K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never heard of www.dvdfromkorea.com until I read about it in this thread. I'm interested in purchasing Resurrection, and I was wondering if the dvdfromkorea.com version had good subs. So, creidesca, please post about the quality of the subs when you watch it ^_^

since the distributor of the Resurrection Director's CUT DVDset is Bitwin, the quality of the subs are just like other previous Bitwin sets. The DVD set clearly has Bitwin marked on it besides KBS Media.

Guest sarangf

hmmmm... does anyone know if the loveholic dvd subs are good? i saw the first episode and im interested in watching the rest.. and its on sale at dvdfromkorea.com for only 56.00 USD and thats pretty cheap :mellow: i wouldnt be so mad purchasing it even if its bad because i didnt get ripped off buying it :vicx: lol.. btw does anyone know dvdfromkorea's shipping rate? :wacko:

hi

i've have Loveholic DVDs with excellent Engs. i brought it for $42 and watch it only one.it's not my cup of tea so email me at sarangf@fsmail.net if u want it

Guest prita

can anybody help ... I'm looking for dvd Secret (kim min jong, kim ha neul, ryu shi won, ha ji won) in english sub and code region 3 or region all

many thanks

Add, GREEN ROSE, to the list of good subs from SBS. But, I guess, wait till the Korean version of MY GIRL comes out and see what other ppl say about the subtitling.

i also have Law Firm (starring Song Seung Hun, So Ji Sub, etc), which an older SBS drama... the english subs are decent, i wouldn't complain about it (not completely error free, though)

i might just end up buying the SBS version of My Girl, instead of YA's... not because i'm impatient, but i really would rather have those extra features, and i've already watched the drama w/ fansubs anyway. oh, well!

I was thinking the same thing as angelxsmile, I'll probably wait and see what other people have to say about the subs on the SBS version of "My Girl". I want the good picture quality as much as I need good subs, so I'll just have to wait and see!

BTW I've been watching "Fashion 70s" and the subs are pretty bad and it's an SBS drama. There are a LOT of places where I can barely understand what they're trying to say!

im definitely going to buy the sbs version-->call me crazy but u know i can always use fansubs if i want to.n figure out a way to attach my comp to the tv..

and btw did u guys know that GR wasn't subbed by SBS..it was actually BITWIN that released green rose..odd eh--hehehe i wish BITWIN produced all the dramas..

Guest koguma

I've noticed that Fashion 70's on Yesasia is no longer available! It seems that SBS won't be producing anymore DVDs! I wasn't very sure whether I wanted to buy the set (despite how much I really liked the drama) because it was in Region 3 and priced over 130 bucks. Sad to see that the DVD won't be produced.

HOWEVER, there is a chance for YA Entertainment to produce it. I've e-mailed YA Entertainment, and they are wondering whether fans would be interested in buying a US version of Fashion 70's. I know I would be interested, but what do you all think about YA Entertainment releasing Fashion 70's on DVD?

Guest xx-outsider-xx

i'm interested in buying 'Terms of Endearment/Conditions of Love'. Anyone know where i can get it? None of the stores seem to have it. I want a decent english subtitle. but the one i found either rather poor for subtitle or the have chinese sub instead.

^ yes! me too! i downloaded and watched the first couple episodes, and it seems pretty good. i don't believe there's an official version of Terms of Endearment out... maybe we should write to YA and see if they'd would take interest in buying the rights and subbing the drama if it were in demand. i would rather have an official version too... i almost considered buying the chinese version as a last resort. :(

by the way... My Girl is already available for pre-ordering on both dvdheaven.com and dvdfromkorea.com

http://www.dvdheaven.com/dvd/dvd_detail.php?idx=16418

for some reason, i can't link the page from dvdfromkorea... just go to the site, and type in "My Girl" in the search engine... it's cheaper than dvdheaven, btw.

