[drama 2007] White Tower [ 하얀 거탑]

shirley

thanks a million ~!!! mic ^^ ..

[mr. kim from the pharmaceutical tells dr. choi their company is withdrawling financial support in dr. choi's research.. (since dr. choi has ruffled dr. woo's feathers, and the company doesn't want to get on dr. woo's bad side.. for fear he might discontinue using their medicines at the hospital)..

but mr. kim says he has enough small power to get him a few machines here there to sustain the research until things quiet down and they can invest in the research again openly)

gkdisrjxkqthegreatwhiteqe4.jpg

choi: rep. kim. thank you. and thank the president for me. .but there's no secret in the world.. and we don't have to do our research in secret.. no matter when.. when you can support it openly.. then come back..

kim: but professor this is what everyone else does..

choi: even if it's just us.. let's do it right. (smiles) thank you...

-------

i really love dr choi .way of seeing things in such postive way .~! it was his strenght in his belief that make me believed him that what he is doing and holding onto is not something too foolish ..

[in an upcoming expo by young-in university hospital, origianlly dr. lee's name was going to be the sponsor name on the invitations, but jang joonhyeok suddenly changes his mind and tells dr. lee they are using deputy director dr. woo's name, w/ the excuse that it will attract more ppl since dr. woo's the deputy director, but dr. lee tells jang to change it back but jang says it's too late since the invitations are already out (actually it's not).. and lee gets pissed and accuses jang of never following his order and discounting him as his boss, but jang insists he is always tryign to follow lee's teaching.. ]

lee: if you continue this.. even if i want to name you as my successor .. it could not happen, what will you do then?

jang: that won't happen.. but if it does.. i will not sit back and suffer either.

============

wow ..he said that to prof lee .no wonder it had him clenching his teeth ..lol desipt of it all that they playing such politcal games but i do have a secret delight when dr jang can counter attack back ..he come from a poor background .to be where he is now .he had went through a lot of hardship on his own .he never had it easy .that why it is not easy too for him to be defeated just like that ..

wt3.jpg

got to go dl my esp 4 ^^

from http://kr.dcinside11.imagesearch.yahoo.com...?id=kimmyungmin

here some more of esp 4 cap

wt4.jpg

wt41.jpg

wt42.jpg

wt43.jpg

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This book (Shiroi Kyoto) must be really popular. There are so drama adaptations. Shiroi Kyoto (jdrama), The Hospital (TW), and now KDrama.

I'm curious so now I must watch this. ^^;;

This book (Shiroi Kyoto) must be really popular. There are so drama adaptations. Shiroi Kyoto (jdrama), The Hospital (TW),

^^ actually alot of people tend to think the taiwan version is based on the book Shiroi Kyoto.because we were sort of misled by the title ..even i included ..then when u watch it u know it is based on a same title book by a taiwnese writer 侯文咏[er because the topic and theme and structure .of both stories were so simlar i think the publisher did went into a dispute but i dun know the results ] but there some slight difference in both storyplot ..what i do know about the taiwanese writer is he is also a doctor by profession ...he had several other books published also on the theme of doctors ..i seem his works around but never got to read it .

http://www.ewen.cc/books/bkview.asp?bkid=9...&cid=265533

=====================================================

here a news article on the current medicial drama trend

==

Prescription for Melodramatized TV

By Kim Tae-jong

Staff Reporter

kt2200701152027220a1.jpg

Lee Yo-won plays Bong Dal-hui hoping to become a surgeon in the new medical drama “Oegwauisa (surgeon) Bong Dal-hui.”

If you suffer from an ``imbalance’’ because of watching the same-old soaps with same-old love triangles and affairs, dramas about medical doctors may be just the prescription you need.

This year, four new medical dramas will air, attracting viewers who want to see something new and unconventional.

They are ``Hayan Kotab’’ (White Big Tower), ``Oegwauisa (Surgeon) Bong Dang-hui,’’ ``Ibalsadul’’ (Barbers) and ``Chonghappyongwon 2’’ (General Hospital 2).

