@willenette thanks so much for updating. I'm a little sad there Wednesday broadcast is canceled due to the baseball game semi-final.

Catching up on updates lol

201022 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Updates:  

[#Post] [#MunJungHyuk] 2020 F/W Sculpture Collection like at the site of ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ production presentation :heart:

:heart:http://naver.me/GdWpOp0M

Don’t miss behind video of the production presentation and surprise events!

05163c1e0b0b458eef09f19480bbe75edc026c94

b6b0db886709e9071d9014313065d1b74dff31e8

Source: Official Eric
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

201024 Shinhwa’s Eric AguTV Community Update + Eric’s Autograph

Thank you UBeric~ The sandwiches, fruits and coffee were good~ I also had blue tangerine tea for dessert, thinking about Jeju Island. It seems like Ubiquitous Eric has been around since ‘Firebird’ era, it’s lasted all these yearsㅎㅎ I’m going to go film now, bye~

Notes:

• “Firebird” was Eric’s 2004 drama. UBeric has been around for 16 years
  • Text on autographed banner (last pic): “Spy who disguises as a singer
  • Aside from coffee, tea and drinks, 200 sets of croissant sandwich with fruits, special box sets for Eric, Yoo Inna, Im Joo Hwan, and PD were also prepared

ff47913c8ec80755918d389f8a4b10259b5068ea

6eb2d0f81fc45ccb2801dbd44b145d53e87846c2

Spoiler

de54cddf277d653a522715dd0581e0c62e623311

f9418b6fcb28818b8f63e4bab3a5a7d3360d6724

b913d8f9700c2ce0b0ed1b01c9f4d747791a75b7

e61901b6294927c533a413a847fd3c96e37d3d09

Im Joo Hwan posted the snack box in his IG story.

It says: “I love you Ericsunamun

a520df23dfd094b0bce7bfa0b9bf8114038cf119

Source: AguTV + UBeric (1, 2, 3, 4) + Coffeegreate

201024 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Update:

I enjoyed the foods and filmed well~
Please look forward to next week’s broadcast

#MoonJungHyuk #ERICMUN #ERIC #SHINHWA #MBC #TheSpiesWhoLovedMe

71268f7a96fe7274c293e79c8a3a70ddd87f0ce1

23e8400cb5ac4721bcec932239ecc625e4eb293f

a9179e2788d3b0287e99b73d990ef6d197381d92

Source: Official Eric (1, 2)
Translation:
EricMun.tumblr

• Love 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2020

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-26-nov-1-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Wednesday, Oct. 28      
Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol 7 KBS 3.2%
Private Lives 7 JTBC 1.6%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 7 tvN 4.8%
The Spies Who Loved Me 3 MBC 2.4%
Thursday, Oct. 29      
Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol 8 KBS 3.2%
Private Lives 8 JTBC 2.0%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 8 tvN 5.1%
The Spies Who Loved Me 4 MBC 2.8%

I just woke up to Eric's YT Community update.  This is so funny LOL

"thank you derik hyun but I hate you -Jeon Jihoon-"

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugw4SuGkueMbxGHZHo54AaABCQ

El5Lx3FWoAA-cJj?format=jpg&name=orig

El5VfgyX0AEHqvH?format=jpg&name=orig

OP: Why you speak to Derek Hyun in English..?

ERIC:  His name is derik 

Eric is on the roll for trolling XD  It's so funny OP asked because Jihoon told Derek he doesn't speak a word in English :doggie:

El5Np9mWkAAA-_4?format=jpg&name=orig

throwback this post when Juhwan thanked "Ericsunamun" for the food... (if anyone watch Shinhwa Broadcast, you know Ericsunamun) :lol:

Spoiler

a520df23dfd094b0bce7bfa0b9bf8114038cf119

No show this Wednesday because of baseball semi-final... Glad they still air ep.5 on Thursday.

When Areum did not believe his real identity and said, ”If you’re a secret 007 agent, then I’m Scarlett Johansson,“ he exuded the side of humor by replying, ”You’re cooler than her. You’ll fight well in a floor length dress, not just in tight fitting clothes.

I believe IQIYI's subtitle for this part said you're prettier than that actress (Johansson).  It's actually even nicer that he said she's cooler rather than prettier..  We love strong women do we? :blush:

201103 ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ Moon Jung Hyuk’s Genuine Style for Way of Love: Sweet Excitement and Heartwarming Sincerity

0000105993_001_20201103104330683.jpg

Moon Jung Hyuk’s way of love in ’The Spies Who Loved Me’ is raising the excitement in the thrilling espionage drama.

