Yeon Jung-Hoon 연정훈

ay_link

Yeon Jung Hoon Reveals How His Wife Han Ga In Fell For Him

yeon-jung-hoon-han-ga-in-xpn.jpg

Yeon Jung Hoon opened up about how the relationship with his wife Han Ga In started out.

On July 16, Yeon Jung Hoon appeared as a guest on “My Ugly Duckling” and shared why Han Ga In fell in love with him.

Yeon Jung Hoon shared, “I made the first move,” and revealed, “I was willing to give it my all.”

yeon-jung-hoon-540x592.jpg

Then, he went on to talk about what aspect of him Han Ga In was attracted by. He explained, “She overheard me calling my cousin from the U.S., and she told me she thought I looked charming when I spoke in English on the phone.”

Yeon Jung Hoon also expressed his love for his wife, saying, “I can’t remember what it was like before our marriage at all,” and added, “After spending 10 years together, it feels more uncomfortable when she’s not around.”

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Life Bar" Yeon Jeong-hoon and Han Ga-in's daughter's voice

photo874255.jpg

Han Ga-in made a surprise voice appearance on "Life Bar".

Yeon Jeong-hoon was a guest on the tvN drama "Life Bar".

Han Ga-in prepared a fruit box for him on this day. Yeon Jeong-hoon called his wife and MC Shin Dong-yup told her what a dullard he is about his wife. Han Ga-in said, "I tell him not to do that but he does anyway".

Then the voice of their daughter came on speaker. Han Ga-in asked her, whose daughter she was and she replied, "Daddy's daughter".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Section TV" Who does Yeon Jeong-hoon's 16-month-old daughter resemble?

photo887454.jpg

Yeon Jeong-hoon showed his affection for his daughter and wife when appeared on the latest episode of the MBC TV show "Section TV" and mentioned his wife, Han Ga-in, and their daughter.

Yeon Jeong-hoon said his wife looks beautiful when she has all her attention on their daughter. "They look so beautiful when they are doing something together. I still call her by her nickname and she does too, although it changes a lot. Now I call her "Mimi" and my daughter 'Mini'".

He was asked if Han Ga-in had any flaws and he said, "She's a perfectionist so she tends to be hasty but clumsy at times".

About their 16-month-old daughter, "You can see a hint of my face but the shape of her head and her eyes look just like her mother's. I have completely fallen in love with this girl".

Translation : Hancinema

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2017 at 11:20 PM, willenette said:

Han Ga In met Yeon Jung Hoon on the set of the 2003 drama “Yellow Handkerchief.”

I have been looking for the drama “Yellow Handkerchief” with Eng. subs for a long time. Have you seen it @willenette?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeon Jung Hoon Talks About How His Experience As A Father Has Affected His Acting

han-ga-in-yeon-jung-hoon.jpg

Recently actor Yeon Jung Hoon attended a press conference for the SBS special program “Bravo My Life” (written by Jung Ji Woo and directed by Jung Hyo). Also attending the conference were actors Do Ji Won, Park Sang Min, Hyun Woo, and Kang Ji Sub.

Yeon Jung Hoon is married to actress Han Ga In, who gave birth to a daughter in April 2016. When asked how their new child has affected his life, he said, “After my daughter was born, I feel that I am maturing as a father day by day. However, I don’t think it affects my choice of [acting] projects. I want to build a spectrum of experience through playing multiple villain roles. For this project, I thought of doing this and that. I wanted to try a brand new kind of melodrama.”

He added, “If I ever play a role as the father of a child, I think my experience raising my daughter would help. I am experiencing many things, but rather than influencing my decisions, it might come in handy later on.”

source

3 hours ago, irilight said:

I have been looking for the drama “Yellow Handkerchief” with Eng. subs for a long time. Have you seen it @willenette?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeon Jung Hoon Talks About How His Experience As A Father Has Affected His Acting

Recently actor Yeon Jung Hoon attended a press conference for the SBS special program “Bravo My Life” (written by Jung Ji Woo and directed by Jung Hyo). Also attending the conference were actors Do Ji Won, Park Sang Min, Hyun Woo, and Kang Ji Sub.