Guest luv dramas

i'm interested in buying 'Terms of Endearment/Conditions of Love'. Anyone know where i can get it? None of the stores seem to have it. I want a decent english subtitle. but the one i found either rather poor for subtitle or the have chinese sub instead.

Did you check the dsdvds.com? They show whether they consider the subtitling excellent, fair, poor and they show the rating. I wanted to purchase that DVD also and I thought it showed excellent subtitling.

Guest xx-outsider-xx

Did you check the dsdvds.com? They show whether they consider the subtitling excellent, fair, poor and they show the rating. I wanted to purchase that DVD also and I thought it showed excellent subtitling.

thanks for showing me this website. never tried this site before. and it does say excellent english~

but is this Dimsum DVD store reliable? anyone tried buying from here before? coz the price is unbelievably low compared to other stores.

Please anyone give a feedback. i want to buy quite a few dramas here if it's really a recommended store. thanks!

they're all bootlegs.

I think you're right: they're the mainland Chinese versions. Plus, the official "My Girl" Korean set isn't even release yet, right?

they're all bootlegs.

I think you're right: they're the mainland Chinese versions. Plus, the official "My Girl" Korean set isn't even release yet, right?

lol. i concur, they are all bootlegs. and some of them have really terrible translations... :vicx: some of them have good translations but some are just terrible... :ph34r:

i bought the overseas version of 'hello, mr. god!' and the subs were as if they just put the script through the altavista translator.... :mellow: but i got it for $20.00 USD so i didnt really feel that cheated... :wacko: still waiting for the official kbs release though... <_< gosh theyre slow at releasing it :huh:

oh hehehe the bootleg copies--u know my theory abt this bootleg copies--IF IT'S OUT WITH ENGLISH SUBS IN THE KOREAN VERSION-most likely it would be copied n the subs would be the same ones as the one they pirated..

but if it's not out yet in korean version with subs--IT WILL HAVE TERRIBLE SUBS...

that's my assumption--that's why those ppl who r buying this who rely on eng subs should think abt it before buying it

Guest luv dramas

The only reason I have been debating whether to buy Terms of Endearment from DimSum DVDs is that since it was a longer drama, I highly doubt if it will be ever released through Yesasia etc. because it would cost too much to release a 70 episode series. In the Frequently Asked Questions section at the dsdvds website, they claim that these are not bootlegs but rather the Asia version. What they consider excellent English subtitles may not be as good as Yesasia but in this case, purchasing Terms of Endearment (Conditions of Love)from these kinds of sources might be the only alternative that we have since I highly doubt that it will be released with US copyright through Yesasia.

In the Frequently Asked Questions section at the dsdvds website, they claim that these are not bootlegs but rather the Asia version. What they consider excellent English subtitles may not be as good as Yesasia...

Then they are probably the mainland Chinese versions, which are usually much cheaper, and the quality is not as good However, though I've bought some of those off people on Ebay before, I do still question whether the manufacturers have legitimate rights to produce them. Again, like I already mentioned, they're selling "My Girl" which doesn't even have an official Korean release yet.

I've found you get what you pay for. If you're desperate for a movie that's not available by any other means, I'm all for buying whatever you can come by. I've bought personal-made copies of out-of-print dramas off Ebay before; take what you can get!

Guest twitchx

they don't have rights. They just have people in Korea taping (or better, DVD Recording) the shows from the HD Channels on Satellite Tv. Shows come out three days after the conclusion of the show, do you think this could be possible? And besides, paying 40 bucks for a 50 episode Drama always means bootleg.

they don't have rights. They just have people in Korea taping (or better, DVD Recording) the shows from the HD Channels on Satellite Tv. Shows come out three days after the conclusion of the show, do you think this could be possible? And besides, paying 40 bucks for a 50 episode Drama always means bootleg.

well said! with the taped or DVD recorded versions, too, it becomes even more obvious when you see the TV network logo pop up on screen!

I guess the consensus is, avoid that seller, eh?

Archived