MBC’s Wed-Thu miniseries ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ foreshadowed an exciting development, signaling the full-fledged collaboration between Jeon Ji Hoon (Moon Jung Hyuk) and Kang Areum (Yoo In Na) as his secret agent status is revealed to her. While the brilliant union of the divorced couple increased viewers’ heart rates, the episode ending with a three-way encounter with Derek Hyun (Lim Ju Hwan) at an impeccable timing fanned the flames for a ‘Perfectly Thrilling’ romantic espionage.

In addition, the long-running romantic history between Jeon Ji Hoon and Kang Areum also adds special interest. The hidden pasts of Kang Areum, who chose to break up because she had no clue about his secret and Jeon Ji Hoon, who had no choice but to take the painful break up in order to protect his love, warmed the hearts of viewers. From his lines, we picked out the ‘genuine love’ moments of Jeon Ji Hoon.

# “I Have to Let Areum Go Now So She Can Soar” - The Heartwarming Sincerity that Letting Her Go Because He Loved her.

9d9b9b6c11adf9c25cfd9f75749c2fbc4dc55b11

Jeon Ji Hoon and Kang Areum became husband and wife after falling in love at first sight.  But their marriage did not last long. Unable to reveal his identity, Jeon Ji Hoon had no choice but to hurt Areum. Jeon Ji Hoon, who suffered the tragedy of losing an informant while carrying out an operation, also irreparably hurt Areum. Concluding that his work and love life could not co-exist, he made the heartbreaking decision, “I’m going to let go of my marriage. It’s the only way for Areum. I have to let Areum go now so she can soar.” In order to make sure Areum would not regret the breakup, he asked his Interpol colleague Hwang Seo Ra (Cha Joo Young) to set up a fake extramarital affair. Although he remains someone whose existence bring up resentment for Kang Areum, in the end it was Jeon Ji Hoon’s foolish love that only cared for Kang Areum’s happiness.

#”You’re Cooler Than That Woman“ - Moon Jung Hyuk’s Unmistakable True Loving Moments

Jeon Ji Hoon’s love is ongoing. At their first reunion in five years, the narration, ”I’ve been waiting for this moment“ is filled with longing. He let her go because he loved her, but his feelings for Areum can’t be concealed and appears unexpectedly through his eyes, words and actions. As Hwang Seo Ra said, ”Why do your eyes get moist whenever Areum’s name comes up!“ Jeon Ji Hoon’s over the top moments are also well displayed in his mischievous lines. When Areum did not believe his real identity and said, ”If you’re a secret 007 agent, then I’m Scarlett Johansson,“ he exuded the side of humor by replying, ”You’re cooler than her. You’ll fight well in a floor length dress, not just in tight fitting clothes.“ It brought smiles to viewers. Jeon Ji Hoon’s sincerity, which comes out in unexpected moments, raises excitement.

#”I Won’t Get Your Life Involved“ - Moon Jung Hyuk’s Way of Loving Someone from Afar

Jeon Ji Hoon’s way of loving Areum is to watch her from a distance. When Areum visited the hospital after she was injured from a physical altercation with an unidentified assailant, he figured out her condition based on her voice by calling Areum and pretended to ask her lending him money. ”She’s okay.“  He said with a smile. Knowing Areum better than anyone else, he tried to protect her heart.  When Areum was worried about deceiving her husband as she agreed to cooperate with Interpol, Ji Hoon reassured her, ”I won’t get your life involved. I’ll finish the investigation as quickly as possible and get you back in your place.” His thoughtful consideration for her was evident. The two have begun to collaborate fully after resolving their initial misunderstanding. It is worth tuning in to watch how Jeon Ji Hoon’s unwavering love will factor into their spy espionage.

The fifth episode of MBC’s Wed-Thu miniseries ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ is scheduled to air at 9:20 p.m. on the 5th (Thu).

Source: iMBC

• Love 2

On 11/5/2020 at 11:28 PM, willenette said:

*** *** According to Nielsen Korea, “The Spies Who Loved Me,” which did not air the day before due to a baseball game, recorded ratings of 2.8 and 3.2 percent from last night EP. This is a slight rise in ratings compared to last week.  :blush:

Thanks so much for all the updates!!  It's a bit off with just 1 episode like that instead of starting with an even number and it feels a little extra long without the Wednesday episode hahaha

My turn to update next :)  

Cast interview for IQIYI during presscon.  How I wish they also showed the questions instead of just the cast answer because it's just weird not knowing what it was about.

