K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

The KBS e-store version and DVDAsian.com version has 8 discs in total.

Whereas the Director's Cut version as advertised on DVD from Korea and global yesasia.com has 9 discs in total.

From dvdfromKorean

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail....nre=TV%20Series

it indicated the following are included:

Audio Commentary

Highlights

Interviews

Making Film

NG Cut

Music Video

Ending Scenes

Photo Gallery

The different versions just make it more confusing for us :(

creidesca - do you have more information on the difference? I am thinking KBS e-store set won't have all these extras since they have 1 disc less.

Thanks.

I did not open the plastic, that would make it impossible for me to return the set altogether.

I'm very sure they won't have the cut scenes or any extras, just because 3 epis/disc = 24 epis for the KBS America/KDT America 8 disc version. And if you guys are even more interested as to the packaging of this 8 disc DVD set, let me describe it:

A thin glossy paperbox encases 8 thin dvd cases--that was the giveaway that this was not the version I wanted, besides that the set lists 8 discs. It's not "digipack" like w/ the previous KBS drama releases that were manufactured from Korea. If you don't care to have the extras (and maybe even uncut scenes which is on the director's cut), then this would be the set for you to get.

Better watch out on the Wedding DVD set from KBS America as well...it could be the same one listed as DVDasian which is only 6 discs instead of 7. Also be aware of those out of stock items from KBS America...when it becomes available, it just might be the American manufactured and not the Korean manufactured. At least the Vol 3 Emperor of the Sea I bought along w/ the order was the same one that was released in Korea as well (until of course it is out of stock).

From now on, I think I'll be sticking to buying from dvdfromkorea, dvdheaven.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow i feel like kbs estore would not succeed..i mean yeah i understand the fact that us yesasia is no longer entitle to sell kbs dramas because now that kbs america has taken over..

but come on to actually have their "own" released dvds..i don't mind buying the dvds from kbs but i wished that they just sell the ones that they sell in korea like the one from bitwin..

Guest RulerOfYourWorld

does anyone know if the I'm Sorry I Love You DVD set is the directors cut from bitwin or if it's the same as the Resurrection set? It recently went out of stock and came back so I'm curious as to if this one is affected as well.

Guest RulerOfYourWorld

Hey all,

I'm interested in the Mr Duke series starring Choi Ji Woo and Kim Seung Woo - Mr. Duke (MBC TV Series) - January 24th 2006 - $69.99 Pre-order. Other than the blurb on YesAsia, I can't find much info about it. Can someone who is a fan of the show Mr. Duke start up a thread for it since it is coming to DVD soon? I really don't want to start a thread asking about it and it being the first subject in a possible discussion thread.

I remember that this show was one of the requested titles when there was a YA DVD suggestion thread but I see no topic on this show at all. Is this show just so-so?

Thanks creidesca. BTW, I still saw dvdfromkorea release date for Resurrection is Jan 30 whereas global yesasia is Feb 28.

I am not sure why dvdfromkorea has an early availability date than global yesasia. I hope it is the same set. I don't want to bother with any more returns :(

Better watch out on the Wedding DVD set from KBS America as well...it could be the same one listed as DVDasian which is only 6 discs instead of 7. Also be aware of those out of stock items from KBS America...when it becomes available, it just might be the American manufactured and not the Korean manufactured. At least the Vol 3 Emperor of the Sea I bought along w/ the order was the same one that was released in Korea as well (until of course it is out of stock).

Hallo, I want to ask you about Wedding DVD ,so the 7 disc of Wedding with extra and the 6 disc without extra right?

Great. I knew I should have waited a bit more before jumping the gun and ordering the "Wedding" boxset without first finding out its contents. I really hate KBS's E-store because they list the bare bones of the dvd contents -- sometimes nothing at all. It's like they want everyone to call them about each and every little detail. My boxset should arrive on Tuesday. I guess I can't open the plastic wrap if I intend to return it, right? That really bites, because you can't really tell just by looking at the outside if there are any extras. :( Oh well.... no more buying from KBS E-Store.

I guess we've been spoiled by YesAsia. Now I know what I'm missing out on! Stupid KBS!!! *pouts*

I've been ordering from only Yesasia, and didn't like how KBS-America ran their "e-store" site. I mean, is it secure? The fact that the system makes you e-mail them for every bit of info about the drama dvd is ridiculous. They do not provide customer's with what the boxset will look like, no information on the region code, number of dvd's and etc. The way they are handling they're online store is not very professional...

From what I understand, it sounds like KBS-AMERICA is now producing their own dvd boxsets? Please correct me if I'm wrong :sweatingbullets: So these boxsets are not the original dvd sets produced in Korea (Bitwin)? If that's the case I find the pricing on the boxsets a little too high... I miss purchasing KBS dramas...so is dvdheaven.com and dvdsfromkorea.com reliable? For those who have ordered from these sites how is the shipping service?

