Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest xmichellee

If i use Adobe Audition, is it possible to like mix a few songs together? (I'm combining a few songs together for dancing purpose) Then, I need like the first song to slowly fade away and the second song starts to come in... You get what I mean? I dont really know how to explain though... Hope somebody can help..

* If it's impossible to do it using A.Audition, then is there any other programme for this?

Thanks for helping!

It's either your soundcard or you have your mic on mute.

Go to the sound properties thing, Options > Advanced Controls then click the Advanced Button. You should find a mic boost thing there, check it.

Ohh! It works...

My mic was on mute.. >__> Silly me :blush:

And I used the mic boost thgie too.. It's so much louder now!

Thank you so much, Rai-Rai! ;)

Guest tsububu

If i use Adobe Audition, is it possible to like mix a few songs together? (I'm combining a few songs together for dancing purpose) Then, I need like the first song to slowly fade away and the second song starts to come in... You get what I mean? I dont really know how to explain though... Hope somebody can help..

* If it's impossible to do it using A.Audition, then is there any other programme for this?

Thanks for helping!

Yes you can - I would recommend reading the help files.

Alternatively - make a play list in (windows media player or winamp etc) then put crossfade between each song..

Guest candeeinlove

Hello, I need some help..

Previously, I downloaded Adobe Audition Trials Version. And it'll expire in 8 days. But now, my friend bought the programme and she gave me the serial number. But the problem is i don't know how/where to enter the serial code. What can I do now? I can't get the disc from her by any way as well.. Can somebody help?

Guest tsububu

Hello, I need some help..

Previously, I downloaded Adobe Audition Trials Version. And it'll expire in 8 days. But now, my friend bought the programme and she gave me the serial number. But the problem is i don't know how/where to enter the serial code. What can I do now? I can't get the disc from her by any way as well.. Can somebody help?

I think what you are doing is a bit illegal - have you found the program to be useful?

If so purchase yourself - there are free programs out there that do stuff sufficiently enough for music recording/mixing etc. eg: Audacity

Guest 사랑해<3

Okay! I have three whole questions to ask you guys.

1. When I record my high notes, my microphone starts to sound weird. Like, when I sing low, medium, and sort of high notes, the quality is good but when I sign sort of high notes, it comes out weird. It's most likely cause of the microphone right?

2. How can I mix songs properly in GoldWave? Sorry if this question has been asked a million times xD

3. This question is hard to explain, and it is plain out weird but is it just me or when you sing to your self you can sing high and do all the good things, but when people are around, or you're in the singing room, you can't really sing like you do. And, sometimes, when I sing tomyself randomly, I can go pretty high, but when I sing on the microphone with the beat of the song, I tend to do worse x_____x

Thank You xoxox

^ To your 3rd question. It's the same with me and I kinda think it has to do with confidence. xD When I was recording this song, I couldn't reach the notes but when I'm randomly singing it I do fine. All you can do is rpactise so yeah.

Guest 사랑해<3

^ To your 3rd question. It's the same with me and I kinda think it has to do with confidence. xD When I was recording this song, I couldn't reach the notes but when I'm randomly singing it I do fine. All you can do is rpactise so yeah.

Okay, I will practice a lot x3 I wonder how BOA, and all those singers could go high up on stage when they would be very nervous, but, they practieced for years, so I guess practice does pay off xD Thank you!

Guest hmaster

Thanks for helping!

crossfading isn't a very good thing to use in something like audition, because when you're crossfading the audience will realise that it is a crossfade, and expect your beat-matching to be correct. usually, that's not the case. It's better off to abruptly stop, and then bring the second track in quickly, or learn to splice the beats together, rather than a gradual crossfade.

Having said that, if you have a friend who knows how to DJ, get him to mix it.

CAN SOMEONE BE SWEET ENOUGH TO POST UP SOME PICTURES OF GOOD QUALITY MICS THAT HAS A PRICE RANGED FROM $20-$30? OR, PLEASE GIVE ME INFORMATION & PICTURES OF MICS THAT YOU USE AND ARE IN PRETTY GOOD QUALITY & WHERE I CAN BUY/ORDER IT. THANKS!!!!

-S0LLY ^3^

Guest hmaster

CAN SOMEONE BE SWEET ENOUGH TO POST UP SOME PICTURES OF GOOD QUALITY MICS THAT HAS A PRICE RANGED FROM $20-$30? OR, PLEASE GIVE ME INFORMATION & PICTURES OF MICS THAT YOU USE AND ARE IN PRETTY GOOD QUALITY & WHERE I CAN BUY/ORDER IT. THANKS!!!!

-S0LLY ^3^

The only 'professional' mic near that price range if you're really, really lucky is the Behringer XM8500. For what it sounds like, listen to Sou's stuff.

In future, you can't expect good quality from microphones in the 20-30 dollar price range. And that's in any currency.

And if you bothered looking at previous posts, you'll notice I've said this AND listed examples of budget pro microphones. no need for caps, sol.

Guest onigiri_kun

I just purchased a sony FV220 vocal microphone. but when I

start recording, there is sound on one side and the other side

is just a horrible "pssssst" fuzzing sound (by the way, the noice is louder than my voice)

I was wondering how I can get rid of that horrible noise and make both sides have sound??

thankX!

Guest lovesaffinity

The only 'professional' mic near that price range if you're really, really lucky is the Behringer XM8500. For what it sounds like, listen to Sou's stuff.

In future, you can't expect good quality from microphones in the 20-30 dollar price range. And that's in any currency.

And if you bothered looking at previous posts, you'll notice I've said this AND listed examples of budget pro microphones. no need for caps, sol.

I read this and since I'm wondering about mics myself, I looked back through the pages and found your post, but the link you provided doesn't work. Is there any way you could list examples again?

Guest babiixru

I need help. I need more air in me. any tips, anyone?

it's because i have to sing a kirei da. and i'm failing the phrasing. please help.

(was looking through the thread for some useful tips)

anyway, hmm you mean singing in falsetto? what exactly do you mean by more air o_o?

if what you're asking is what i'm thinking than i guess you could sing more "lightly" and not with chest voice or middle voice etc. more like something that sounds like a "fake" and very breathy voice.

sorry if i assumed something totally different than what you wanted :sweatingbullets:

Anyone who's not tone deaf (which is EXTREMELY rare) can learn technique with dedication, practice, and a teacher who knows what they're doing...When I think of "beautiful", though, I think of the tonecolor of someone's voice and liking that is a matter of opinion....at least it is for me :P

ditto. i mean like someone can have the same range as another singer but their type of voices can be totally different! like someone can be very airy and another person who has the same range can be very powerful. beautiful is different for everyone =). like if you sound like macy gray... (no offense to anyone) it's not that pretty :vicx:

Guest onigiri_kun

I bought a mic the other day~ but when I try

to record a vocal track, this annoying distortion of sound just keeps buzzing!

I've tried to remove hiss, lower volume adn none of that seemed

to work~ so I was wondering if anyone can help me with this??

this is what it sounds like with the mic just plugged in~

and this sound is present throughout the whole file

static sound

THANKYOU VERY MUCH!