These dramas are not the first to center on lives of doctors at hospitals. In the mid-1990s, ``Chonghappyongwon’’ (General Hospital), ``Haebaragi’’ (Sunflower) and ``Uigahyongje’’ (Doctor Brothers) were huge successes.

Although they were set in hospitals, their main stories dealt with romance between doctors. But the emphasis of these new dramas is on portraying the work and the lives of doctors as realistically as possible.

These dramas have whopping production budgets, an average of 3 billion won, and special sets that were exclusively created for the show and feature operation rooms, emergency rooms and expensive medical equipment.

``Hayan Kotab’’ has been on air on MBC since Jan. 6. It started with a viewer rating of 11 percent on its first weekend and increased to 17 percent last weekend.

The Saturday-Sunday mini series is a remake version of a popular Japanese drama of the same title. Set in a general hospital, the drama deals with the hierarchy in the doctors’ world and doctors’ struggle for success.

Program director Ahn Pan-seok introduced his drama as a ``political drama set in a hospital.’’

``It’s not just about doctors taking care of patients, but rather about a big hospital as a place where people fight for promotion and compete for hegemony,’’ Ahn said during a news conference early this month.

Another medical drama ``Surgeon Bong Dal-hui,’’ which will air on SBS from Jan. 17 on Wednesdays and Thursdays, is a story about how novices go through tough trials to become real surgeons.

To appeal to broader audiences, the drama is less serious than ``Hayan Kotab’’ and includes romance between doctors.

But it also aims for a realistic depiction of the lives of doctors complete with scenes of operations and emergency situations at hospital. One series is expected to carry at least three or four operation scenes.

kt2200701152027221a2.jpg

Another new medical drama "Hayan Kotab" (white big tower) includes many scenes of operations to portray the lives of doctors as realistically as possible.

``Ibalsadul’’ and ``Chonghappyongwon 2’’ are now in pre-production.

``Ibalsadul’’ is slated for a May airing on SBS, and its director Lee Jae-gyu is famous for popular soap operas such as ``Tamo’’ and ``Fashion ‘70s.’’

The drama takes its cue from medical doctors’ and barbers’ similar white gowns, and it tells a story about doctors who are alienated but show superb skills.

``Chonghappyongwon 2,’’ is written by Choi Wan-gyu, who wrote the script for ``Chumong,’’ a popular epic drama that currently airs on MBC.

It is a sequel to ``Chonghappyongwon,’’ which starred top actor Jang Dong-gun when he was an emerging star. It was a huge success, dealing with friendship and love between resident and intern doctors.

Critics attribute the boom in the production of medical dramas to the influence of popular blockbuster American medical dramas such as ``Grey’s Anatomy,’’ ``E.R.’’ and ``House’’ which air on cable channels, along with the thirst for a new genre.

``It’s an valuable effort to try a new genre,’’ pop culture critic Kim Heoun-sic, said. ``But it is questionable whether the four new dramas can appeal to local viewers who have enjoyed such well-made American medical dramas through cable channels.’’

``The key to success may lie in how the Korean dramas can differentiate themselves with unique Korean touches in the relationship between doctors and doctors and patients.’’

e3dward@koreatimes.co.kr

01-15-2007 18:44

Shirley....I clicked and watched the scene were KMM aka Dr Jang was "forced" to sing...I just couldn't help feeling so sad and embarrassed for him...he has to stoop to that level in his quest to climb the "ladder". Look at his face, is Kim Myung Min brilliant or what...it had a shade of embarrassed pride and the eyes had shades of desparateness + sadness + thick skinness + stress + determination...they were sorta clowning with him, sorta testing how far they can "use" or "manuever" him and he took it all in, swallowed it all in his quest to climb the hierachy of the Medical word, this this case, his renown hospital.....

Wished I could actually watch it like you guys...anyway, I'm in for the ride here.

