On 10/14/2020 at 12:41 AM, Phi said:

201012 ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ Eric Moon Jung Hyuk: “Group Chemistry among Kim Tae Wo, Jung Suk Yong, Cha Joo Young, Bae In Hyuk is Interesting”

The entire lineup for the Interpol Secret Agents of ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ has been revealed.

On October 12th, MBC's new Wed-Thu mini-series ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ (directed by Lee Jae Jin, script by Lee Ji Min) unveiled photo stills of the secret agents of Interpol's second Asia branch with Eric Moon Jung Hyuk, Kim Tae Woo, Jeong Suk Yong, Cha Joo Young and Bae In Hyuk are hard at work.

‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ depicts a thrilling secret romantic comedy based on two husbands with many secrets and a woman caught up in a spy espionage.

The second Asia branch of Interpol's industrial secrets bureau disguised as a travel publishing company was revealed. The sight of them chatting while gathering at an office is no different from the average office workers. However in other photos, the unexpected aura of Interpol agents who have changed their gaze, is intriguing.

First, Jeon Ji Hoon (played by Eric Moon Jung Hyuk), who takes off his travel writer's mask and returns to his ‘main role’ as a secret agent to pursue a case, has a fierce look in his eyes. Charisma exudes from his intense aura of not wanting to miss even the smallest clue.

Kim Tae Woo, who perfectly transforms any character into his own color, plays the role ‘Ban Jin Min’, Director of Asian Affairs at Interpol's Bureau of Industrial Confidentiality. He may seem easygoing on the outside but is a seasoned veteran who has the power to penetrate to the heart of the case. Kim Tae Woo will captivate viewers with his tit-for-tat yet warm-hearted chemistry with Moon Jung Hyuk.

Kang Tae Ryong’, head of Interpol's second Asian branch, will be played by Jung Suk Yong, who possesses a friendly charm. Kang Tae Ryong is the one who recognized Jeon Jihoon's capabilities and led him all the way to Interpol. Being a mentor and father-like figure, he has a thoroughly civil servant mind that remains faithful to the operations and missions.

Cha Joo Young, a talented actress who shows off her girl crush charm, also draws the viewers’ attention. Cha Joo Young invigorates the drama by playing the role of ‘Hwang Seo Ra,’ who enjoys every operation like a game and revels in the thrill of it.

Bae In Hyuk, a rising star in the spotlight, transforms into ‘Kim Young Gu’, an analyst and the youngest of Interpol's industrial secrets bureau. In the drama, his intelligence as a KAIST grad and his handsome appearance adds excitement. People are already looking forward to the fun and exciting team play of secret agent equipped with unexpected charisma.

Moon Jung Hyuk said, "Kim Tae Woo and Jung Suk Yong are taking charge of the center of this team. It's a lot of fun to create scenes together because we have good acting chemistry." He continued, “Actress Cha Joo Young is full of energy and has good acting sense, so we were able to make the scenes richer by discussions on the set and watching the playback. I also have good chemistry with actor Bae In Hyuk. He will be loved by viewers for his unique and warm-hearted charm.

First broadcast premieres on October 21st.

Source: Newsen
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

@Phi, thanks also for sharing this. Aside from the chemistry, I also love the typical rom-com feels of this drama. :blush:

201016 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Update:  Behind the scene shot for the individual photo

See you in a bit with the preview of <The Spies Who Loved Me> shown before the first episode on #MBC at 10:40 PM :heart:

8fb90b67c105f1fccd0fade2b19cbc30c7174dab

393a9703a601e7a84de5555f0ec9229382a7881c

Source: Official Eric

201016 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Update: Coffee & Snack Support from Taiwan Fans

Shinhwa Changjo Who Loved Moon Jung Hyuk
What is everyone having for lunch?
I will eat well and film diligently!

