Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest kokoling

How do I train up on my fasetto? I have a pretty weak fasetto and I don't really know how to relax my vocal chord when I hit the high notes. I like fantsiimaker's fasetto ine one of her song. How do I improve my fasetto?

Girls don't really have falsettos, but if you're a guy, all I can say is that don't sing with your chest. It's a very mental thing. Think of a flying feather, and pull your voice vocally upward. As soon as you get throaty and chesty, the falsetto goes out of the window.

Guest hmaster

i have a rather perplexing question about AA. when i'm recording i have the bg music in track 1, and i record on to track 2. but when i playback, my voice lags behind the bg music. .... actually, it doesn't lag at first, but the lagging distance increases as the song goes on... it's weird and annoying >.<;;;;

can someone please help me?

it's your WDM driver latency. You'll need a faster computer, more system resources and/or a better sound card.

Or you can specify an increased buffer time, but I'm not quite sure how that works in AA.

Guest sikkony

Girls don't really have falsettos, but if you're a guy, all I can say is that don't sing with your chest. It's a very mental thing. Think of a flying feather, and pull your voice vocally upward. As soon as you get throaty and chesty, the falsetto goes out of the window.

Girls definitely do have falsetto. And guys definitely will need to sing in their chest voice for the lower notes.

Guest kokoling

What girls call their falsettos isn't really a real falsetto. They can actually hit those notes with their regular voices. It may be hard singing high notes in pop because sometimes you have sound breathy, but if they open up their mouth, I assure you they can sing those notes (esp. when they do warm ups).

Falsettos for guys are the real falsettos because they can't sing those notes with their normal voices. No matter how hard they try; btw, chest voice is way different from falsetto.

Guest sikkony

What girls call their falsettos isn't really a real falsetto. They can actually hit those notes with their regular voices. It may be hard singing high notes in pop because sometimes you have sound breathy, but if they open up their mouth, I assure you they can sing those notes (esp. when they do warm ups).

Falsettos for guys are the real falsettos because they can't sing those notes with their normal voices. No matter how hard they try; btw, chest voice is way different from falsetto.

Falsetto exists in both sex. Our voices function the same for both sex although it isn't exactly the same.

To remind you and others of what a falsetto is incase one does not know yet, it is the technique of singing on very loose vocal folds that do not adduct. Since you are singing on the edges of the vocal fold, and they are loose, one creates a "false" high sound. Therefore, both sex would be able to acheive this.

BTW, what do you define normal voice? Full connected voice? Chest voice?

Hii.. Umm.. I have a quick question.

When you guys record, does it ever.. I dunno.. skip? Like when you play it back. 'Cause mine does that alot, and it's reaallly annoying because then it throws off the timing.. Then I've gotta cut and paste the vocals verse by verse -__-'' I'm not sure if it's because my mic is crappy, or because of my program? I use Adobe Audition.

Guest sikkony

Hii.. Umm.. I have a quick question.

When you guys record, does it ever.. I dunno.. skip? Like when you play it back. 'Cause mine does that alot, and it's reaallly annoying because then it throws off the timing.. Then I've gotta cut and paste the vocals verse by verse -__-'' I'm not sure if it's because my mic is crappy, or because of my program? I use Adobe Audition.

Sounds like your computer is lagging while processing the different channels. Is it a really slow computer? Or, your soundcard isn't receiving enough latency and so it's getting "ignored" by the CPU while requesting.

What program are you using to record anyways?

And no, it shouldn't happen normally.

Guest kokoling

Well that...or you can move to the land of "baseball, basketball, gunbanging, and High School shootups." XD *cough* (Man I love how others portray Americans. lol.)

Guest fantasiimaker

^LOL don't forget the hamburgers and obesity 8D

jho - yeah my recordings used to skip a lot >< it was so annoying. After I switched to a new computer, the skipping stopped...and I used the same old mic, so it must be something with the soundcard. And I thought it was my mic's fault before XD;;

The quality seems to worsen/skips increase if the default quality you're recording at is low. I'm not sure if there's some option in AA because I use Cool Edit, but be sure to record at standard 44100Hz and 128 kbps or higher.

Australia's just as obese as America -_-

Okay, my mic won't work and i'm depressed ><"

Uh...I plugged it in and usually it automatically works since there's no software with it or anything. I was trying to change the recording device but there are no options except for my speakers. Anything i can do?

Guest sikkony

Australia's just as obese as America -_-

Okay, my mic won't work and i'm depressed ><"

Uh...I plugged it in and usually it automatically works since there's no software with it or anything. I was trying to change the recording device but there are no options except for my speakers. Anything i can do?

You probably changed your recording device (mixer device) into something different that doesn't work for you, change it back to whatever it was. You can get more options besides your speakers by double clicking that sound icon, "Options" >> "Properties" >> and then tick all you want (such as mic) >> "OK" and then all should be fine. Maybe your mic is on mute?

It's because I'm not on my usual computer but I've already done that and the volume is as high as it can go. The mixer device is fine...as far as I can tell.

Guest candeeinlove

Hello, I'm really new at all these singing things.. And i just wanna know how can I download cool edit pro? Or Adobe audition? Isit a free programme? Sorry if somebody asked this before.. Please help.. Thanks!

Guest sikkony

Hello, I'm really new at all these singing things.. And i just wanna know how can I download cool edit pro? Or Adobe audition? Isit a free programme? Sorry if somebody asked this before.. Please help.. Thanks!

Nah it's not free, you have to purchase it. :) But it's worth.

It's because I'm not on my usual computer but I've already done that and the volume is as high as it can go. The mixer device is fine...as far as I can tell.

Are you sure you plugged it into your mic input and not your line in input. Some computers have both, try unmuting both and maximizing the volume for both and see if you can get any sound. That or, have a play with the input mixer device and see which device works for you. The mixer device might be set to one that doesn't work by default (although I doubt it) but still have a play in it, found in control panel.

Guest DarkApprentice89

I'm a 16 yr old guy and I havn't sang for like 2-3 yrs. When I try to sing now it sounds like I have a really really deep voice. I know it's from puberty, but is there any way to sing a lil higher for me. Also whenever I try to sing it feels like my throat isn't cleared. Any suggestions?

Guest kokoling

My friend has that same problem with his falsetto. I think the best thing to do is to work on it, and it'll settle somehow. However, singing is also a very mental thing. When you sing high, try to imagine a crystal drop of water dripping down, and try to single that clear and smoothly.

If all else fails. Sing rock music. XD