Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest appledapple

IT DOESN'T WORK

I have Adobe Audition 1.5 & I tried filter out the acapella of a song to make it into an instrumental but it doesn't work. I read the instructions of a soompier ^ up above.

I went to Edit View, Filters, Center Channel Extractor & the following.

Is it just me like did i do it wrong?

Can someone please give me a more clear instruction? :)

( Those instructions above were very clear but it didn't work for me but htanks for posting :P )

To make it into "an instrumental"? The instructions I posted were not to do that they were to make the vocal "louder" not "softer".

Sometimes it's just impossible to get a decent instrumental from a song btw. It's certainly never going to be perfect :(

Good luck, though

Guest chigusa707

Music Match Jukebox

http://www.musicmatch.com

However, many people think it is a piece of crap. Myself, I use a very old version (version 6) because I haven't liked a version since then, thank God I'd backed it up :) But you can give it a whirl, some people love it.

Should I dl Jukebox 10 plus or is there another software? sorry for the questions. >.<

Guest barinrinn

i have a question, sorry if someone asked before, but i was just wondering...umm I downloaded GOLDWAVE to make instrumentals with, WELL they're not really instrumentals..cause even though I used the tool to "supposely" take out the voice from the song ..i still here the voice from the song and whats really annoying is that the voice sounds all WINDY ..is there any way to get rid of that? ahh im sorry if i dont make any sense...but is there anyway i could make an instru from a song w/out any voice whatsoever..??

i have a question, sorry if someone asked before, but i was just wondering...umm I downloaded GOLDWAVE to make instrumentals with, WELL they're not really instrumentals..cause even though I used the tool to "supposely" take out the voice from the song ..i still here the voice from the song and whats really annoying is that the voice sounds all WINDY ..is there any way to get rid of that? ahh im sorry if i dont make any sense...but is there anyway i could make an instru from a song w/out any voice whatsoever..??

No.

^ Yup, agree. It's impossible to remove vocals out completely. You will still be left with echos. You're lucky enough to get the vocals out a fair bit. At least you get the back up vocals -_-

Guest ~*Yeony*~

How do I upload songs onto soundclick??

will someone please help, and if I'm posting this up in the wrong section, my bad, I didn't really think this fit anywhere else...^^;;

^

Hey there! To add songs, go to the main site and on your top right hand corner, click on band adminstration. Then click on your band's name or artist's name. The in the section called "Songs" you click on add new songs. You click I agree, and you'll probably do "Robust Upload" (click go), type in the song's stuff, Proceed, Proceed, find the file in ur comp by clicking on the browse button, upload mp3, wait, pick a pic or not, and you're done! Hope that helped! ^^

Guest barinrinn

^ Yup, agree. It's impossible to remove vocals out completely. You will still be left with echos. You're lucky enough to get the vocals out a fair bit. At least you get the back up vocals -_-

oh i see then. i guess ill try to live with it..but yea i was wondering is all...if there was anyway, but i guess not...well thnx for answering my question tho :)

Guest appledapple

^ Vocal cut is a joke anyways...Just pick another song or get a midi and synth it (or get someone to do it for you if it's that deep)! It's not like you can use a vocal cut on anything important anyways (auditions, etc)

More Adobe/Cool Edit info posted at Home Recording today, in Mp3 audio lessons (link posted by user TimboZ):

http://www.audio2u.com/buildingthepod.htm

how do u actually record ur voice on laptop without a microphone??

I only have a earphone.. is that okay?

and i heard that u need a program as well... are there any free and easy to use recorders?

Guest sikkony

how do u actually record ur voice on laptop without a microphone??

I only have a earphone.. is that okay?

and i heard that u need a program as well... are there any free and easy to use recorders?

You record by plugging something into the mic input. The icon looks like a little mic or has a circle with an arrow pointing into it (not out of it). By earphone do you mean the one you use to listen to music? If so, then that can too be a microphone. Depends on the quality of the earphone though.

Guest ~*Yeony*~

hi, does anyone know where I can get the full version of Adobe Audition because I can only find the trial edition and my trial's over...TT_TT...so I don't have a recording program besides Goldwave and I don't really know how to use that.....

Guest eternityras

i have a rather perplexing question about AA. when i'm recording i have the bg music in track 1, and i record on to track 2. but when i playback, my voice lags behind the bg music. .... actually, it doesn't lag at first, but the lagging distance increases as the song goes on... it's weird and annoying >.<;;;;

can someone please help me?