201105 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Updates:

Secret cooperation with Areum starts :wub:
Jihoon disguised as a delivery guy today?!

MBC Wednesday - Thursday Mini Series <The Spies Who Loved Me>
In just awhile, please tune in at 9:20 p.m.:heart:

4fb67c4a4da17604e1a08451c2f20a926d078e13

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHNUnYQBGAr/

201106 Shinhwa’s Eric AguTV Community Update:

Reporter Yoon secretly used the “puppy” password. I confirmed it~

ce2b3eb6b175852757a0ae8eb001e56e76429d40

Eric’s replies to comments:

OP 1: Actually, the journalist didn’t know anything about it, and the word “puppy” isn’t in the article by accident, is it?

ERIC: It’s usually written as companion dog~

fec55c03e1a43b1a2696513f53cf829133f3e12e

OP 2: In normal context, it would be phrased as a pet so the expression “a puppy has crossed the rainbow bridge” definitely sounds unnatural. Eric hyung’s reading skill is really good :thumbsup:

ERIC: You had the same thought as me! I think normally she would have said a companion dog that crossed the rainbow bridge!

2c9229a62403d5fdca5d41440f946272bd474d7f

t/n: “the pet crossed the rainbow bridge” expression means a pet passed way. Eric is saying “companion dog that crossed the rainbow bridge” would normally sound more natural than ‘puppy’ as in Korea, people usually use ‘companion dog’ than just 'puppy’.  

Source: AguTV

Extra: About a week before this post, there was a really nice article from this reporter about Eric. So he looked up if she’s a fan of Shinhwa or just she was just doing through researches for her articles. In the next post, he said he suddenly got curious and wondered if reporter Lim saw his feedback. If she finds it difficult to show her identity on my AguTV like Jeon Ji-hoon, team leader of Interpol’s Asia 2nd Division had difficult revealing his real identity to his ex-wife, then please include the word “dog” in her next “Starwatch” article.

You can read the StarWatch article on Eric here >>> Actor Moon Jung Hyuk VS Shinhwa Eric, A Strong Leader Unlike His Cute Appearance

• Love 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 2-8, 2020

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-nov-2-8-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Wednesday, Nov. 4      
Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol 9 KBS 3.6%
Private Lives 9 JTBC 1.6%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 9 tvN 5.1%
The Spies Who Loved Me MBC
Thursday, Nov. 5      
Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol 10 KBS 2.9%
Private Lives 10 JTBC 1.5%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 10 tvN 4.5%
The Spies Who Loved Me 5 MBC 3.2%
  • Like 1

201030 [StarWatch] Actor Moon Jung Hyuk VS Shinhwa Eric, A Strong Leader Unlike His Cute Appearance

5ae192ae9415a7d562cac3973af6aaa0221bb980

Eric looks some what intimidating due to his sharp looks and the role he plays.

In Shinhwa, he showcases passionate rapping onstage and was assigned the role of ‘exotic charisma.’ The members of Shinhwa, however, do not find Eric unapproachable. Some say it’s not difficult because they’ve been together for over 20 years, but that is not true. The members say Eric is usually a funny friend, but when he is fulfilling his duties as a leader, he shows the side of a strong leader.

Eric (Moon Jung Hyuk) is currently playing the perfect secret agent Jeon Ji Hoon in the current MBC drama ‘The Spies Who Loved Me.’ Jeon Ji Hoon is loved by female viewers for his charismatic and friendly character.  Based on his portrayal that presents Jeon Ji Hoon perfectly, viewers speculate that Eric may actually be a person with both charisma and an affectionate charms in real life.

Viewers shared their opinions with comments such as, “Eric = Jeon Ji Hoon.” “He looks charismatic so he probably does have charisma.” and “He looks charismatic just based on how he usually talks.”

However, fans of Shinhwa say that Shinhwa members would burst out laughing if they see such reactions. Eric and Jeon Ji Hoon are not exactly the opposite personality wise, but Eric is very playful with the members and has a tendency to vie for their affection. Eric’s playfulness is already well known amongst his fans. Not only hiding himself in a closet to surprise a member in the past, he also sprayed ketchup on a member who just finished taking a shower.

