Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest k_c_pop_bi7_b04

along with above post -- anyone know any teacher/website that live near/in San Diego/Santa Ana?

Practise, practise and practise.

Do scales and warmups a lot. It'll come naturally ^^

yup i'm having the same problem... with 0 knowledge of proper singing..can u give some example of scales and warmups that i can practice?

yup i'm having the same problem... with 0 knowledge of proper singing..can u give some example of scales and warmups that i can practice?

for warm-ups before you sing a song, you do like scales. like...singing each of the words on one scale:

goog

gug (gha-ug) <== Rhymes with "plug"

mum

no

nay (the sound a horse makes...neigh)

and you can even do fancier scales, but those should be enough ^^

If you have a piano or something, do the scales while playing the notes on it ^^

Guest __Christine

Hey guys.. i dunno whether this question has been asked before but i can't check the last few pages cos i have limited time to be online now.

So here goes. my question is, how can I remove vocals in Audacity?

Thanks!

Guest dori dori

sorry isound hecka newbie compared to all ur questions`

whut program do u guys use to record? not edit or stuff just simply record singing? whut is easy and simple that u guys reccomend?

Guest k_c_pop_bi7_b04

two software i've tried are CoolEdit2 and Goldwave... i prefer to use goldwave .. can find at goldwave.com ... yea.. but just trial though

^ agreed. If I see another "What do I use to record?" "How do I use soundclick?" "What's a good mic?" or "How do I sing stronger?" I'll...I'll faint T_T

Any tips for harmonizing? I mean, when I harmonize it ends up sounding weird and sounds like a robot thing because it's too together. I dunno how to explain it ><

hmm i cant help on harmonising .... >.< but my friend once told me take the original note as a 'do', and to harmonise find the 'me'...yep. actually i think knowing how to harmonise somehow comes with instinct and feel of the song after you know it very well... u will kind of form chords in your head after a while..uhh. hehe.

if u want to make it sound better, make the harmonising softer than the melody and mebbe sing each part a little differently so they dont sound the same? if it sounds robotic mebbe its coz of too much harmonising..

for scales and warm-ups...jz start with the simplest.. sing the vowels ah,ee,ooh,ae,oh.. scales juz go 'do me so do so me do"...to get warmed up more quickly try doing small exercises like hopping on the spot or stretching, cuz being physically warmed up means getting vocally warmed up too.

Guest tsububu

a general FAQ needs to be made for all the WAY TOO F AQ in this post.

QFT.

This thread needs some sorting to do - even if i set to max post per page etc in control - there is still 6+ pages. Mostly repeated questions.

Guest sikkony

QFT.

This thread needs some sorting to do - even if i set to max post per page etc in control - there is still 6+ pages. Mostly repeated questions.

Thing is, who's dedicated enough to do that? I guess Johnny could just see the good replies, and "cut" them and put them on front page with quotes.

Guest babossagaji

record yourselfd?

No, I meant....

hmm..it's hard to explain...cus when I'm singing...I can change my voice to make it like a whisper or make it louder..which is more like my talking voice...

which way is the correct way to sing?

um what's better? to sing with ur chest voice or your throat voice?

my chest voice is louder, and i thought that was better but a voice teacher said to use ur stomach voice??? is that ur throat voice? cuz thats really soft..

what do professionals do? i always thought they had like a loud throat voice or something.

also i find it very hard to sing high with my chest voice. anyone have tips?

Guest sikkony

um what's better? to sing with ur chest voice or your throat voice?

my chest voice is louder, and i thought that was better but a voice teacher said to use ur stomach voice??? is that ur throat voice? cuz thats really soft..

what do professionals do? i always thought they had like a loud throat voice or something.

also i find it very hard to sing high with my chest voice. anyone have tips?

What's throat voice? What's stomach voice? All of our voice sound production occurs inside our larynx (throat).

I think I get what your teacher means by stomach voice, and I know what chest voice is, but what's throat voice?

^Edit: How do you know what type of voice you're using when you sing. *Clueless*

Hi, I'm looking for a vocal coach and was wondering what I should be looking for in a teacher? Any people with experience with teachers have anything to share? Thanks.

Your chest voice would usually be used for your lower notes. As you get higher, there's your middle voice. If you try using your chest voice for when you should be using middle, it'll strain and crack. Your head voice is for higher notes, sometimes a bit softer than your chest and middle voice.