Dramaok - Me also...i had high hopes that at least one of them (Dr Choi/Dr Jang)was not married in the K version...sighs...ka!ka!...aigoooo can't help myself, love to have some LOVE entanglements.....it has my fav KMM wo! *wails* ! *OK* that's done....onward with a great drama!

So busy and still come here, I'm such a lost case....KMM all your fault!

i hope this drama is successful. i mean it doesn't have to be like wildly popular, but successful so that more of this type of drama, not necessarily medical, can be seen - you know more dramas that don't revolve around relationships. gah, with kim myeongmin involved it should be worth it. (Janggun ! sorry - kim myeongmin-si. he must be tired of that character lol).

so much testostrom in this drama. LOVE it. men + power. how sexy.

^ LOL.

Guest babymarzy07

^^ actually alot of people tend to think the taiwan version is based on the book Shiroi Kyoto.because we were sort of misled by the title ..even i included ..then when u watch it u know it is based on a same title book by a taiwnese writer 侯文咏[er because the topic and theme and structure .of both stories were so simlar i think the publisher did went into a dispute but i dun know the results ] but there some slight difference in both storyplot ..what i do know about the taiwanese writer is he is also a doctor by profession ...he had several other books published also on the theme of doctors ..i seem his works around but never got to read it .

http://www.ewen.cc/books/bkview.asp?bkid=9...&cid=265533

just to clarify.. the story of white tower (korean) is different from the white tower (tawainese w/ jerry yan?) not the same plot and not by the same author? im watched the taiwanese one, so is this one better? sounds interesting and between this and surgeon dalhee this one kinda intrigues me more..

Guest lunagal

Hi Shirley! Long time no see!

This drama is so fricking addictive. I want more NOW!!!!

All the actors are so brilliant, I don't know who to root for more in the power struggle. At the moment it is KMM> CIP, but who knows once we get to see more of CIP's character.

I'm sorta envious that some of you guys already know what happens in the taiwanese and japanese versions, but it is more exciting not knowing.

It seems like the real battle has begun......

an article on the actress kim bo gyeong who play the role of KMM's lover .

==================================

2007년 1월 16일 (화) 15:33 YTN STAR

<하얀거탑>의 김보경, 안방과 스크린 동시 공략!

20070116153311.656.0.jpg

btn_tv.gif

[앵커멘트]

영화 <친구>에서 '연극이 끝나고 난 후'라는 노래를 부르던 여고생 '진숙이'를 기억하십니까. 그 여고생 역을 맡았던 배우 김보경이 오랜만에 활동 재개에 나서 스크린과 안방을 동시에 공략한다고 합니다. 한층 성숙한 배우가 되어서 돌아온 김보경을 만나봅니다.

[리포트]

배우 김보경이 영화 <여름이 가기 전에>와 드라마 <하얀거탑>으로 동시에 인사를 건넸습니다.

[인터뷰:김보경]

"<여름이 가기 전에> 영화를 가지고 인사드리는 것 뜻 깊고, (하얀거탑)드라마는 훌륭한 감독과 연기 잘하는 선배들이 많이 나와, (그들과)함께 2007년을 연다는 것에 대해 기대되요."

김보경은 화제의 의학 드라마 MBC <하얀거탑>에서 김명민의 상대역으로 와인바 여사장 '강희재' 역을 맡았는데요. 실제로도 김명민과는 특별한 인연이 있습니다.

Q) 김명민과는 특별한 인연이라는데...?

A) "(김명민)학교 선배이자, 동네 오빠, (아는)언니의 남편분"

김보경은 김명민과 워낙 친분이 두텁다 보니 오히려 연기할 때는 불편했다고 하는데요.

Q) 김명민과의 연기 어땠나요?

A) "오빠라는 호칭 안 쓰고, 연기자대 연기자, 장준혁대 강희재로 다가가기 위해 노력한 만큼 지금은 오빠, 형부라기 보다 나의 상대배우이자, 애인으로 많이 자리 잡은 것 같아요."