Top banner: 006 Spy Moon Who Loved Shinhwa Changjo
Side banner: 006 My name is Moon, Eric Moon
Banner near drink menue: Kitty Spectre

dda1ecc21d96822bd89c5c01497964068aa2eeaf

1f2778431bd84d23a4f13cf7f654e864e34acc90

5dbfbeb312b25e437821fafd9728af112afa72c1

Spoiler

7edc1a0896a9bc7cb423293b937931c9ac35d178

75332543125e6c8e67db94b3ae578a55a36fde34

3f7c540074c4ac2dd87e3bcc3534954ffaf9afce8b30c098a42514c04f76aee39e28f96fd6f69cb8

Source: Official Eric (1, 2) + With Eric Always Taiwan

14-minute Preview. It looks funnier than I expected.  The more I've seen from the latest teaser, the more I'm interested in the spy story than the romance. Eric looks so cool in action scenes, give me more!  :)

Eric just got TikTok  https://www.tiktok.com/@agutveric?lang=en

A few days ago he shared a team a short video of the Interpol team members. The laugh at the end of the vid :)  Ignore the Twilight filter, though it fits the Halloween mood so much.

This is Gulliver’s team from the intelligence agency.

Coin magic trick!

Morning face before getting makeup and hair done.  SO CUTE!!!

201016 AguTV Eric Community Updates: MBC’s Special Broadcast + Eric on TikTok + Reply “You want me to die!”

1st post:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003643839
10/16 Tonight at 10:40pm, ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ will have a special broadcast. Please watch, everyone~

2b649f13208058193afef5113628dda18e9a5770

2nd Post:

https://www.tiktok.com/ZSxdvfKg/
New toy~

f793970c7c6f86bfdba804763752ca26f5cc1380

8a69e91d15bbfffad48ca47855c101c564e3450b

Eric’s new TikTok account!! >>> tiktok.com/agutveric

Source: AguTV (1, 2)

A comment on the TikTok post.  Eric's reply probably in reference to a study that said cute people might die early.  It's a post he made last year.  I think Hyesung was the one talking about it in Shinhwa's group chat.  I love how he and the fans can chat/troll each other freely and he is quite witty with his replies :heart:

effbd3b86a36797a4a35e34bb72a62af5fbd6215

Here is the old post that he shared a year ago and jokingly said he's worried and we all please just be moderately cute.  :lol:  https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugx4Hy5La33GfmmUaxF4AaABCQ

EknDPMxWMAAlAEO?format=jpg&name=orig

201017 Shinhwa’s Eric’s Autograph at Dongsigtag Restaurant

Light
A light was shining in Dongsigtag today..
Jung Hyuk hyung… he was the light:thumbsup:
His appearance, his physique!
And his manners.. A truly awesome hyung :heart:
Thank you for enjoying the delicious meal!
I was so nervous today I couldn’t even speak….. :bawling::bawling:
Let’s take a photo next time we see each other ㅠㅠ!!
I wish you great success on your current work!! Even if I can’t watch the drama live, I’ll make sure to watch it! (make sure to watch The Spies Who Loved Me, my fellow Dong-persons! Please! :tired::tired:)
I’ll cheer for you from afar :blush::love: Shinning Jung Hyuk is the best! :blush::love:

#DongSigTag (t/n: name of the restaurant)
#MoonJungHyuk
#Eric
#Shinhwa
#Light
#JustPureShinning
#TheSpiesWhoLovedMe
#WatchItLive

t/n:  OP also posted the autograph on his Instagram story with the added phrase “Jung Hyuk hyung, I love you!”

c20197c277d238ab27f0efa77a0e933e65b3075c

0eb72868ef8d0ac7123b42ab7d6c79a0c16d3a6d

Source: youngsan_dongsiktak

Eric, Yoo In Na, And Im Joo Hwan Share What To Look Forward To In “The Spies Who Loved Me”

73b3376a2f5946d78f6d849c1bac29cc.jpeg?s=

The cast of “The Spies Who Loved Me” have shared the key points to look out for in the upcoming drama!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful new romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na will star as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who gets married twice, with her current and former husband both harboring many secrets. Shinhwa’s Eric will star as Kang Ah Reum’s fist husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol, while Im Joo Hwan will play her current husband Derek Hyun, a highly intelligent corporate spy with a competitive streak.

Eric-Yoo-In-Na-Im-Joo-Hwan-2.jpg

Ekrc1mMVoAIMy1O.jpg

Eric selected the unique characters and their refreshing chemistry as the key points to look forward to in the drama. He commented, “The unusual ensemble made up of the charming Kang Ah Reum, her former husband Jun Ji Hoon, and her current husband Derek Hyun will be the most interesting thing to look out for. The professional yet cute members of the Interpol team will also add more excitement to the drama with their chemistry.