In addition, Eric is not afraid to shatter his cool image without much thought when he appeared alongside his members. On JTBC’s entertainment show ‘Shinhwa Broadcast,’ he put down his actor image and gave his all for the show, including dressing up as a woman, without consideration for his existing charismatic image.

Eric has tried his best to maintain ‘Shinhwa’ as a leader and also as a friend. Eric is now one of the most popular members of Shinhwa, but he wasn’t very popular in the beginning of his debut. At the time, the pretty boy concept was more popular among idol groups and he was not a member who came on many on TV shows because he was shy.

After starring in MBC’s drama ’Phoenix’ in 2004, he became a rising star and enjoyed sensational popularity. He appeared by himself on various shows and commercials when he had always appeared with his members before. You could not turn on the TV without seeing Eric. Then in 2005, he was elevated to superstar status when the MBC drama ‘Super Rookie’ became a big rating success (t/n: also hugely popular in Japan when Fuji TV aired Super Rookie. He was treated like a state guest when he came to Japan to promo the drama)

While he enjoyed unrivaled popularity, the producer of ‘Phoenix’ suggested, ”It’s a good idea to go into acting. You can only be an idol for a few years, just make acting your career for the rest of your life.“ Leader Eric showed his affection for Shinhwa by replying, ”No, I will with Shinhwa for more than 10 years.

2ce8efd8a45e037a856e2aabd6ddbf1e195362b9

At the time, there were people who gave him very tempting offers to go solo. Eric received billions of wons in offers from various agencies. But he declined them all in order to maintain the group Shinhwa. Eric sacrificed himself and decided he had to sign a contract with the same company at the same monetary offer to keep Shinhwa together.

Eric even studied law in order to keep the name ‘Shinhwa’ when their contract with former agency SM Entertainment expired. After studying trademark rights while working with lawyers, Leader Eric managed to keep the group promoting with the name ‘Shinhwa’ with a new agency.

Eric seems very attached to the group, ‘Shinhwa’ and its members. He introduces herself as ‘Eric of Shinhwa’ when he appears by himself on shows and makes sure to reveal episodes involving his members.

In addition, he has always prioritized ‘Shinhwa’ even after he achieved good success as an actor. On SBS’ entertainment program ‘Healing Camp’ in 2015, Eric revealed, ”When I received casting call for KBS 2TV drama ‘Discovery of Love’ in 2014, I first asked the members for their okay.“  Actors from idol backgrounds usually want to take off the idol label and firmly establish themselves as actors. But for Eric, it seems that Shinhwa is more important.

Eric is probably a funny friend to the members as well as a loyal leader who maintained the group.

Some netizens think that due to his cold appearance and shy personality, he is likely to act serious in front of the members. But, he is different from how he looks. Unlike his cold appearance, he cares for his members. He is a member who carried the weight of a leader, not a member who put on the act of seriousness. Netizens commented, ”It’s a good thing that Eric is the leader.“ ”The reason Shinhwa was able to last this long is because of the role Eric played.“ “His cold appearance gives off the wrong impression.” and ”I can’t believe Eric, who was on top of the world, made such sacrifice.“

Shinhwa is said to have been listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest-running group. In 2019, Jun Jin appeared on JTBC 2’s program ”The Fool’s Chart“ and revealed, ”Shinhwa has been listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as a group that has continued without replacing its members since 1998.“ By continuing to work together as a group, Shinhwa has achieved something so difficult that it has been listed in the Guinness Book of World Records. The members have all worked hard, but at the center of it all is its leader, Eric.

Netizens are looking forward to seeing Eric continue on as Shinhwa’s leader as well as perform in various works as an actor.

b9d35a10a5a2efdce402a0c8643edcde3dd55007

Source: Newsen

Eric playing with Sogeumie

This one is a spontaneous video while he was in Meta Provence in Damyang to film The Spies Who Loved Me.

I think these 2 kids are visitors.  I love how Eric let them play with his fake gun and replied to them calmly... It feels fatherly some how :)

That kid first covered Eric’s face then moved on to the little one in the back.  They are so adorable.