Yeon Jung Hoon is married to actress Han Ga In, who gave birth to a daughter in April 2016. When asked how their new child has affected his life, he said, “After my daughter was born, I feel that I am maturing as a father day by day. However, I don’t think it affects my choice of [acting] projects. I want to build a spectrum of experience through playing multiple villain roles. For this project, I thought of doing this and that. I wanted to try a brand new kind of melodrama.”

He added, “If I ever play a role as the father of a child, I think my experience raising my daughter would help. I am experiencing many things, but rather than influencing my decisions, it might come in handy later on.”

source

Hi irilight, actually, I haven't watched this drama up to now. Have you tried YesAsia/eBay or GMarket? You may find it on these sites. Thanks for sharing this article here. So NICE to read this rare news about him nowadays - hahaha :tongue:

• 6 months later...

April 26, 2018

Han Ga-in of 'Mistress' talks about husband Yeon Jung-hun, motherhood

SEOUL, April 26 (Yonhap) -- A press event took place for the Korean adaptation of the British TV series "Mistresses" in Seoul on April 25, 2018. Starring four actresses -- Han Ga-in, Choi Hee-seo, Shin Hyun-bin and Goo Jae-yi -- the thriller drama tells the story of four close female friends embroiled in a mysterious murder case.

Han plays Jang Se-yeon, a widow who runs a cafe and raises a daughter alone after the death of her husband. She believes her husband is still alive and feels increasingly anxious as she keeps getting anonymous phone calls.

credit : Yonhap News

[V Report] Han Ga-in talks about life as wife and mother

Broadcast date: April 25
Starring: Han Ga-in, cast of ‘Deja vu,’ Kim Eana, JeA of Brown Eyed Girls

Han Ga-in

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180426

Actress Han Ga-in communicated with her fans in a live broadcast held via Naver’s V app Wednesday.

The actress heralded her return to the small screen after a six-year break with the new OCN drama “Mistresses.” It is her first work since the birth of her daughter in 2016.

When asked what she thought when she first read the script for the drama, she answered “(It was) ‘king’ fun.”

As using the word “king” in Korean to mean “very” is an outdated practice, she was teased by her co-stars in “Mistresses,” who were hosting the live broadcast together.

“I’m a bit outdated as I was busy caring for my baby” she said.

In the broadcast, she also revealed how she cooks at home.

“I personally don’t understand why people care about plating after cooking. You are going to eat it anyway,” she said.

When asked about her specialty dish, she said, “I can cook various Korean dishes. I’m best at making baby food recently.”

“My husband eats everything well, probably because he will get scolded if he doesn’t eat,” she said. “We usually have a meal consisting of rice, jjigae (stew) and vegetable side dishes.”

A remake of the popular BBC drama of the same name, “Mistresses” revolves around four ordinary women -- a cafe owner, a psychiatrist, a high school teacher and a paralegal -- with dark secrets. The four friends get caught up in a murder case of a mysterious man involved with one of them.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201804261906448053753_2

• 2 months later...

11 K-Dramas With Deliciously Satisfying Slow-Burn Romances

Korean romantic dramas are built upon a magical formula that keeps us coming back for more. That formula usually dictates a romance that fires up pretty quickly and delivers a kiss by the midway mark accompanied by some sort of impactful declaration. But then there are a few dramas that don’t stick to the guidelines; they take their time as they explore their options, drawing out romantic tensions to delicious lengths. The moment when the couple first kisses or shares their true feelings isn’t as predictable as the normal drama fare. In fact, many of these slow-burn romances have us begging the characters to get a move on — but that is also what makes them so satisfying. These dramas aren’t just about romance, but they have added plot and character development to flesh them out and make the romances even more satisfying once they are realized.

I’ve compiled 11 slow-burn dramas that will drive you crazy and make you love them for doing so.

Vampire Prosecutor

vampire.gif

vp3-540x359.jpg

Unlike most dramas, “Vampire Prosecutor” has two seasons that tell the tale of Min Tae Yeon (Yeon Jung Hoon), a prosecutor who was turned into a vampire and who now not only solves the crimes of the living, but also those committed by the undead. His team follows him throughout both seasons, but it is with feisty prosecutor Yoo Jung In (Lee Young Ah) that he has an indecipherable relationship.

