K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goong DVD cover art and preorder price here:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/sect...pid-1004508038/

OMG IT WILL HAVE GOONG 1.5, INTERVIEWS, NGs AND OTHER BEHIND THE SCENES STUFF!! OMG!! The set is going to be nearly perfect and I could almost forget the fullscreen-ness... Almost!

l_p1004508038.jpg

That's a lot cheaper than I was expecting it to be!

ask tom first to be 100% sure..we thought that they would include the extra stuff for my girl, however they didn't update the page yet at that time except for the picture cover...we had our hopes up but sadly they didn't get the extras..

Guest Elusive

Ah, I hope that's not the case!

I want to remain optimistic because:

1) Before the cover was posted, the list of extras (down the page) was just "coming soon," so maybe the list of extras came from another source sheet/info thing the webmaster was sent. It doesn't appear to be from the box cover, which just says "extras".

2) It says 9 discs... 24 episodes fit on 8, so I hope we're not getting one full disc of preview episodes. Yikes!

I've already placed my order. *fingers crossed until November*

c1004508038.png

• 4 weeks later...

just an FYI: KBS-America's E-store has reopened.

they have a bunch of older dramas now in region 1 like Sweet 18, Sangdoo, etc.

and then there's the US versions of MISA, Revenge and Full House = which i assume are all non-director's cut.

oh if anyone else is looking for MISA DVDs -- they're back on stock in dvdfromkorea so i ordered 'em right away. yay :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nguyen82

I want to buy Full House director cut set and the seller has two versions, one is Bitwin(KBS)-9DVD and the other is yesasia version-8DVD, which has better english subtitle?

And for the bonus features disc, both do not have english subtitle, right?

p.s. Is Bitwin associated with KBS media?

What is the different between Bitwin and Yesasia version?

I'm new to all this buying k-series with english subtitles, so I'm a bit confused because there are so many types like YA, Bitwin, etc.

I want to buy Full House director cut set and the seller has two versions, one is Bitwin(KBS)-9DVD and the other is yesasia version-8DVD, which has better english subtitle?

And for the bonus features disc, both do not have english subtitle, right?

p.s. Is Bitwin associated with KBS media?

What is the different between Bitwin and Yesasia version?

I'm new to all this buying k-series with english subtitles, so I'm a bit confused because there are so many types like YA, Bitwin, etc.

well i know that they r not selling DC full house in the US version site of yesasia coz yesasia can't sell kbs series anymore in the US because kbs american online store is selling their kbs version...i know that the Bitwin company produced the director's cut..yesasia/ya entertainment did not produced a full house dvd set so maybe u should ask the seller further questions-n even yet ask for pictures..the dc cut should be in a white box..i don't know how the kbs version looks like since that one was new but u can check the eonline store of kbs america-i think this one is not dc though (im not 100% sure-u have to check the website)

regarding the subs for the DC cute-well i must say im a bit disappointment by this release..bitwin is really good at their eng subs but full house needed a little grammar n spelling check..it's understandable, it's just that it's a DC and we know that Bitwin has good reputation when it comes to english subs but this one is not their best work...

the kbs version that kbs american eonline store might have better subs (i think)..

hopefully u r not buying the bootleg copies even though some sellers would say they r original

thanks clauric for answ. my quest. and I will get the KBS version instead of Bitwin then.

ur welcome..just make sure it came from kbs america..coz it might be one of those bootleg china videos that has the kbs media logo on it...

• 2 weeks later...

CGV's Freeze Limited Edtion DVD set w English subs is available @ Yesasia!

lp1004604040ps7.jpg

20061214034pt7.jpg

The DVD set is 4 discs, the 1st 3 contains the drama, the 4th disc consists of an un-released movie and extras!

Freeze (Limited Edition) (ENGLSISH SUBTITLED)

The distributor/publisher for the DVD set is E&E Media. I've purchased KBS' My Rosy Life (the Korea distributed version w/ E-subs) and the subtitles are quite good. E&E Media also released the Korea distributed E-subbed DVD set for KBS' Wedding.

Also, according to DVDfromKorea...Please Come Back, Soonae will soon be released on DVD w/ E-subs.

upcoming releases from YA site:

What Planet are You From? - Feb 2007

Over the Rainbow - Mar 2007

Alone in Love - Mar 2007

A Prince's First Love - Apr 2007

Jumong - Apr 2007

i'm excited about OTR ... i hope it gets released with special features too.

oh and jumong ... i wonder how many volumes will they split the set though :huh:

Guest RulerOfYourWorld

Anyone else disappointed with the Goong DVD set? it's 4:3 anamorphic but it's really 16:9 with black bars. this makes the picture very blurry because the actual picture area is smaller. they could have just cropped their masters and rendered out 16:9 anamorphic and you would have gotten more higher quality video.

anyone know if their subsequent DVDs they released are similar? 4:3 with 16:9+black bars?

I really really really hope YAEntertainment fix this for future revisions of their DVDs.

i asked Katie from YA if they got the rights from Fantasy Couple (Couple of Fantasy / Couple of Trouble) ... she said no but they've heard good things about it.

she also said that YA is working on Full House and Winter Sonata ... with special features. i wonder if a lot of people would buy it though ... esp. Full House since the Bitwin subs weren't really that bad anyway :huh:

Archived