EllHtNeXYAEedl2?format=jpg&name=orig

EllHtNfXIAA7M7M?format=jpg&name=orig

EllHtNhWkAMxAWk?format=jpg&name=orig

EllHtNgXgAAenvC?format=jpg&name=orig

EllIOfhXUAAvZuD?format=jpg&name=orig

• Love 1

Eric And Yoo In Na Grow Suspicious Of Im Joo Hwan In “The Spies Who Loved Me”

116e9f01e6024358aab3371f49ce5f70.jpeg?s=

MBC’s “The Spies Who Loved Me” has released new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na stars as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who’s been married twice — and she unknowingly married an undercover spy both times.

Shinhwa’s Eric plays Kang Ah Reum’s ex-husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol, while Im Joo Hwan plays her current husband Derek Hyun, a highly intelligent corporate spy with a competitive streak.

Spoilers

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Jun Ji Hoon discovered something out of the ordinary and carried out an intense battle of nerves with Derek Hyun. Kang Ah Reum, having found out that the late Sophie (Yoon So Hee) was her husband’s previous lover, also started to add fuel to the fire in the unpredictable intelligence war.

In the new stills, Jun Ji Hoon stares down a hidden camera in Kang Ah Reum’s wedding dress shop, which he discovers after disguising himself as a delivery driver to infiltrate the room. The next still shows him observing Derek Hyun through the monitor after successfully hacking the camera. Derek Hyun seems to know that someone is watching him as he stands at the desk, looking up toward the ceiling where the camera is hidden. Curiosity is mounting about whether or not Jun Ji Hoon will figure out Derek Hyun’s true identity as well as the reason why Derek Hyun is keeping a close eye on Kang Ah Reum.

As expected, Kang Ah Reum has taken notice of Derek Hyun’s suspicious actions. In one still, Derek Hyun converses in private with DDK Group’s CEO Kim Dong Taek (Jang Jae Ho). Witnessing her husband’s sly smile, Kang Ah Reum grows suspicious and folds her arms over her chest. After Sophie’s death caused a setback in his plans, Derek Hyun has begun a new operation, with his connection to Sophie’s death yet to be revealed.

Im-Joo-Hwan-Eric-Yoo-In-Na.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “Alongside changes in the trio’s relationships, the intelligence war will continue to heat up. Look out for how Kang Ah Reum will carry out her promise to cooperate with Jun Ji Hoon. Additionally, Derek Hyun will throw a curveball that is sure to surprise Jun Ji Hoon and Kang Ah Reum.”

The next episode of “The Spies Who Loved Me” airs on November 11 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** According to Nielsen Korea, the November 12 episode of the drama “The Spies Who Loved Me” recorded ratings of 2.7 and 3.1 percent, a small increase from last episode’s 2.2 and 2.4 percent. :blush:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Photos] New Stills Added for the Korean Drama "The Spies Who Loved Me"

photo1266762.jpg

photo1266763.jpg

photo1266758.jpg

Spoiler

photo1266757.jpg

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

• Like 1

@willenette Thanks so much for all the updates.  You put me to shame hahaha komawo!!! :heart3:

201110 Shinhwa’s Eric AguTV Updates:

내가 “queen”이라니…

Can’t believe I’m a “queen”…

422ff3b23b00ff9ebbb4c54f73486e08777bc9d2

201110 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Updates:

Who is the surviving husband of Areum?!
Tonight Ji Hoon appears in a tuxedo

MBC’s Wed-Thu miniseries <The Spies Who Loved Me>
Watch it live at 9:20 p.m.:heart:

6a04d9f1a307cff576e7b422964465c3f2a795f1

ad3d69ad0dcf13c9c44ab4622ef5677279fafcf8

51bbdb297a9efeb775fe9c1b6343bc6e52550144

201111 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Updates:

I’m more curious since they’re keeping it hidden
Are Ji Hoon and Derek finally facing off one on one?!

b5da09e4f4af77bdb13d7e09685dbd74eee95d5e

610b37db19a1dc1e6732db8fd1a9711dc9a10a9f

17 hours ago, Phi said:

@willenette Thanks so much for all the updates.  You put me to shame hahaha komawo!!!

201110 Shinhwa’s Eric AguTV Updates:

내가 “queen”이라니…

Can’t believe I’m a “queen”…

201110 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Updates:

Who is the surviving husband of Areum?!
Tonight Ji Hoon appears in a tuxedo

201111 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Updates:

I’m more curious since they’re keeping it hidden
Are Ji Hoon and Derek finally facing off one on one?!