Yoo In Na pointed to the immersive and unpredictable storyline as something to look forward to. “This is a drama where each of the characters has their own story and their own charms, so you won’t want to miss a single moment,” she teased. “I think everyone will be able to enjoy the drama due to the heart-fluttering romance, the thrilling action scenes, and the refreshing comedic moments. Please show the drama lots of love and support.

Im Joo Hwan also made note of the drama’s wide range of appeal as he commented, “I think this is a production that will present the viewers with happiness, love, and enjoyment. The drama will come to you soon, so please tune in.” He concluded by upping the anticipation for the drama, saying, “I’m working hard to convey Derek Hyun’s charming personality and emotions. The set is filled with the passion of the cast and the staff. I hope everyone looks forward to it.

“The Spies Who Loved Me” premieres on October 21 at 9:20 p.m. KST on MBC.

Source (1) + Via Soompi

*** Can’t wait for "The Spy Who Loved Me" to start its run on October 21. Tomorrow is D-DAY!  I love a good rom-com. I missed Eric on the small screen so I’m excited about this. Here's the drama's main teaser : :blush:

credit video : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2020/10/20/the-spy-who-loved-me-drops-main-teaser/

• Like 1

[ENG SUB] Eric's Individual poster shoot + the Couple shoot (so cute!)

[The Spies Who Loved Me 4th Teaser]

Finally a kiss with Dereck!

So Jihoon trained Areum how to shoot.  Does that mean they team up against Dereck?  My lack of Korean can only guess..

EkuizM8XEAEr5bN?format=jpg&name=orig

18 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Can’t wait for "The Spy Who Loved Me" to start its run on October 21. Tomorrow is D-DAY!  I love a good rom-com. I missed Eric on the small screen so I’m excited about this. Here's the drama's main teaser : :blush:

The more I see, the more it looks like more than just a typical rom-com... I'm getting more interested how the espionage thing turns out.  It's finally here! :)

New photo stills

The ex-es' reunion in Jeju (I could had been Hong Kong...)

I love the color theme!!

How I wish the soompi raises the 3 photo limit for spoiler since Twitter comes with 4... :)

Ek0j0kYVoAA0Pq-?format=jpg&name=orig

Ek0j0kXUUAIKo3m?format=jpg&name=orig

Ek0j0kXVkAE-VmJ?format=jpg&name=orig

Ek0j0kXUUAMtR7K?format=jpg&name=orig

Watch: Yoo In Na, Eric, And Im Joo Hwan Get Tangled Up In Romance And Espionage In “The Spies Who Loved Me” Teaser

f7fc3e1b6fe94ad28431fc3752b1dc79.jpeg?s=

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Spies Who Loved Me” has shared an exciting new preview!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful new romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na will star in the drama as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who gets married twice, to two husbands who both harbor many secrets.

Shinhwa’s Eric will play the role of Kang Ah Reum’s first husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol, while Im Joo Hwan will play her second husband Derek Hyun, a highly intelligent corporate spy with a competitive streak.

The newly released teaser begins with Kang Ah Reum warning, “Be good to me. Because today, I’m holding your hand, but tomorrow, I might be holding a gun.” As the clip shows flashes of her tumultuous married life with Jun Ji Hoon, she remarks in voice-over, “You know what I realized after two marriages? There’s no one who is great all the time; there are only moments that are great.

Jun Ji Hoon then reveals his devotion to his ex-wife Kang Ah Reum, divulging, “When I got on the plane, I made up my mind. To choose one thing [over the other]. I wanted to stay with Ah Reum.” Kang Ah Reum also goes through her share of heartbreak, tearing up as she complains, “Jun Ji Hoon, so you’re really going to be like this up until the very end.”

Meanwhile, Kang Ah Reum’s current husband, Derek Hyun—who is undercover as a diplomat—displays an entirely different appeal as he declares, “I’m gullible. So don’t lie to me.” In another scene, he ties Jun Ji Hoon’s necktie for him with a cocky smirk, commenting, “The way my wife looks up at me when she ties my necktie is similar to when she kisses me.” Suspicious of his ex’s new husband, Jun Ji Hoon asks, “Kang Ah Reum, what kind of man have you married?