The two are solid partners along with the rest of their team, focused and keen on solving crime. But there is an undercurrent of attraction between them that is initially undetectable. The only reason I guessed there might be something is because it was a Korean drama. But it was also aired on OCN, a channel that didn’t focus on romance dramas at that time. However, as the seasons progressed, there was a very obvious current of attraction between the vampire and human prosecutor that made me inwardly (and let’s admit it) outwardly squeal whenever they were put in close quarters.

Watch “Vampire Prosecutor 2”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 3 weeks later...

Yeon Jung-hoon confirms leading role in MBC’s My Healing Love

yeonjunghoon-myhealinglove.jpg

I’m always happy to hear about Yeon Jung-hoon (Bravo My Life) being cast in a new drama, though I do wish he’d come back from the land of weekenders. Yeon Jung-hoon has confirmed a leading role in the upcoming MBC weekend drama My Healing Love, joining another weekender veteran So Yoo-jin (Five Children).

Read more on DramaBeans

On 7/22/2018 at 9:48 AM, irilight said:

Yeon Jung-hoon confirms leading role in MBC’s My Healing Love

I’m always happy to hear about Yeon Jung-hoon (Bravo My Life) being cast in a new drama, though I do wish he’d come back from the land of weekenders. Yeon Jung-hoon has confirmed a leading role in the upcoming MBC weekend drama My Healing Love, joining another weekender veteran So Yoo-jin (Five Children).

Read more on DramaBeans

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this good news.  Finally………..I can see him back on the small screen. I’m happy that he has another drama & a male lead at that. I always wish he gets more recognition so, he could play lead role most of the time. It's really good to hear about this news. It’s a weekender drama. I love Yeon Jung hoon and I’ve watched all of his dramas except “Daddy Long Legs”. :lol:

On 7/23/2018 at 2:29 AM, willenette said:

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this good news.  Finally………..I can see him back on the small screen. I’m happy that he has another drama & a male lead at that. I always wish he gets more recognition so, he could play lead role most of the time. It's really good to hear about this news. It’s a weekender drama. I love Yeon Jung hoon and I’ve watched all of his dramas except “Daddy Long Legs”. :lol:

@willenette, I am praying it is a good drama... MBC has not had success with their weekend drama lately. I hope this one will turn to be a winner... 

Did you see his cameo in "Swan?"  I have not watched it yet, but plan to watch because of his cameo

14 hours ago, irilight said:

@willenette, I am praying it is a good drama... MBC has not had success with their weekend drama lately. I hope this one will turn to be a winner... 

Did you see his cameo in "Swan?"  I have not watched it yet, but plan to watch because of his cameo

Hi irilight, oh.....I didn't know that he had cameo role there. Well, I guess I just have to pass on this one since it's a cameo, anyway - hahaha. :lol:

On 7/25/2018 at 2:05 AM, willenette said:

Hi irilight, oh.....I didn't know that he had cameo role there. Well, I guess I just have to pass on this one since it's a cameo, anyway - hahaha. :lol:

haha.. I am going to watch it, even if it is just a cameo.. I am very curious about it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 10:30 AM, irilight said:

[New Drama] A Woman Wants to No Longer Be Defined by What She Does in "My Love, My Cure"

Added the upcoming Korean drama "My Love, My Cure"'s page to HanCinema database

"My Love, My Cure" (2018)

Directed by Kim Sung-yong

Written by Won Yeong-ok

Network : MBC

Read more HERE

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing MORE about this upcoming drama. I’m happy that YJH  is part of this series. It's been quite a while.....

Looking forward to this. It seems an interesting drama. :lol:

15 K-Drama Couples That Turned Into Real Life Relationships

Fans could tell they were dating before it was announced.

These celebrity couples met in front of the camera, but with sparks flying all over the place with strong chemistry, they took it off the screen and began dating in real life!

10. Yeon Jung Hoon & Han Ga In

oSWImtS-1.jpg

Actor Yeon Jung Hoon and actress Han Ga In have been together for a long time. They began dating around 2003 when they met on the set of Yellow Handkerchief. Then they got married in 2005 and have never left each other since. After being happily married for 11 years, the couple had their first child in 2016.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

8 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing MORE about this upcoming drama. I’m happy that YJH  is part of this series. It's been quite a while.....