@Phi, cheonman-eyo, dear. (천만에요)  Thanks for sharing all these articles, too. :blush:

• Like 1

Editor’s Pick: 2020 Best Korean Drama Original Soundtracks

Which 2020 Korean Drama OSTs  have left quite an impact this season?

Setting up our year-end count down for 2020 K-Drama season, we pick the tracks worthy of 2020 Best Korean Drama OST badge.

In choosing the notable soundtracks incorporated in 2020 Korean Dramas, we decided two simple rules.

First, how the song’s message fit perfectly in the story. This is easy to spot because it usually layered the poignant moments of the series. Second, the track’s lingering value for K-Drama fans who watched it, and for those who may hear it in passing.

“Shall We Kiss?” – CNBLUE Jung Yong Hwa for The Spies Who Loved Me

Suave and addicting, Yong-hwa’s voice would literally make heart flutters with this song. We hope Ah-reum and Ji-hoon will be also each other’s always love since such a beautiful song is backing them up.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hellokpop

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/editors-pick-best-2020-korean-drama-ost/

I love how she answered honestly, candidly even with the “hard/sticky” question about having kids. Clearly Eric is respecting his partner in life’s decision instead of rushing to have kids. She is also lucky his parents are also opened minded and not pressing her at all consider Eric is the only son.

On something about being married that is better than being single: “When I go home, the only person who’s always on my side, is waiting for me and that I don’t come home to a house with the lights off.” -- I really dig this answer. Nothing fancy but how sweet that is with such simple things.:relaxed:

Lastly, moments when she’s most happy: “I’m always happy these days. Just the fact that I can do what I love and be healthy, I’m grateful and happy about that.” :heart:

Fulfillment is happiness. So nice seeing a happy & settled Hyemi after 3 years of marriage. RicMi is such a compatible pair. Live well, live happy you 2 :wub:

Woman Sense - NOV.2020: Refreshing Woman, Na Hye Mi, What’s Her Plan for Starting 2nd Generation With Shinhwa’s Eric? + 10 Simple Questions Her Style (English Sub)

2d350e742d2efcb93c3d75b968e91986b4c9f47f

The Moment I Discovered Na Hye Mi’s Never-seen-before Charms

I want to be an actor who is loved not only by the public but also by fellow actors and staff members I work with.
For that to happen, I should become a better person, right?

I met actress Na Hye Mi. The misconception I had of her being somewhat haughty based on her sharp eyes disappeared completely with the first greeting. Although she was busy filming the drama these days, Na Hye Mi did not look the least bit tired. She smiled the entire time and gave carefully considered responses to each question. She was not super eloquent, but it was charming to see an honest and refreshing side of her. Even her apology for not being used to doing interviews was true to her character.

These days, Na Hye Mi’s main interest is KBS1’s new daytime drama “No Matter What.” It’s not that she does not have experience doing weekend and daytime dramas, but it is the first time that she plays such a big role. Although she had nerves and concerns about leading a daily drama as a leading actress, the excitement about greeting viewers with a new character was greater.

8251c29933aa4d6332712edb80aaf9155f69883f

No Matter What” is a family drama about the growth of children who have experienced divorce and remarriage of their parents. Na Hye Mi plays ‘Kim Bora,’ a weather forecaster who welcomes a stepfather after growing up in a single-parent household. Not only will there be a sweet love story line but the real relationship among family members will also be presented with colorful charms.

I’m scared and nervous about the reactions.” Na Hye Mi looked very excited for her meeting with Woman Sense, which took place just before the premiere of “No Matter What.”  She still exuded the fresh energy and raw enthusiasm of a rookie. I became curious about Na Hye Mi, a refreshing woman who cannot easily be judged based on first impression.

59e671474ff8c16d5a5742a1e7c2cf531020e204

You’re back with a new drama. We only have two days left until the premiere (October 12th, 2020), but I’m still in a daze. I’m also wondering how the viewers will react. We started filming at the end of August and we’ve been working so hard up until now, but I think I still need to adjust to the set. I’ve experienced both weekend and daytime dramas, but I still feel like I have a long way to go. (laughs) My current role is bigger than any of my previous works, so I’m spending a lot of time thinking about how to lead the drama. Above all, I try my best to not to become a nuisance on the set.