While conducting research on Jun Ji Hoon, mysterious forces command their underlings to “look into his ex-wife first,” and Jun Ji Hoon insists, “Ah Reum doesn’t know anything.” However, as Kang Ah Reum winds up entangled in his world of espionage, she decides to work together with her ex, telling him, “Even if you and I are over as a married couple, we still have to do what needs to be done.” She adds in voice-over, “Sorry, honey. I have a secret now.

“The Spies Who Loved Me” will premiere on October 21 at 9 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

Source: Soompi

• Love 1

*** “The Spies Who Loved Me” saw a drop in its ratings on its second day.According to Nielsen Korea, the October 22 episode, which was last night received average nationwide ratings of 3.0 and 3.2 percent. Although the drama started off well in the 4 percent range, it has now dropped to to the low end of the 3 percent range. I hope this will increase as the story progresses. :anguished: I hope the drama will do well.

21 hours ago, willenette said:

*** “The Spies Who Loved Me” saw a drop in its ratings on its second day.According to Nielsen Korea, the October 22 episode, which was last night received average nationwide ratings of 3.0 and 3.2 percent. Although the drama started off well in the 4 percent range, it has now dropped to to the low end of the 3 percent range. I hope this will increase as the story progresses. :anguished: I hope the drama will do well.

They had a good rating for the premiere.  I don't expect rating to always climbing. Lately, MBC's dramas often don't have high rating compared to the other networks.  The Spy’ premiere came in at 3.7% for part 1  &  4.3% for part 2 (nationally). I don’t know what’s the production expectation for rating but I think it’s quite good for a start. "When You are Most Beautiful" (previous drama before the Spy) premiered at 2.4% & 2.9%, so our Spies do well :)  To be honest, I was expecting 2.9% - 3.5% because MBC dramas haven’t been doing well with rating.

KBS’s current Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol is in the 2% range. Private Life is under 2%.. Anyway, I wish them good rating but more importantly, I hope for a good drama. I’m satisfied with what I’ve seen in the first 2 episodes :)

• Like 1

Okay, I'm catching up on updates :)

201021 Eric, Yoo In Na, And Im Joo Hwan Share First Impressions Of Each Other On “The Spies Who Loved Me”

On October 21, MBC’s upcoming drama “The Spies Who Loved Me” held a press conference with director Lee Jae Jin and Shinhwa’s Eric, Yoo In Na, and Im Joo Hwan.

6ccd5ceeb5e14134a8d547f370793317.jpeg?s=

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a rom-com about a woman who accidentally gets caught up in the world of espionage when both her husbands turn out to be undercover spies.

the-spies-who-loved-me-im-joo-hwan-yoo-i

Yoo In Na stars as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding designer. Eric stars as Jeon Ji Hoon, her ex-husband and an Interpol agent who is undercover as a travel photographer. Im Joo Hwan stars as Derek Hyun, her current husband and a corporate spy who is undercover as a diplomat.

Director Lee Jae Jin said, “Spies are a concept that have been seen often in dramas and films, so the genre itself is not unusual, but our drama focuses on the spies themselves and the characters who help the spies. It’s hard to capture onscreen the relationship between an ex-husband and a current husband, but these two men are trying to save the female lead from various situations. It’s more of a rom-com than a spy drama.”

He praised the cast and said, “Moon Jung Hyuk (Eric) has a lot of ideas on set. He’s multitalented and good at everything. Yoo In Na is so good at capturing the key points of her character. Im Joo Hwan seems like someone who would be perfectionist and strict, but he has a surprisingly cute side.”

eric-the-spies-who-loved-me.jpg

The cast also spoke about their first impressions of each other. Eric said, “I thought she had a bright and unpredictable image, but she’s very stable, kind, and lovely. She has a mature side, but also a subtle sense of humor.”

yoo-in-na-the-spies-who-loved-me.jpg

Yoo In Na said, “Now that I’ve worked with him in person, he’s very kind. Even when we’re filming with lots of other people at the same time and he only has a few lines with me, he never forgets to give Ah Reum a warm gaze and modulate his tone. As Ah Reum, I felt a sense of comfort. I realized that’s why they call him the rom-com master.”

