K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

^so tom said that they r not releasing it in the us yesasia site?

boo hoo..i mean they did in other sbs dramas why not my girl..

i dunno i think im going to buy the sbs version prbabaly in dvdfromkorea...

i know im risking abt the quality of the subs..but i just want to make sure to get extra godies..

usually if YA has the total intention to release their own version, they won't sell the other version on the US site. But dang it, if they don't intend to even release their own version (and I'm not referring to My Girl, but certain MBC dramas), and the other version happens to be unsubbed, why the heck aren't they selling it on the US site! Makes me so mad.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^hey creidesca, i know that u purchased resurrection, i was wondering if u purchased it in dvdfromkorea?if u did, how much did the shipping cost?

since it's my first time purchasing from them--since u told me that YA would probably not release the sbs version for My Girl..

gawd this whole copyright blah blah in us yesasia is making me upset...i think they yesasia should sub dramas that are not being subbed at all..

Guest cathycasi21

I was searching through this forum and noticed alot of people had complaints about kbs..I'm soo glad I'm not the only one! I had so many problems with my order. The plastic on my dvd had been torn, there was additional fees, My Discs were scratched..etc. I know they're just starting but they should've had organized everything before they opened the e-store. Anyways, I'm gonna try out the other sites everyone mentioned.

i hope u guys don't mind that im advertising..

anyone interested on attic cat and love letter yesasia dvd set..they r used..i sell them for $32 shipped..anyone interested, just pm..

hehehe im saving up for my my girl set so hehehe yeah

^so tom said that they r not releasing it in the us yesasia site?

boo hoo..i mean they did in other sbs dramas why not my girl..

i dunno i think im going to buy the sbs version prbabaly in dvdfromkorea...

i know im risking abt the quality of the subs..but i just want to make sure to get extra godies..

So far the SBS release is only available in the Global site. That may change. It's still a long time until April. The YAE version will be released later this summer.

Guest S.H.E_fan

which page has the my girl info?

i saw the prices for kbs series from their kbs website and its so freakin expensive.

can someone take pics of the sam-soon dvd set from yesasia, i want to see how it looks like before buying

and yeah, fansub are always better, as it gets all the details. the yesasia/official releases just give us the basic translations

Guest S.H.E_fan

thanks, the box looks pretty good, though from what i saw, the korean version looks more in tune with the series

are there korean subs as well??

also, they should have the chubbier sam-soon on the cover, instead of the skinny one. truer to the show

Regarding the, MY GIRL, dvd release. The dvd info. they have posted up now...is what SBS themselves, will be releasing. YA is gonna release their own version, which will be sold on the US site.

Tom just emailed me about it:

Yes, we will work on "My Girl" as well. It might also be released on DVD by SBS with EG subs, but from my experience as well, their subtitles are not so good. So we want to do this great title some justice, and release a "US version" with proper EG subtitles. However, it will take 4-5 more months before SBS will allow us to release our version. Probably around July.

Regarding the, MY GIRL, dvd release. The dvd info. they have posted up now...is what SBS themselves, will be releasing. YA is gonna release their own version, which will be sold on the US site.

Tom just emailed me about it:

so hmm..are they going to release the sbs version as well in the us version site?and i hope i wouldn't be a bother but can u ask tom (or u can give me his email) what's the chance of having the same extra/goodies that sbs have in the us version?

you know... my biggest complaint w/ YA's dvd sets are that they'll include an episode or two of another drama they've subbed... but NOT the extra features, that the Korean versions offer.

now... i don't know which one to buy. YA's or SBS' version of My Girl. it's like... do i want mediocre subs + extra features, or excellent subs with nothing. :(

Guest S.H.E_fan

i think i can just watch the sbs version with subs, since i already know what they're saying.. i'm ok with this tradeoff as long as there's a lot of extras.. however its still region3

as for YA releases, i find it annoying that the Jewel in the Palace eps are included.. wth, what if ppl are not interested?

can't remember who previously posted...but it had some info from Tom explaining why they can't get the rights to Special Features/Extras. it's not like, YA can't afford to buy the rights to it...it's that SBS/MBC won't let them. so, can't really attack YA for that...and...about them adding a couple of episodes from other dramas...it's only to help promote the other series they have released. don't think there's anything wrong w/ that.

Guest J2BiN

do anyone here know about DVDasian.com........

i just wonder can someone tell me how's good and bad of the subs...............

how to compare to yesasia.com, which one is better subs.......?

thanks,

yesasia and dvdasian are bascially an online store..dvdasian doesn't have a company that produce subs like yesasia..

with dvdasian-i believe they pretty much sell the same stuff..sometimes dvdasian also carries those malaysian produced dvds..but i don't think they sell engrish chinese bootleg dvds

Yay! My Girl with subs! Hmm... I might not be able to wait for YA's version though... For me, I don't mind that YA puts an episode of other dramas as their bonus features. But my complaint is that about 95% of the extra episodes they include is from a drama I've already seen before. I guess it is better than no bonus at all though...

I like extras, but I wish that the extras were subbed. I think the only extra I saw subbed was in Emperor of the Sea vol. 3 where they had that bonus show.

I've ordered from Yesasia, DVDfromKorea, and DVD Asian. I usually order from DVD Asian first cuz they are really fast with their shipping (I usually can get it the next day with regular mailing since their headquarters are so close). I've never had problems with any of the three companies though. Usually I'll order from Yesasia if I'm ordering other goodies like posters, etc. or when they have special promotions. (I got my ASTATV magazine and a free Kim Sam Soon poster too! :) )

YA to release in MAY:

Goodbye My Love: starring, Ahn Jae Wook, Kim Hee Sun, Jung JunHo

Happy Together: starring, Song Seung Hun, Kim HaNeul, Cha Tae Hyun, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Ji Hyun

Goodbye My Love was one of my fav. dramas...tho I'm not a huge KHS fan....Ahn Jae Wook's acting was superb...along w/ Jung JunHo. Happy Together, I've only seen the first episode...but I've been wanting to see this one for years now...w/ an all star cast, this was right before everyone became famous!

ppl who ordered from dvdfromkorea--do u guys know how much is the shipping..since they r from korea how much do they charge shipping to us?

im planning to get my my girl dvd set there in the future and i might purchase snow white since they have it..

Guest shred

Happy Together: starring, Song Seung Hun, Kim HaNeul, Cha Tae Hyun, Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Ji Hyun

is the Happy Together different from the SBS-produced one? SBS released an English-subtitled edition last year but people complained the subs were bad.

Archived