깁보경은 김명민과의 러브신 촬영에서 민망함을 무릅쓰고 더 잘해야겠다는 각오로 임했다고 합니다.

Q) 김명민과 러브신 촬영은 어땠나요?

A) "강희재가 얌전한 인물이 아니라서 적극적이고, 능동적인... 그 캐릭터 잡고 연기하다 보니, 침대 한 바퀴 돌고 나서 보니 오빠(김명민) 와이셔츠가 풀어져.. 저도 몰랐어요. (김명민에게)'오빠 이게 왜 풀어져 있어요? (김명민이)'내가 어떻게 아냐' 웃긴 에피소드..."

또한 김보경은 1월 25일 개봉 할 영화 <여름이 가기 전에>에서 사랑에 대해 이중적인 모습을 보이는 여주인공을 연기했습니다.

Q) 맡은 역할...?

A) "소연이란 인물을 맡았는데, 나를 사랑하는 남자와 내가 사랑하는 남자 사이에서, 갈등, 고민, 아파하고, 슬퍼하는 외로운 여자"

김보경은 영화에서는 이현우와 호흡을 맞추는데요. 영화와 드라마에서 상대하는 두 남자배우의 매력을 비교해 흥미를 끌었습니다.

Q) 이현우와 김명민, 두 배우의 매력은...?

A) "이현우의 경우는 편안하다, 그렇기 때문에 편안하게 연기했고, 김명민은 상대배우에게 자극을 준다. 눈빛보고, 더 분발해야겠다, 힘을 주고 자극을 주는 것이 그 배우의 힘?"

큰 목표를 두기보다 작은 일이라도 자신에게 주어진 일에 최선을 다하고자 하는 노력하는 배우 김보경!

2007년 스크린과 브라운관에서 동시에 주목받을 배우입니다.

[저작권자© YTNSTAR & Digital YTN. 무단 전재-재배포 금지]

http://tvnews.media.daum.net/part/entertv/.../v15399702.html

Hi Shirley! Long time no see!

This drama is so fricking addictive. I want more NOW!!!!

All the actors are so brilliant, I don't know who to root for more in the power struggle. At the moment it is KMM> CIP, but who knows once we get to see more of CIP's character.

I'm sorta envious that some of you guys already know what happens in the taiwanese and japanese versions, but it is more exciting not knowing.

It seems like the real battle has begun......

hiiii~~ .

ya is more exciting when you are wondering what going to happen next .^^ is very addictive i know .!~ they choose a good cast to make the script glows ~~

but it good for me at least i have a basic idea of the overall picture otherwise i will be quite lost not knowing the things that being said ..this verison is emgering slowly with a flavour of its own ..

actually i used to wonder too before why there never was a real mediical drama that focus more on the lives and happenings in a hospital .with the doctors ..and the patients ....we used to see this alot in jdrama and hk drama ..but i never did see it happen for kdrama .[ to my knowlegde ] .a genre of such type that really focus on depiction of the lives of doctors and not on the romance aspect ..but it great to see it happening now .!and with the best script out there ...^^

lol i also veri excited to know PD lee from damo and F70s also working on a medcial drama !! yeah that is also now on my must see list ...

=

just to clarify.. the story of white tower (korean) is different from the white tower (tawainese w/ jerry yan?) not the same plot and not by the same author? im watched the taiwanese one, so is this one better? sounds interesting and between this and surgeon dalhee this one kinda intrigues me more..

yes~^^ it is by different author and also different story ..we kinda of mixed it up because of the same name .and the media played a part too they keep bringing up the jversion of white tower when the news of the taiwan version was released ! in both version .yes there are also two doctors that have difference ideals and personlity .one the so called ambitious doctor who fight to survive while the other one is with such ideals and righteous mind to make things right ..and the simliar structure of the script does make one wonders on first glance .if it origins come from the same source

but ..the plot of taiwan version start from the medical case of the president's daughter .and hence bring out the power game of the different camps ..[ ..why i did not really enjoyed the tawian vesion was it was just quite unbeliveable for me when the Head of department was really so gangster-like in their conflicts .icant really be convinced that the hospital top management behave in such ways and the director of the hospital cant really control them !!! ..!! ..they .creating too much noise pollution with the shouting and screaming ..and some of the cast i think really cant bring out the role well but i do like leon dai protary of the equilivant of KMM's role in White tower he was great in the role ..] .

