K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^i saw that!! so glad i waited. definately gonna get this one. :)

hmm... if Bitwin is doing "Sorry, I Love You", the subs are liable to be very good.

Can anyone predict how the subs will be for "Alone in Love"?

BTW if YesAsia isn't selling them, again, it may be a case of them planning to release a R1 version of their own?

YesAsia (North America) does not sell KBS dramas due to copyrights, etc. On their global site, they do. And, they only sub SBS and MBC dramas. :)

• 2 weeks later...

to be released: GOODBYE SOLO (kbs)

release date varies at different retail sites. North American buyers: since it's a KBS drama, I recommend purchasing @ dvdheaven.com or dvdfromkorea.com.

goodbyesolo1uk.jpg

by the way...just some info. my younger sister was able to meet with a representative from KBS Korea, a couple of months ago, when they made a visit to her Korean class @ the university; and she did get a chance to bring up with them about KBS Korea and KBS America. referring to dvd releases and such.

the KBS representative said that KBS Korea has NO association with KBS America whatsoever. so, whatever KBS releases that are orginally from KBS Korea, they have to buy and/or get permission from them.

meaning, KBS America is doing exactly what YesAsia is doing. buying the rights to the drama, but would have to sub the dramas themselves...as well as the packaging, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shred

Upcoming releases from YA Entertainment:

Aug 6 - Glass Slipper Vol 1, My Girl

Sep 6 - Glass Slipper Vol 2, Palace (Goong)

Oct 6 - Stained Glass, Sad Love Story

Nov 6 - Lovers in Prague, First Love of the Royal Prince

Dec 6 - Tomato

(i'm surprised they're releasing Stained Glass and SLS ...)

Here's the latest information about "My Girl" from YesAsia:

l_p1004473245.jpg

The price is to be determined.

Expected Release Date: September 12, 2006

US Link: http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/sect...future_release/

Product Information

Product Title : My Girl (SBS TV Series)(US Version)

Region Code : 1 - USA, Canada, U.S. Territories (What is it?)

Picture Format : (What is it?)

Artist Name(s) : Lee Jun Gi | Lee Dong Wook | Lee Da Hae

Release Date : September 12, 2006

Language : Korean

Subtitle : English

Package Weight : 420 g

Publisher : YA Entertainment

Other Information : 6 DVDs(16 Episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004473245

c1004473245.png

** And for the first time, there will actually be really good extras for us fans! :) All of our emails and suggestions finally paid off! **

thanks, blitzy! does anyone know if they're subbing the extras??

also wondering if anyone knows why YesAsia isn't selling the "Alone in Love" box set? are they planning on subbing that one, too?

Guest mujisan

Aargh! Still bitter that YaEntertainment is not going to release Spring Waltz. If you want it, write to them. They might change their mind later. Can't stand bad subs!

Guest spikey

Aargh! Still bitter that YaEntertainment is not going to release Spring Waltz. If you want it, write to them. They might change their mind later. Can't stand bad subs!

Hi, I wrote to them why the drama, Spring Waltz was removed from the "Coming Soon" section and got a reply from that the release date is delayed! Hope this is true cos I want to buy the original with good English subs on Spring Waltz.

guys i'm confused..

y'all are talking about buying DVD sets of korean dramas right? nut why is there a difference between YesAsia version or the SBS version or KBS? isn't it the same??

like i read from one post saying that she will buy the SBS version of MY Girl instead of the YesAsia version.. i'm confused about that, isn't MY GIRL was under the SBS network?

can you guys enlighten me what is the difference between these different versions od DVD boxsets??

all i want is to buy the original/official DVD boxsets of my favorite korean drama with english subtitles

like GOONG, MY GIRL, WHICH STAR ARE YOU FROM, MY NAME IS KIM SAMSOON to name a few

sorry for the long post... but i'm really :wacko: THANKS

Guest caffienejunkie

guys i'm confused..

y'all are talking about buying DVD sets of korean dramas right? nut why is there a difference between YesAsia version or the SBS version or KBS? isn't it the same??

