Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Nah it's not free, you have to purchase it. :) But it's worth.

Are you sure you plugged it into your mic input and not your line in input. Some computers have both, try unmuting both and maximizing the volume for both and see if you can get any sound. That or, have a play with the input mixer device and see which device works for you. The mixer device might be set to one that doesn't work by default (although I doubt it) but still have a play in it, found in control panel.

It's in the mic input and I don't think there's anything wrong with the mixer device because it records fine with stereo mix if that has anything to do with anything -_-

I have no idea if it's the computer's problem or the mic. I should be getting a new mic soon though so I'll probably figure it out sooner or later ><" Thanks anyway.

Guest sikkony

It's in the mic input and I don't think there's anything wrong with the mixer device because it records fine with stereo mix if that has anything to do with anything -_-

I have no idea if it's the computer's problem or the mic. I should be getting a new mic soon though so I'll probably figure it out sooner or later ><" Thanks anyway.

Ah ok! I know the culprit!. Set the Stereo mix to Microphone. That should do the trick!

^ Well, sound recorder has nothing to remove static and I don't know about the rest, sorry -_-

Weeeell, I need help again. ><" Got a new mic and it works but the volume is too low and I have no idea what to do about it. It's already up on full on the recording mixer thing soo....

i wanna sing STRONG.... advice?

A little genius kid carrying a violin case was late to his first US concert and he didn't know how to get to his concert hall, Carnegie Hall. So, he asked this guy "Sir, how do I get to Carnegie Hall?" The guy being an arrogant SOB merely smiled, ruffled the kid's hair and said...

"Practice, boy, practice."

Ok. That was stupid. But it's true. You've just got to practice. Just sing until you start coughing up blood. Just sing. O_O That's what I've been doing for all my life so far.

Guest Celestial Child

How do I work on not squeaking (or going high pitch) on certian words?

Because this happens when I talk too... and when I sing, it just makes it even more annoying.

So when you've done your mix in audition, you go to Edit > Mix Down To File > All Files...if all the clips in the multitrack are meant to be in the song. Then Ctrl+S, save as mp3 ^^

And you just upload!

Guest xmichellee

Hello, I just wanna ask what can Adobe Audition do? I've downloaded the trials version but I'm all lost... I tried downloading the tutorials in the 1st page but I can't open the file.. I have no idea why. Can Adobe Audition extract vocals from songs? For example I wanna sing this song in 'karaoke version' without the original singer.. Like instrumental. Which programme can do that? I hope somebody can help me with this cos it's my first time.. Thanks for the help!

^ Yes it can. But no song, with any program can have the vocals removed completely.

You go to edit mode, with your file and the organizer window should be on the left. Go to the effects tab, then Filters > Center Channel Extractor.

sorry if it's not exact because I'm stuck with 1.0 right now ><"

It's pretty basic when you look at the multitrack. Click on the track you want to insert you go to Insert > Audio (or something).

On each track, there are these buttons:

R = record, if you press the record button at the bottom, the things recorded will be on the tracks where this button is pushed down so be carefuil or you'll record over everything xD I've done it so many times I feel stupid -_-

M = Mute, mutes the track(s) where this button is down. So if you record or play, the audio on the track won't play.

S = Solo, mutes all tracks except for the one where the button is pushed down.

Sorry if it's really vague and confusing xD I wrote it in 2 minutes with things I can remember.