but in the jversion and also this kversion adpation for White tower ...it cut into the political game quite straightforwardly .but brilliantly too ....and u become so addicted to it before you realise it lol ..wondering who going to emerged the winner ....at times you found yourself caught in conflict too .on who you want to stand by ....~ . later there will be a sort of medical negligence case ..that will snowball into a legal dispute boy that one make it soooo exciting and in such debates too and those mini medicial cases that appeared in the drama bring tears touches me =>..[ lol that why i like medicial dramas....] .i much preferred the japanese script ..vs the taiwan script ...you should get a copy of it and watch ..~~^

Guest babymarzy07

yes~^^ it is by different author and also different story ..we kinda of mixed it up because of the same name .and the media played a part too they keep bringing up the jversion of white tower when the news of the taiwan version was released ! in both version .yes there are also two doctors that have difference ideals and personlity .one the so called ambitious doctor who fight to survive while the other one is with such ideals and righteous mind to make things right ..and the simliar structure of the script does make one wonders on first glance .if it origins come from the same source

but ..the plot of taiwan version start from the medical case of the president's daughter .and hence bring out the power game of the different camps ..[ ..why i did not really enjoyed the tawian vesion was it was just quite unbeliveable for me when the Head of department was really so gangster-like in their conflicts .icant really be convinced that the hospital top management behave in such ways and the director of the hospital cant really control them !!! ..!! ..they .creating too much noise pollution with the shouting and screaming ..and some of the cast i think really cant bring out the role well but i do like leon dai protary of the equilivant of KMM's role in White tower he was great in the role ..] .

but in the jversion and also this kversion adpation for White tower ...it cut into the political game quite straightforwardly .but brilliantly too ....and u become so addicted to it before you realise it lol ..wondering who going to emerged the winner ....at times you found yourself caught in conflict too .on who you want to stand by ....~ . later there will be a sort of medical negligence case ..that will snowball into a legal dispute boy that one make it soooo exciting and in such debates too and those mini medicial cases that appeared in the drama bring tears touches me =>..[ lol that why i like medicial dramas....] .i much preferred the japanese script ..vs the taiwan script ...you should get a copy of it and watch ..~~^

thank u shirley for ur very clear explanation.. :) the book seems interesting would there be an english version? i didnt quite like the taiwan as well, just watched cause i wanted to how jerry acted there.. the title is quite confusing as well.. i will try to get a copy of the japanese one and start watching this version also.. any subs by the way?

Guest suzziee

I've finally caught up :sweatingbullets: just in time for ep 5 and 6.

I'm not so sure why, but I've already laid my stake in Dr Choi camp which I know is going to get attacked and stampeded on pretty soon... *cries but still refuses to budge*

I love the way he was so peaceful in his acceptance of the company's refusal to fund his research equipment and it was with a quiet dignity he turned down the "sideline" offer. I know many people would think his way of doing things is stupid, or block headed etc.. but this is his definition of concepts of pride, or even ego and how he understands it. He completely falls below the radar of hospital politics and makes no attempt to get himself into the game, maybe sometimes even trying to duck even lower.

So different from Kim Myung Min's doctor character... wow when he was down and out in ep2 and the start of ep 3 he could grovel like a dog, be made to sing like a clown and rise again to become THE tower by end ep 4. Amazing.