like i read from one post saying that she will buy the SBS version of MY Girl instead of the YesAsia version.. i'm confused about that, isn't MY GIRL was under the SBS network?

can you guys enlighten me what is the difference between these different versions od DVD boxsets??

all i want is to buy the original/official DVD boxsets of my favorite korean drama with english subtitles

like GOONG, MY GIRL, WHICH STAR ARE YOU FROM, MY NAME IS KIM SAMSOON to name a few

From what I've heard, the yesasia version has better english subs than the dvds released by SBS. I haven't really checked up on KBS. The disadvantage is that Yesasia doesn't usually have all the extras that come with the regular set you can get from SBS (or whatever channel the show was on). So you have to choose: Good english subs or a lot of special features.

However... Everyone here is saying that the YesAsia release of My Girl is going to have all the extras that was on the SBS release of the drama. Yay! And might be subbed, too. Does anyone here know if this is going to be commonplace now? Will Yesasia continue to include all the extras in the dvds they are selling?

guys i'm confused..

YesAsia version (whether it be SBS or MBC): they're Region 1, does not come w/ Special Features (if they do, it's just pictures...or Episode previews of other dramas), and are subtitled by YAEntertainment. Although, their version of 'MY GIRL,' will be the first to include special features.

SBS, MBC, KBS versions: comes w/ Special Features - which includes photo gallery, NGs, interviews, making of certain scenes...etc, very few comes out w/ English subtitles.

[] SBS have been releasing their dramas w/ english subs, but their subs are only average, or below average.

[] MBC - either does NOT do English subtitling, or when they do...it's only average.

[] KBS - due to KBS America, YAEntertainment is not allowed to release KBS dramas for buyers in North America. if you're looking to buy KBS dramas and live in NA, i suggest you purchase them from: dvdheaven.com or dvdfromkorea.com.

GOONG, being a MBC drama - it was released without english subtitles. I suggest, wait for YA's version, which is slated to be released in a couple of months.

MY GIRL, is a SBS drama. - although it was originally released w/ english subtitles, the quality of the subtitles were poorly done. YA Ent. was able to pick this drama up to subtitle themselves and will be released in Sept. not only that, it will be the first dvd drama set by YA Ent. to have Special Features.

**to clarify - i know YA Ent. is trying their best to get the rights to be able to include the Special Features...so, i hope their release of MY GIRL will be the first of many to include Special Features, and not the last. YA's versions are worth the buy, packaging may be different from Korea's official release, but if you're English subtitled dependent, i suggest you buy YesAsia's versions. the quality of it is superb...just like original.

hope that helped.

Guest shred

Yay...been waiting for My girl and Goong...so happy now.

zashi, we're waiting for the same DVDs! :P

eeeeeee!!!! so i guess YA finally succeeded of getting special features included on their DVDs. *i'm so thrilled* and like some of you, i hope it goes on with other dramas. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for Goong special features!

like clauric, i hope the price is still $69.99 like their other dramas.

if not, i'm buying from another online store ... somewhere cheaper. but if Yesasia's having that free magazine offer with DVD purchase again ... then i'll buy from 'em :lol:

Guest doroAnxx05

Here's the latest information about "My Girl" from YesAsia:

l_p1004473245.jpg

The price is to be determined.

Expected Release Date: September 12, 2006

US Link: http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/sect...future_release/

Product Information

Product Title : My Girl (SBS TV Series)(US Version)

Region Code : 1 - USA, Canada, U.S. Territories (What is it?)

Picture Format : (What is it?)

Artist Name(s) : Lee Jun Gi | Lee Dong Wook | Lee Da Hae

Release Date : September 12, 2006

Language : Korean

Subtitle : English

Package Weight : 420 g

Publisher : YA Entertainment

Other Information : 6 DVDs(16 Episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004473245

c1004473245.png

** And for the first time, there will actually be really good extras for us fans! :) All of our emails and suggestions finally paid off! **

Thnx for da info. i want to buy tis one, too.

Archived