And how the Korean DVD set for Wedding will look like:

dvd017111_1.jpg

dvd017111_5.jpg

Awww..... I really, really hope that's what the KBS-America version looks like, but I'm not holding my breath. :( Bad thing is, this set is most likely Region 3, isn't it? I live in the US and my player can only support Region 1 or ALL. :tears:

And how the Korean DVD set for Wedding will look like:

dvd017111_1.jpg

dvd017111_5.jpg

BEWARE! The KBS America version of "Wedding" is not like what's shown above. Sorry I don't have access to a digital camera just yet to take some photos; will do it later. It is the USA version and only contains 6 dvds. In fact, it looks exactly like the "Resurrection" dvd boxset that creidesca posted. Each dvd is in it's own plastic case like the "Resurrection" dvd. I'm searching for the Korean dvd set for "Wedding" in Region 1 or ALL. All I've found so far are Region 3. :( If I can't find it in Region 1/ALL, then I'll keep the KBS America version, albeit I won't be too happy. <_<

take a look at this you guys!

could explain why there was a delay for the Resurrection DVD Boxset from Bitwin, guess it will be released Feb 24 2006, I guess we only get the gift if we order directly from them?? Anyone care to navigate the ordering proceess http://www.bitwin.co.kr/b_event/sub_write.asp:

http://www.bitwin.co.kr/b_event/main.htm

Slice05.jpg

Slice06.jpg

Slice09.jpgSlice10.jpgSlice11.jpg

it's ALL REGION!!!

box_m.jpg

KBS HD 미니시리즈 <부활> 감독판 DVD

제작사 KBS 미디어

장르 드라마

감독 박찬홍,전창근

주연 엄태웅, 한지민, 소이현, 고주원

소비자가 99,000원

공동구매가 84,150원

더빙

한국어

(시각장애인을 위한 화면해설)

자막 한국어, 영어

화면비율 16:9

오디오 돌비디지털 2.0

상영시간 1560분 (부가영상 225분 추가)

지역코드 ALL

등급 15세 관람가

Special Features

<본편>

본편 삭제 장면 편집 재 제작

1부 및 24부 : Commentary

감독, 작가, 엄태웅, 한지민

24부 엔딩뒤 뮤직비디오 약 2분(연출등 스텝 스틸 사진)

<부가영상 : 약 225분>

감독이 말하는 명장면 명대사

감독, 작가, 엄태웅, 한지민 Commentary

소품, 촬영 장소, 상징 - 감독, 작가 Commentary

소품 : 주사위, 팔찌

촬영장소 : 등대, 신혁 사무실, 신혁 까페, 옥상, 신혁 오피스텔

상징 : 반사 요법

인터뷰 : 90분

박찬홍 감독, 김지우 작가, 변춘호 촬영감독, 정길용 조명감독,

김영주 편집감독, 지평권 음악감독, 나이선 미술감독,

엄태웅, 한지민, 소이현, 고주원, 이정길, 김윤석, 이동규, 주진모,

이대연, 조재완, 고명완, 김갑수, 김규철

메이킹 필름 및 820축제

NG 장면

뮤직비디오

엔딩모음

회상 장면 - 감독, 작가, 엄태웅, 한지민 Commentary

Special Photo Gallery

can someone translate the Special Features?

taken from twitchfilm.net, posted by X:

Finally, 부활 (Rebirth) DVD Out at the End of February

If you were one of the people who pre-ordered the amazing TV Drama 부활 (Rebirth) back at the end of 2005, I guess we're sharing the same sentiments: you might be annoyed, even angry, that this title has been postponed for so long. While Bitwin keeps releasing useless Dramas like 웨딩 (Wedding), with very little fanfare, this gem from KBS has been pushed for over two months. Really, I apologize on their behalf, the wait has been killing me. And I'd do the same with KBS Media and Bitwin if I could... after they release this, that is.

Why? Because, see, this is a Director's Cut. More of the best TV Drama of the year. Yum. Well, after long debates, and a big fight by 'Rebirth' fanclubs like 부활패닉 (Buhwal Panic... thanks!), we finally have a release date. End of February. I know it's a long wait, and this should have been out in December, but at least now we know. Bitwin put up a little page for the release (don't bother buying from there unless you're from Korea, they don't ship overseas) which already shows the package art -- looks pretty good. There's actually an event for buyers there, which gives them a production diary, but this doesn't concern the DVD release itself.

Anyway, since we're here, let's see the specs: Drama was shot in HD so 16:9/1.85:1, and probably DD5.1 (although I'm not sure about that), with English/Korean Subs. Can't say to which extent this Director's Cut adds to the original, but usually it's about 70 Minutes per episode against the original 60. There's an audio commentary with the writer and cast for Episode 1 -- like on the fantabulous 다모 (Damo) Limited Edition DVD -- and a Music Video. Then we get 225 Minutes (yep, almost FOUR HOURS) of extras. They include the producer's handpicked best scenes with TWO commentary tracks; a 90 Minutes interview with producer, writer and cast; a badass Making Film, NG Scenes, Music Videos, a meeting with the fanclub, Photo Galleries, and more. OK, now I'm drooling... sorry.

Anyway, end of February. Pre-order is here. I might even review this baby again, if only for the special features (my first review is here). What do you say?

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/004913.html

I am looking forward to getting it.

BTW, do you think eventually KBS America can block dvdfromkorean to ship to North America? I hope not...

I really don't understand since the set is all region, how come KBS America e-store won't sell this set instead producing their version instead? I thought this should save them $$.

I am looking forward to getting it.

BTW, do you think eventually KBS America can block dvdfromkorean to ship to North America? I hope not...

I really don't understand since the set is all region, how come KBS America e-store won't sell this set instead producing their version instead? I thought this should save them $$.

I think it has something to do w/ a US law regarding distribution rights? Something about the manufacturer must have a factory here in the US? that's what I read over at the KBFD forum. If that's the case, they should just go back to what was in the past.

Archived