Its so strange but I'm entirely convinced that I won't be able to fall for a man like Dr Jang but would give my heart to Dr Choi in a heartbeat despite knowing that, I'd probably end up poorer and having a simple lifestyle. -_-

My 2 cents :P

PS: There was an article in the news thread (Shirley jsut posted it a few posts above as well) that said this year will see 4 medical dramas- is anyone intending to watch any of those other ones?

thank u shirley for ur very clear explanation.. the book seems interesting would there be an english version? i didnt quite like the taiwan as well, just watched cause i wanted to how jerry acted there.. the title is quite confusing as well.. i will try to get a copy of the japanese one and start watching this version also.. any subs by the way

i not really sure if there is any eng sub but should have chinese sub .` ^^

=====

^^..esp 4 ..so the voting begin..are the two camps ploting out the strategy ? ..~~ even dr jang had to approached dr oh ? ...what was he trying to do with this professor ..seem like he dont really like dr jang much either it seems .~~ --;;...trying to get him to his side will be tough ..

ohhhh did the two fellow young doctors from dr jang camp went to dr noh and er revealed too much ..otherwise it seem dr noh got very upset over certain matters [ he did not know what prof lee plan for him ? ] ...but i looked at prof lee it seem he quite pityful...i meant at the age of retirement and you still need to be so humbled and even like apolosize to a younger generation doctor ...he seem so in panic when dr noh was sort of not willing to be part of his plan ? ......

lol but er .is he out of prastice .this prof lee....er abit shaky hands .in the operation .....i wonder what confrontion will occured when dr noh and dr jang met in the operation .room ..~~ ....with the entire hospital watching .~

ohh now i remembered where i seem dr jang mother before ..she was also in "Someday" ~

Guest dramaok

Its so strange but I'm entirely convinced that I won't be able to fall for a man like Dr Jang but would give my heart to Dr Choi in a heartbeat despite knowing that, I'd probably end up poorer and having a simple lifestyle. -_-

My 2 cents :P

PS: There was an article in the news thread (Shirley jsut posted it a few posts above as well) that said this year will see 4 medical dramas- is anyone intending to watch any of those other ones?

hehe. well dr. jang would make a better lover imo. so much passion and curiosity. but he'd dropped you in a sec. for his own need.

and of course, dr. choi is a constant calm that a woman can depend on.. albeit boring.. like the wife said.. "why are all the people around me so boring".. ^^.. actually i'm curious how dr. choi and his wife got together.

i checked out 'surgeon dr. bong' but i couldn't continue beyond the first 15 minutes. lee yo won is annoying to me i don't know why. her whinny voice + i don't knwo. how dumb can a doc be. :ph34r:

i not really sure if there is any eng sub but should have chinese sub .` ^^

=====

^^..esp 4 ..so the voting begin..are the two camps ploting out the strategy ? ..~~ even dr jang had to approached dr oh ? ...what was he trying to do with this professor ..seem like he dont really like dr jang much either it seems .~~ --;;...trying to get him to his side will be tough ..

yup i think dr. jang asked dr. oh to vote for him as the next surgeon head. dr. oh doesn't usually vote. but his influence is very strong.. dr. oh said 'i know for sure i will for the one who is most qualified'.. and dr. jang said something like 'i am the most qualified' and then dr. oh said, 'is that right? then that's solved...'..

also, i think there are 2 societies that vote. the medical society (headed by dr. yoo, the president of association). and i think there's the academic society (unofficially headed by dr. oh. i think. not 100% sure but i vaguely remember them talking about the two societies.. ) <-- amended. not sure if the academic society votes, but they have some outer influence it seems. and the head of the academic society is preparing dr. lee's retirement post.. as the head of a clinic outside the city.

ohhhh did the two fellow young doctors from dr jang camp went to dr noh and er revealed too much ..otherwise it seem dr noh got very upset over certain matters [ he did not know what prof lee plan for him ? ]...but i looked at prof lee it seem he quite pityful...i meant at the age of retirement and you still need to be so humbled and even like apolosize to a younger generation doctor ...he seem so in panic when dr noh was sort of not willing to be part of his plan ? ......

