do you know what did he say about her? I can't get a proper English with my translator app.

I am trying not to get too excited, but it's kinda hard after reading this:

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20190226000540

20190226000656_0.jpg
“The Bad Lieutenant” (Warner Bros. Korea)

Excerpt:
Director Lee, about to release his first feature-length film in five years, said that Lee’s acting was crucial in carrying the drama, as the protagonist is an extremely emotional character with dramatic highs and lows. 

“There is an enormous gap in him from when he is peaceful and when he is in hell. (Lee Sun-kyun’s) facial expression was very impressive when depicting such state,” he said. “The main character’s way of thinking changes drastically along the way, and I needed an actor that can cover that range.”

More here.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much @sadiesmith for sharing the article!

Yes, the movie sounds more exciting now.

I also intrigued by the last paragraph

“My first (feature-length) film ‘Cruel Winter Blues,’ ‘The Man from Nowhere,’ and ‘No Tears for the Dead’ all have same endings: with the male protagonist finally understanding something and weeping. ... I like films that show (the protagonists’) inner growth,” he said. “But this film doesn’t end there and takes another step. Jo Pil-ho’s action, after he comes to a realization, is important. I think this film will be an important turning point for me.”

Hopefully @prinza_13 optimistic view about this movie will come true :D

2 hours ago, widala said:

Thanks so much @sadiesmith for sharing the article!

Yes, the movie sounds more exciting now.

I also intrigued by the last paragraph

“My first (feature-length) film ‘Cruel Winter Blues,’ ‘The Man from Nowhere,’ and ‘No Tears for the Dead’ all have same endings: with the male protagonist finally understanding something and weeping. ... I like films that show (the protagonists’) inner growth,” he said. “But this film doesn’t end there and takes another step. Jo Pil-ho’s action, after he comes to a realization, is important. I think this film will be an important turning point for me.”

Hopefully @prinza_13 optimistic view about this movie will come true :D

@widala Hahaha...well, too much optimism is bad. Have you watched him on Healing Camp?

@sadiesmith, I was just going to post this great news, you beat me to it :D

Please accept, Lee Sun Kyun-nim...

Jung Ryeo Won is one of my favorite actress!

If both of them accept, it'll be so great!

I'm so happy!

The book illustration already look like LSK...

Formal clothes with sneakers? So very him :lol:

• LOL 1

17 minutes ago, widala said:

@sadiesmith, I was just going to post this great news, you beat me to it :DPlease accept, Lee Sun Kyun-nim...

Jung Ryeo Won is one of my favorite actress!

If both of them accept, it'll be so great!

I'm so happy!

Legal genre is not my favorite, so I hope this one is more human than legal. A little bit of romance to spice it up wouldn't hurt either. :)

Coincidentally, these two are no strangers to each other. They did quite a bit of CF work together back in the days.

13 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Coincidentally, these two are no strangers to each other. They did quite a bit of CF work together back in the days.

Yes, and I've seen somewhere that they attend an award show together? But I forgot which and what year :sweatingbullets:

It seems like the cases are rather unique, so maybe it'll be different from the usual legal drama, although I don't mind the genre.

(oot : I'm watching Legal High, it's hilarious!)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Legal genre is not my favorite, so I hope this one is more human than legal. A little bit of romance to spice it up wouldn't hurt either. :)

@sadiesmith @widala I thought he will choose drama project that airing next year? Perhaps there's a change schedule...

Jung Ryeo Won wants to work with him in drama/movie together for a long time since they did CF together. Who knows she get the chance now? Fate works in a mysterious way.

I don't believe there's a romance in it may be just civil to each other...you know it's hard to make him say YES to it anymore :( 

@widala No problem. Yayy...I'm glad you enjoy watching him on HC. Happy watching for next eps.

7 hours ago, prinza_13 said:

@sadiesmith @widala I thought he will choose drama project that airing next year? Perhaps there's a change schedule...

Jung Ryeo Won wants to work with him in drama/movie together for a long time since they did CF together. Who knows she get the chance now? Fate works in a mysterious way.

I don't believe there's a romance in it may be just civil to each other...you know it's hard to make him say YES to it anymore :( 

@widala No problem. Yayy...I'm glad you enjoy watching him on HC. Happy watching for next eps.