All of your previous works had high ratings. KBS2’s weekend drama “My Only One” and KBS1’s daytime drama “Home for Summer” both produced pretty high ratings. Sometimes I can’t believe I was a part of such beloved dramas, so I feel more gratitude than anything. I was very fortunate. I’m still in touch and maintain good relationships with Lim Ye Jin sunbaenim and Uee unni, both of whom I met during that time. I hope I can also learn and gain new things after finishing “No Matter What.”

This time, you become a weather forecaster. Weather forecasts are the voices we commonly hear in our daily lives. I thought I could imitate it quickly, but it turned out to be harder than I thought. I’m practicing very hard to look like a real weather forecaster. I’m even correcting my pronunciation while biting to a pen. It is not easy. In fact, it turns out weather forecasters and announcers have different pronunciations and vocalizations. I gained more respect for them while practicing.

What kind of character can we expect from you in “No Matter What”? The character Kim Bora is very bubbly and fun. Since it’s a family drama, you can also enjoy a variety of harmony among the family members. In particular, please look forward to the sister chemistry between Kim Bora and ‘Shin Ari’ (Jung Min Ah). I only have a younger brother in real life so I really like having a sister in the drama (laughs). The drama is still at the beginning stages, so there hasn’t been much progress, but I hope viewers also enjoy the love story line. I’ll be filming the drama until the end of the year, so my goal is to finish it without any trouble. I’ll take the viewers’ criticism as interests, so please give us a lot of support.

57cfb2b54805e5c319a8f82eb0f4927693a7fac5

Coincidentally, your husband Eric will also be back onscreen with a new project in October (Eric stars in MBC’s new drama “The Spies Who Loved Me”.) My husband started filming before me, but recently, I’ve been filming more often. That makes it harder to see each other. When I get home, I’m busy washing up and catching sleep, so there’s not much time to see each other face to face. We don’t get to talk a lot because we have to memorize our scripts and we’re busy with our own preparations, but we always encourage and cheer for each other.

Do you ever choose projects for each other? We don’t really discuss the choice of works with each other. I don’t think I’m in a position to pick and choose a particular line of work, so I’m trying to do my best with the opportunities presented to me. The same goes for my husband. Since we are affiliated with different agencies, I think it’s only right that we discuss the projects with our own agency and staff members first. However, I do read the scenario and give feedbacks like “That’s interesting.

You got married in 2017, has anything changed since your marriage? I lived with my parents before marriage. Of course I was comfortable and happy back then, but I definitely feel more emotionally stable after marriage. The part that I like the most is that I’m in the same career field as my husband and that we can understand each other. When one of us is having a hard time, we listen and give advice to each other. When we start a new project, it’s not like we can leave and come home at normal time like an office worker. There are times when people are naturally become less attentive in managing the household, so it’s good to be able to understand and take care of each other without saying it out loud. So far, we have had very few projects overlap, so one of us filled the vacancy when one person was away, but this time it’s not easy because we’re both busy at the same time.

Do you have any plans for children? Not yet. Right now, I’m trying to focus on the current work in front of me. I can’t think about having a baby or childrearing yet. I think I need a little more time. I will discuss it with my husband in the future. (laughs)

ec3abf52cae4b94a9d6e4cbf122e3103fa7c0088

Your personal life is behind a veil. You don’t even use social media that much, do you? I do have an social media account, but I don’t use it often. I don’t usually take a lot of pictures. I can’t show my face when I’m resting at home because I’m lounging around so comfortably. They say people appreciate a natural appearance these days, but how can I show myself with my hair in a messy bun (laughs). On my days off, I take walks with my two dogs or watch Netflix while eating snacks. Those are my best ‘small but definite happiness.’

You have very good skin. Do you have any special beauty tips? Lately, I’ve been having skin trouble frequently while filming. I’ve tried various products, from famous beauty items to inexpensive cosmetic products known for having good ingredients, but I haven’t had much results. These days, I take time to wash my face twice because I want to focus on the basics. It’s usually hard to wash your face thoroughly when you come home from work because you’re tired. I dedicate around 20 minutes for this. I also try to be as gentle as possible when I rub my skin. I consciously drink water instead of soft drinks or coffee to get enough hydration, and take lactobacillus and vitamins in the morning. My skin started getting better afterwards.