lol but er .is he out of prastice .this prof lee....er abit shaky hands .in the operation .....i wonder what confrontion will occured when dr noh and dr jang met in the operation .room ..~~ ....with the entire hospital watching .~

ohh now i remembered where i seem dr jang mother before ..she was also in "Someday" ~

yup the two fellows went to dr. noh to tell them that they only recognize dr. jang and they're loyal to him and it's a known fact that dr. jang is best qualified. btw this scene was kinda funny. w/ the two newbies so gullible yet passionate.

about dr. lee. i pity him but at the same time i feel like there's more to him then you see. he's hiding something. he was in fact worried about dr. noh leaving but dr. noh told him he was caught off guard since he had never experienced that kind of outright disrespect. but dr. noh assured him that he was gonna keep his promise.

----------

next episode looks good. something went wrong in the 3 transplant. so is it dr. noh's fault or is it dr. jang's..? so much at stake..

Its so strange but I'm entirely convinced that I won't be able to fall for a man like Dr Jang but would give my heart to Dr Choi in a heartbeat despite knowing that, I'd probably end up poorer and having a simple lifestyle
hehe. well dr. jang would make a better lover imo. so much passion and curiosity. but he'd dropped you in a sec. for his own need

dr. choi is a constant calm that a woman can depend on.. albeit boring.. like the wife said.. "why are all the people around me so boring".. ^^.. actually i'm curious how dr. choi and his wife got together.

lol sometimes i wonder if the personalities of both dr jang and dr choi cant co exist in one person ? ..

..in the jversion [if it follows here also in the kver ] dr choi and his wife ^^ .meet because

the wife's father was a patient of our good doctor . .a long term illness patient .....but in the end the doctor cant really save him too .but during the process met this wife but you dun really sense it was a very passionate love affair but a more gentle relationship towards like respect for each other in their marriage .

yup i think dr. jang asked dr. oh to vote for him as the next surgeon head. dr. oh doesn't usually vote. but his influence is very strong.. dr. oh said 'i know for sure i will for the one who is most qualified'.. and dr. jang said something like 'i am the most qualified' and then dr. oh said, 'is that right? then that's solved...'also, i think there are 2 societies that vote. the medical society (headed by dr. yoo, the president of association). and i think there's the academic society (unofficially headed by dr. oh. i think. not 100% sure but i vaguely remember them talking about the two societies.. )
ahhh ....that dr oh going to be a unexpected "obstacle* for dr jang and camp

power is not entirely evil .you feel abit of small victory when it is applied agianst the so called "villian camp " but then i never see dr jang as anyone too evil .he does has his rights to be the next surgeon head .just that ..circumstances make it turn into an unexpected warfare..

yup the two fellows went to dr. noh to tell them that they only recognize dr. jang and they're loyal to him and it's a known fact that dr. jang is best qualified. btw this scene was kinda funny. w/ the two newbies so gullible yet passionate

about dr. lee. i pity him but at the same time i feel like there's more to him then you see. he's hiding something. he was in fact worried about dr. noh leaving but dr. noh told him he was caught off guard since he had never experienced that kind of outright disrespect. but dr. noh assured him that he was gonna keep his promise.

is hard for some outsider to break into the circle when those young doctors like worshipping dr jang as an idol. .ohh ..so dr noh was offended by such show of disrespect .....

yup yup ..that prof lee seem to be hiding something ..the reaction he has with regards to fear dr noh is backing out was really quite extreme ..does he need to be so in panic --;;....or is dr noh really his only hope ...but is also quite harsh for him now he had already started the game ..he cant back out too this prof lee nor can he afford to lose ..

btw what did dr jang tear up infront of him .at the beginning of the esp 4 ~` ..dr lee was really in a rage the way he screamed at him .i thought he was going to have a stroke or something

:mellow: something went wrong with the opreation .!! that shuld surely increased the tension .~~