She added, “He’s also the best-looking man I’ve ever seen. I’m always looking at his face. He isn’t at all aware that people are looking at him either. It’s just his face.” Eric replied, “I shared on social media an article that said I was the rom-com master, but I think Yoo In Na could give me a run for my money on that title.”

im-joo-hwan-the-spies-who-loved-me.jpg

Of Im Joo Hwan, Yoo In Na said, “Derek Hyun is the definition of attractive. He’s cute in one moment, and sharp in another. He has many different appeals. I didn’t think that Im Joo Hwan would be able to bring out all those sides so well.”

The director also talked about the retro-themed teasers that had similar vibes to the James Bond film series. He said, “Originally, the story started with the man and woman meeting in Hong Kong. Due to the current situation, it was difficult to film in Hong Kong, so a lot of the homage scenes to James Bond were cut. We tried to bring out that vibe in the posters instead.”

“The Spies Who Loved Me” premiered on October 21 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

Source (1) + Soompi

201019 ‘Same Bed, Different Dreams 2’, Shinhwa’s Eric Showing His Loving Side With Na Hye Mi… Junjin: “He Holds Her Hand Everywhere”

image image imageimage imageimage image

Eric, a member of Shinhwa, showed his side of a devoted husband by taking care of his wife Na Hye Mi.

In SBS’s ‘Same Bed, Different Dreams 2 - You Are My Destiny’ which aired on October 19th, footage of Jun Jin and Ryu Yi Seo’s wedding day was broadcasted.

The members of Shinhwa gathered in one place to celebrate Jun Jin’s marriage half an hour before the wedding. Shin Hye Sung gave him words of encouragement, saying, “Fortunately, the weather is good.” Eric also joined Jun Jin’s side while holding his wife Na Hye Mi’s hand. Jun Jin suggested taking a photo of Shinhwa as a whole group and made the viewers feel warm by doing the Shinhwa pose.

Kim Sook said, ”The most notable of the guests are Eric and Na Hye Mi couple. You can tell they are true lovers from the fact that they held hands throughout the whole event.

Jun Jin said, ”I think Eric’s wife and my wife (Ryu Yi Seo) have a lot of similarities. Eric always holds hands wherever he goes because he’s worried about his shy wife. I feel like I’m similar to that.“ he said.

image image image

Jun Jin shared his emotions with the members of Shinhwa while taking pictures. While watching, Jun Jin thanked them, saying, ”I was so reassured because the members were behind me.

Source: News Inside

*******************************************************************************************

Eric loves holding hands, not just at Jinnie’s wedding  :)

201019 Shinhwa’s Eric Sending Coffee Truck to Partner in Life Na Hyemi

This is so sweet.  She took a proof shot but did not upload to her IG.  Must be showing that to her biggest supporter only instead of bragging it on SBS :)

29e9bc86340077cfc9dcd7394620c8bf5c0141e2

cd6f0a3c76af5317a1f92f40497deab39b74d9b78a81c1c27f436866451c67b01b99528a9bc794b1504747c2e8df615f8f27be08c752993ae442b5bb

7228441c5829ffa7aa7f8fb78ca1c436c23d93cf

9d2d1dc9a9164964651ec8ab4533750e566e117e

abf563b15e451e223a9b6de0b13a773cbf4b7529

Source: youngtruck_2016 (1, 2, 3)

Eric looks really good with this

201021 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Updates + Greeting Message from MBC’s Production Presentation

#TheSpiesWhoLovedMe first episode will air tonight at 9:20PM!

Online production presentation for “The Spies Who Loved Me” will begin live at 2 p.m. soon!

Vlive tinyurl.com/y292254g
 Naver TV tinyurl.com/y69fnml8
 iMBC tinyurl.com/y2ojetuz

#MoonJungHyuk #ERICMUN #ERIC #SHINHWA #MBC #TheSpiesWhoLovedMe #Production Presentation

t/n: You can rewatch the online production presentation with the above links

9271841360cc29da8a2d9e80fdd22d259c678c21

Source: Official Eric (1, 2)

201021 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Updates:

Roco Craftsman (feat.Roco Queen)

Moon Jung-hyuk’s first day meeting #JeonJiHoon!

MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday mini series <The Spies Who Loved Me>
Please watch the first episode at 9:20 PM. :heart:

#MoonJungHyuk #ERICMUN #ERIC #SHINHWA #MBC #TheSpiesWhoLovedMe

eabfda32e3b018bb11590569ce1d421b507279f3

3084ad5b4e7e7707cfa2cc78d1c25f5a1570b6f1

34ff1c9dd147f51c7d898a049875bd377d217369

Source: Official Eric (1, 2)

[ERIC’am] Moon Jung-hyuk’s ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ at Production Presentation Site

201021 Photos from Press Conference

See more photos here https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=29771984

2885af440854b8f4b188f497a39ecd4c416c3820

b8c4d4e7927646796a2bf08100118df0565948f9

61d029f220af378c3e71187fc0abbaca8aaae6bb

7df2868552cf2bc437c8a091a86e883727ef8990

86750498b32122136ef216ceb0f73e451caf01f7

fefbd09088b379ae8f3d7dfd35eea324b3f781bd

8bd2fea317ac1f031094a38b32921c867790d79a

aec8c31f6099a91604fc37461a8d80e10a5c1c73

c3eb9e1095b9788d64966162df320add301b166d

84d32c0f3abb23e9d6a867ec89f08441a59537c0

Source:  TOP Media @ Naver + EricMun.tumblr

201021 MBC Updates: Photo from Production Presentation

ddbd0aeafe23094a2ba00ceba2e6a03b7cddea24

cbb841d7f0952144205c8acd2be765e75bae168f

2fab297db4b54aa0d621634ca3cddc2bda15b404

a117aa6fac9b87636490faef6216c8ea9c0b8d2e

Source: MBC @ Twitter + EricMun.tumblr

This velvet jacket Eric wore to the press conference is by JAYBAEK COUTURE

Who: Eric Mun
What: JAYBAEK COUTURE Grey Velvet Double Shawl Collar Tuxedo Jacket ₩2,190,000
Where: MBC Drama, The Spy Who Loved Me Press Conference

122067974_3382087805250154_2051993051454

Source: KDRAMA_FASHION

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 19-25, 2020

source : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-19-25-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Wednesday, Oct. 21      
Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol 5 KBS 2.7%
Private Lives 5 JTBC 1.7%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 5 tvN 5.1%
The Spies Who Loved Me 1 MBC 4.3%
Thursday, Oct. 22      
Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol 6 KBS 3.0%
Private Lives 6 JTBC 1.5%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 6 tvN 5.0%
The Spies Who Loved Me 2 MBC 3.2%
  • Like 1

*** Nothing can beat the pole dancing - hahaha  :blush:

*******************************************************************************************

3 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “The Spies Who Loved Me”

ca1d4f5f529c4511864f4361ab7d9c0b.jpeg?s=

Any “Goblin” fans out there? Our favorite Grim Reaper-Sunny couple were star-crossed lovers in “Goblin,” then reunited in “Touch Your Heart” for their fourth(?) reincarnation. But as we all know, they only get four lifetimes together, so now, The Powers That Be have separated them… onto two separate networks!

Lee Dong Wook is off romancing his first love, Ah Eum, in “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” whereas Yoo In Na is now Ah Reum, a woman caught between two men. Come to think of it, these two female characters have veeery similar names. And these two shows are airing on the same night too. Is the universe trying to tell us something?

Tale-of-the-nine-tailed-Granny-gif-1.gif

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed” crossover!

Okay, maybe not. Back to reality.

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a rom-com that is centered around Kang Ah Reum (Yoo In Na), a wedding dress designer who’s on her second marriage. She suddenly finds herself caught up in the world of espionage because her husband, Derek Hyun (Im Joo Hwan), happens to be an undercover spy. Worse yet, so is her ex-husband, Jeon Ji Hoon (Eric).

Here are three things we loved and one thing we hated about the premiere:

Warning: Spoilers ahead! 

Spoiler

LOVED: The interesting set-up

We’ve seen shows that start off with couples being strangers then eventually falling in love. We’ve seen shows where couples are in love then break up for someone else. We’ve also seen shows that have exes find each other and fall back in love. But “The Spies Who Loved Me” trumps all that and gives us a married couple. Who will undoubtedly get divorced. And the wife will get back with the ex-husband. Talk about “it’s complicated.”