I think the script must have looked interesting enough that he even considered taking this drama at the end of a very busy year. Isn't it based on a bestselling book/essay? The contents seem to be on the mature side and certainly match his liking these days. And it will be produced by the same company who gave us the mega hit My Love from the Stars. All those factors combined may have been enough to give him the confidence to pursue it. Yeah, I don't believe it will be romance-focused either, but I can still hope for a little bit served on the side. :) Besides, didn't he go on record to say he might one day still do a melo? Let's hope a great director and script writer get attached to this project and these actors accept.

Here's a soompi thread we can all go and support:

Speaking of drama casting news, his wife will be filming a drama for TvN and Lee Sang Yoon is a melo for SBS. You must be over the moon, @widala, if you're still into LSY. hahaha...

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/jang-nara-lee-chung-ah-lee-sang-yoon-consider-sbs-melo-mystery-vip/

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/im-soo-jung-jang-ki-yong-lee-da-hee-jeon-hye-jin-join-tvn-romance-drama/

• Like 1

@sadiesmith If this already become news, then legit he will do it. FYI, I also want to watch him and his wife in drama/movie together. I think they will do better on screen than stage performance. Besides, that's the only way now to see him kiss and everything, hahaha.

From the articles, instead of glamorous cases, seems like the essays are more focused on everyday life of the prosecutor.

So, it could be a "slice of life" type of drama...

A similar tone with My Ahjussi?

16 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Speaking of drama casting news, his wife will be filming a drama for TvN and Lee Sang Yoon is a melo for SBS. You must be over the moon, @widala, if you're still into LSY. hahaha...

It's funny that in that TvN new drama, the casts are mostly connected to Lee Sun Kyun. Im Soo Jung (female lead) was LSK's onscreen wife in the movie All About My Wife. Jang Ki Yong (male lead) worked together in My Ahjussi, the enemy of LSK's onscreen future wife Lee Ji An. And there's LSK's real wife, Jeon Hye Jin. :lol::lol:

Haha, I'm still into LSY. And I've read somewhere that he will be paired with one of my favorite actress Jang Na Ra! I hope it won't be a disappointment like About Time :(

@prinza_13, could it be that he reluctant to do a kiss scene because he was traumatized by that bad kiss scene in Miss Korea? Haha, just kidding. He talked about it in Healing Camp...poor guy, his intention was good :sweatingbullets: 

But, he didn't make the drama alone. There's the Director, the editing team... Why did they still use that scene? I mean, I'm sure they can tell if it was good or not...

On 2/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, widala said:

From the articles, instead of glamorous cases, seems like the essays are more focused on everyday life of the prosecutor.

So, it could be a "slice of life" type of drama...

A similar tone with My Ahjussi?

It's funny that in that TvN new drama, the casts are mostly connected to Lee Sun Kyun. Im Soo Jung (female lead) was LSK's onscreen wife in the movie All About My Wife. Jang Ki Yong (male lead) worked together in My Ahjussi, the enemy of LSK's onscreen future wife Lee Ji An. And there's LSK's real wife, Jeon Hye Jin. :lol::lol:

Haha, I'm still into LSY. And I've read somewhere that he will be paired with one of my favorite actress Jang Na Ra! I hope it won't be a disappointment like About Time :(

@prinza_13, could it be that he reluctant to do a kiss scene because he was traumatized by that bad kiss scene in Miss Korea? Haha, just kidding. He talked about it in Healing Camp...poor guy, his intention was good :sweatingbullets: 

But, he didn't make the drama alone. There's the Director, the editing team... Why did they still use that scene? I mean, I'm sure they can tell if it was good or not...

@widala Good point. I also have same thought like you. Miss Korea production team was kinda a bad one. I'm sure he avoids to work with them again, bhahaha..

He will send a lovely coffee truck to his wife shooting location because the team is familiar with him, hehe. Can't wait to see that. Speaking of his latest drama, that's true its has My Ahjussi's aura, which is his specialty :) You must remember that his wife once needed to sit him down and have a serious talk about his habit to choose "safe" project, in which he acted as supporting role. His wife knew his potential and that made him confident enough to take Pasta as lead actor for the first time (LOL).

This time, after the massive success of My Ahjussi, he transforms into a more confident person to take different genre of drama/movie. No more cheating wife story/pity husband role...YASS :)