Power is all relative and like Machiavelli said: "power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Both dr. jang and choi were newbies once except for that is where the difference ends. I think it also has to do alot with ambition and taking their vows seriously when entering such a profession. I think dr. jang knew from the bat that he wanted to be more, make more and be someone to be reckoned with, so this is why we see glimmers of his actual humanity peeping through to make him at least look like he has a soul while dr. choi is the very ideal doctor to the very core (BTW you dont meet many of those nowadays). What i really want to see is Dr. Choi step up to the plate and fight, fight for his research and his good name. He's so laidback and ambivalent about everything that he kills me in every sense of the way, so even though im rooting for dr. choi, im also switching to dr. jang's from side to side LOL

In the end, at least i hope to see that dr. jang redeems himself for acting like a total jerk throughout the series but that at least that core of his ambition remains in the end so its not just a cliche happy ending.

Shirley and to everyone- thanks for the wonderful things everyone is contributing to this thread

Power is all relative and like Machiavelli said: "power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Both dr. jang and choi were newbies once except for that is where the difference ends. I think it also has to do alot with ambition and taking their vows seriously when entering such a profession. I think dr. jang knew from the bat that he wanted to be more, make more and be someone to be reckoned with, so this is why we see glimmers of his actual humanity peeping through to make him at least look like he has a soul while dr. choi is the very ideal doctor to the very core (BTW you dont meet many of those nowadays). What i really want to see is Dr. Choi step up to the plate and fight, fight for his research and his good name. He's so laidback and ambivalent about everything that he kills me in every sense of the way, so even though im rooting for dr. choi, im also switching to dr. jang's from side to side LOL

In the end, at least i hope to see that dr. jang redeems himself for acting like a total jerk throughout the series but that at least that core of his ambition remains in the end so its not just a cliche happy ending.

Shirley and to everyone- thanks for the wonderful things everyone is contributing to this thread

^^ ..come and talk more on the drama ..~~ ^ since your lovers obession had ended .~~ ..

i can understand how you feel .lol switching to dr jang from side to side ..there something in him that is realistic the ambition to prove yourself ...it can be in everyone [ but then not everyone has someone like dr choi who alwasy beside you to make a contrast .of how ugly you become with corrupted power when there a living proof beside you that show not everyone need to be so .. .]

but then u looked at dr choi you feel if some forces of dr jang can be shifted to him wont it be so great ...~~ ..it is time he fight back .it is no pt to just keep on being too calm and peaceful you feel like saying to him ! ..this world wont take such people like you seriously .if you just keep on this way .you will be so easily brushed off by those people .!! .we must be stronger and show them ..

ah about the ending ^^

~ if it follows the true essence of the white tower scipt ..it will be something you will not be disappointed

esp 5

snapshot_j_20070120_0067.jpg

snapshot_j_20070120_0179.jpg

snapshot_j_20070120_0071.jpg

snapshot_j_20070120_0110.jpg

snapshot_j_20070120_0105.jpg

i wondered how it go wrong for the opreation .i was reading an article it say the PD mentioned this is a massive transplant operation ..not only one organ only ..and it is like a very major scene to be filmed .~~

Guest dramaok

btw what did dr jang tear up infront of him .at the beginning of the esp 4 ~` ..dr lee was really in a rage the way he screamed at him .i thought he was going to have a stroke or something

:mellow: something went wrong with the opreation .!! that shuld surely increased the tension .~~

it was a report on future surgery dept. plans. but dr. jang said it wasn't at all progressive enough so he tears it and says he'll write it since he's the next chief ! :mellow:

dr. lee, "i don't think you will be.. because you lack in becoming a person.. "

-------

i haven't seen 5 or 6 yet. but i believe the operation was 3 organs all at once. never done before at any other hospitals. i think something goes wrong when dr. noh and dr. jang disagree on something during the surgery, and dr. lee takes dr. noh's side, and dr. jang gets pissed.. ?? need to go watch 5 and 6 soon..

p.s. shirley i took one of the pics you posted from dcinside for my siggy. hope that's okay. :blush: let me know who to credit.. or should i credit you?

Archived