Looking forward to this. It seems an interesting drama. :lol:

@willenette, I hope it is good.
I think his last drama was Mask, and it was beyond terrific. Sadly, I am not impressed with this writer's past works.... I hope this will be an exception....

c2309c5780fa42e191c3421cd9599794.jpeg?s=

So Yoo Jin, Yeon Jung Hoon, Yoon Jong Hoon, And More Gather For Script Reading Of New Family Drama

Upcoming MBC drama “My Healing Love” (working title) has released photos from its first script reading.

“My Healing Love” is a sentimental family drama about Im Chi Woo, a woman who never wanted to be a kind daughter, daughter-in-law, and wife, but is sacrificed by her family to become the “National Team Member’s Top Class Super Wonder Woman,” and Choi Jin Yoo, who finds his family a luxury, trying to find happiness.

This is a collaborative work between director Kim Sung Yong and writer Won Young Ok that will have viewers laughing and crying with its relatable scenes.

The script reading took place in August with director Kim Sung Yong and writer Won Young Ok, along with actors So Yoo Jin, Yeon Jung Hoon, Yoon Jong Hoon, Park Hyo Jung, Kim Chang Wan, Kil Yong Woo, Jung Ae Ri, Park Joon Geum, Hwang Young Hee. Although it was the actors’ first time meeting each other, they were able to take in their characters perfectly and work well together in just four hours.

My-Healing-Love-768x768.jpg

In particular, the actors’ solid acting skills combined with writer Won Young Ok’s witty script had the cast continuously laughing. Along with the mighty acting of the middle-aged actors, rookie actors such as Lim Kang Sung, Kwon So Hyun, Lee Do Gyeom, Kang Da Hyun, and So Joo Hyun, comedian Shim Jin Hwa, and Mighty Mouth’s Shorry J will add on to the excitement surrounding the drama.

So Yoo Jin will play Im Chi Woo, a woman who spends all day caring for her family. She is a woman who says kind things, but doesn’t get attached to things too quickly. She’s also a tough woman with a hot temperament that explodes when it needs to. Im Chi Woo, who had habitually sacrificed her life for peace in the family, now declares her “family withdrawal” with ambition.

Making her small-screen comeback in two years, Soo Yoo Jin stated, “I think ‘My Healing Love’ is a wonderful drama that can heal one’s life. I want to work on this project happily with everyone until the end. I would also like if the viewers became happy through ‘My Healing Love.'”

Yeon Jung Hoon plays Choi Jin Yoo, a man who still feels hurt after a failed marriage, but tries to live a brighter and stronger life for his daughter. Though he is a high-spirited and cheerful person who enjoys challenges, conflicts begin to arise as the nightmare of reality rises before him.

Playing a soft, but resolute character, Yeon Jung Hoon stated, “I’m very happy to work on this great project with great people. The atmosphere at the script reading was amazing and it ended well, so I’m excited to start shooting. I hope we can film in good health and happiness. Please support me in ‘My Healing Love.'”

Yoon Jong Hoon, who is loved for his ever-changing roles in every project he does, will return as Im Chi Woo’s immature younger husband Park Wan Seung. Park Wan Seung, who runs a food truck, is the main culprit behind the cause of Im Chi Woo’s growing anxiety. He has no sense of responsibility, tact, nor patience, and is often creating accidents.

Yoon Jong Hoon, who led a fun atmosphere with his unique charm during the script reading, remarked, “It is an honor to work with such great teachers and actors.” He was also impressed by the actors who acted as if they were actually filming. He continued, “While loving the character Park Wang Seung, I will work hard with the production team to the end.”

The production staff stated, “We will work with the great actors and staff to create a wonderful work that will win over viewers’ sympathy. Please look forward to this family drama that will have you feeling the preciousness of those closest to you.”
MBC’s “My Healing Love” is set to premiere in October, following the broadcast of “The Rich Son.”

source

2 hours ago, irilight said:

So Yoo Jin, Yeon Jung Hoon, Yoon Jong Hoon, And More Gather For Script Reading Of New Family Drama

Upcoming MBC drama “My Healing Love” (working title) has released photos from its first script reading.