Kang Ah Reum is a wedding gown designer who never truly believed in marriage. That is, until she meets Jun Ji Hoon, a travel writer and fellow-“I’m-going-to-stay-a-bachelor.” They coincidentally meet each other at Jeju island, where they begin a whirlwind romance that eventually leads to them both trying something they aren’t really confident in — marriage. Fast forward a few years, and this marriage has dissolved, leaving Ah Reum even more resistant towards the idea of marriage. That is (you guessed it), until she meets another man, a diplomat by the name of Derek Hyun. What Ah Reum doesn’t know, however, is she apparently has a very specific type. Both the ex-husband and the current husband are spies — Ji Hoon is an Interpol agent, whereas Derek is an industrial spy.

The-Spies-who-loved-me-Eric-gif-2.gif

An Interpol agent who… moonlights as a stripper? You’ll just have to watch the show to find out!

This whole set-up is pretty interesting and frankly it’ll be intriguing to see how the writers write themselves out of this complicated situation. Will they have to make Derek the bad guy to justify Ah Reum going back to Ji Hoon? Will Ah Reum inevitably cheat on Derek? How will knowing the truth change Ah Reum’s perspective on both men? Or will Ah Reum just kick both men to the curb and become a spy herself? The possibilities are endless!

LOVED: The falling in and out of love (in one episode!)

It usually takes a while for a drama to build a romance up, but for “The Spies Who Loved Me,” we dive head in first with the falling-in-love portion. The show gives us a succinct cut of how Ji Hoon and Ah Reum meet, fall in love, date, decide to get married, and with plenty of skinship thrown in for good measure too. And we buy it. Everything is done so beautifully (the aesthetically gorgeous Jeju landscape is a major bonus) and Eric and Yoo In Na share such natural chemistry, you can’t help but be swept up in this whirlwind romance of Ji Hoon and Ah Reum’s.

The-Spies-who-loved-me-Eric-Yoo-In-Na-gi

However with the crumbling of their marriage comes also the disdain they have for each other (or Ah Reum for Ji Hoon, more specifically). They run into each other again at the very spot of their first meeting, and it’s so obvious they are exes with baggage. Ji Hoon and Ah Reum still share a very natural rapport with each other — they even have some of their old habits from when they were together — and that doesn’t go away just because they are exes, but Ah Reum’s contempt for Ji Hoon is just as palpable. The two contrasting energies make their reunion so awkwardly interesting to watch and the two actors really bring to life the beginning and crash landing of this relationship.

The-Spies-who-love-me-1_3.gifThe-Spies-who-loved-me-Eric-Yoo-In-Na-gi

Literally signaling their relationship going from vibrant to colorless. 

LOVED: The easy-to-like actors

Speaking of the actors, “The Spies Who Loved Me,” boasts a pretty well-known trio in the central love-triangle. Eric has earned a “Rom-com King” title for his relatable and loveable characters in dramas such as “Another Oh Hae Young,” whereas Yoo In Na has been stealing hearts in her more recent hits “Goblin” and “Touch Your Heart.” These two actors bring such a down-to-earth relatability and vulnerability to their characters, it’s easy to love them and root for them, in spite of their shortcomings. And while the drama is brimming with spies and espionage, the grounded-ness that Eric and Yoo In Na bring to the fold helps keep the focus on the relationships between people.

The-Spies-who-loved-me-Eric-Yoo-In-Na-gi

Im Joo Hwan is another star factor in the drama. And because he’s usually most memorable in antagonistic roles, we can’t help but wonder if his character, Derek Hyun, has sinister motives and will end up on opposite sides of Ji Hoon and Ah Reum. This suspicion is further exacerbated when Ah Reum is warned to be wary about those around her. Im Joo Hwan as Derek Hyun provides a completely different energy to the more “open” characters of Ji Hoon and Ah Reum, which makes for this love-triangle — both in terms of marriage and espionage — so fascinating.

The-Spies-who-loved-me-Yoo-In-Na-Im-Joo-

And kudos to the show for casting Yoon So Hee as Sophie, the scientist leading a research project on fusion energy and becomes an informant for Interpol (her storyline is central in the first two episodes). Think she’s too pretty to be a renowned scientist? Here’s a fun fact: Yoon So Hee herself was enrolled in KAIST, a leading research university in South Korea. Beauty and brains? We girls can do it all!

The-Spies-who-loved-me-Sophie1-540x304.j

HATED: The tone of the show

Okay, so “hated” is a strong word, but “wished it was less comedic and more sleek instead” just doesn’t have the same ring to it. But that really is the gist of this teeny tiny grumble. The posters released prior to the premiere were super sleek and richly saturated, so I did come in expecting it to be cooler, more polished, and with the spies generally more debonair. So it is a little disappointing to see the show choosing to lean more heavily into the rom-com of it all and skimping on the cool factor that comes with the spy genre. Come to think of it, the Interpol division we see in the drama is pretty low-tech. No cool gadgets, no cool technology, and barely any guns.

There’s a scene where Ji Hoon chases his target into the laundry room, and the two fight using towels. And rather than it being a dynamically choreographed action scene, the two just give each other towel snaps like two old men in a sauna. It doesn’t exactly come across as comedic either, so the only thing that scene achieves is have you again wondering why Interpol agents aren’t that cool.

The-Spies-who-loved-me-Eric-gif.gif

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Photo stills...  :heart4:

ElHGjMxU8AEcQec?format=jpg&name=orig

ElHGjNdUYAE4Kql?format=jpg&name=orig

ElHGaRwUcAAx2qn?format=jpg&name=orig

ElHGaRvUYAEjoar?format=jpg&name=orig

ElHA3-NVMAUzAW7?format=jpg&name=orig

ElHA3-2VkAQM4jZ?format=jpg&name=orig

ElHAqmLUcAIR06e?format=jpg&name=orig

ElYDG5bUYAAHlw9?format=jpg&name=large

ElYDJfnVkAEQFwb?format=jpg&name=orig

The youngun with the camera must be the KAIST genius who said he want to be on the field instead of making Excel sheets & doing paperwork all day.... :lol:

ElYDJewVkAE2_z5?format=jpg&name=orig

ElYJxOAX0AQzgU2?format=jpg&name=orig

ElYJxOBXYAE-J9y?format=jpg&name=orig

ElYJxOAWoAAwrab?format=jpg&name=orig

• Love 1

Eric And Yoo In Na Are Caught Up In A Mystery In “The Spies Who Loved Me”

a4466576ad8144579f8f48c5703b2bcc.jpeg?s=

MBC has given a glimpse of Yoo In Na and Eric in the upcoming episode of “The Spies Who Loved Me”!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na stars as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who gets married twice — and accidentally marries an undercover spy both times.

Shinhwa’s Eric plays Kang Ah Reum’s ex-husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol, while Im Joo Hwan plays her current husband Derek Hyun, a highly intelligent corporate spy with a competitive streak.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Previously, Jun Ji Hoon and Kang Ah Reum met for the first time in five years since their divorce. Kang Ah Reum, who was going to congratulate her friend Sophie (Yoon So Hee) on her marriage, ran into Jun Ji Hoon on Jeju Island, the place they had fallen in love. Sensing danger, Sophie, who is both Kang Ah Reum’s friend and the NIS agent Jun Ji Hoon is looking for, fled the scene. Hiding his identity, Jun Ji Hoon and Kang Ah Reum tried to chase down Sophie. However, Sophie ended up dying, which shocked everyone. At this point, Derek Hyun appears, and Kang Ah Reum continues thinking about what Sophie had said.

In the new stills, Jun Ji Hoon and Kang Ah Reum appear to be pursuing the mystery of Sophie’s death. Kang Ah Reum attends Sophie’s funeral mass, and she looks determined despite her sadness. Meanwhile, Jun Ji Hoon looks on at Kang Ah Reum. He had been ordered by Ban Jin Min (Kim Tae Woo), Director of Asian Affairs at Interpol, to investigate Kang Ah Reum.

the-spies-who-loved-me-111.jpg

Jun Ji Hoon’s reason for chasing down Kang Ah Reum despite his mentioning that she doesn’t know anything is something to watch for in the upcoming episode. Kang Ah Reum is also on the hunt for clues although her forehead seems to be bleeding. Viewers can look forward to the tension between Kang Ah Reum, who begins to seriously look into the mystery of Sophie’s death, and Jun Ji Hoon, who failed to prevent her from dying.

The drama’s production team commented, “Jun Ji Hoon and Kang Ah Reum start to pursue the mystery of Sophie’s death with different goals in mind. The actions of Kang Ah Reum, who is caught up in an intelligence war, will create an interesting turn of events. Also, please look forward to the arrival of Derek Hyun, who has a deep connection with Sophie.”

“The Spies Who Loved Me” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:20 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, watch Eric in his previous drama “Eccentric! Chef Moon” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1