What kind of hobbies do you usually enjoy? I started exercising because I’ve become more interested in immunity and physical strength lately. I’m a ‘hearinyi’ (health+child) who can’t even lift all the barbells but consume proteins religiously (laughs). It’s too much for me to maintain a strict diet at the same time so I mainly focus on muscle exercise using equipment. There are various exercise methods introduced on YouTube so I tend to refer to them. I wasn’t the type who enjoys working out but it’s fun because when I do, it relieve my stress. I’m also proud of myself for doing it consistently. (laughs) t/n: *eorinyi = child

1f73005b7a1f382b8909effb52a3970da62b6e1f

Do you meet your friends often when you’re on a break? I used to see them often, but we haven’t seen each other this year because of filming drama and COVID-19. I don’t enjoy drinking alcohol so I like to chat while drinking coffee at quiet places the most. I have a lot of non-celebrity friends whom I’ve known since I was in school, so we can’t stop chatting when we see each other. Some are married while others are still working, so it’s good listening to their various stories. The day goes by fast when we share our updates or talk about old memories.

Do you seek advice from your friends? Truthfully, I don’t really have any worries these days. I’m not a multitasker, so I only think about my work when I’m involved in a project. Even now, my biggest concern and priority is how to lead “No Matter What” and my acting. I think about what I can do, and if it still doesn’t work out, I’ll ask the director or my costars for advice.

You seem to be more active in your work after marriage. It wasn’t intentional, but I once had a long break from acting. Back then, I had a lot of desire to work. While monitoring other popular dramas, I was eager to do a project as soon as soon as possible. But just because you want to act doesn’t mean you get a chance to be in a project. I think in those days, I wasn’t able to get many chances because I was lacking a lot as an actor. I was depressed after going through a hard time, but these days, I’m just happy every day. I’m very grateful to be part of a drama series.

What did you do during your break? I felt lethargic and sluggish when I wasn’t doing anything. So I learned a variety of things like Chinese and guitar. It’s actually embarrassing to say I was learning stuff because I didn’t really learn one thing intensively so I didn’t master anything properly. (laughs) But it was still a pleasant experience back then, and it was a vital factor for me to get through the hiatus.

8b222ec6b5e02f1365ef7a97f41b2a763704bd96

You debut was in 2001. What’s the driving force that made you come this far? When I look back on my work, every moment of filming remains a great source of pleasure for me. There were definitely times when I was tired or faced with limitations, but it’s a precious memory incomparable to anything else. I think that feeling gives me the power to continue on. I went to auditions with the mindset, ’I lacked these kinds of acting skills. I think I can do better from now on!’ You can only check to see if you’re doing well based on the works that you can learn from. I think I’ve come this far to get that opportunity. There’s no limit for the desire to do well.

Many people still think of the MBC sitcom “High Kick” when they think of Na Hye Mi. It’s amazing that it’s still loved by so many people when it was 13 years ago. I heard that related videos are often uploaded on YouTube and it was still airing on TV recently. Some people also tell me they enjoyed it. (laughs) I’m often asked if I dislike the “High Kick” association. I’m so honored. I had a lot of fun during the filming too. It’s just embarrassing to see my old self as a rookie again. (laughs) I think I can do better if I were to film it again. I’d like to try a project like “High Kick” if I get a chance.

You probably want to try changing your image through a role. Until now, I’ve played many roles where I was haughty, chic or dressed up in fancy clothes. From now on, I want to try a down to earth and comfortable character like the girl next door. I want to show a natural side of me that is not made up at all. I’d like to try out a profession like doctor. Since I haven’t been on the screen for a long time, it would be also nice doing a movie. It doesn’t matter a romance or comedy genre. I like anything that’s a different from the previous image of Na Hye Mi. I’m ready to work hard on anything. (laughs)

What do you think makes a good actor? I think an actor who can express the feelings in the script well and convey their feelings to the viewers is a good actor. Moreover, I want to become an actor who is loved not only by the public but also by fellow actors and staff members that I work with. For that to happen, I should become a better person, right? From now on, I want to encourage myself by telling myself “Let’s do better than I am now.

6d4121e07474092b14f251317f782be48cbe2074

Source: Women Sense

[ENG SUB] 10 Quick Question with Na Hyemi: What’s Good About Being Married over Single? Woman Sense Cover Interview

Turn on caption for subtitle

Original video by Women Sense

New stills with EXID's Hani.  She's playing the genius hacker from North Korea.  So unfortunate no broadcast this Wednesday because of baseball playoff again...

Eric's side profile never disappoints :lol:

Em_hgFHWEAAOzOE?format=jpg&name=orig

Em_mHutXMAEFpU7?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 1