“My Healing Love” is a sentimental family drama about Im Chi Woo, a woman who never wanted to be a kind daughter, daughter-in-law, and wife, but is sacrificed by her family to become the “National Team Member’s Top Class Super Wonder Woman,” and Choi Jin Yoo, who finds his family a luxury, trying to find happiness.

This is a collaborative work between director Kim Sung Yong and writer Won Young Ok that will have viewers laughing and crying with its relatable scenes.

The script reading took place in August with director Kim Sung Yong and writer Won Young Ok, along with actors So Yoo Jin, Yeon Jung Hoon, Yoon Jong Hoon, Park Hyo Jung, Kim Chang Wan, Kil Yong Woo, Jung Ae Ri, Park Joon Geum, Hwang Young Hee. Although it was the actors’ first time meeting each other, they were able to take in their characters perfectly and work well together in just four hours.

In particular, the actors’ solid acting skills combined with writer Won Young Ok’s witty script had the cast continuously laughing. Along with the mighty acting of the middle-aged actors, rookie actors such as Lim Kang Sung, Kwon So Hyun, Lee Do Gyeom, Kang Da Hyun, and So Joo Hyun, comedian Shim Jin Hwa, and Mighty Mouth’s Shorry J will add on to the excitement surrounding the drama.

So Yoo Jin will play Im Chi Woo, a woman who spends all day caring for her family. She is a woman who says kind things, but doesn’t get attached to things too quickly. She’s also a tough woman with a hot temperament that explodes when it needs to. Im Chi Woo, who had habitually sacrificed her life for peace in the family, now declares her “family withdrawal” with ambition.

Making her small-screen comeback in two years, Soo Yoo Jin stated, “I think ‘My Healing Love’ is a wonderful drama that can heal one’s life. I want to work on this project happily with everyone until the end. I would also like if the viewers became happy through ‘My Healing Love.'”

Yeon Jung Hoon plays Choi Jin Yoo, a man who still feels hurt after a failed marriage, but tries to live a brighter and stronger life for his daughter. Though he is a high-spirited and cheerful person who enjoys challenges, conflicts begin to arise as the nightmare of reality rises before him.

Playing a soft, but resolute character, Yeon Jung Hoon stated, “I’m very happy to work on this great project with great people. The atmosphere at the script reading was amazing and it ended well, so I’m excited to start shooting. I hope we can film in good health and happiness. Please support me in ‘My Healing Love.'”

Yoon Jong Hoon, who is loved for his ever-changing roles in every project he does, will return as Im Chi Woo’s immature younger husband Park Wan Seung. Park Wan Seung, who runs a food truck, is the main culprit behind the cause of Im Chi Woo’s growing anxiety. He has no sense of responsibility, tact, nor patience, and is often creating accidents.

Yoon Jong Hoon, who led a fun atmosphere with his unique charm during the script reading, remarked, “It is an honor to work with such great teachers and actors.” He was also impressed by the actors who acted as if they were actually filming. He continued, “While loving the character Park Wang Seung, I will work hard with the production team to the end.”

The production staff stated, “We will work with the great actors and staff to create a wonderful work that will win over viewers’ sympathy. Please look forward to this family drama that will have you feeling the preciousness of those closest to you.”
MBC’s “My Healing Love” is set to premiere in October, following the broadcast of “The Rich Son.”

source

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. Looking forward to this drama... :P There's a storm coming tomorrow, Friday.............in Korea. Its name is "Soulik" - according to reports, its severe tropical storm. After grazing Japan, Soulik is on track to sweep across the Korean Peninsula through Friday. The wind will occur from Jeju Island to western South Korea. In Seoul, wind gusts are expected Thursday night into Friday morning, local time. Stay safe, YJH! 

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. Looking forward to this drama... :P There's a storm coming tomorrow, Friday.............in Korea. Its name is "Soulik" - according to reports, its severe tropical storm. After grazing Japan, Soulik is on track to sweep across the Korean Peninsula through Friday. The wind will occur from Jeju Island to western South Korea. In Seoul, wind gusts are expected Thursday night into Friday morning, local time. Stay safe, YJH! 

@willenette, Me too.... Looking forward to it... I am glad they are finally saying a little more about it...
Yes, I actually saw videos of this storm...

Here is a bit more: